Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Why atheists attack religion.

Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have been asked many times, on many platforms, and many sections of this site and others, why I spend my time attacking religion. Why should I care what others believe? I really don't care what you believe. If you want to believe that we are reincarnated alien souls, or the earth is ten thousand years old, I really don't give a pile of dog sh*t. However, organized religions have often been detrimental to my beliefs, my country and my world.

It has tried to inject its belief into schools, where I go and where possibly my children will go.

It discriminates against homosexuals, forcing others to follow its laws. It's YOUR religion. YOU have to follow its rules. I don't have to follow its rules. My friends and neighbors and fellow countrymen don't have to follow it's rules. And as someone who is currently questioning his own sexuality, this whole question is ridiculous.

It tries to stifle freedom of speech. Many conservative people in the United States talk about censoring the internet. Specifically, they wish to censor out things such as prominent YouTube Atheists, and pornography. They have a blatant disregard for this nations founding principles that they wish to inject into law.

It causes wars. Now I am not stupid. I know that when you really look at it, most wars are caused by other political and economic factors. However, this is usually only the motivation of those on the top. They mobilize the nation by using religion. Do you think a poor person is going to care about whether the leader of the country is going to get oil from the middle east? No. They have their own problems. When you add god, it gives you the power of the masses.

They stand against women's rights. How can you even argue against this one? The bible is clearly outspoken against women teaching, or being equal to men. Christianity was used to keep women in "their place". In India they continued practices such as Sati for a very long time. In the Middle East.... Do I even have to prove to you that women are being oppressed by Islam?

They convince people to take economic stances that are neither in the interest of their faith, or themselves. The Republicans only take the side of the bible when it comes to social issues. I mean, Jesus supposedly healed the sick (healthcare) fed the poor (food stamps), he admonished the rich and told them to give their money to the poor (redistribution of wealth). Also the Jews were always in favor of literacy and to further learn about the Torah and religious writings (education). Jesus, if he existed and was who he said he was, was a social Conservative (though he would have been considered liberal for the time) and a fiscal Liberal.

And why do people think that it benefits them to get rid of welfare systems, when they are only a couple dollars a year above needing it?

That's all I could think of right now. If I think of more I will post them.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 10:16:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
It discriminates against homosexuals,
I am not religious but I detest the thought of sickos that want to promote men sticking their penis in to a receptacle for excreting s_hit!

This might be a fetish of yours I don't know unless you tell us why? but it is repulsive to us decent folk!

I would have all these bum-punchers and their supporters cast adrift on the high seas and left to their own devices far away from decent folk like moi!
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 10:23:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 10:16:28 PM, Composer wrote:
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
It discriminates against homosexuals,
I am not religious but I detest the thought of sickos that want to promote men sticking their penis in to a receptacle for excreting s_hit!

This might be a fetish of yours I don't know unless you tell us why? but it is repulsive to us decent folk!

I would have all these bum-punchers and their supporters cast adrift on the high seas and left to their own devices far away from decent folk like moi!

The homosexual community is not trying to promote the gay lifestyle. Homosexuality is a hormonal reaction in the womb, combined with a lack of genetic resistance to those certain hormones.

And why does it matter what is repulsive to you? It's repulsive to me that people pray, but I don't think that it should be illegal!

Yes, the decent folk are definitely the ones castigating people for feelings that are not choices and do not harm anyone.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Kassandra
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 12:01:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Religionists have long since abandoned logic for the comfort of having someone else do their thinking for them. Religion shelters and nourishes their petty prejudices and fears. It leads them in the path of self-righteousness for their own sakes, and allows them to focus on getting everlasting life after death, rather on this life--and all the folks they step on to get to those pearly gates. Hint: If they have that fish symbol on their car--Look Out! They've given their hearts to Jesus, they don't care about anything so mundane as keeping their tires off of your person.
Kassandra
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 12:10:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
I have been asked many times, on many platforms, and many sections of this site and others, why I spend my time attacking religion. Why should I care what others believe? I really don't care what you believe. If you want to believe that we are reincarnated alien souls, or the earth is ten thousand years old, I really don't give a pile of dog sh*t. However, organized religions have often been detrimental to my beliefs, my country and my world.

Respectfully, that's not quite true. I've seen you start the discussion all on your own, sometimes baiting the religious with the language you use.

It has tried to inject its belief into schools, where I go and where possibly my children will go.

And you have a right to oppose that in a strong, reasonable and peaceful fashion. But there are a lot of people who simply cannot change as quickly as you would like them to, and by attacking their core beliefs so vociferously you are merely causing them to reject your arguments, even when they are good ones.

It discriminates against homosexuals, forcing others to follow its laws. It's YOUR religion. YOU have to follow its rules. I don't have to follow its rules. My friends and neighbors and fellow countrymen don't have to follow it's rules. And as someone who is currently questioning his own sexuality, this whole question is ridiculous.

Individuals discriminate. Individuals decide not to discriminate. When the Pope tried to ban the pill it cost the Catholic Church nearly 1/3 of its dedicated followers, and other irresponsible actions have cost them many more. They've been force to retreat to the point that they are considering asking their remaining members to vote on what they think is right. Being proactive works, and it doesn't need harsh confrontations to do so. So while your intent may be well-placed, hurting another is just as wrong as them hurting you.

It tries to stifle freedom of speech. Many conservative people in the United States talk about censoring the internet. Specifically, they wish to censor out things such as prominent YouTube Atheists, and pornography. They have a blatant disregard for this nations founding principles that they wish to inject into law.

I don't believe in censoring now, but when I was ten years younger and found my seven-year-old daughter staring at pictures of naked Disney characters having sex on the computer because she typed "Disney" into a search engine, I surely felt then that it needed to be censored. Fortunately the internet has begun censoring itself, and I hope that this will continue. There are limits to anything and everything, and it's always better to recognize those limits on our own, and then respect them. That's the real goal. But there are plenty of times when people who aren't religious, or simply pretend to be, hurt people just as badly. It's a minority on both sides who are extremist in their actions. The majority should put an end to it.

It causes wars. Now I am not stupid. I know that when you really look at it, most wars are caused by other political and economic factors. However, this is usually only the motivation of those on the top. They mobilize the nation by using religion. Do you think a poor person is going to care about whether the leader of the country is going to get oil from the middle east? No. They have their own problems. When you add god, it gives you the power of the masses.

They stand against women's rights. How can you even argue against this one? The bible is clearly outspoken against women teaching, or being equal to men. Christianity was used to keep women in "their place". In India they continued practices such as Sati for a very long time. In the Middle East.... Do I even have to prove to you that women are being oppressed by Islam?

Men stood against women's rights. They simply used religion because it was such a powerful tool. They also used the specter of women being savaged on the battlefield, or causing brave men to die trying to save them. It's the way politics works, and it is dirty, dirty, dirty. What we need more than anything are more voices of reason, not cries of anger.

They convince people to take economic stances that are neither in the interest of their faith, or themselves. The Republicans only take the side of the bible when it comes to social issues. I mean, Jesus supposedly healed the sick (healthcare) fed the poor (food stamps), he admonished the rich and told them to give their money to the poor (redistribution of wealth). Also the Jews were always in favor of literacy and to further learn about the Torah and religious writings (education). Jesus, if he existed and was who he said he was, was a social Conservative (though he would have been considered liberal for the time) and a fiscal Liberal.

And why do people think that it benefits them to get rid of welfare systems, when they are only a couple dollars a year above needing it?

I often wonder about that one myself.

That's all I could think of right now. If I think of more I will post them.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:07:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 12:10:34 AM, Idealist wrote:
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
I have been asked many times, on many platforms, and many sections of this site and others, why I spend my time attacking religion. Why should I care what others believe? I really don't care what you believe. If you want to believe that we are reincarnated alien souls, or the earth is ten thousand years old, I really don't give a pile of dog sh*t. However, organized religions have often been detrimental to my beliefs, my country and my world.

Respectfully, that's not quite true. I've seen you start the discussion all on your own, sometimes baiting the religious with the language you use.

True.

It has tried to inject its belief into schools, where I go and where possibly my children will go.

And you have a right to oppose that in a strong, reasonable and peaceful fashion. But there are a lot of people who simply cannot change as quickly as you would like them to, and by attacking their core beliefs so vociferously you are merely causing them to reject your arguments, even when they are good ones.

Not only are they not changing, they are attacking viciously those who are trying to change. I have given up on my idealism that I can change people's beliefs, or even make them question their beliefs. I have questioned my beliefs many times on this site, yet I see a failure on the other side to even recognize rational responses. So I have come to the realization that it doesn't matter over the internet. I use this as practice for the real world. I use this, so when people come to my door at 8 in the morning, I have something to say to them.

Men stood against women's rights. They simply used religion because it was such a powerful tool. They also used the specter of women being savaged on the battlefield, or causing brave men to die trying to save them. It's the way politics works, and it is dirty, dirty, dirty. What we need more than anything are more voices of reason, not cries of anger.

Exactly. They used religion instead of facts and critical thinking. They used religion to justify their actions. I have found it very hard for these kinds of people to justify what the do and what they believe without faith.

Look, censoring is a violation of our freedom of expression, and the press in all of its forms. I agree that things of a sexual or explicit nature should have a "18 or older" block, but these things should not be completely taken down, unless the business it is on decides to.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:14:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 12:01:49 AM, Kassandra wrote:
Religionists have long since abandoned logic for the comfort of having someone else do their thinking for them. Religion shelters and nourishes their petty prejudices and fears. It leads them in the path of self-righteousness for their own sakes, and allows them to focus on getting everlasting life after death, rather on this life--and all the folks they step on to get to those pearly gates. Hint: If they have that fish symbol on their car--Look Out! They've given their hearts to Jesus, they don't care about anything so mundane as keeping their tires off of your person.

*tips fedora*
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 2:13:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 9:07:20 AM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 12:10:34 AM, Idealist wrote:
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
I have been asked many times, on many platforms, and many sections of this site and others, why I spend my time attacking religion. Why should I care what others believe? I really don't care what you believe. If you want to believe that we are reincarnated alien souls, or the earth is ten thousand years old, I really don't give a pile of dog sh*t. However, organized religions have often been detrimental to my beliefs, my country and my world.

Respectfully, that's not quite true. I've seen you start the discussion all on your own, sometimes baiting the religious with the language you use.

True.

It has tried to inject its belief into schools, where I go and where possibly my children will go.

And you have a right to oppose that in a strong, reasonable and peaceful fashion. But there are a lot of people who simply cannot change as quickly as you would like them to, and by attacking their core beliefs so vociferously you are merely causing them to reject your arguments, even when they are good ones.

Not only are they not changing, they are attacking viciously those who are trying to change. I have given up on my idealism that I can change people's beliefs, or even make them question their beliefs. I have questioned my beliefs many times on this site, yet I see a failure on the other side to even recognize rational responses.

Maybe your or other responses on your side aren't so rational, eh? Have you ever considered that? :)

So I have come to the realization that it doesn't matter over the internet. I use this as practice for the real world. I use this, so when people come to my door at 8 in the morning, I have something to say to them.

Men stood against women's rights. They simply used religion because it was such a powerful tool. They also used the specter of women being savaged on the battlefield, or causing brave men to die trying to save them. It's the way politics works, and it is dirty, dirty, dirty. What we need more than anything are more voices of reason, not cries of anger.

Exactly. They used religion instead of facts and critical thinking. They used religion to justify their actions. I have found it very hard for these kinds of people to justify what the do and what they believe without faith.

Look, censoring is a violation of our freedom of expression, and the press in all of its forms. I agree that things of a sexual or explicit nature should have a "18 or older" block, but these things should not be completely taken down, unless the business it is on decides to.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:25:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
I have been asked many times, on many platforms, and many sections of this site and others, why I spend my time attacking religion. Why should I care what others believe? I really don't care what you believe. If you want to believe that we are reincarnated alien souls, or the earth is ten thousand years old, I really don't give a pile of dog sh*t. However, organized religions have often been detrimental to my beliefs, my country and my world.

It has tried to inject its belief into schools, where I go and where possibly my children will go.

It discriminates against homosexuals, forcing others to follow its laws. It's YOUR religion. YOU have to follow its rules. I don't have to follow its rules. My friends and neighbors and fellow countrymen don't have to follow it's rules. And as someone who is currently questioning his own sexuality, this whole question is ridiculous.

It tries to stifle freedom of speech. Many conservative people in the United States talk about censoring the internet. Specifically, they wish to censor out things such as prominent YouTube Atheists, and pornography. They have a blatant disregard for this nations founding principles that they wish to inject into law.

It causes wars. Now I am not stupid. I know that when you really look at it, most wars are caused by other political and economic factors. However, this is usually only the motivation of those on the top. They mobilize the nation by using religion. Do you think a poor person is going to care about whether the leader of the country is going to get oil from the middle east? No. They have their own problems. When you add god, it gives you the power of the masses.

They stand against women's rights. How can you even argue against this one? The bible is clearly outspoken against women teaching, or being equal to men. Christianity was used to keep women in "their place". In India they continued practices such as Sati for a very long time. In the Middle East.... Do I even have to prove to you that women are being oppressed by Islam?

They convince people to take economic stances that are neither in the interest of their faith, or themselves. The Republicans only take the side of the bible when it comes to social issues. I mean, Jesus supposedly healed the sick (healthcare) fed the poor (food stamps), he admonished the rich and told them to give their money to the poor (redistribution of wealth). Also the Jews were always in favor of literacy and to further learn about the Torah and religious writings (education). Jesus, if he existed and was who he said he was, was a social Conservative (though he would have been considered liberal for the time) and a fiscal Liberal.

And why do people think that it benefits them to get rid of welfare systems, when they are only a couple dollars a year above needing it?

That's all I could think of right now. If I think of more I will post them.

But surely, by attacking theists you are doing precisely what you complain that they are?

However, whether we like it or not God exists and all the viable evidence available, makes that so certain as to be beyond logical argument. Not that this fact stops people arguing, and probably never will stop some.

I often wonder what idiot ever called us "Homo Sapiens", "Wise men". What is wise about the way the vast majority if us live?

What is wise about denying the inevitable and unavoidable, as all Atheists, and the
vast majority of theists do?

What is wise about not caring for the earth and all on it as God intended us to do, as we were created to do?

What is wise about constantly biting the hand that feeds us as we do at present?

What is wise about denying the inevitable as most do?

Nothing.

Most people abuse religion because they don;t even realise what it truly is.

They think of worship as some formalised set of rites and traditions. That could not be further from the truth.

They think religion is about control, whereas in fact it is about self control and accepting the responsibility for our decisions and choices.

You cite the attitude of religionists to homosexuals, and with some validity, however do you think of the responsibility of those who decide to take that course of life? Please don;t say it isn't a choice, because it is, as is practically everything bar breathing, and even that can be a choice if you choose to stop doing it.

I don't intend to get into the futile argument about whether or not homosexual impulses are natural to some or not, no-one can prove that either way.

However there is no valid argument for giving in to those impulses, and many valid arguments against doing so, with all the harm that can do to others, if only by providing a bad example.

All those who truly understand what religion, and the worship of the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ actually meant and practised it as Christ and the Apostles taught, this would could only be a much better place to live.

As Ghandi, who loved the idea of Christianity but despised Christians because they didn't live according to it's precepts said, if mankind lived purely by the teachings embedded in the sermon on the mount, there would be no need for armies or police forces, or even for laws, because no-one would do anything to the detriment of any other.

That is what Christianity as practised by Christ and the Apostles is all about.

Why is that the case?

Because true Christianity only has, and only needs two laws,a s Jesus pointed out. they are both impossible to obey separately and if you do not obey the one you cannot possibly obey the other.

They are:

You must love Jehovah your God with you whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being.

and

You must love your fellow man as you love yourself.

That is the heat and soul of what Christ taught. Fulfil those two to the best of your ability and there is no need for any otehr law at all, because no-one will do any harm to any other and will strive to benefit others as they would have others benefit them.

That would, if practised by all be the end of all human problems. When there are only those left alive on the earth who agree to live by those two laws, then God will allow us to live forever as he intended Adam to do.

That day will come because it is a promise from God, and God never goes back on his word, for good or ill.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:48:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 3:25:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
I have been asked many times, on many platforms, and many sections of this site and others, why I spend my time attacking religion. Why should I care what others believe? I really don't care what you believe. If you want to believe that we are reincarnated alien souls, or the earth is ten thousand years old, I really don't give a pile of dog sh*t. However, organized religions have often been detrimental to my beliefs, my country and my world.

It has tried to inject its belief into schools, where I go and where possibly my children will go.

It discriminates against homosexuals, forcing others to follow its laws. It's YOUR religion. YOU have to follow its rules. I don't have to follow its rules. My friends and neighbors and fellow countrymen don't have to follow it's rules. And as someone who is currently questioning his own sexuality, this whole question is ridiculous.

It tries to stifle freedom of speech. Many conservative people in the United States talk about censoring the internet. Specifically, they wish to censor out things such as prominent YouTube Atheists, and pornography. They have a blatant disregard for this nations founding principles that they wish to inject into law.

It causes wars. Now I am not stupid. I know that when you really look at it, most wars are caused by other political and economic factors. However, this is usually only the motivation of those on the top. They mobilize the nation by using religion. Do you think a poor person is going to care about whether the leader of the country is going to get oil from the middle east? No. They have their own problems. When you add god, it gives you the power of the masses.

They stand against women's rights. How can you even argue against this one? The bible is clearly outspoken against women teaching, or being equal to men. Christianity was used to keep women in "their place". In India they continued practices such as Sati for a very long time. In the Middle East.... Do I even have to prove to you that women are being oppressed by Islam?

They convince people to take economic stances that are neither in the interest of their faith, or themselves. The Republicans only take the side of the bible when it comes to social issues. I mean, Jesus supposedly healed the sick (healthcare) fed the poor (food stamps), he admonished the rich and told them to give their money to the poor (redistribution of wealth). Also the Jews were always in favor of literacy and to further learn about the Torah and religious writings (education). Jesus, if he existed and was who he said he was, was a social Conservative (though he would have been considered liberal for the time) and a fiscal Liberal.

And why do people think that it benefits them to get rid of welfare systems, when they are only a couple dollars a year above needing it?

That's all I could think of right now. If I think of more I will post them.

But surely, by attacking theists you are doing precisely what you complain that they are?

However, whether we like it or not God exists and all the viable evidence available, makes that so certain as to be beyond logical argument. Not that this fact stops people arguing, and probably never will stop some.

I often wonder what idiot ever called us "Homo Sapiens", "Wise men". What is wise about the way the vast majority if us live?

What is wise about denying the inevitable and unavoidable, as all Atheists, and the
vast majority of theists do?

What is wise about not caring for the earth and all on it as God intended us to do, as we were created to do?

What is wise about constantly biting the hand that feeds us as we do at present?

What is wise about denying the inevitable as most do?

Nothing.

Most people abuse religion because they don;t even realise what it truly is.

They think of worship as some formalised set of rites and traditions. That could not be further from the truth.

They think religion is about control, whereas in fact it is about self control and accepting the responsibility for our decisions and choices.

You cite the attitude of religionists to homosexuals, and with some validity, however do you think of the responsibility of those who decide to take that course of life? Please don;t say it isn't a choice, because it is, as is practically everything bar breathing, and even that can be a choice if you choose to stop doing it.

I don't intend to get into the futile argument about whether or not homosexual impulses are natural to some or not, no-one can prove that either way.

However there is no valid argument for giving in to those impulses, and many valid arguments against doing so, with all the harm that can do to others, if only by providing a bad example.

All those who truly understand what religion, and the worship of the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ actually meant and practised it as Christ and the Apostles taught, this would could only be a much better place to live.

As Ghandi, who loved the idea of Christianity but despised Christians because they didn't live according to it's precepts said, if mankind lived purely by the teachings embedded in the sermon on the mount, there would be no need for armies or police forces, or even for laws, because no-one would do anything to the detriment of any other.

That is what Christianity as practised by Christ and the Apostles is all about.

Why is that the case?

Because true Christianity only has, and only needs two laws,a s Jesus pointed out. they are both impossible to obey separately and if you do not obey the one you cannot possibly obey the other.

They are:

You must love Jehovah your God with you whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being.

and

You must love your fellow man as you love yourself.

That is the heat and soul of what Christ taught. Fulfil those two to the best of your ability and there is no need for any otehr law at all, because no-one will do any harm to any other and will strive to benefit others as they would have others benefit them.

That would, if practised by all be the end of all human problems. When there are only those left alive on the earth who agree to live by those two laws, then God will allow us to live forever as he intended Adam to do.

That day will come because it is a promise from God, and God never goes back on his word, for good or ill.

No man's flesh will be left on this earth after the fire of God has destroyed this world. You're absolutely blind to the prophecies that were spoken long before Jesus and us other saints appeared in this world. God uses us saints to read the prophecies so He can interpret them through our testimonies. We know that ALL the flesh of God's people during this first age will be destroyed and burned up before the next age appears.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 4:47:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 3:25:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/29/2013 9:21:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

But surely, by attacking theists you are doing precisely what you complain that they are?

It's not about insulting them. It's about affecting the world in a negative manner. I don't care what you say about me and my beliefs. I might disagree and argue, but I fully support your rights to say it. When your ideas become legislation for no justification other than faith, that's my problem.

However, whether we like it or not God exists and all the viable evidence available, makes that so certain as to be beyond logical argument. Not that this fact stops people arguing, and probably never will stop some.

What evidence? I have never been provided with good evidence that isn't just deistic, or explainable by science. Or isn't "god of the gaps". Please present this obvious evidence to me.

I often wonder what idiot ever called us "Homo Sapiens", "Wise men". What is wise about the way the vast majority if us live?

I find this ironic too. It has also been thought that we are not the most intelligent species, and the only reason we are more advanced is opposable thumbs and language skills.

What is wise about denying the inevitable and unavoidable, as all Atheists, and the
vast majority of theists do?

What? What do I think is inevitable and unavoidable?

What is wise about not caring for the earth and all on it as God intended us to do, as we were created to do?

It's really not the atheists preaching that your pockets are more important than the earth. If you are truly a moral person, then being an atheist would require you to help make the world a better place, because this is all the life we have.

What is wise about constantly biting the hand that feeds us as we do at present?

If you don't believe the hand exists, then how is this an argument? To supposedly bite the hand that feeds you, it requires you to believe in that hand. If atheists don't believe in the "hand" then they don't believe they are biting it.

What is wise about denying the inevitable as most do?

Again, I don't know what this "inevitable" is.

Most people abuse religion because they don;t even realise what it truly is.

A device for controlling the masses?

They think of worship as some formalised set of rites and traditions. That could not be further from the truth.

Isn't it though? I mean, once you take out the worship and formalization and structure, you are left with deism.

They think religion is about control, whereas in fact it is about self control and accepting the responsibility for our decisions and choices.

Watch Cultofdusty how atheism saved my life. YouTube.

You cite the attitude of religionists to homosexuals, and with some validity, however do you think of the responsibility of those who decide to take that course of life? Please don;t say it isn't a choice, because it is, as is practically everything bar breathing, and even that can be a choice if you choose to stop doing it.

It's true. Being openly gay is a choice. It is a choice to act on a hormonal instinct. However, when the instinct hurts literally no one, isn't it better to go along with it? I mean, isn't lying one of the big ten laws? So it's better for gay people to lie about who they are then to break one of the minor laws in Leviticus.

I don't intend to get into the futile argument about whether or not homosexual impulses are natural to some or not, no-one can prove that either way.

We can show twin studies and birth order studies. Don't those show there is some natural tendency towards homosexuality?

However there is no valid argument for giving in to those impulses, and many valid arguments against doing so, with all the harm that can do to others, if only by providing a bad example.

Why is it a bad example? We have an overpopulation. And what harm?

I'll get to the rest tomorrow.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 7:06:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
All those who truly understand what religion, and the worship of the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ actually meant and practised it as Christ and the Apostles taught, this would could only be a much better place to live.

Yes, a place where we stone gay people and burn "witches". A world where we pray instead of using medicine that has been proven to work. A place where we hate people who are different, and promote slaves obeying their masters. A world where women can't teach or learn. All of this is in the bible, and many of these in the new testament.

As Ghandi, who loved the idea of Christianity but despised Christians because they didn't live according to it's precepts said, if mankind lived purely by the teachings embedded in the sermon on the mount, there would be no need for armies or police forces, or even for laws, because no-one would do anything to the detriment of any other.

Yes, if you live life like a good person, then the world will be better. If people can already pick and choose what is good and what isn't then why can't we just be moral people?

That is what Christianity as practised by Christ and the Apostles is all about.

It's all about interpretation. When you have a moral code that is defended by a higher power, and interpreted by you, you have justification for doing anything.

Why is that the case?

Because true Christianity only has, and only needs two laws,a s Jesus pointed out. they are both impossible to obey separately and if you do not obey the one you cannot possibly obey the other.

Then what happened to all of those other laws that Christians always point out? Like killing gay people.

They are:

You must love Jehovah your God with you whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being.

Yes, bow down to the invisible sky being!

and

You must love your fellow man as you love yourself.

What about people with low self-esteem problems?

This is so rarely applied in real life, that it is almost not worth considering. People never go to these rules. They go to the rules that suite them. Why do they care? If it's in a holy book, they don't need to justify it to their neighbors or their society or themselves. People often say Atheists have no accountability, therefore no morals. I counter this argument with the claim that religious people have no morals. They can justify any moral beliefs. And society rewards them with tax breaks.

That is the heat and soul of what Christ taught. Fulfil those two to the best of your ability and there is no need for any otehr law at all, because no-one will do any harm to any other and will strive to benefit others as they would have others benefit them.

So instead of being judged by just the question of whether you are a good person, you will also be judged for belief without evidence. Isn't god supposed to be intelligent? Doesn't he understand that belief without evidence isn't something that should be rewarded, or punished? And it's not just believing without evidence, you have to believe the right thing as well. So not only must you not have an inquisitive nature, and be a good person, you must also be lucky to go to heaven.

That would, if practised by all be the end of all human problems. When there are only those left alive on the earth who agree to live by those two laws, then God will allow us to live forever as he intended Adam to do.

Yes, if all humans agreed to be moral, then all of the world would not have as many problems. However, I fail to see the benefit of the first law. Here are Lord Graesil shu Aln de Alanai en Saeron's rules for a good earth.

1. Freedom of belief, but not violent or oppressive belief, and beliefs centered on helping others.

2. Moral codes set down by science for what most benefits all life the most for the most time.

3. Application of birth control and medicine.

4. Freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

5. Welfare.

6. Good education.

7. Money invested into green technology.

8. Some redistribution of wealth.

9. Protection of human rights.

10. A caring and powerful international governing body.

That day will come because it is a promise from God, and God never goes back on his word, for good or ill.

One day will come, when Grae shall come unto this world, and the fallen shall become the mighty, and they shall not spare their foes.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved