Jump to topic:

the signs of the return of Jesus Christ

dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:06:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Matthew 24:01 .. Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to him
24:02 .. and he said to them . . . do you not see all these things .. truly I say to you .. not one stone here will be left upon another .. which will not be torn down
24:03 .. as he was sitting on the Mount of Olives .. the disciples came to him privately .. saying . . . tell us .. when will these things happen .. and what will be the sign of your coming .. and of the end of the age

wars / economic collapse and chaos / earthquakes / signs in the Heavens / deceptions / depravities / perversions / ........ dadmansabode.com
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:19:08 AM
Most believe that the tribulation period will be within a 7 year parameter
3 1/2 + 3 1/2 ....... (I believe) beginning with what the Bible calls .. the conformation of the covenant .. world-wide recognition of the boarders of Israel .... how close are we .. could this happen within my lifetime ?? .. I am 56 .. and I pray God for many more years .. or at least to be able to witness this major event of all events ......... COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:32:31 AM
At 11/13/2013 11:19:08 AM, dadman wrote:
3 1/2 + 3 1/2 ....... (I believe) beginning with what the Bible calls .. the conformation of the covenant .. world-wide recognition of the boarders of Israel .... how close are we .. could this happen within my lifetime ?? .. I am 56 .. and I pray God for many more years .. or at least to be able to witness this major event of all events ......... COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS

Another ridiculous post.

Matt 23: 34-37

Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: some of them shall ye kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city: that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killeth the prophets, and stoneth them that are sent unto her! how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate."

Matt 24: 33-34

"even so ye also, when ye see all these things, know ye that he is nigh, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished."

And here you are, coming on here trying to say that Matt 24: 4-35 have not been fulfilled!

Just look at what you said: "wars / economic collapse and chaos / earthquakes / signs in the Heavens / deceptions / depravities / perversions "

Jesus never said that wars would immediately precede his literal second coming, nor earthquakes, nor famines, nor signs - or any of the rest of that stuff. In fact, He said it would come as a thief in the night.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:08:25 PM
"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense. Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large mustache. Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors. The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and in their opinion there was no her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors. The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and in their opinion there was no finer boy anywhere."
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:43:11 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:11:47 AM, Naysayer wrote:
This is going to be a very interesting discussion.

not w/ a jehovah witness .. that's for dang sure

JW theology http://carm.org... exposed
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:54:29 PM
Jesus never said that wars would immediately precede his literal second coming.

so you are claiming that Jesus has already literally returned ?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:02:49 PM
At 11/13/2013 12:54:29 PM, dadman wrote:
Jesus never said that wars would immediately precede his literal second coming.

so you are claiming that Jesus has already literally returned ?

I'm claiming that Jesus stated that the events described in Matt 24: 4-34 would occur before the generation to whom He was speaking died away. He plainly said, "This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished." I have a question. Did that generation pass away before all those things were accomplished? Be sure and inform us of that.

No, Jesus Christ has not literally returned - and when He does, it will be without warning, without an array of signs, as a thief in the night.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:08:10 PM
No .. Jesus Christ has not literally returned.

thank you very much

and when He does, it will be without warning, without an array of signs, as a thief in the night.

that is for the children of the night .. not for (Christians) the children of the day http://dadmansabode.com...

you need to re-read your Bible .... and no, not the new world translation . . . CULT
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:15:32 PM
At 11/13/2013 1:08:10 PM, dadman wrote:
No .. Jesus Christ has not literally returned.

thank you very much

and when He does, it will be without warning, without an array of signs, as a thief in the night.

that is for the children of the night .. not for (Christians) the children of the day http://dadmansabode.com...

you need to re-read your Bible .... and no, not the new world translation . . . CULT

You need to re-read the question. I'm sure it was merely an oversight.

"I'm claiming that Jesus stated that the events described in Matt 24: 4-34 would occur before the generation to whom He was speaking died away. He plainly said, "This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished." I have a question. Did that generation pass away before all those things were accomplished? Be sure and inform us of that."

I wrote, "Be sure and inform us of that." That question mark at the end of the preceding sentence indicates an inquiry. Remember, when you asked, "So you are claiming that Jesus has already literally returned ?" You put a question mark at the end. That's why I answered it. I, however, asked, "Did that generation pass away before all those things were accomplished?". You didn't answer.

You must answer questions.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:21:53 PM
Jesus spoke these words to his disciples .. they were not to know the day or the hour .. just as Daniel tried to understand the prophecy God had spoken through him .. Daniel was told to seal up the book ( Daniel 12:09 ) .. it was not for him or his generation to know .. but reserved for the generation that was to experience the time of the end

Immediately after the distress of those days 'the sun will be darkened .. and the moon will not give its light .. the stars will fall from the sky .. and the heavenly bodies will be shaken . . . . At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky .. and all the nations of the earth will mourn . . They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky .. with power and great glory . . .And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call .. and they will gather his elect from the four winds .. from one end of the heavens to the other . . . Now learn this lesson from the fig-tree .. As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out .. you know that summer is near . . . Even so .. when you see all these things ( everything prior in chapter 24 ) .. you know that it is near ( very close ) .. right at the door . . . I ( Jesus ) tell you the truth . . . this generation ( the generation that sees these signs ) will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened . . . Heaven and earth will pass away .. but my words will never pass away . . . . . Jesus .. Matthew 24:29-35

( now .. back to those Jesus is currently speaking to )

No-one knows about that day or hour .. not even the angels in heaven .. nor the Son .. but only the Father . . . . As it was in the days of Noah ( absolute moral dysfunction and breakdown ) .. so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man . . . For in the days before the flood .. people were eating and drinking .. marrying and giving in marriage ( business as usual ) .. up to the day Noah entered the ark . . . and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came ( suddenly ) and took ( swept ) them all away .. That is how it will be ( speaking about the future generation witnessing the signs ) at the coming of the Son of Man . . . . . Jesus Matthew 24:36-39
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:37:25 PM
Oh, but " this generation ( the generation that sees these signs )", as you say, has no meaning whatsoever unless it refers to the generation to whom the Lord was then speaking.

Why don't you tell us what difference it would make in your end-time theology if the climax of the list of signs, verse 34, were simply eliminated?

"This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished."

According to you, that is just a non-specific generation out of the blue. It means nothing to you. Nothing at all. Notice how you've perverted it to meaninglessness. You have the Lord referring to some future generation thousands of years down the road. You'd do better to just leave it as it is.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 1:45:26 PM
that is just a non-specific generation out of the blue .

no .. it is a specific generation (can you not read) the generation that sees these signs

It means nothing to you nothing at all .

duh, I think it does . . . . btw: .. you go catch a polite attitude and I'll continue w/ you .. until then Annanicole .. I consider you in time-out

..... I'll wait for others to join this discussion . . . . peace yall :)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:08:24 PM
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and garnish the tombs of the righteous, and say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we should not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye witness to yourselves, that ye are sons of them that slew the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents, ye offspring of vipers, how shall ye escape the judgment of hell? Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: some of them shall ye kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city: that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation."

Dadman has concluded that "this generation" (bolded above) does not mean that generation, but some yet future generation. Ummmm ... ok. What would the passage have meant if the sentence, "All these things shall come upon this generation" had been eliminated? NOTHING, according to dadman. Not a thing.

Not only that but look at these silly interpretations:

verse 16: "let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains"

Dadman thinks that it'll be a grand idea for Christians to run into the mountains at or before the Lord returns.

verse 18: "let him that is in the field not return back to take his cloak"

Will folks in the field be thinking about running back inside for a jacket at the Lord's return?

verse 20: "pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath"

Who cares if the Lord returns in the winter or on Saturday?

You see, trying to shove the prophesy of the destruction of Jerusalem into the far future involves all sorts of difficulties. Just look at the mess on Matt 24 alone. He's now been forced into claiming that "this generation" did not refer to that generation that was then living.

I should become a prophet. I predict that a cure for cancer will be discovered - and this generation shall not pass until it be fulfilled. According to dadman's reasoning, if a cure is found in 2250, I had it right! I was "just talking about whatever generation happens to see it." LOL
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:15:00 PM
Anna: " that is just a non-specific generation out of the blue .

Dadman: no .. it is a specific generation (can you not read) the generation that sees these signs

Anna: It means nothing to you nothing at all .

Dadman: "duh, I think it does . . . . btw: .. you go catch a polite attitude and I'll continue w/ you"

Anna: Do you see what he's doing. He's changing it to "a generation". Want him to prove it to us?

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished."

"Verily I say unto you, A generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished."

See? It's just whatever generation happens to see the signs. Just pick a generation. Any generation. Surely some generation will see them! Thus, to folks like dadman, there's not a lick of difference between "this generation" and "a generation".

The climax ... the culmination .... of all of the Lord's statements prior to verse 34 is, "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished." The millennialist interpretation robs the meaning of the statement - and seeks to reduce it to meaningless. All Dadman can do is say that some yet-future generation will see the signs, and when they do, then that is this generation! What an interpretation!
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:19:45 PM
MAN !!!! .. she sure told me .. hope I never see this B at my front door

John 01:01 - In the beginning was the Word .. and the Word was with God .. and the Word was God

John 01:14 - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us .. We have seen his glory .. the glory of the One and Only .. who came from the Father .. full of grace and truth

dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:28:31 PM
IF therefore thou shalt not watch .. I (Jesus) will come on thee as a thief . . . and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee

. . . . Revelation 3:3 http://dadmansabode.com...

with ears to the ground and an eye in the sky .. my neck hurts :)

watch - watch - watch http://www.prophecyupdate.com...
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:29:20 PM
At 11/13/2013 2:19:45 PM, dadman wrote:

1p3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 4:25:53 PM
How long ago was this impossible .........

And he (Antichrist) causes all .. the small and the great .. and the rich and the poor .. and the free men and the slaves .. to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead .. and he provides that >> NO ONE << will be able to buy or to sell ..
except the one who has the mark .. either the name of the beast or the number of his name . . . . . Revelation 13:16-17 http://www.markbeast.com...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 4:32:07 PM
At 11/13/2013 2:19:45 PM, dadman wrote:

John 01:01 - In the beginning was the Word .. and the Word was with God .. and the Word was God

John 01:14 - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us .. We have seen his glory .. the glory of the One and Only .. who came from the Father .. full of grace and truth

This poor nutcase thinks I'm a Jehovah's Witness. Of course, he also thinks that Matt 24: 4-35 are speaking of the 2nd coming of Christ. This belief is held in common with all fringe groups, including Jehovah's Witnesses.

I guess a part of everyone wants to see himself as a "prophetic seer" who can shed some light on prophesy for the world. Too bad that every bit of Matt 24: 4-35 has already occurred - and it relates to the fall of Jerusalem, not the end of time.

Observe Luke's account of the same thing:

"But when ye see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that her desolation is at hand. Then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains; and let them that are in the midst of her depart out; and let not them that are in the country enter therein. For these are days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. Woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! for there shall be great distress upon the land, and wrath unto this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led captive into all the nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."

Matt 24: 4-35 is saying the same thing. It refers to the fall of Jerusalem to the Romans in AD 70- not signs of the imminent literal 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 4:49:00 PM
At 11/13/2013 12:43:11 PM, dadman wrote:

No. I just know how annanicole stands and she can be a bit abrasive at times.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 5:01:03 PM
At 11/13/2013 4:49:00 PM, Naysayer wrote:

LOL probably so. Nothing irks me more than so-called Christians trying to speculate about end-times - and before you know it, they'll speculate Jesus right off His throne, speculate His kingdom into a mere territory, and speculate the heart and soul of Biblical accuracy right out the window.

One tried to tell me the other day that yes, Jesus said the kingdom was at hand - and Jesus thought that it was. But the darned Jews upset His plan by rejecting Him, so He postponed the kingdom and set up the church as a contingent, a sort of interim measure. In the meantime, He went back to heaven to wait around on the Jews to accept Him. A theory like that produces atheists.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 4:55:49 AM
At 11/13/2013 5:01:03 PM, annanicole wrote:

LOL probably so. Nothing irks me more than so-called Christians trying to speculate about end-times - and before you know it, they'll speculate Jesus right off His throne, speculate His kingdom into a mere territory, and speculate the heart and soul of Biblical accuracy right out the window.

One tried to tell me the other day that yes, Jesus said the kingdom was at hand - and Jesus thought that it was. But the darned Jews upset His plan by rejecting Him, so He postponed the kingdom and set up the church as a contingent, a sort of interim measure. In the meantime, He went back to heaven to wait around on the Jews to accept Him. A theory like that produces atheists.

I would think we could all use a bit more gospel preaching and a little less prophetic interpretation, yay or nay. Prophesy is prophesy. It's going to happen, regardless. It's a bit too loose to demand any specific interpretation, anyway.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 11:22:30 AM
I would think we could all use a bit more gospel preaching and a little less prophetic interpretation, yay or nay. Prophesy is prophesy. It's going to happen, regardless. It's a bit too loose to demand any specific interpretation, anyway .

well that would be all fine and fancy .. If God had not inspired His Apostle John to write the book of Revelation http://dadmansabode.com... and then encourage the reader that there are blessings instore for the one who reads and understands the content of this prophecy ....... therefore I will read / understand / watch and proclaim this content as I see the final day he spoke about approaching
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 12:10:17 PM
At 11/14/2013 4:55:49 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 11/13/2013 5:01:03 PM, annanicole wrote:

I would think we could all use a bit more gospel preaching and a little less prophetic interpretation, yay or nay. Prophesy is prophesy. It's going to happen, regardless. It's a bit too loose to demand any specific interpretation, anyway.

That is 100% correct. The gospel - not prophesy interpretation - is God's power unto salvation. In fact, prophesy interpretation is of but little concern to me unless it reflects poorly upon the church (and I believe the millennialist interpretation does just that).

A good while ago, I heard a man say something to the effect, "Biblical prophesy can never be interpreted with pinpoint accuracy until after the prophesied event occurs." I'm not so sure that he's not correct. I'd just change the "never" to "usually".
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 12:20:31 PM
At 11/14/2013 11:22:30 AM, dadman wrote:
I would think we could all use a bit more gospel preaching and a little less prophetic interpretation, yay or nay. Prophesy is prophesy. It's going to happen, regardless. It's a bit too loose to demand any specific interpretation, anyway .

well that would be all fine and fancy .. If God had not inspired His Apostle John to write the book of Revelation http://dadmansabode.com... and then encourage the reader that there are blessings instore for the one who reads and understands the content of this prophecy ....... therefore I will read / understand / watch and proclaim this content as I see the final day he spoke about approaching.

Then you'd do well to read the prologue to it:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John ... Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand."

The very reason that the early Christians received a blessing by reading the prophesy was because they saw the fulfillment of it - and the evidence of it in right there in John's explanation: "for the time is at hand." There is no stretch by which "for the time is at hand" could be explained as "over two thousand years." The very first sentence, the set-up to the vision, states that these are the things that must shortly come to pass.

The prologue to the Book of Revelation sets the stage, as does the prologue of all apocalyptic literature. It's all written about the same way, with many of the same figures.

By the way, any interpretation that demotes Jesus from His throne, demotes Him from His position as King, demotes the church into a contingent - an interim measure, and demotes us from being citizens of His kingdom is inherently wrong. Premillennialism makes the first advent of the Son of God a failure for the most part.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 12:42:17 PM
well we'll just have to agree to disagree ..... but thank you for your opinion
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 1:11:59 PM
At 11/14/2013 12:42:17 PM, dadman wrote:
well we'll just have to agree to disagree ..... but thank you for your opinion

Same to you; however, if I am wrong, there are no dire consequences for me. The implications of your position have horrid consequences - all the way to making the first coming of Jesus Christ a partial failure. Another thing: just look at all the end-time speculation groups who make the sacrilegious claim that the kingdom of Jesus Christ is not here. To the contrary, they say that it's yet future. I'm not saying that you said any such thing. I'm saying that some do, to their detriment.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 4:02:55 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:32:31 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 11/13/2013 11:19:08 AM, dadman wrote:

Another ridiculous post.

Matt 23: 34-37

Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: some of them shall ye kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city: that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killeth the prophets, and stoneth them that are sent unto her! how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate."

Matt 24: 33-34

"even so ye also, when ye see all these things, know ye that he is nigh, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished."

And here you are, coming on here trying to say that Matt 24: 4-35 have not been fulfilled!

Just look at what you said: "wars / economic collapse and chaos / earthquakes / signs in the Heavens / deceptions / depravities / perversions "

Jesus never said that wars would immediately precede his literal second coming, nor earthquakes, nor famines, nor signs - or any of the rest of that stuff. In fact, He said it would come as a thief in the night.

You sinners in this forum will be looking for the Truth right up until the earth begins to shake violently. Even while you're screaming for your life, you will not know what's going on because you wouldn't listen to God's last saint testifying to His hidden knowledge about the end of this age.