Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If There Is One God, Why So Many Religions?

Kassandra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 8:07:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Throughout recorded Earth history, humans have worshipped deities. Each group of humans picking a deity or set of deities and a set of stories to go with them, also rituals, a heirarchy of priests, and so on. Inherent in each belief set is the supremacy of that particular belief set over every other. Each required faith and forms of expression of faith, each offering rewards to its adherents and punishments to those who failed to adhere. Conveniently for the priests,most rewards were not due and payable until after death (i.e., life everlasting in a rich and beautiful place of some sort). My question is this: If there is one Truth, why so many different religions--each claiming to be the One and Only True Path to the Gods or God? And why, within each belief system are there so many competing sects--such competition often including enslavement, theft, vandalism, torture and murder in the form of church-sanctioned war?
Kassandra
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 9:21:49 AM
how many ways can you describe a crooked stick

http://dadmansabode.com...

the above link will answer your question
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 10:28:13 AM
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 AM, dadman wrote:

It didn't.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 10:30:39 AM
cry me a river
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 10:57:33 AM
At 11/29/2013 8:07:58 AM, Kassandra wrote:
If there is one Truth, why so many different religions--each claiming to be the One and Only True Path to the Gods or God?

There are many ways to answer this query. I say why there must be one religion if there is one truth or true religion. The term "Truth" is rendering the sensation that there must a bowl which contain other than Truth out of which we are specifying and differentiating the Truth. In other words we are living in the world that has nothing but with a opposite of it. Day with night, good/bad, right/wrong and True, false and so on. If there is a one religion we can't call that uniformity "a religion". A religion is specific, specific to be the truth, to be The religion.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 11:57:06 AM
At 11/29/2013 8:07:58 AM, Kassandra wrote:
Throughout recorded Earth history, humans have worshipped deities. Each group of humans picking a deity or set of deities and a set of stories to go with them, also rituals, a heirarchy of priests, and so on. Inherent in each belief set is the supremacy of that particular belief set over every other. Each required faith and forms of expression of faith, each offering rewards to its adherents and punishments to those who failed to adhere. Conveniently for the priests,most rewards were not due and payable until after death (i.e., life everlasting in a rich and beautiful place of some sort). My question is this: If there is one Truth, why so many different religions--each claiming to be the One and Only True Path to the Gods or God? And why, within each belief system are there so many competing sects--such competition often including enslavement, theft, vandalism, torture and murder in the form of church-sanctioned war?

All religion, things built with human hands, buildings, cities, countries, governments and worldly wisdom came from God's plan called the beast. God had to have a way to teach men how to build things to use as analogies for us saints to understand the invisible Heavenly Kingdom where we were created. God used everything in this first age to help us understand who we are within His mind. Now we know that everything we see ( Earthly Kingdom ) are only illusions that are formed from processed invisible energy ( Heavenly Kingdom ).
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 7:10:06 PM
There always was 1 true religion over time people changed/corrupt/distort/spoil what God releaved so messenger after messenger years after years until God sent the last messenger (islamic view)...
If u eat u excrete it cant be helped
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 4:09:11 AM

Speaking of ' Crooks ' dadman the ideological cowardly crook started his own Forum where he spews his ideological BS incestuously i.e. NO ONE but him is permitted to Post anything as his ideological claims are fundamentally flawed & unambiguously spurious!

LMAO at dadman & his incestuous forum!
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:20:51 AM
Here's a little story to explain it
. 5 blind men lived in a village. One day an elephant comes to town. The 5 blind men decided to go and visit the elephant even though they couldn't see it. The first man went up to elephant and touched it's trunk, so he called out "this elephant is like a long tube." But the second man touched it on the leg, so he said "No it isn't it's like a pillar." The third man touched it on the ear and said "No it's like a fan." The forth man touched it's belly and so said "You're all wrong, it's just like a brick wall." And the final man touched it's tusk so he said "No it's a hard pipe." The 5 men began to argue over what the elephant looked like. Eventually the argument got heated and they began to fight. Then a wise man came over and asked them "Why are you fighting?"
They replied "because none of us can agree on what the elephant looked like." So the wise man told them "You're all right but you're all also wrong. You all have different ideas of what the elephant looked like because you all only felt a small part of it."
I hope this story explained it.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:25:08 AM
At 11/30/2013 8:20:51 AM, srehtiw wrote:
. 5 blind men lived in a village. One day an elephant comes to town. The 5 blind men decided to go and visit the elephant even though they couldn't see it. The first man went up to elephant and touched it's trunk, so he called out "this elephant is like a long tube." But the second man touched it on the leg, so he said "No it isn't it's like a pillar." The third man touched it on the ear and said "No it's like a fan." The forth man touched it's belly and so said "You're all wrong, it's just like a brick wall." And the final man touched it's tusk so he said "No it's a hard pipe." The 5 men began to argue over what the elephant looked like. Eventually the argument got heated and they began to fight. Then a wise man came over and asked them "Why are you fighting?"
They replied "because none of us can agree on what the elephant looked like." So the wise man told them "You're all right but you're all also wrong. You all have different ideas of what the elephant looked like because you all only felt a small part of it."

OMG, I've heard that story before!

Anywho... there are a million and one ways to interpret the Bible, so that is why there are so many Christian/Jewish religions.

As for the others, their cultures found other unique ways of explaining the way nature works by having more than one god, or even more unique still would be like Shintoism, whereby all living things have a soul.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:29:14 AM
At 11/30/2013 8:25:08 AM, themohawkninja wrote:

Anywho... there are a million and one ways to interpret the Bible, so that is why there are so many Christian/Jewish religions.

As for the others, their cultures found other unique ways of explaining the way nature works by having more than one god, or even more unique still would be like Shintoism, whereby all living things have a soul.

Exactly. It's all in the interpretation. To be honest the idea that anyone would be able to comprehend the full extent of god is ludicrous considering how complex god must be.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:38:15 AM
At 11/30/2013 8:29:14 AM, srehtiw wrote:
At 11/30/2013 8:25:08 AM, themohawkninja wrote:

Exactly. It's all in the interpretation. To be honest the idea that anyone would be able to comprehend the full extent of god is ludicrous considering how complex god must be.
Is god complex? How do you know this? What evidence do you present to support this claim?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:41:45 AM
At 11/30/2013 8:38:15 AM, bulproof wrote:

Is god complex? How do you know this? What evidence do you present to support this claim?

Are you seriously asking me why I think an omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent being must be insanely complex?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:54:18 AM
At 11/30/2013 8:41:45 AM, srehtiw wrote:

Are you seriously asking me why I think an omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent being must be insanely complex?
Did you not understand my questions?

Perhaps I should have asked someone else?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:57:58 AM
At 11/30/2013 8:54:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/30/2013 8:41:45 AM, srehtiw wrote:

Did you not understand my questions?

Perhaps I should have asked someone else?

No I think you may have just phrased it poorly.(No offense) Do you literally mean why is god complex or do you mean how do I know god it omniscient, omnipotent and omnipotent. The second seems more likely than the first as the first is absolutely blindingly obvious.
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 12:46:10 PM
At 11/29/2013 7:10:06 PM, Somecrap wrote:
There always was 1 true religion over time people changed/corrupt/distort/spoil what God releaved so messenger after messenger years after years until God sent the last messenger (islamic view)...

That's the truth,god revealed one religion and had sent messengers,some with divine revelation[holy books]which were altered,and changed by the non-believers for their benefit...and this caused many beliefs i.e true belief[belief in the unaltered book] and false believe{believe i the altered book].And according to Islam,Allah send down the last prophet with the book and Allah challenged the world to change the words of god or to write a verse as beautiful as the Qur'an[which was send to Muhammad pbuh].And no one has been able to write a beautiful verse as Qur'an or has succeeded in changing the word upto present.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:18:24 PM

Boy, that's some crap there.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 5:20:42 PM

hey .. you forgot to provide the link http://dadmansabode.com...
Kassandra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 6:44:53 PM
Okay, so basically, the answer is a) there is only one true faith/religion; and b) there is no universal agreement as to what that one true religion is--or should be. and c). Everyone has their own interpretation or their own little club--some even inventing their own individual club with a membership of one. So much for the unifying force of The Word! The elephant story was pretty good, though, I must admit. Thanx for your imput! Good thing I wasn't confused before, otherwise, I surely would be now!
Kassandra
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 7:10:59 PM
At 11/30/2013 6:44:53 PM, Kassandra wrote:
Okay, so basically, the answer is a) there is only one true faith/religion; and b) there is no universal agreement as to what that one true religion is--or should be. and c). Everyone has their own interpretation or their own little club--some even inventing their own individual club with a membership of one. So much for the unifying force of The Word! The elephant story was pretty good, though, I must admit. Thanx for your imput! Good thing I wasn't confused before, otherwise, I surely would be now!

lol its not so confusing every nation god sent a mes,,,

And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e., do not worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth). (Qur'"n 16:36)

to believe in 1 god alone and few commandments so people change it until the last prophet.. according to quran bible of the jews and christains r corrupted so time change new message came.. :@
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 7:12:00 PM
At 11/30/2013 3:18:24 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Boy, that's some crap there.

- :D
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:56:38 PM

That depends on what kind of wood it is and how many crooks there are in it.

Since all sticks are only thoughts of our Creator, you have to describe a thought, first. What is a thought?
Sleevedagger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:04:22 PM
Because human beings are tribal in nature, when one group of people say their God has chosen them, another group will come up with another God and say the same. Then they fight over which tribe is really chosen. Religions are just plagiarisms of each other.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:25:33 PM
At 11/30/2013 9:04:22 PM, Sleevedagger wrote:
Because human beings are tribal in nature, when one group of people say their God has chosen them, another group will come up with another God and say the same. Then they fight over which tribe is really chosen. Religions are just plagiarisms of each other.

God taught men how to build false gods ( buildings ) starting with looking at the stars and connecting the dots to get building shapes such as squares, rectangles, triangles and intersections. God gave them religious stories to describe their false gods and this is where all the different languages came from. All buildings, cities, governments, man's laws, countries, education, etc. of this world came from religion and religious ideas. This is why religion and governments operate together.
Sleevedagger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:47:20 PM
At 11/30/2013 9:25:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

God taught men how to build false gods ( buildings ) starting with looking at the stars and connecting the dots to get building shapes such as squares, rectangles, triangles and intersections. God gave them religious stories to describe their false gods and this is where all the different languages came from. All buildings, cities, governments, man's laws, countries, education, etc. of this world came from religion and religious ideas. This is why religion and governments operate together.

Why would a perfect God need to falsify something?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:36:35 PM
At 11/30/2013 9:47:20 PM, Sleevedagger wrote:

Why do you believe in the Christian gods instead of the one I speak for? Christians have no idea that our Creator planned and created a delusion, which is everything we see in this world. The things they see keeps them from learning about the invisible energy that God created us as. Do you want to learn about the Creator who created energy or remain in the delusion that all Christians are in?
Sleevedagger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:37:45 PM
At 11/30/2013 10:36:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:47:20 PM, Sleevedagger wrote:

Why do you believe in the Christian gods instead of the one I speak for? Christians have no idea that our Creator planned and created a delusion, which is everything we see in this world. The things they see keeps them from learning about the invisible energy that God created us as. Do you want to learn about the Creator who created energy or remain in the delusion that all Christians are in?

I'm not a Christian, You have a personal creation God that isn't part of any religion, and keeps secrets about invisible energy? You claim to have a personal relationship with this being?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 1:34:06 AM
At 11/30/2013 4:09:11 AM, Composer wrote:

Speaking of ' Crooks ' dadman the ideological cowardly crook started his own Forum where he spews his ideological BS incestuously i.e. NO ONE but him is permitted to Post anything as his ideological claims are fundamentally flawed & unambiguously spurious!

Sadly, I can count on one hand the theists on this site who merit a conversation. PGA is fairly knowledgeable, although I didactically oppose his answers - as well as his well-oiled habit of answering a question with half-a-dozen questions. Dadman is just too plain dumb to be taken seriously.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:48:32 AM
At 12/1/2013 1:34:06 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 11/30/2013 4:09:11 AM, Composer wrote:

Sadly, I can count on one hand the theists on this site who merit a conversation. PGA is fairly knowledgeable, although I didactically oppose his answers - as well as his well-oiled habit of answering a question with half-a-dozen questions. Dadman is just too plain dumb to be taken seriously.
Dumb & a Coward!

Cheers!