Total Posts:155|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheist's loved ones will not be in heaven

Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 9:14:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

thought about this many times. another point theists seem to completely ignore.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 10:10:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Maybe because of that connection to you, she is hell bound as well.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:32:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/3/2013 9:14:30 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

thought about this many times. another point theists seem to completely ignore.

So ignored that theists are the one wo brought up the problem in the first place? Lol
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 9:05:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

God is pretty narcissistic then... "Worship me, I'm so great!"
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 9:27:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

So on earth jesus tells us to have agape love for our fellow man but in heaven we will be so absorbed with God we won't be concerned with others? This despite the fact that to love your fellow man is an outflowing of your love for God?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 9:30:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 9:27:28 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

So on earth jesus tells us to have agape love for our fellow man but in heaven we will be so absorbed with God we won't be concerned with others? This despite the fact that to love your fellow man is an outflowing of your love for God?

How would you resolve the problem?
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 10:53:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

Then the loved ones would be altered, in which they are no longer the loved ones I know.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 10:55:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 9:30:49 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/4/2013 9:27:28 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

So on earth jesus tells us to have agape love for our fellow man but in heaven we will be so absorbed with God we won't be concerned with others? This despite the fact that to love your fellow man is an outflowing of your love for God?

How would you resolve the problem?

He's a pretty liberal Christian. He may not believe in hell. Annihilationism would be the best way to solve it, it you're a Christian.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 10:56:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Or claiming that everyone will go to heaven, regardless of belief or lack of.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 10:58:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 9:30:49 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/4/2013 9:27:28 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

So on earth jesus tells us to have agape love for our fellow man but in heaven we will be so absorbed with God we won't be concerned with others? This despite the fact that to love your fellow man is an outflowing of your love for God?

How would you resolve the problem?

I'm a universalist; I don't think anyone will be in hell forever.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:00:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 10:55:49 AM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 11/4/2013 9:30:49 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/4/2013 9:27:28 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

So on earth jesus tells us to have agape love for our fellow man but in heaven we will be so absorbed with God we won't be concerned with others? This despite the fact that to love your fellow man is an outflowing of your love for God?

How would you resolve the problem?

He's a pretty liberal Christian. He may not believe in hell. Annihilationism would be the best way to solve it, it you're a Christian.

I used to be an annihilationist. I don't think it goes far enough.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:01:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 10:58:35 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/4/2013 9:30:49 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/4/2013 9:27:28 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

So on earth jesus tells us to have agape love for our fellow man but in heaven we will be so absorbed with God we won't be concerned with others? This despite the fact that to love your fellow man is an outflowing of your love for God?

How would you resolve the problem?

I'm a universalist; I don't think anyone will be in hell forever.

Which is not to be confused with the thought that no one goes to hell.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 12:04:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 8:59:37 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Anyone in Heaven will be so consumed with worshiping God that I don't think or believe that a person in Heaven will be concerned for others. But I could be wrong. I know it says there won't be any pain, or crying or sadness or anger or any sin in Heaven... So guess it must mean that no one's gonna be concerned about another person (a relative more specifically).. A person in Heaven will only be concerned with worshiping God..

So, let's recap.
- I have no body or physical form.
- I have no concern for other people, or anything else except worshiping God
- No pain, sadness, or anger

The question, then, is: In what way am I still me?

The way I see it is that my identity - whatever it is that makes me me - is intrinsically tied to my physical form, my mentality, my behavior, my emotions. Remove those, and I'm no longer me. Whoever I am now is dead, and something new, something cold, emotionless, perhaps containing my memories, is gone.

Now, you can argue that whatever it is that continues to exist is inside me, part of me, and all of that other stuff is extra, but the fact remains that I consider my identity to be the sum of all of that. Remove them, and you alter who I am, and not in a trivial way.

In light of the transformations necessary to coexist with some heaven, I don't think anyone is justified in calling it "eternal life." A metamorphosis into something new, perhaps, but it is a very real death of who we are now.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 1:45:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/3/2013 9:12:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
This is an interesting argument I heard when reading about annihilationism.

My mom would not be happy with me burning in hell. She would be miserable, even if it's the best life in heaven for her. So, God must alter my mom in some way, in which case, she would not be my mom anymore. No one who loves an atheist could truly be happy in heaven.

Thoughts?

Hell is nothing more than separation from God, but don't worry God has an eternity to bring each individual home, unlike the Christian concept of hell where we are to burn in an eternal fire after a single fallible human life of trials, I prefer to think God gives us an innumerable amount of chances to find him through devotion, this can be done simply through re-incarnation. When we die, if we have not built up a desire to return to God, then we can return as a human again and carry over our karma into the next life.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 1:55:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is the story of Noah's son, who disbelieved despite evidence, as the flood almost reached him Noah prayed God to save his son :

And N"h (Noah) called upon his Lord and said, "O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges." (45)

He said: "O N"h (Noah)! Surely, he is not of your family; verily, his work is unrighteous, so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you, lest you be one of the ignorant." (46)

N"h (Noah) said: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers." (47)

It was said: "O N"h (Noah)! Come down (from the ship) with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people who are with you (and on some of their off spring), but (there will be other) people to whom We shall grant their pleasures (for a time), but in the end a painful torment will reach them from Us." (48)

This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad SAW), neither you nor your people knew it before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Al-Muttaq"n (pious - see V.2:2) (49) Quran/ Chapter 11
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 3:04:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 1:55:16 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
There is the story of Noah's son, who disbelieved despite evidence, as the flood almost reached him Noah prayed God to save his son :

And N"h (Noah) called upon his Lord and said, "O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges." (45)

He said: "O N"h (Noah)! Surely, he is not of your family; verily, his work is unrighteous, so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you, lest you be one of the ignorant." (46)

N"h (Noah) said: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers." (47)

It was said: "O N"h (Noah)! Come down (from the ship) with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people who are with you (and on some of their off spring), but (there will be other) people to whom We shall grant their pleasures (for a time), but in the end a painful torment will reach them from Us." (48)

This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad SAW), neither you nor your people knew it before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Al-Muttaq"n (pious - see V.2:2) (49) Quran/ Chapter 11

Relevance?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 3:30:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 3:04:52 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 11/4/2013 1:55:16 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
There is the story of Noah's son, who disbelieved despite evidence, as the flood almost reached him Noah prayed God to save his son :

And N"h (Noah) called upon his Lord and said, "O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges." (45)

He said: "O N"h (Noah)! Surely, he is not of your family; verily, his work is unrighteous, so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you, lest you be one of the ignorant." (46)

N"h (Noah) said: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers." (47)

It was said: "O N"h (Noah)! Come down (from the ship) with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people who are with you (and on some of their off spring), but (there will be other) people to whom We shall grant their pleasures (for a time), but in the end a painful torment will reach them from Us." (48)

This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad SAW), neither you nor your people knew it before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Al-Muttaq"n (pious - see V.2:2) (49) Quran/ Chapter 11

Relevance?

Well those two are sure to be in paradise and hell respectively, they are father and son, but God said to the father , his son isn't his progeny for his actions are evil.

Well for you and your mother (if you are truly from the people of Hell and your mum really from the people of paradise) it would be the same so she will just realise you were never her son.
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:33:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 7:23:29 PM, STALIN wrote:
Ye, except that there is no such thing as heaven.

I hope your username is chosen to be ironic and for no other reason.
Tsar of DDO
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:33:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 3:30:33 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 11/4/2013 3:04:52 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 11/4/2013 1:55:16 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
There is the story of Noah's son, who disbelieved despite evidence, as the flood almost reached him Noah prayed God to save his son :

And N"h (Noah) called upon his Lord and said, "O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges." (45)

He said: "O N"h (Noah)! Surely, he is not of your family; verily, his work is unrighteous, so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you, lest you be one of the ignorant." (46)

N"h (Noah) said: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers." (47)

It was said: "O N"h (Noah)! Come down (from the ship) with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people who are with you (and on some of their off spring), but (there will be other) people to whom We shall grant their pleasures (for a time), but in the end a painful torment will reach them from Us." (48)

This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad SAW), neither you nor your people knew it before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Al-Muttaq"n (pious - see V.2:2) (49) Quran/ Chapter 11

Relevance?

Well those two are sure to be in paradise and hell respectively, they are father and son, but God said to the father , his son isn't his progeny for his actions are evil.

Well for you and your mother (if you are truly from the people of Hell and your mum really from the people of paradise) it would be the same so she will just realise you were never her son.

Then again, she'll be altered in a way that she's no longer my mom.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:53:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 7:33:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:23:29 PM, STALIN wrote:
Ye, except that there is no such thing as heaven.

I hope your username is chosen to be ironic and for no other reason.

This is my username because I am Stalin and Stalin burned and destroyed churches. The fact remains that there is no proof of heaven or hell or god.
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:55:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 7:53:36 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:33:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:23:29 PM, STALIN wrote:
Ye, except that there is no such thing as heaven.

I hope your username is chosen to be ironic and for no other reason.

This is my username because I am Stalin and Stalin burned and destroyed churches.

lol... you sound like a psychiatrist's wet dream.

The fact remains that there is no proof of heaven or hell or god.

And your point to that is...
Tsar of DDO
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:55:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

So ignored that theists are the one wo brought up the problem in the first place? Lol

Since we're getting technical here, let me ask you this: did you really laugh out loud when you were typing that or did you just type that to sound like a douchebag? Is that would Jesus would do?
What I was trying to say is that the theists that I have come across and had discussions with about the topic of heaven (largely muslims) 'seem to' pay no heed to the idea that their loved ones might be burning in hell while they are in this heaven that they describe with such beautiful words. I was not talking about all theists and certainly not talking about theologians or apologists.
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:00:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 7:55:29 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:53:36 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:33:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:23:29 PM, STALIN wrote:
Ye, except that there is no such thing as heaven.

I hope your username is chosen to be ironic and for no other reason.

This is my username because I am Stalin and Stalin burned and destroyed churches.

lol... you sound like a psychiatrist's wet dream.

The fact remains that there is no proof of heaven or hell or god.

And your point to that is...

I have already made my point twice. There is no such thing as god.
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:01:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 11:00:51 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:55:29 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:53:36 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:33:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:23:29 PM, STALIN wrote:
Ye, except that there is no such thing as heaven.

I hope your username is chosen to be ironic and for no other reason.

This is my username because I am Stalin and Stalin burned and destroyed churches.

lol... you sound like a psychiatrist's wet dream.

The fact remains that there is no proof of heaven or hell or god.

And your point to that is...

I have already made my point twice. There is no such thing as god.

Is that so? And what evidence do you have to support that claim?
Tsar of DDO
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:09:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 1:55:16 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
There is the story of Noah's son, who disbelieved despite evidence, as the flood almost reached him Noah prayed God to save his son :

And N"h (Noah) called upon his Lord and said, "O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges." (45)

He said: "O N"h (Noah)! Surely, he is not of your family; verily, his work is unrighteous, so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you, lest you be one of the ignorant." (46)

N"h (Noah) said: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers." (47)

It was said: "O N"h (Noah)! Come down (from the ship) with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people who are with you (and on some of their off spring), but (there will be other) people to whom We shall grant their pleasures (for a time), but in the end a painful torment will reach them from Us." (48)

This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad SAW), neither you nor your people knew it before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Al-Muttaq"n (pious - see V.2:2) (49) Quran/ Chapter 11

Isn't it funny that noah and moses and jesus and all the prophets seemed to have good old chinwags with god but muhammad was restricted to nattering to the hired help?

Why is that, I wonder?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:19:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 11:00:51 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:55:29 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:53:36 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:33:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/4/2013 7:23:29 PM, STALIN wrote:
Ye, except that there is no such thing as heaven.

I hope your username is chosen to be ironic and for no other reason.

This is my username because I am Stalin and Stalin burned and destroyed churches.

lol... you sound like a psychiatrist's wet dream.

The fact remains that there is no proof of heaven or hell or god.

And your point to that is...

I have already made my point twice. There is no such thing as god.

I'll ask again... and what evidence do you have to support that claim?
Tsar of DDO
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 12:23:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 7:55:38 PM, muslimnomore wrote:

So ignored that theists are the one wo brought up the problem in the first place? Lol

Since we're getting technical here, let me ask you this: did you really laugh out loud when you were typing that or did you just type that to sound like a douchebag? Is that would Jesus would do?

I really laughed out loud.

What I was trying to say is that the theists that I have come across and had discussions with about the topic of heaven (largely muslims) 'seem to' pay no heed to the idea that their loved ones might be burning in hell while they are in this heaven that they describe with such beautiful words. I was not talking about all theists and certainly not talking about theologians or apologists.

Okay, that's fair enough.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!