Jump to topic:

Where is God?

muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 6:52:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
People seem to have different answers to this question. Some say the question itself is flawed. Others say that God is on a throne in another realm. Some say God is in our hearts. There are people who say God is everywhere. People who disagree with this claim ask: if God is everywhere, is he/she/it also in faecal matter?
What is your opinion? Where is God?
Personally, I am not certain that any god exists in the first place.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 7:00:57 PM
At 11/21/2013 6:52:44 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
People seem to have different answers to this question. Some say the question itself is flawed. Others say that God is on a throne in another realm. Some say God is in our hearts. There are people who say God is everywhere. People who disagree with this claim ask: if God is everywhere, is he/she/it also in faecal matter?
That's probably true, hence the expression ' holy-s*it ' comes from!

100% human fabrication currently still literally existing only in the imaginations & Story books of some!

ALL god(s) are currently still merely a human concept!

I would love to hear WHY you decided to leave Islam?

IF you don't want to speak openly here I would like to hear via PM for my records?
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 7:12:03 PM
At 11/21/2013 7:00:57 PM, Composer wrote:

100% human fabrication currently still literally existing only in the imaginations & Story books of some!

IF you don't want to speak openly here I would like to hear via PM for my records?

Hello composer, I actually answered your question a few weeks ago. I can speak about this openly on-line, but very few people know about my apostasy in my personal life. Here is my response:
"I was never fully convinced that God (as the Quran seemed to describe it) existed. I guess some could argue that I was never a Muslim. But I used to pray five times a day, fast in ramadan, even spend 2.5% of my annual savings on charity. I used to pray as though God was listening.

In my late 20s, the problem of evil and suffering, the eternal nature of hell, and Muhammad's violent and misogynistic personality became too much for me to handle. I was tired of making excuses for a God with such a horrible plan and such horrible instructions for his creatures. So finally, I decided to no longer consider myself Muslim."
I used to lie to myself whenever I had doubts about the existence of God. Mental gymnastics as they say. Almost 3 decades of mental gymnastics was too much for me.

I am still trying to discover who I am and what I believe. I am still open to being proven wrong as always.
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 7:14:09 PM
You question illustrates why the question of God is essentially meaningless.

God seems to be so vague, it could mean any old thing.
One person even said to me that God was..."like, you know, this force that holds everything together"

Okay, sure....I believe there is probably some sort of force that holds everything together. I now accept God.
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 7:43:43 PM

I think it's an interesting question, and it's a shame it can't be studied seriously, but as is often the case with questions like this it is obviously meant at least in part as bait for another mindless argument on the feasibility (or gullibility) of believing in God.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 8:48:21 PM
At 11/21/2013 7:12:03 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 11/21/2013 7:00:57 PM, Composer wrote:

Hello composer, I actually answered your question a few weeks ago. I can speak about this openly on-line, but very few people know about my apostasy in my personal life. Here is my response:
"I was never fully convinced that God (as the Quran seemed to describe it) existed. I guess some could argue that I was never a Muslim. But I used to pray five times a day, fast in ramadan, even spend 2.5% of my annual savings on charity. I used to pray as though God was listening.

In my late 20s, the problem of evil and suffering, the eternal nature of hell, and Muhammad's violent and misogynistic personality became too much for me to handle. I was tired of making excuses for a God with such a horrible plan and such horrible instructions for his creatures. So finally, I decided to no longer consider myself Muslim."
I used to lie to myself whenever I had doubts about the existence of God. Mental gymnastics as they say. Almost 3 decades of mental gymnastics was too much for me.

I am still trying to discover who I am and what I believe. I am still open to being proven wrong as always.
Many thanks for that!

I suggest you just live life each day and allow these various god(s) to remain in the figment of some others imaginations & their various Story books of propaganda where they ALL dwell!
21st_Century_Occultist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 11:51:53 PM

Honestly I think it is ridiculous to say that there is even a possibility that God(s) do not exist. Whether they exist objectively or not, the very idea of deities does exist and therefore, in some sense deities do exist. That is inarguable. We have seen the massive effect these deities have had on humanity. For me, I would say that God is in the human mind, that is for absolute certain. However, I do think it may be possible that "something is out there", though it is obviously very foreign and distant, not even worth being concerned about.
The Method of Science, the Aim of Religion
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 1:01:30 PM

Firstly understand that God has the ability to emanate from himself the whole of existence and also He has the ability to manifest into innumerable objects, Then learn what plenary portions are. And you will understand everything.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 1:04:00 PM
God is an abstract object, you might as well say "where are numbers". They exist as part of the entire Universe and are represented in everything.

God is present in everything in the same way, only he possesses causal properties.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 8:25:59 PM
GOD / SATAN AND ANGELS . . . . Someone has said that the most important thing about you is what comes to your mind when you think about God . . . It"s true .. What you believe about God has serious .. long-term impact on how you live .. every thought .. word .. action .. and attitude is ultimately a reflection of your beliefs .. right or wrong .. about God and His character . . With so much at stake .. there"s really no more important pursuit than sorting out reality from myth and knowing God for who He really is . . . John MacArthur takes you to the Bible for an accurate .. in-depth portrait of God Himself .. as well as the other powerful inhabitants of the supernatural realm .. Satan .. demons .. and God"s invisible army of holy angels http://dadmansabode.com... .. enjoy
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn