Should Christians judge God?

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 6:13:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

Many have read the scriptures and come away at the end with a poor impression of God"s morals. This judgement stands apart of their belief or non-belief in God and the bible God is rejected purely on moral grounds.

Many Christians on the other hand seem give God a pass and exonerate their God"s more outrageous and immoral actions. I myself have noticed that Christians have a double set of morals. One for God and another for man. They praise and adore God for the same actions that they condemn man for. I see this as Christians judging God incorrectly.

http://www.youtube.com...

I have been told on a number of occasions, only by Christians, ---- that inferior mind like our human minds cannot judge God and that we should not even try to judge God as his ways are not our ways, which flies in the face of ----- as above, so below. This indicates that the morality of God is the same as the morality of man and scriptures seem to agree.

Gen 3;22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Is it good advice to not judge God as Christians say, --- or should God be judged?

Regards
DL
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 6:33:27 PM
At 11/20/2013 6:13:36 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

Many have read the scriptures and come away at the end with a poor impression of God"s morals. This judgement stands apart of their belief or non-belief in God and the bible God is rejected purely on moral grounds.

Many Christians on the other hand seem give God a pass and exonerate their God"s more outrageous and immoral actions. I myself have noticed that Christians have a double set of morals. One for God and another for man. They praise and adore God for the same actions that they condemn man for. I see this as Christians judging God incorrectly.

I have been told on a number of occasions, only by Christians, ---- that inferior mind like our human minds cannot judge God and that we should not even try to judge God as his ways are not our ways, which flies in the face of ----- as above, so below. This indicates that the morality of God is the same as the morality of man and scriptures seem to agree.

Gen 3;22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Is it good advice to not judge God as Christians say, --- or should God be judged?

Regards
DL

They won't be Christians for very long if they do judge their own deity. That's how people (like me) disassociate themselves with Christianity.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 6:40:01 PM
"Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 *x2.1 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and *x2.2 with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but *x3.1 do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 6:47:52 PM
At 11/20/2013 6:33:27 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Regards
DL

They won't be Christians for very long if they do judge their own deity. That's how people (like me) disassociate themselves with Christianity.

I hear you but had you not judged God to be good before you looked closely at the things that changed your mind?

Or was it more of a blind faith that excluded judgements and was more of just accepting the God that your friends and family had chosen for you?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 6:50:30 PM
At 11/20/2013 6:40:01 PM, Composer wrote:
"Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 *x2.1 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and *x2.2 with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but *x3.1 do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

If you have not judged the God you follow, how do you know that he is worthy of his title and not more of a Satan type than a God type?

Regards
DL
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 6:57:49 PM
At 11/20/2013 6:47:52 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards
DL

I hear you but had you not judged God to be good before you looked closely at the things that changed your mind?

Or was it more of a blind faith that excluded judgements and was more of just accepting the God that your friends and family had chosen for you?

Regards
DL

Pretty much blind faith, as I had been born into the religion, so actually thinking about the reason behind the actions didn't really occur until high-school, whereby I made friends with many atheists who pointed out that Satan seems like a really nice guy when you view everything from his perspective, and that when you actually read about the Christian heaven, it's just praising the Lord for all eternity, which I (and Huck Finn) didn't really see as all that fun.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 7:00:14 PM
: At 11/20/2013 6:50:30 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

If you have not judged the God you follow, how do you know that he is worthy of his title and not more of a Satan type than a God type?

Regards
DL
I bust religious Cults!

ALL Supernatural gods are 100% human fabrication!

I was merely pointing out that according to so called xtians their own books condemn them for judging others!

As far as them ' Judging their god(s) ' well their own Story book commands they don't judge anything nor anyone!

From the perspective of them asking their god to answer their prayers (e.g. it would be correct to condemn their god(s) as impotent & a failure!)

&

Prayers are the actions of a disbelieving group or individuals that plead and test their god(s) abilities out to make them/it reverse or undo what they/it was supposed to have got right the first time and every time, but obviously didn't, and failed, and now its disbelieving community want it to do a better job next time. LOL!
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 7:12:58 PM
At 11/20/2013 6:57:49 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 11/20/2013 6:47:52 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Pretty much blind faith, as I had been born into the religion, so actually thinking about the reason behind the actions didn't really occur until high-school, whereby I made friends with many atheists who pointed out that Satan seems like a really nice guy when you view everything from his perspective, and that when you actually read about the Christian heaven, it's just praising the Lord for all eternity, which I (and Huck Finn) didn't really see as all that fun.

Thanks for the honesty. You are not good Christian material because of it.

I agree with you on the boredom of Christian heaven. Perhaps that is why Mohamed decided on the 70 virgins he has cursed Muslims to in their heaven.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 7:17:31 PM
At 11/20/2013 7:00:14 PM, Composer wrote:
: At 11/20/2013 6:50:30 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards
DL
I bust religious Cults!

ALL Supernatural gods are 100% human fabrication!

I was merely pointing out that according to so called xtians their own books condemn them for judging others!

As far as them ' Judging their god(s) ' well their own Story book commands they don't judge anything nor anyone!

From the perspective of them asking their god to answer their prayers (e.g. it would be correct to condemn their god(s) as impotent & a failure!)

&

Prayers are the actions of a disbelieving group or individuals that plead and test their god(s) abilities out to make them/it reverse or undo what they/it was supposed to have got right the first time and every time, but obviously didn't, and failed, and now its disbelieving community want it to do a better job next time. LOL!

I had thought that I recalled you on the sane side and not the believer side but did not trust my memory.

True that they are to not to judge but they do so constantly. I have been told to turn or burn quite often.

The bible does tell them to test all things though and I read that as it telling us all to judge all things.

That is my preference.

Regards
DL