Jump to topic:

God is a comic book geek.

Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 5:48:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The public relations campaign of the church should be Marvel movies. Nothing like fake gods to vouch for allegedly fake gods through similar godlike abilities and altruistic intentions. If God were to resume miracles the current familiarity would be a comfortable transition. As well, only an omnipotent God could distribute every major power that matters: healing factors, danger precognition, quintessential super strength, flight, speed, time travel, teleportation. The choices seem arbitrary. All it takes is one measly miracle to silence sheepish atheists.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 8:52:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/28/2013 5:48:16 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
The public relations campaign of the church should be Marvel movies. Nothing like fake gods to vouch for allegedly fake gods through similar godlike abilities and altruistic intentions. If God were to resume miracles the current familiarity would be a comfortable transition. As well, only an omnipotent God could distribute every major power that matters: healing factors, danger precognition, quintessential super strength, flight, speed, time travel, teleportation. The choices seem arbitrary. All it takes is one measly miracle to silence sheepish atheists.

It's funny. All throughout history we had massive amounts of massive miracles. Entire seas being parted, the earth being flooded. Am I the only one that finds it funny that the only miracles we have today are ones that cannot be captured by camera? (as in children seeing visions of the virgin)

And I am not sheepish at all. I chose my beliefs based on what made sense to me. I chose based on evidence and facts. Most atheists are not set in their beliefs. Prominent atheists have often said that if presented with true, irrefutable miracles or evidence, that they would become, at the very least, deist.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved