Jump to topic:

Atheist Internet Heaven

Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 12:25:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
How is atheists banning trolls not hypocritical towards their objection to hell? It's a microcosm. The potency is proportional to the banner. Atheists are impotent.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 8:20:40 AM
At 11/24/2013 12:25:38 AM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
How is atheists banning trolls not hypocritical towards their objection to hell? It's a microcosm. The potency is proportional to the banner. Atheists are impotent.

I would like you to elaborate a bit as this makes no sense, after all atheists don"t believe in hell. The objections lie instead with the idea of hell taught by religions as a mechanism to make people do what they want.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 9:58:36 AM
Your elaboration is pathetically avoidant and doesn't refute your hypocrisy.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 11:07:37 AM

That is actually a quite interesting idea. I'd object to both hell and banning people in many cases, for in a sense the reasons you're getting at here. Also atheism. It's all negative reinforcement to change others behaviour.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:27:42 PM
Did you understand the elaborating disclaimer on the comparison? It predicted your sarcasm by specifying how weak the atheist end of the juxtaposition is.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:28:47 PM
I eat potatoes because the fire is lying to the burrowing.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 4:40:44 PM

I was given two definitions for impotent. I will assume that this means the latter, which is the inability to have sex.

The extrapolation is not a fair one. For the internet situation, you have the person being judged/banee, the banner/judge and the site/heaven. In this situation, all parties agree that the site, the judge, and the banee all exist. However, when you believe that there is nothing beyond this level of existence, and the judge does not exist, then it is perfectly rational to not believe in hell.

And if I misinterpreted this and you meant about whether the judgment is unfair, not whether it exists, I will respond to this as well.

You may lose your account on the site, but you can get a new account, and if you behave well, you can remain on the site. You can even let people know that it's you from your previous account. Hell is eternal. And there are many other sites in which to go on. And how bad is getting kicked off of a site really? It's no where near as bad as being tortured eternally. The two are not comparable.

And, if a site had multiple conflicting sets of rules (like the multiple conflicting rules for various religions) and no way of knowing which to follow, wouldn't it be unfair to be kicked off the site for following the wrong set of rules? And even if you followed none of the rules, you could still get a new account, and most sites give fair warnings. This way, you can change and remain on the site.

So no, it is not hypocritical at all.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 4:42:28 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:27:42 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Did you understand the elaborating disclaimer on the comparison? It predicted your sarcasm by specifying how weak the atheist end of the juxtaposition is.

Does that answer your question Mr.-Doesn't-understand-the-atheist-position?
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 4:48:32 PM
Oh, look at the poor, misunderstood atheist. If only the atheist weren't so self-important, self-centered, self-righteous, self-deifying, self-affirming, etc.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 4:52:43 PM
Your assumption on impotence is inaccurate. Let me be direct: powerless. Freedom of religion stands in your way. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Guess which you are...
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:08:15 PM
At 11/24/2013 4:48:32 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Oh, look at the poor, misunderstood atheist. If only the atheist weren't so self-important, self-centered, self-righteous, self-deifying, self-affirming, etc.

If you aren't afraid, then why haven't you responded to my main post?
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:11:58 PM
At 11/24/2013 4:40:44 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I was given two definitions for impotent. I will assume that this means the latter, which is the inability to have sex.

The extrapolation is not a fair one. For the internet situation, you have the person being judged/banee, the banner/judge and the site/heaven. In this situation, all parties agree that the site, the judge, and the banee all exist. However, when you believe that there is nothing beyond this level of existence, and the judge does not exist, then it is perfectly rational to not believe in hell.

And if I misinterpreted this and you meant about whether the judgment is unfair, not whether it exists, I will respond to this as well.

You may lose your account on the site, but you can get a new account, and if you behave well, you can remain on the site. You can even let people know that it's you from your previous account. Hell is eternal. And there are many other sites in which to go on. And how bad is getting kicked off of a site really? It's no where near as bad as being tortured eternally. The two are not comparable.

And, if a site had multiple conflicting sets of rules (like the multiple conflicting rules for various religions) and no way of knowing which to follow, wouldn't it be unfair to be kicked off the site for following the wrong set of rules? And even if you followed none of the rules, you could still get a new account, and most sites give fair warnings. This way, you can change and remain on the site.

So no, it is not hypocritical at all.

---------------
Getting a new account sounds like being born again. :)
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:17:00 PM
Getting a new account sounds like being born again. :)

Yes, but after dying you have no opportunity to try again. Or to reform. You receive no warnings in this life, or at least I have never heard one that wasn't just a fear tactic or appeal to emotions. I have never heard a true warning.

And there are hundreds of religions out there. How do you know which set of rules to follow? Is it fair to judge someone if they follow the wrong set of rules, knowing about all of the sets of rules?
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:23:30 PM
The only way to bypass all that is perfection; less than that and you've been compromised. Being perfect, you wouldn't have to worry about the wrong rules. Only Christianity is that generous. You may not take the warnings seriously but you'll have no excuse when those who did heed the warnings are rewarded for longshot miraculous faithfulness.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:26:12 PM
At 11/24/2013 5:23:30 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
The only way to bypass all that is perfection; less than that and you've been compromised. Being perfect, you wouldn't have to worry about the wrong rules. Only Christianity is that generous. You may not take the warnings seriously but you'll have no excuse when those who did heed the warnings are rewarded for longshot miraculous faithfulness.

So, any sin. Any sin. Even as a toddler telling your mom you didn't take the cookie once is enough to go to hell if you never repent. That's the same as telling people that they will go to hell if they aren't a Christian. I fail to see any distinct difference.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:49:57 PM

Everyone knows the only true way to god is through Breathaerianism.

By the way why dont you actually use logic in your arguments I am honestly wondering. Seems you just dismiss anything anyone has to say to you, by saying no god said so. What kind of argument is that. Would you accept my answer of "Tom Cruise said so"?
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 5:55:08 PM
At 11/24/2013 5:26:12 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

So, any sin. Any sin. Even as a toddler telling your mom you didn't take the cookie once is enough to go to hell if you never repent. That's the same as telling people that they will go to hell if they aren't a Christian. I fail to see any distinct difference.
---------------
Nobody sins just once; it snowballs. Otherwise, God would be caught being unfair, nitpicky and arbitrary.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 6:08:21 PM
At 11/24/2013 5:55:08 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
At 11/24/2013 5:26:12 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

---------------
Nobody sins just once; it snowballs. Otherwise, God would be caught being unfair, nitpicky and arbitrary.

Name anyone who is completely without sin. Can you? If god created us, than he gave us a sinful nature, then tells us you must worship him or he will damn you for having that nature.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 6:10:48 PM
please take your rant somewhere else, and before you even mention it, i am not an atheist
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 6:16:36 PM

We do call god (the fictitious character) as being unfair, nitpicky, and especially arbitrary.

I think Vouldemort is also a a**hole just like god. Not because he exists, but because the fictitious character displays the qualities of an a**hole.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 6:21:07 PM
At 11/24/2013 6:16:36 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

We do call god (the fictitious character) as being unfair, nitpicky, and especially arbitrary.

I think Vouldemort is also a a**hole just like god. Not because he exists, but because the fictitious character displays the qualities of an a**hole.

------------
So what? You're an atheist, so your bias prevents expertise or credible opinions on God. Unless you agree with him on something; that always says something when your enemy supports you.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 6:35:03 PM
At 11/24/2013 6:21:07 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
At 11/24/2013 6:16:36 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

------------
So what? You're an atheist, so your bias prevents expertise or credible opinions on God. Unless you agree with him on something; that always says something when your enemy supports you.

Most atheists were religious at one point, and we believed the things you believed. I was a ardent Jew a couple years ago. I saw the light of rationality and reason, but I believed all of this stuff a while ago. (minus Jebus)
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 5:01:10 PM
At 11/24/2013 4:52:43 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Your assumption on impotence is inaccurate. Let me be direct: powerless. Freedom of religion stands in your way. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Guess which you are...

You realize that you are quoting Spock.

Who is an atheist.

And tried to kill God.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 5:44:41 PM
Name anyone who is completely without sin. Can you? If god created us, than he gave us a sinful nature, then tells us you must worship him or he will damn you for having that nature.

I'm reposting this because you avoided, or forgot, to answer this.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 5:59:42 PM
At 11/25/2013 5:44:41 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

---------
If Jesus isn't the sinless one, then you win. How do you know for sure there's only one way to get a sinful nature? Perversion is the alternative to creation.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 6:01:21 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:28:47 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
I eat potatoes because the fire is lying to the burrowing.

do you potato too?
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 6:13:01 PM
At 11/25/2013 5:59:42 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:

---------
If Jesus isn't the sinless one, then you win. How do you know for sure there's only one way to get a sinful nature? Perversion is the alternative to creation.

So what if I don't think Jesus exists in any sense of the word. There is no contemporary evidence for him, most of the facts surrounding him are fabricated or modified to fit the story, even the ones which are recorded as historical events or people.

Why does perversion have to be the alternative to creation? If I wasn't created by an all knowing being, then I know that I have a duty to make this life the best experience for all people, because I know this is the only one that me and others get.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 6:19:16 PM
At 11/25/2013 6:13:01 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/25/2013 5:59:42 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:

---------

So what if I don't think Jesus exists in any sense of the word. There is no contemporary evidence for him, most of the facts surrounding him are fabricated or modified to fit the story, even the ones which are recorded as historical events or people.

Why does perversion have to be the alternative to creation? If I wasn't created by an all knowing being, then I know that I have a duty to make this life the best experience for all people, because I know this is the only one that me and others get.

Also if I may interject, even if Jesus was a real person. It does not mean he was a god and creator.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 6:24:16 PM
How stingy of you. If it were up to you, he'd have to prove himself again at your demands. But God doesn't negotiate with atheists.