Jump to topic:

Faith Illness

Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 12:23:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Religiously equating religiosity with mental illness IS mentally ill. Mentally ill don't have predictably repetitive delusions. Those who share the same faith have doctrines. Schizophrenics are random. It's called organized religion for a reason.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 8:27:41 AM
At 11/24/2013 12:23:39 AM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Religiously equating religiosity with mental illness IS mentally ill. Mentally ill don't have predictably repetitive delusions. Those who share the same faith have doctrines. Schizophrenics are random. It's called organized religion for a reason.

Instead of starting multiple forum threads with randomness.Why don"t you instead ask atheists for real answers about what they believe and try not to make up answers that make no sense.

In other words,grow up.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:56:26 AM
Quit avoiding it. Man up if you can't.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 1:13:42 PM

"Mentally ill don't have predictably repetitive delusions."

Yes they do. Many people that claim to have been abducted by Aliens claim to have been abducted multiple times, and it is a big part of their life.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 1:41:31 PM
I suppose you haven't heard of mass hysteria.

"Mass hysteria " other names include collective hysteria, group hysteria, or collective obsessional behavior " in sociology and psychology refers to collective delusions of threats to society that spread rapidly through rumors and fear.[1] In medicine the term is used to describe the spontaneous manifestation of the same or similar hysterical physical symptoms by more than one person."
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:06:56 PM
Mass hysteria of a billion Christians? Both ambitious and unrealistic.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:37:02 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:06:56 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Mass hysteria of a billion Christians? Both ambitious and unrealistic.

What about all the muslisms? You think they are all hysterical.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:10:40 PM
Misguided faith. Since when did being wrong always mean you're crazy?
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 4:26:41 PM

Believing in something that you have no evidence for is irrational. That alone is not a mental illness. Believing that you can talk to said invisible being is a mental illness. You believe you are talking to an invisible person. The fact that this is organized just means there are a lot of mentally ill people.

Of course this is not physical illnesses. These people just display similar symptoms to those who have mental illnesses.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:44:26 PM

Why are you right? I gather you are a Scientologist, I would have to ask you why are Christians wrong. Or Muslims. Or Raelians. Or Mormons. Or Jehovahs Witnesses,or need I carry on. Do all these groups share the same faith of the one true god? Or are all these repetitive delusions exactly that, delusions. Influenced by brain chemistry that is getting an overdose of (endorphins) or other hormones? Are people dehydrated during Ramadan? So many questions to answer delusion with, yet you have no facts to bring to the game.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:47:52 PM
At 11/24/2013 5:44:26 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

Why are you right? I gather you are a Scientologist, I would have to ask you why are Christians wrong. Or Muslims. Or Raelians. Or Mormons. Or Jehovahs Witnesses,or need I carry on. Do all these groups share the same faith of the one true god? Or are all these repetitive delusions exactly that, delusions. Influenced by brain chemistry that is getting an overdose of (endorphins) or other hormones? Are people dehydrated during Ramadan? So many questions to answer delusion with, yet you have no facts to bring to the game.-------
-------------------------
Not a scientologist. Your credibility just went out the window. That's a fact.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:58:43 PM
At 11/24/2013 5:47:52 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
At 11/24/2013 5:44:26 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

Why are you right? I gather you are a Scientologist, I would have to ask you why are Christians wrong. Or Muslims. Or Raelians. Or Mormons. Or Jehovahs Witnesses,or need I carry on. Do all these groups share the same faith of the one true god? Or are all these repetitive delusions exactly that, delusions. Influenced by brain chemistry that is getting an overdose of (endorphins) or other hormones? Are people dehydrated during Ramadan? So many questions to answer delusion with, yet you have no facts to bring to the game.-------
-------------------------
Not a scientologist. Your credibility just went out the window. That's a fact.

Hmm do you understand ridicule. You come here to ridicule others, so I know you do.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 6:05:01 PM
That was you ridiculing? Dude, here's a tip: don't change the subject. It reveals avoidant weakness.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 8:06:32 PM

You stated "Mentally ill don't have predictably repetitive delusions."
What about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. This is classified as a mental illness.

As such you argument fails.
Anything else that you need to say?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 8:11:23 PM
Change your screen name to fvcking joke. There's a good girl.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:23:37 PM
How about I report your misogynism just for kicks and cackles?
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:36:30 PM
At 11/24/2013 9:23:37 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:

He didn't say anything about you being a woman as a bad thing. He simply stated that you were a girl, and he happened to be insulting you. He didn't insult you as a woman. If I said the same thing, but said "that's a good boy" would that be misandry? No.
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:37:19 PM
At 11/24/2013 9:36:30 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

He didn't say anything about you being a woman as a bad thing. He simply stated that you were a girl, and he happened to be insulting you. He didn't insult you as a woman. If I said the same thing, but said "that's a good boy" would that be misandry? No.

You continue to act like you are insulted and others are committing cop-outs, when we rarely are. Stop acting like your oppressed.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:45:01 PM

------------
Actually, it's condescending. The nuance is there but since you're blind to it, you're hopeless. As for feeling oppressed, I'm not. Atheist arrogance; typical.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:47:26 PM
At 11/24/2013 9:45:01 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:

------------
Actually, it's condescending. The nuance is there but since you're blind to it, you're hopeless. As for feeling oppressed, I'm not. Atheist arrogance; typical.

He was being condescending to you, but he was not being misogynist. He was not making fun of you for being a girl, or insulting girls. He insulted you, then stated you were a girl.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:52:34 PM
Too bad adding profanity confirms it. Unless you feel comfortable saying that to your girlfriend/wife with a cuss word involved. I dare you, semantic, legalistic prick.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 10:25:41 PM
At 11/24/2013 9:52:34 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Too bad adding profanity confirms it. Unless you feel comfortable saying that to your girlfriend/wife with a cuss word involved. I dare you, semantic, legalistic prick.

Anyone who noticed how this person never comments directly to posts, but just says inciting things about people in separate posts. Guess when you have been banned before you learn your tricks.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 10:44:52 PM
I haven't been banned. Your speculation amuses me. Inaccurate, but amusing.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 10:49:07 PM
At 11/24/2013 10:44:52 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
I haven't been banned. Your speculation amuses me. Inaccurate, but amusing.

BTW, when will you respond to this.
Posted: 2 hours ago

You stated "Mentally ill don't have predictably repetitive delusions."
What about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. This is classified as a mental illness.

As such you argument fails.
Anything else that you need to say?
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 10:55:49 PM
Oh no! I was so focused on schizophrenia-faith comparisons, I overlooked other types of disorders. At least I have the humility to concede.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 11:11:54 PM
At 11/24/2013 10:55:49 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Oh no! I was so focused on schizophrenia-faith comparisons, I overlooked other types of disorders. At least I have the humility to concede.

Thanks you for admitting defeat, I always appreciate it.

BTW why do you use the schizophrenia comparison after all it is a pretty rare disorder. Only affecting about 1.1% of the population.