Jump to topic:

Atheists Worship Logic

Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 1:38:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Atheist mega-churches? Copycat much? The respect atheists have for logic is religious. Imposing, inconsistent, contradictory. Atheists claim a simple definition for their cause that limits the meaning of atheism to a concisely literal interpretation of the root word and prefix. Then they add all these disingenuous side missions that vary among atheists.

If logic is their substitute god (object of worship), then Sam Harris is their messiah. I don't care about your offended ego objecting to the classification. Don't adopt the same elements of religion if you're so antichurch.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 2:09:54 PM
At 11/12/2013 1:38:29 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Atheist mega-churches? Copycat much? The respect atheists have for logic is religious. Imposing, inconsistent, contradictory. Atheists claim a simple definition for their cause that limits the meaning of atheism to a concisely literal interpretation of the root word and prefix. Then they add all these disingenuous side missions that vary among atheists.

If logic is their substitute god (object of worship), then Sam Harris is their messiah. I don't care about your offended ego objecting to the classification. Don't adopt the same elements of religion if you're so antichurch.

The objections to religion have nothing to do with its trappings.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 3:16:52 PM
Don't adopt the same elements of religion if you're so antichurch.

Hi there trolly. The above sentence is key to your misunderstanding; they are not copying elements of religion and are not anti-church. What they are doing is comping elements of church whilst not wanting the elements of religion that normally go with it. It's as far from what you describe as it possibly could be.
MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 3:48:27 PM

Not sure if joke...or straw man...
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 5:24:35 PM

There are some aspects of religion I like. Being atheist does not mean you are against all aspects of religion. I think all religions have good teachings. I believe that religious festivals, celebrations and feasts are amongst the best inventions of human beings.