Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

How many Gods exist?

Artpop
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ? THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?
Why does every religion has it's own God?

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 12:01:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM, Artpop wrote:
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ? THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?
Why does every religion has it's own God?

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...

There is one God: God = Jesus's God = YHWH = Allah = the creator of the universe.

Jesus never claimed to be God, he even said he is the way to God, he worshiped God, and prayed God, He kept the commands of God, he was a perfect servant of God.

Allah is Arabic for Aloah (Hebrew

YHWH (Jehovah) is Hebrew for Howah (Arabic) God is one and He has many names, don't be confused.
Artpop
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 12:07:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If so, how come there be different cultures?
How come Allah expect from believers for example not to eat meat, to go to Meka, etc. if he has many names, but Christians don't do that stuff? Don't be confused ;) lol.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 12:44:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 12:07:42 PM, Artpop wrote:
If so, how come there be different cultures?
How come Allah expect from believers for example not to eat meat, to go to Meka, etc. if he has many names, but Christians don't do that stuff? Don't be confused ;) lol.

Once upon a time, there lived six blind men in a village. One day the villagers told them, "Hey, there is an elephant in the village today."

They had no idea what an elephant is. They decided, "Even though we would not be able to see it, let us go and feel it anyway." All of them went where the elephant was. Everyone of them touched the elephant.

"Hey, the elephant is a pillar," said the first man who touched his leg.

"Oh, no! it is like a rope," said the second man who touched the tail.

"Oh, no! it is like a thick branch of a tree," said the third man who touched the trunk of the elephant.

"It is like a big hand fan" said the fourth man who touched the ear of the elephant.

"It is like a huge wall," said the fifth man who touched the belly of the elephant.

"It is like a solid pipe," Said the sixth man who touched the tusk of the elephant.

They began to argue about the elephant and everyone of them insisted that he was right. It looked like they were getting agitated. A wise man was passing by and he saw this. He stopped and asked them, "What is the matter?" They said, "We cannot agree to what the elephant is like." Each one of them told what he thought the elephant was like. The wise man calmly explained to them, "All of you are right. The reason every one of you is telling it differently because each one of you touched the different part of the elephant. So, actually the elephant has all those features what you all said."

"Oh!" everyone said. There was no more fight. They felt happy that they were all right.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
srehtiw
Posts: 491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 3:12:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 12:47:14 PM, Artpop wrote:
I'm sorry, but your theory is ... I don't know how to put it nicely :)

Actually his theory is bang on the money. God is an 11 dimensional being, at least. We are 3 dimensional beings. This makes it physically impossible to perceive the true form of god (which is actually a core Hindu belief) We are in effect blind people trying to perceive an elephant which is 5,000,000,000 miles long, never stops moving and less than 0ne third of which is actually possible to feel.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 3:59:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 12:07:42 PM, Artpop wrote:
If so, how come there be different cultures?
How come Allah expect from believers for example not to eat meat, to go to Meka, etc. if he has many names, but Christians don't do that stuff? Don't be confused ;) lol.

Well is it bad that there are different cultures ?! or you mean why different religious practices, for that God rules what he wills, most rulings are for our benefit (as a kind) , some rulings are for test.

Muslims do eat meat, but kosher (like Jews but call it Halal), no pork, Christians should do the same if they had followed Jesus peace be upon him, but they chose to follow Paul's doctrine.

There are 3 holy mosques (churches) in Islam , the Mecca mosque , the Madinah Mosque, and the Jerusalem Mosque. the churches are holy for the prophetic reasons, but Mecca was actually the first church built to worship God , by Adam.

All 3 religions are called Abrahamic religions, so Abraham is their model, Abraham had 2 main sons Ismael, the first is the father of Arabs, Ishaq, the second is the father of Israel. Abraham prayed for both His sons and God gave him good tidings for both.

Ishaq was the promised son, and Ismael the first son, the children of Israel were preferred by God an he gave them kings and prophets, wisdom, but they did not keep His covenant (most of them that is) He sent the last prophet, the Messiah Jesus son of Mary with visible potents but they helped to kill him!

The sons of Ismael lived with the remaining knowledge about God the fell in idolatry and polytheism until God sent the last prophet Mohamed, promised in the Old and new testament. Jews are still waiting for the messiah and the prophet!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 4:20:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM, Artpop wrote:
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ? THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?
Why does every religion has it's own God?

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...

No religious person has ever known God. Only us saints and prophets have known Him because we are created as His voice to speak for Him. Religious people use our words to make them believe they are speaking for our Creator but they are only imitating us saints and prophets.

Religious ideas and false gods ( things built with human hands ) came from God's plan called the beast. This was meant to deceive His people but at the same time make them build things to help us saints understand the invisible energy we were created as. Now we have the latest technology in place to help us understand our invisible existence within the mind of our Creator.

No man such as Jesus, Mohammed, Joseph Smith, Buddha, etc. are God on earth. God is invisible and will remain invisible forever. He's the Creator of everything.

Isaiah 40
28: Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary, his understanding is unsearchable.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Isaiah 45
5: I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I gird you, though you do not know me,
6: that men may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.
7: I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the LORD, who do all these things.
8: "Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation may sprout forth, and let it cause righteousness to spring up also; I the LORD have created it.
srehtiw
Posts: 491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 4:38:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 3:14:20 PM, Artpop wrote:
There are more than 10.000 God's. So, his theory doesn't help.

How does that make any sense? Did you not read my explanation? It's a small miracle there are that few gods considering what we are all trying to comprehend.
Artpop
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:34:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 4:20:40 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM, Artpop wrote:
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ? THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?
Why does every religion has it's own God?

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...

No religious person has ever known God.

^^ Exactly.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:42:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
There are many gods according to the biblical one because it was ' Jealous ' of them getting the attention it demanded exclusively!

2.Exodus 34:14 (KJV Story book)
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 12:55:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM, Artpop wrote:
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ? THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?
Why does every religion has it's own God?

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...

If God exists,( Which I believe he does ) Then he has the ability to self replicate, The replications will be his plenary portions, a plenary portion means something that is able to emanate or manifest from God and it will be absolute in itself and God will not lack anything in himself.

With this ability God is able to manifest innumerable Gods just like a candle is able to light other candles and still not lose it's original intensity.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:48:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/11/2013 8:42:22 AM, Composer wrote:
There are many gods according to the biblical one because it was ' Jealous ' of them getting the attention it demanded exclusively!

2.Exodus 34:14 (KJV Story book)
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

The gods spoken about in the prophecies are ideas and things built with human hands that came out of the beast. The beast is God's plan to teach His people how to build things until we had the latest technology in place to teach us saints that we're created as wavelengths of energy, which is called information today.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:55:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM, Artpop wrote:
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ? THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?
Why does every religion has it's own God?

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...

Well, to make an argument, I cannot see why it couldn't be possible that everyone everywhere saw all about them signs of balance and order which pointed to a creator. Believing in a creator or creators, but having no idea of what he/she/they were like, each group or tribe would give the creator(s) the characteristics they found most likely or appealing to themselves and their way of life. As mankind progressed and civilization evolved it became more accepted that there was only one God, but this led to strong emotional arguments about his/her true character - arguments which last to this very day. :)
Artpop
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 11:18:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/11/2013 3:12:35 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
How many fictional characters exist, hundreds. How many Gods exist, zero.

Exactly.
ethang5
Posts: 4,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:09:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM, Artpop wrote:
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ?

To answer this question, one must evaluate the claims. Dismissing ALL claims just because there are more than one seems to me illogical.

THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?

Well, until we check out the claims, who knows if you're wrong. But I will say here that if there can be two Gods, there is no reason there can't be 4953573904 Gods. My personal belief (from Logic) is that given the claimed qualities of the Christian God, if He does exist, it would be impossible for there to be any other, AND, if a God does exist, He must necessarily have the qualities claimed by Christian doctrine.

Why does every religion has it's own God?

Probably for the same reason every country has it's own currency. Currency is a physical representation of a non-physical reality.

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...

Um, not to nit-pick but Jesus and Yehovah are the same person, MCB not withstanding. But I'm sure that part of the reason is because others want the fame and adulation a "God" gets. This is the same reason that are several "best" beers, several "most reliable cars" etc.

If I opposed Christianity, one of the best weapons would be to create claimants to muddy up the waters. To the point where people simply wanted to ditch ALL claims to escape the babble. It's illogical but that's human nature.
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 2:46:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 11:12:46 AM, Artpop wrote:
That's one of the reasons, why believing in God is ... I am sorry, Christians and others, funny. That's just my belief, I don't judge any of you. But, can you, believers, please answer me.

WHICH GOD IS REAL ? THERE CAN NOT BE 4953573904 GODS, OR AM I WRONG?
Why does every religion has it's own God?

How come is there Jesus, Allah, Yehovah,...

What do mean "funny"?
Yananiso
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 8:21:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is only one God who's in heaven and who created the earth and also created each and everyone of us and all creatures on earth and created day and nyt .thats my belief that there's one God,the Lord in heaven