Jump to topic:

Science and Religion are Not True Enemies

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 7:25:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you look at science and religion, they're more complementary to each other than antagonistic. The real conflict lies between the naturalist conception of science and religions, because religions describe the supernatural, and naturalism prima facie rejects the supernatural.

Can we all agree on this?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 8:58:12 AM
At 11/17/2013 7:25:53 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
If you look at science and religion, they're more complementary to each other than antagonistic. The real conflict lies between the naturalist conception of science and religions, because religions describe the supernatural, and naturalism prima facie rejects the supernatural.

When I speak to most Christians about how God created us as energy, they totally reject the Truth who gave me this idea.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 9:40:53 AM

How are religion and science complementary? I would think naturalism compliments science more.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 9:41:34 AM
At 11/17/2013 7:56:16 AM, Volkov wrote:
No, we can't agree on this, mostly because you've not shown how religion and science are complementary.

Religion gives people an account of the creation of the universe. So does science.

After being read the Bible I became interested in the science that made this world. Science and religion can most certainly coexist because they both deal with creation of the world and other such things.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 9:43:25 AM
At 11/17/2013 9:40:53 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

How are religion and science complementary? I would think naturalism compliments science more.

That premise of naturalism is self-refuting in that it cannot be backed up with evidence. Also, on naturalism, many things in science, like macro-evolution, are unprovable.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 9:45:14 AM
At 11/17/2013 9:43:25 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

That premise of naturalism is self-refuting in that it cannot be backed up with evidence.

Naturalism is not self-refuting, and can be backed up by evidence. Are you in the twilight zone?

Also, on naturalism, many things in science, like macro-evolution, are unprovable.

We have tons of evidence for macroevolution. Do you live under a rock?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 9:46:06 AM
At 11/17/2013 9:41:34 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
No, we can't agree on this, mostly because you've not shown how religion and science are complementary.

Religion gives people an account of the creation of the universe. So does science.

After being read the Bible I became interested in the science that made this world. Science and religion can most certainly coexist because they both deal with creation of the world and other such things.

Naturalism and science can co-exist to. This is not really a good argument from you.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 9:52:23 AM
What you see deceives you from who you really are.

No one can see energy, even though we know it exists.

Where we came from is only known to those of us who speak from it.

Time, space and matter are only illusions to give us a defined world to experience from our invisible existence.

What you believe in are illusions of this world. You have to be chosen to believe in anything that's invisible.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 11:55:29 AM
At 11/17/2013 9:45:14 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/17/2013 9:43:25 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

That premise of naturalism is self-refuting in that it cannot be backed up with evidence.

Naturalism is not self-refuting, and can be backed up by evidence. Are you in the twilight zone?

Can it really be proved that everything can be explained by nature? The Big Bang can't. Neither can the origin of life from non-living material.

Lots of things in this world are unnatural too, like morality and other such things. We don't have evidence for why we are moral animals as opposed to selfish ones.

Also, on naturalism, many things in science, like macro-evolution, are unprovable.

We have tons of evidence for macroevolution. Do you live under a rock?

Not on the scale where animals change biological Groups ya don't.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 12:00:00 PM

Of course they can.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 12:25:39 PM
When I speak to most Christians about how God created us as energy, they totally reject the Truth who gave me this idea .

well no .. God did not just create man (life) as just energy .. all life is triune

matter / energy and . . . .

I'll let you "science" egg-heads fill in the third element .. can you ????
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn