Jump to topic:

Islamic Scriptures are Mysoginistic

muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 11:53:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I understand that while Muslim nations have the worst human rights records, they are not the only places where women are mistreated. Countries like India are also notorious for abuses against women and women are exploited and abused heavily in many parts of the world (even the western world).
I also understand that there are scriptures in other faiths that can be considered oppressive towards women and misogynistic.
Here, I am just trying to point out that Islamic scriptures are no exception. I believe (although it is beside the point of this thread) that this is evidence that the Quran was not written by a loving and just god and that Allah cannot be a merciful god, and therefore cannot exist.
Here are some Islamic Scriptures that are oppressive and insulting to women.

http://www.answering-islam.org...
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 2:37:06 AM
At 11/2/2013 11:53:42 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I understand that while Muslim nations have the worst human rights records, they are not the only places where women are mistreated. Countries like India are also notorious for abuses against women and women are exploited and abused heavily in many parts of the world (even the western world).
I also understand that there are scriptures in other faiths that can be considered oppressive towards women and misogynistic.
Here, I am just trying to point out that Islamic scriptures are no exception. I believe (although it is beside the point of this thread) that this is evidence that the Quran was not written by a loving and just god and that Allah cannot be a merciful god, and therefore cannot exist.

Feeling some points as worthy enough to be shared here, so I'm sharing...just for readers. (not for further discussion)

Providing a link that's a biased one, originally formatted for the opposition propaganda, can't be a good notion of learning purpose or at least not for worthy sharing. (Proof is the text itself)

Secondly, a part of mentioned references of scholars for interpretation, isn't considered reliable. (name; I don't wanna mention and interpretations aren't subject to personal choices)

Finally for the subject topic, ...... if you can't understand the point as logical, that's the objective reason of why you aren't accepting it. So similarly, by same reasoning, you would have to believe that if someone is accepting a point, one must have a logical understanding behind that. So difference is of Point of View and understanding. It's not the point that got change in its meaning every time when one perceives about it. Now who is perceiving more logically is subject to the personal judgement, that's the reasoning for point for difference (This point is just for a rationale thinker to ponder, not an argument at all)

*Good responses don't contain replies!*
Take Care!
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 5:24:02 AM
At 11/3/2013 2:37:06 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 11/2/2013 11:53:42 PM, muslimnomore wrote:

Feeling some points as worthy enough to be shared here, so I'm sharing...just for readers. (not for further discussion)

Providing a link that's a biased one, originally formatted for the opposition propaganda, can't be a good notion of learning purpose or at least not for worthy sharing. (Proof is the text itself)

Secondly, a part of mentioned references of scholars for interpretation, isn't considered reliable. (name; I don't wanna mention and interpretations aren't subject to personal choices)

Finally for the subject topic, ...... if you can't understand the point as logical, that's the objective reason of why you aren't accepting it. So similarly, by same reasoning, you would have to believe that if someone is accepting a point, one must have a logical understanding behind that. So difference is of Point of View and understanding. It's not the point that got change in its meaning every time when one perceives about it. Now who is perceiving more logically is subject to the personal judgement, that's the reasoning for point for difference (This point is just for a rationale thinker to ponder, not an argument at all)

*Good responses don't contain replies!*
Take Care!

Well you nailed that ! Well done.

How long did it take you to not reply? It would have been quicker without your wasted keystrokes. You really are a time waster.

Enjoy your death.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 5:51:27 AM
At 11/3/2013 5:24:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

How long did it take you to not reply? It would have been quicker without your wasted keystrokes. You really are a time waster.

Enjoy your death.

"hahaha u made my day" might be the best suited response for dude.

*Well, it took none of my time to reply to anyone here, as I just responded for my view. I meant for reactive replies, when I said that. Good response doesn't contain replies, doesn't mean not to reply, but not replying in response.*

Good Day! lol
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:41:15 AM
At 11/3/2013 5:51:27 AM, Dazz wrote:
At 11/3/2013 5:24:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

Enjoy your death.

"hahaha u made my day" might be the best suited response for dude.

*Well, it took none of my time to reply to anyone here, as I just responded for my view. I meant for reactive replies, when I said that. Good response doesn't contain replies, doesn't mean not to reply, but not replying in response.*

Good Day! lol
Oh please don't be upset "D"
MnM should have cast his net far beyond the misogyny of the muslims, all of the abrahamic religious texts are equally so.

They have no choice.......................they were written by misogynists.

Ancient goat and camel jockeys who owned their women and their slaves.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 7:51:20 AM
At 11/3/2013 7:39:24 AM, Mirza wrote:
The OP has nothing but a link. He's too unintelligent to make an argument of his own. Have a good day, bimbo.

Yeah that's alright MnM, I have no idea what this dude is on either.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 1:12:30 PM
At 11/3/2013 7:39:24 AM, Mirza wrote:
The OP has nothing but a link. He's too unintelligent to make an argument of his own. Have a good day, bimbo.

oh no, you hurt my feelings! i care so much about how intelligent you think i am. my heart is broken.
but seriously though, next time try to actually say something to oppose the statement made in the topic. it will lead to a more fruitful discussion.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 3:26:32 PM
At 11/3/2013 1:12:30 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
oh no, you hurt my feelings!
Happy to oblige.

i care so much about how intelligent you think i am. my heart is broken.
You don't have to. Just stating the fact.

but seriously though,
So you weren't serious before? You care about how intelligent I think you are?

next time try to actually say something to oppose the statement made in the topic. it will lead to a more fruitful discussion.
Or, try to make an argument so people can make a... Counter-argument. Got it? No?
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 3:32:34 PM
I'm not interested in starting drama with real housewives of butthurt over here. if someone wants to argue against the statement "Quranic verses are misogynistic" go ahead, otherwise stop wasting my time.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 3:43:08 PM
At 11/3/2013 3:28:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
If you want this up for a debate at some point - I'd go for it.

Ummm, if you want to debate me, why don't you get started right here instead of hurling insults?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:49:18 PM
At 11/3/2013 3:43:08 PM, muslimnomore wrote:

Ummm, if you want to debate me, why don't you get started right here instead of hurling insults?
Forum debating is dead. Rare to see a proper discussion not being full of sleazy idiots.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:23:55 PM
At 11/3/2013 6:49:18 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/3/2013 3:43:08 PM, muslimnomore wrote:

Forum debating is dead. Rare to see a proper discussion not being full of sleazy idiots.
case in point
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:24:15 PM
At 11/3/2013 8:21:06 PM, Wnope wrote:
Ever read the Old Testament?

Not exactly feminist.

yep. agreed.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:29:38 PM
At 11/3/2013 8:21:06 PM, Wnope wrote:
Ever read the Old Testament?

Not exactly feminist.

i talked about other scriptures in my original post. perhaps you missed that very important point.