Jump to topic:

Biggest Theist Troll?

iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 12:23:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am of the honest opinion that there are a lot of theist trolls on these forum boards, as I don't believe someone can continue to live in so much denial when faced with so many facts. Either these guys are troll or they are Ray Confort and Kirk Cameron in disguise.

Who is you biggest Theist Troll out there?

I nominate Human_Joke65 and bornofgod.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 1:17:07 AM
At 11/27/2013 12:23:45 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
I am of the honest opinion that there are a lot of theist trolls on these forum boards, as I don't believe someone can continue to live in so much denial when faced with so many facts. Either these guys are troll or they are Ray Confort and Kirk Cameron in disguise.

I was gonna go with bornofgod
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 1:18:33 AM

All due respect, but as someone who tries very hard to see all the points from both sides, don't you realize that in the long-run you are only hurting your own cause by taking on such accusatory and judgmental tones? I think that in debate especially we must always remember the importance of freedom of speech, no matter how much we disagree with, or even despise, the arguments being set forth. If you try to "regulate" whose thoughts are acceptable and whose aren't then you are opening-up a big can of worms. What would come next; setting-up some regulatory body to decide which opinions fit a certain criteria? This would virtually be guaranteed to eventually become an agenda, and DDO would become like the state-controlled medias of certain totalitarian States. Like it or not, the price of having the gift of free speech is extending that same courtesy to everyone else. :)
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 1:26:37 AM
At 11/27/2013 1:18:33 AM, Idealist wrote:

All due respect, but as someone who tries very hard to see all the points from both sides, don't you realize that in the long-run you are only hurting your own cause by taking on such accusatory and judgmental tones? I think that in debate especially we must always remember the importance of freedom of speech, no matter how much we disagree with, or even despise, the arguments being set forth. If you try to "regulate" whose thoughts are acceptable and whose aren't then you are opening-up a big can of worms. What would come next; setting-up some regulatory body to decide which opinions fit a certain criteria? This would virtually be guaranteed to eventually become an agenda, and DDO would become like the state-controlled medias of certain totalitarian States. Like it or not, the price of having the gift of free speech is extending that same courtesy to everyone else. :)

Oh I agree with you. But at some point you have to stop and call something what it is. I mean if you explain something like 1+1 = 2, and the person then agrees with you and then in the next sentence says 1+1 = 3. You can only jump through this hoop 3 or 4 times, before you should just say what it is.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 1:47:13 AM

Are you talking about a specific debate, or the question posed in the OP?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 3:36:02 AM

I nominate Human_Joke65 and

What is the point of your post other than to rant, bully and/or harass. Have these two individuals got under your skin so much, you feel compelled to rally support in your defense. Why are you grinding an ax toward individuals who don't believe as you.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 3:51:04 AM
At 11/27/2013 3:36:02 AM, SemperVI wrote:

What is the point of your post other than to rant, bully and/or harass. Have these two individuals got under your skin so much, you feel compelled to rally support in your defense. Why are you grinding an ax toward individuals who don't believe as you.

Pointing out to them the exact point you have brought up here.
"What is the point of your post other than to rant, bully and/or harass. "

Also, I don't want people to come to my defense I never asked for that.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 4:23:39 AM
At 11/27/2013 3:51:04 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

I am not familiar with what Ray says, but I have read some of what bornofgod says. I have not seen where he or she was bullying, harassing or ranting. Likewise, I dont see a troll. Only an individual who truly believes in what they are writing and they write about it with passion and conviction. I am not saying it has not occurred, I just have not seen it.

Your post just sounded a bit like a villager yelling, grab your pitchfork, an olger has been spotted in the forest.

Look, truth is I am new here. I heard from a few coworkers this was a decent place to come, it was a place were people were respectful of each others ideas. Something rare these days. For the most part, this is what I have seen. I spoke my peace, not in defense of these two people I don't even know, but in defense of people feeling free to express and share their ideas without fear of being ridiculed, publicly shamed or being cast aside.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 4:29:02 AM
At 11/27/2013 4:23:39 AM, SemperVI wrote:

I am not familiar with what Ray says, but I have read some of what bornofgod says. I have not seen where he or she was bullying, harassing or ranting. Likewise, I dont see a troll. Only an individual who truly believes in what they are writing and they write about it with passion and conviction. I am not saying it has not occurred, I just have not seen it.

Your post just sounded a bit like a villager yelling, grab your pitchfork, an olger has been spotted in the forest.

Look, truth is I am new here. I heard from a few coworkers this was a decent place to come, it was a place were people were respectful of each others ideas. Something rare these days. For the most part, this is what I have seen. I spoke my peace, not in defense of these two people I don't even know, but in defense of people feeling free to express and share their ideas without fear of being ridiculed, publicly shamed or being cast aside.

No offence taken,and you are free to say whatever you want.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 4:38:19 AM
At 11/27/2013 4:29:02 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 11/27/2013 4:23:39 AM, SemperVI wrote:

No offence taken,and you are free to say whatever you want.

I am glad you were not offended, nor should you be. I have read some of your recent posts on other threads. You seem to be a rationale person who certainly believes the same things I have indicated above as indicated here.

http://www.debate.org...

Take care, look forward to exchanging ideas with you in the future.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 9:30:56 AM

I don't know. I think FruityTree should be considered.
I vote for Human_Joke65.
My guess is Kirk Cameron is Human_Joke65. Ray Comfort at least can act smart.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 9:34:19 AM
At 11/27/2013 9:30:56 AM, Lordgrae wrote:

I vote for Human_Joke65.

And I actually don't mind Fruitytree and bornofgod. It's really just Human_Joke65 who gets annoying. I did a really long post in response to him insulting atheists. He claimed we were deliberately ignoring arguments. I told him if he thinks I ignored an argument, to repost it, and to quote me so it would be in my notifications. His entire response was "eh."
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 9:40:52 AM

Troll is a word that causes men fear, just like gnostic writings cause fear in the minds of Christians. As long as you keep fearing something, you will never learn.

Is there really a "boogie man" in the woods? You will not find out unless you walk into the woods and get the knowledge required to calm your fears.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 9:48:19 AM

The Vatican was used to set new laws for their religious people to conform to. This is why most Christians live in fear of knowledge other than what the Vatican and Protestant churches gave to them. Fear is what keeps man from the hidden knowledge of our Creator that was spoken through the prophets and saints. They would rather learn about all the religious stories that came from Babylon and the works that came from the beast such as water baptism, communion, triune gods, bodily resurrections, building churches, etc.

There is no freedom of speech in the U.S. today. Religious and corporate entities have made sure that only their expressions are adopted and made laws of the land. Try stand in front of a corporate store or church building today and speak the Truth. You will find many enemies there.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 5:04:32 PM
At 11/27/2013 1:47:13 AM, annanicole wrote:

Are you talking about a specific debate, or the question posed in the OP?

No specific debate. Just replying to the question asked. :)
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 5:11:01 PM
At 11/27/2013 9:48:19 AM, bornofgod wrote:

The Vatican was used to set new laws for their religious people to conform to. This is why most Christians live in fear of knowledge other than what the Vatican and Protestant churches gave to them. Fear is what keeps man from the hidden knowledge of our Creator that was spoken through the prophets and saints. They would rather learn about all the religious stories that came from Babylon and the works that came from the beast such as water baptism, communion, triune gods, bodily resurrections, building churches, etc.

There is no freedom of speech in the U.S. today. Religious and corporate entities have made sure that only their expressions are adopted and made laws of the land. Try stand in front of a corporate store or church building today and speak the Truth. You will find many enemies there.

Maybe you have a point here and maybe you only think you do. All I know is that right now I am free to respond to what you said in any way I like, within reason, as you had the right to respond to me, and did so. No one can say that freedom of expression is dead in the USA. Just last week I saw an elderly black man place a Confederate flag in front of a US Post Office. I'm not sure what point he was trying to make, but no one bothered him while I was there.
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 7:13:48 PM
At 11/27/2013 9:34:19 AM, Lordgrae wrote:

I vote for Human_Joke65.

And I actually don't mind Fruitytree and bornofgod. It's really just Human_Joke65 who gets annoying. I did a really long post in response to him insulting atheists. He claimed we were deliberately ignoring arguments. I told him if he thinks I ignored an argument, to repost it, and to quote me so it would be in my notifications. His entire response was "eh."

--------------
I'm honored. But I resent the insults to my intelligence; I resent it, I say! More feedback, constructive criticism, and heck, even an amateur psych profile.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 7:19:23 PM
At 11/27/2013 7:13:48 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:

I vote for Human_Joke65.

--------------
I'm honored. But I resent the insults to my intelligence; I resent it, I say! More feedback, constructive criticism, and heck, even an amateur psych profile.

You seem to try to win the arguments by discrediting your enemy rather than your arguments. That's really it.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 7:19:45 PM
Sorry. Their argument's.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 7:36:04 PM
At 11/27/2013 7:13:48 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:

I vote for Human_Joke65.

--------------

Brilliant. I am glad you appreciated it. :)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 9:02:11 AM
At 11/27/2013 5:11:01 PM, Idealist wrote:

Maybe you have a point here and maybe you only think you do. All I know is that right now I am free to respond to what you said in any way I like, within reason, as you had the right to respond to me, and did so. No one can say that freedom of expression is dead in the USA. Just last week I saw an elderly black man place a Confederate flag in front of a US Post Office. I'm not sure what point he was trying to make, but no one bothered him while I was there.

Go back there to see if that Confederate flag is still there.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 9:55:26 AM
bornofgod, dadman, composer... too many to count. Main reason I tend to avoid the religion forum.

thank you for your nomination .. now let's all go somewhere where we can all learn a thing or two

http://dadmansabode.com...

Thank you God for every heart beat and every breath
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 10:00:21 AM
too many to count. Main reason I tend to avoid the religion forum .

and yet here you are :)
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 10:25:09 AM
At 11/28/2013 9:06:05 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
bornofgod, dadman, composer... too many to count. Main reason I tend to avoid the religion forum.

I'm not even allowed to stand on some Christian church property here in Campbell, CA, where I preach the true gospel. Christians hate our Creator.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 11:24:38 AM
I'm not even allowed to stand on some Christian church property .

indeed .. you and your un-biblical message should be contained within your own parameter .. please draw your shades and lock your doors

http://dadmansabode.com...

maybe take some advice from Jude
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 12:38:14 PM
At 11/27/2013 5:09:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
bornofgod

/thread

Ha, And there I was thinking that you would have said me. But C'mon admit it, I am a close second, Aren't I,? aren't I.? Oh please tell me I am.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 7:39:57 PM
At 11/28/2013 9:02:11 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/27/2013 5:11:01 PM, Idealist wrote:

Go back there to see if that Confederate flag is still there.

Of course it's not. But it was removed by the same person who placed it there, according to the postal workers. They thought it was funny. Certainly nobody tried to punish the man, and definitely not to physically harm him. He's actually a common sight around town; a Vietnam veteran known for his openness of expression.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 9:04:43 AM
At 11/28/2013 9:06:05 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

LMAO. Composer isn't a troll. To the contrary, he often supplies some accurate yet hard-to-find info in his posts. His manner of speech (e.g., "vindicated savior, laying in tatters at my feet") might sorta look that way, but no, I've never seen Composer wholly avoid questions. To boot, Composer doesn't qualify for this thread cuz he's not a theist.