Total Posts:83|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I am a Seventh-Day Adventist... ask away!

secret_strategem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 12:28:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ask questions and I will answer. 2 questions per person max and I will not answer questions that have already been asked so make sure you check to make sure you Q's haven't been addressed. Please be respectful. Please. :)

Shoot.
Have a cheese puff. Have another.

What would happen if Pinocchio said "My nose will now grow..."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 1:07:33 AM
At 11/9/2013 12:28:09 AM, secret_strategem wrote:
Ask questions and I will answer. 2 questions per person max and I will not answer questions that have already been asked so make sure you check to make sure you Q's haven't been addressed. Please be respectful. Please. :)

Shoot.
Do you have a Statement of Faith I can examine, if so please provide it?

Cheers!
secret_strategem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 1:12:10 AM
At 11/9/2013 1:07:33 AM, Composer wrote:

Shoot.

Cheers!

Here http://www.adventist.org...

Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 2:09:46 AM
At 11/9/2013 1:12:10 AM, secret_strategem wrote:

Shoot.

Cheers!

It only appears to show ' What they claim? '

I am interested in examining their legitimate evidence for those claims?

There are also apparently divisions & differences even amongst themselves as there are I believe 2 opposing Camps - 1. 7th Day & 2. Church of god 7th Day?

Cheers!
secret_strategem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 2:42:35 AM
At 11/9/2013 2:09:46 AM, Composer wrote:

Shoot.

Cheers!

There are also apparently divisions & differences even amongst themselves as there are I believe 2 opposing Camps - 1. 7th Day & 2. Church of god 7th Day?

Cheers!

Is this one more informative? http://www.adventist.org.au...

Sorry about that last link. They have updated the site since last I was there and I did not linger on it as I sought the link. It used to have Bible references. This one provides Biblical references. Is that what you wanted?

There are two groups yes. They are "The Seventh Day Adventist Church" and "The Reform Seventh Day Adventist Church." We split during WW1 over issues of military service and Sabbath observance.
See here for main differences http://en.wikipedia.org...

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 5:39:39 AM
1) Correct me if I'm wrong about the church's positions, but don't SDAs hold the belief that the Bible is the sole authority on spiritual matters AND that Ellen White was a modern day Prophet who received revelation from God? It's pretty clear that the Church grants authority status to Ellen White also. Those positions strike me as contradictory, how do you reconcile this?

2) Do you accept the doctrine of Investigative judgment and if so, literally, or figuratively?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 6:40:50 AM
Following from Sidewalker's questions:

1) How do you square a need to investigate prior to judgement with an omnipotent, omniscient god who by definition already knows all that is to be investigated?

2) How do you reconcile links to the Millerites and their flat-out failure to be right about anything?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:07:35 AM

First you asked him to provide a "statement of faith," i.e. a claim. Then he provides you the claim and you say "no, nevermind I don't want the claim even though I just asked for it, I am interested in the evidence for the claims."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:19:16 AM

Shoot.

Were God's saints under the sabbath day of rest or under the Old Covenant that all God's created men were under?

Why did Jesus keep working on the Jewish sabbath day against the wishes of the religious Jews?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 12:47:03 PM
At 11/9/2013 7:07:35 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

First you asked him to provide a "statement of faith," i.e. a claim. Then he provides you the claim and you say "no, nevermind I don't want the claim even though I just asked for it, I am interested in the evidence for the claims."

I think the key word is "legitimate" (as in "legitimate evidence") for I feel 99.44% sure that Composer will rule that he is supplying illegitimate evidence rather than the much-preferred legitimate evidence. Round it up to 100%.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 1:18:37 PM

Shoot.

I'll bite:

The site that you referenced states:

"The Holy Scriptures are the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the authoritative revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God's acts in history."

Thus I conclude that you accept the Bible, rightly divided, as your authority in all religious maters. With than in mind, I shall quote from the site which you endorsed and pose the question.

1. The site which you referenced states, "Baptism is a symbol of our union with Christ, the forgiveness of our sins, and our reception of the Holy Spirit."

Question #1. How can baptism be a symbol of the forgiveness of our sins when baptism itself is unto the remission of sins (Acts 2: 38), antecedent to the washing away of sins (Acts 22: 16) and thus would occur prior to receiving the gift of the Spirit (Acts 2: 38)?

2. The site which you referenced states, "This gift (prophesy) is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White."

Question #2 - and it is a very general question: Have you examined the very lengthy, well documented, and well footnoted charges of plagiarism against Mrs. White, who claimed the Holy Spirit as the source for her guidance? (I will admit that it has been several years since I last looked at it, but I recall that entire chapters of her books were indeed plagiarized in particular from two books which I happen to own, Edersheim's Old Testament Bible History and another by March. How can one plagiarize Holy Spirit guidance?)
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
secret_strategem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:40:41 PM
At 11/9/2013 5:39:39 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
1) Correct me if I'm wrong about the church's positions, but don't SDAs hold the belief that the Bible is the sole authority on spiritual matters AND that Ellen White was a modern day Prophet who received revelation from God? It's pretty clear that the Church grants authority status to Ellen White also. Those positions strike me as contradictory, how do you reconcile this?

2) Do you accept the doctrine of Investigative judgment and if so, literally, or figuratively?

1) The Bible is the sole authority of our faith and we do hold the position that Ellen White was a prophetess. However, she is a non-canonical prophet in the same manner as the Biblical Deborah or Nathan. Their writings were not included in the Biblical canon. Ellen White describes her writings metaphorically as a "lesser light" to the "greater light,"which is the Bible. After careful study and much testing of her testimony compared to the scriptures it is certain they are non-contradictory. We do not get any of our doctrines from her writings.

2) We believe that Jesus entered into the Holy Place in the Heavenly Temple in 1844 and started the investigative judgement. This is backed by Biblical time prophecy.

secret_strategem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:51:06 PM
At 11/9/2013 6:40:50 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
Following from Sidewalker's questions:

1) How do you square a need to investigate prior to judgement with an omnipotent, omniscient god who by definition already knows all that is to be investigated?

2) How do you reconcile links to the Millerites and their flat-out failure to be right about anything?

1) The investigative judgement is not for God. It is for the rest of the universe to see why God is just in his judgement.

2) Whilst it is true that we emerged out of the failure of the Millerite movement, that does not mean we are failures ourselves. And we also don't believe they were failures at everything, they just didn't understand what exactly was going to happen at 1844. :)

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:17:15 PM

Shoot.

Were God's saints under the sabbath day of rest or under the Old Covenant that all God's created men were under?

Why did Jesus keep working on the Jewish sabbath day against the wishes of the religious Jews?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:40:31 PM
At 11/9/2013 7:07:35 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

A Statement of Faith invariably consists of two parts!

1. The Claims set forth for that ideology

&

2. Their evidence (which I asked to examine?)

You are a numbskull!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 12:11:30 AM
At 11/9/2013 2:42:35 AM, secret_strategem wrote:

Shoot.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Sorry about that last link. They have updated the site since last I was there and I did not linger on it as I sought the link. It used to have Bible references. This one provides Biblical references. Is that what you wanted?

There are two groups yes. They are "The Seventh Day Adventist Church" and "The Reform Seventh Day Adventist Church." We split during WW1 over issues of military service and Sabbath observance.

Ok thanks for that!

As always I am 100% honest so I'll let you know that my intention is to show you why your own propaganda fails you as it does ALL acclaimed religions & their respective chosen Story books of propaganda!

So now I can see what you have to offer, my first question is pertaining to their very first claim -

1. The Word of God

The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration through holy men of God who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word,

Please provide what legitimate evidence you have that ANY literal Supernatural god((s) literally exist?

That the ones you propose are Masculine (He)

Not claims, belief, my propaganda says so etc. etc. I want hard evidential, unambiguous & verifiable proofs?

Cheers!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 12:14:00 AM
At 11/9/2013 10:17:15 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Shoot.

biblical jebus is a Historical Myth!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 12:40:05 AM

Shoot.

I'll bite:

The site that you referenced states:

"The Holy Scriptures are the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the authoritative revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God's acts in history."

Thus I conclude that you accept the Bible, rightly divided, as your authority in all religious maters. With than in mind, I shall quote from the site which you endorsed and pose the question.

1. The site which you referenced states, "Baptism is a symbol of our union with Christ, the forgiveness of our sins, and our reception of the Holy Spirit."

Question #1. How can baptism be a symbol of the forgiveness of our sins when baptism itself is unto the remission of sins (Acts 2: 38), antecedent to the washing away of sins (Acts 22: 16) and thus would occur prior to receiving the gift of the Spirit (Acts 2: 38)?

2. The site which you referenced states, "This gift (prophesy) is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White."

Question #2 - and it is a very general question: Have you examined the very lengthy, well documented, and well footnoted charges of plagiarism against Mrs. White, who claimed the Holy Spirit as the source for her guidance? (I will admit that it has been several years since I last looked at it, but I recall that entire chapters of her books were indeed plagiarized in particular from two books which I happen to own, Edersheim's Old Testament Bible History and another by March. How can one plagiarize Holy Spirit guidance?)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 3:53:58 PM
At 11/10/2013 12:11:30 AM, Composer wrote:
At 11/9/2013 2:42:35 AM, secret_strategem wrote:

Shoot.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Ok thanks for that!

As always I am 100% honest so I'll let you know that my intention is to show you why your own propaganda fails you as it does ALL acclaimed religions & their respective chosen Story books of propaganda!

So now I can see what you have to offer, my first question is pertaining to their very first claim -

1. The Word of God

The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration through holy men of God who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word,

Please provide what legitimate evidence you have that ANY literal Supernatural god((s) literally exist?

That the ones you propose are Masculine (He)

Not claims, belief, my propaganda says so etc. etc. I want hard evidential, unambiguous & verifiable proofs?

Cheers!

Some of the original writings of the prophets were kept intact by the religious Jews but many of their own laws were added to them. The original writings of the saints were completely destroyed and only some ideas from them were mixed with religious ideas to promote Christianity as being something from our Creator. Every single Christian who read the new testament has been deceived from the Truth.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 10:26:01 PM
At 11/10/2013 3:53:58 PM, bornofgod wrote:
Every single Christian who read the new testament has been deceived from the Truth.
I have asked this before but you remained silent!

Who told you that you are whatever you claim to be?

Do you hear literal voices in your head?

Are you currently under psychiatric supervision - medication?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:55:29 AM
At 11/10/2013 10:26:01 PM, Composer wrote:
Every single Christian who read the new testament has been deceived from the Truth.

Borno's most truthful statement: "I've found that people who are high or drunk accept my message better."

Likely answer to last two questions: "Yes"
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 2:00:36 AM
At 11/11/2013 1:55:29 AM, annanicole wrote:

Borno's most truthful statement: "I've found that people who are high or drunk accept my message better."

Likely answer to last two questions: "Yes"

Thanks for that useful information!

Cheers!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:31:17 PM

Our Creator came into my mind on December 8th of 1979 and spoke these words, "I AM YOUR CREATOR". From that moment until now has been a long journey of being totally obedient to God whenver He comes into my mind to force me to do things. Now I'm speaking, writing and move my body according to His commandments. This means that He puts words in my mind to write or speak. All my bodily movements are also a language that my friends see in order for them to believe that I'm a testament of our true Creator.

I mostly speak for our Creator now but once in a while, He speaks loudly in my mind ( which is actually His mind where His creation exists ) to get my flesh to obey Him. Only us saints understand this power of God to control our bodies and make us write and speak for Him. The prophets were under this power, also, but they didn't have the Old Covenant "veil" removed in order to get the knowledge of God to understand who they were in His mind.

Unbelievers are God's people who made to reject everything we saints speak. Only God's believers can listen to our testimonies and understand some of it. This is why unbelievers always end up mocking our testimonies, which you can see is very strong in the comments towards me.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 6:10:25 AM
At 11/11/2013 3:31:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Our Creator came into my mind on December 8th of 1979 and spoke these words, "I AM YOUR CREATOR".
Yes well IF you actually believe your Story book text then it explains perfectly what you admit is happening to you now -

The human mind is more deceitful than anything else. . . . . . . . . (Jer. 17:9) NET Story book

As I suspected your ' insight ' is entirely a self induced psychosis, possibly from a sordid lifestyle!

Can you confirm or deny you were on Drugs / Alcohol / Substance abuse before you started to hear voices in your head?

Are you still addicted to any of these substances?

You are mocked & scorned because that is only what you deserve apart from serious psychiatric assistance or medication adjustment!

Fortunately I have never suffered from any of those things, so have you informed your Doctor/Psychiatrist about these ' voices now coming into your head ' or have you kept it from them?

Your mentor & Saviour moi!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 6:16:33 AM
borno: "This is why unbelievers always end up mocking our testimonies, which you can see is very strong in the comments towards me."

Anna: You aren't talking about me, are you?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 9:51:41 AM
At 11/12/2013 6:10:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 11/11/2013 3:31:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Our Creator came into my mind on December 8th of 1979 and spoke these words, "I AM YOUR CREATOR".
Yes well IF you actually believe your Story book text then it explains perfectly what you admit is happening to you now -

The human mind is more deceitful than anything else. . . . . . . . . (Jer. 17:9) NET Story book

As I suspected your ' insight ' is entirely a self induced psychosis, possibly from a sordid lifestyle!

Can you confirm or deny you were on Drugs / Alcohol / Substance abuse before you started to hear voices in your head?

Are you still addicted to any of these substances?

You are mocked & scorned because that is only what you deserve apart from serious psychiatric assistance or medication adjustment!

Fortunately I have never suffered from any of those things, so have you informed your Doctor/Psychiatrist about these ' voices now coming into your head ' or have you kept it from them?

Your mentor & Saviour moi!

I can easily see how much hate you have for the Truth, which is our Creator.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 9:55:21 AM
At 11/12/2013 6:16:33 AM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "This is why unbelievers always end up mocking our testimonies, which you can see is very strong in the comments towards me."

You are an unbeliever, Anna, but only during this first age. You've been indoctrinated with religious ideas and false gods ( things built with human hands ) which makes it almost impossible for you to hear our Creator speak to you. The religious Jews couldn't hear God's voice when the other saints spoke to them, either. They became very jealous of what we know and all the believers who kept listening to us. This is how God got them to kill our flesh. They didn't understand that the Word we speak will go on forever.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 1:26:22 PM
At 11/12/2013 9:55:21 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:16:33 AM, annanicole wrote:

You are an unbeliever, Anna, but only during this first age. You've been indoctrinated with religious ideas and false gods ( things built with human hands ) which makes it almost impossible for you to hear our Creator speak to you. The religious Jews couldn't hear God's voice when the other saints spoke to them, either. They became very jealous of what we know and all the believers who kept listening to us. This is how God got them to kill our flesh. They didn't understand that the Word we speak will go on forever.

That's funny. Everyone else classes me as a believer.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 2:18:12 PM

Shoot.

Why are you a Seventh-Day Adventist?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it