Total Posts:125|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Would you like to be a friend of God?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 1:47:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
God actually wants us to be his friends and to cooperate with him in ensuring the benefit of all of his creation.

Abraham was one whom God himself called his friend, because he was so close to Jehovah that eh knew him well enough to know that he never went back on a promise and so, confused as he must have felt, his trust in the promises about what Isaac would become led him to know that whatever he did to Isaac, Isaac would survive it somehow, even if Abraham could not imagine how.

What benefit do we get from Abraham's obedience? Why is such an apparently cruel requested recorded as a lesson to us?

We get the example of what true faith can motivate people to do, and how one man had such explicit trust ion God that he knew that somehow Isaac would have to survive it because God had made promises involving him and God does not break promises.

I can imagine the confusion in Abraham's mind, but a confusion that was completely over-ruled by Abraham's knowledge of, and consequently trust in, God.

That is why Abraham was counted as a friend of God, by God himself.

2 Chronicles 20:7
7 O our God, did you not drive away the inhabitants of this land from before your people Israel and then give it as a lasting possession to the offspring of your friend Abraham?

Isaiah 41:8
8 "But you, O Israel, are my servant,
You, O Jacob, whom I have chosen,
The offspring of Abraham my friend."

James 2:23
23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: "Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness," and he came to be called Jehovah"s friend.

That is also why I hope eventually to be classed as a friend of God also, as do many more like me. I cannot imagine a better or more loyal friend. After all, friends is what God wants, true friends like Abraham.

Would you not like such a reliable friend?

He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined.

My trust in him is aided by scriptures such as Hebrews 11, which I suggest anyone read the whole of, and think long and hard about. Preferably putting them selves, metaphorically, in the sandals of those involved.
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 2:41:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
MCB: "He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined."

Anna: I disagree with that statement - or the tone of it, but on the whole, congratulations for penning a post that does not contain an ounce of the usual WatchTower propaganda you spew.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:23:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wouldn't want to be a friend of a mass murderer who ordered someone to kill his own son, flooded the entire world just to kill humans, makes people with a specific nature and asks people to act contrary to that nature, and orders others to murder and kill. Oh and someone who holds a grudge for some dumb blonde eating an apple because she got tricked by a talking snake.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:32:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 2:41:11 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined."

Anna: I disagree with that statement - or the tone of it, but on the whole, congratulations for penning a post that does not contain an ounce of the usual WatchTower propaganda you spew.

Of course you do because you don't know God as I do.

Oh and it is at the heart of what Christ, The Apostles, and the Jehovah's Witnesses teach, lol, you ignorance is showing again.

http://wol.jw.org...

That is the result of a search on the phrase "friend of God" on the JW website.

You really don't learn do you, lol. You continue to criticise them in ignorance, not only of what they teach, but of what Christ and the Apostles taught.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:32:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 4:46:19 AM, anomalous wrote:
God is my friend and he told me to tell you to stop speaking on his behalf.

If he were truly your friend you would be speaking out with me, since that is what his friends do.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:34:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 5:58:33 AM, bulproof wrote:
Not the one rattling around in your head madman.

There is only one God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the only God worthy of worship, and he is not only in my head but my heart also.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:40:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 10:23:38 AM, Lordgrae wrote:
I wouldn't want to be a friend of a mass murderer who ordered someone to kill his own son, flooded the entire world just to kill humans, makes people with a specific nature and asks people to act contrary to that nature, and orders others to murder and kill. Oh and someone who holds a grudge for some dumb blonde eating an apple because she got tricked by a talking snake.

All that proves is how little you know of the background to the stories, but it is your choice to look mat it that way if you wish.

God has never murdered anyone. True he has executed many who did not deserve the gift of life, and it is after all his gift to give and take back if he wishes. However the vast majority even of them will get a second chance in much better circumstances, so where is the problem?

God does not ask any to act contrary to nature, the exact opposite in fact, though he does ask us to curb and control desires which are harmful not only to use but to mankind as a whole. Society asks no less of us when it asks us not to steal from others, assault others, behave recklessly etc..

All you have demonstrated is a desire to find excuses to ignore the inevitable for your own benefit. Which will, in the long term, fail you.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 3:42:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 1:47:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
God actually wants us to be his friends and to cooperate with him in ensuring the benefit of all of his creation.

Abraham was one whom God himself called his friend, because he was so close to Jehovah that eh knew him well enough to know that he never went back on a promise and so, confused as he must have felt, his trust in the promises about what Isaac would become led him to know that whatever he did to Isaac, Isaac would survive it somehow, even if Abraham could not imagine how.

What benefit do we get from Abraham's obedience? Why is such an apparently cruel requested recorded as a lesson to us?

We get the example of what true faith can motivate people to do, and how one man had such explicit trust ion God that he knew that somehow Isaac would have to survive it because God had made promises involving him and God does not break promises.

I can imagine the confusion in Abraham's mind, but a confusion that was completely over-ruled by Abraham's knowledge of, and consequently trust in, God.

That is why Abraham was counted as a friend of God, by God himself.

2 Chronicles 20:7
7 O our God, did you not drive away the inhabitants of this land from before your people Israel and then give it as a lasting possession to the offspring of your friend Abraham?

Isaiah 41:8
8 "But you, O Israel, are my servant,
You, O Jacob, whom I have chosen,
The offspring of Abraham my friend."

James 2:23
23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: "Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness," and he came to be called Jehovah"s friend.

That is also why I hope eventually to be classed as a friend of God also, as do many more like me. I cannot imagine a better or more loyal friend. After all, friends is what God wants, true friends like Abraham.

Would you not like such a reliable friend?

He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined.

My trust in him is aided by scriptures such as Hebrews 11, which I suggest anyone read the whole of, and think long and hard about. Preferably putting them selves, metaphorically, in the sandals of those involved.

You're not even close to being a friend of MINE you fool. You have been rejecting ME ever since I came in here with my saint so testify for ME. You're a fool who operates from the wicked flesh that will be destroyed soon, like all MY wicked people ( Israel ) will.

Ecclesiastes 3
17: I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for he has appointed a time for every matter, and for every work.
18: I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them that they are but beasts.
19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
20: All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Your flesh is no exception to God's laws. Your flesh will perish but your spirit will be saved for the next age like ALL God's people will be.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 5:33:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 3:40:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:23:38 AM, Lordgrae wrote:
I wouldn't want to be a friend of a mass murderer who ordered someone to kill his own son, flooded the entire world just to kill humans, makes people with a specific nature and asks people to act contrary to that nature, and orders others to murder and kill. Oh and someone who holds a grudge for some dumb blonde eating an apple because she got tricked by a talking snake.

All that proves is how little you know of the background to the stories, but it is your choice to look mat it that way if you wish.

God has never murdered anyone. True he has executed many who did not deserve the gift of life, and it is after all his gift to give and take back if he wishes. However the vast majority even of them will get a second chance in much better circumstances, so where is the problem?

God does not ask any to act contrary to nature, the exact opposite in fact, though he does ask us to curb and control desires which are harmful not only to use but to mankind as a whole. Society asks no less of us when it asks us not to steal from others, assault others, behave recklessly etc..

All you have demonstrated is a desire to find excuses to ignore the inevitable for your own benefit. Which will, in the long term, fail you.

So it isn't murder of almost everyone when you flood the earth? Good to know.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:46:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You can't just assert something to be true.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:12:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You can't just assert something to be true.

Why can't I. I am your Creator.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:15:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 10:12:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You can't just assert something to be true.

Why can't I. I am your Creator.

Then I will simply begin to assert that I know my own truth without any evidence. If evidence is not a requirement for belief, than anything can be considered true.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:20:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 10:15:00 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:12:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You can't just assert something to be true.

Why can't I. I am your Creator.

Then I will simply begin to assert that I know my own truth without any evidence. If evidence is not a requirement for belief, than anything can be considered true.

Everything did come from the Truth my friend. Now you're starting to understand.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:22:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 10:20:51 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:15:00 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:12:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You can't just assert something to be true.

Why can't I. I am your Creator.

Then I will simply begin to assert that I know my own truth without any evidence. If evidence is not a requirement for belief, than anything can be considered true.

Everything did come from the Truth my friend. Now you're starting to understand.

The Truth has now been declared as the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:24:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 10:22:46 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:20:51 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:15:00 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:12:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You can't just assert something to be true.

Why can't I. I am your Creator.

Then I will simply begin to assert that I know my own truth without any evidence. If evidence is not a requirement for belief, than anything can be considered true.

Everything did come from the Truth my friend. Now you're starting to understand.

The Truth has now been declared as the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

No, the Truth created the Flying Spaghetti Monster but atheists believe they created it.
Somecrap
Posts: 119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:16:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 1:47:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
God actually wants us to be his friends and to cooperate with him in ensuring the benefit of all of his creation.

Abraham was one whom God himself called his friend, because he was so close to Jehovah that eh knew him well enough to know that he never went back on a promise and so, confused as he must have felt, his trust in the promises about what Isaac would become led him to know that whatever he did to Isaac, Isaac would survive it somehow, even if Abraham could not imagine how.

What benefit do we get from Abraham's obedience? Why is such an apparently cruel requested recorded as a lesson to us?

We get the example of what true faith can motivate people to do, and how one man had such explicit trust ion God that he knew that somehow Isaac would have to survive it because God had made promises involving him and God does not break promises.

I can imagine the confusion in Abraham's mind, but a confusion that was completely over-ruled by Abraham's knowledge of, and consequently trust in, God.

That is why Abraham was counted as a friend of God, by God himself.

2 Chronicles 20:7
7 O our God, did you not drive away the inhabitants of this land from before your people Israel and then give it as a lasting possession to the offspring of your friend Abraham?

Isaiah 41:8
8 "But you, O Israel, are my servant,
You, O Jacob, whom I have chosen,
The offspring of Abraham my friend."

James 2:23
23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: "Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness," and he came to be called Jehovah"s friend.

That is also why I hope eventually to be classed as a friend of God also, as do many more like me. I cannot imagine a better or more loyal friend. After all, friends is what God wants, true friends like Abraham.

Would you not like such a reliable friend?

He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined.

My trust in him is aided by scriptures such as Hebrews 11, which I suggest anyone read the whole of, and think long and hard about. Preferably putting them selves, metaphorically, in the sandals of those involved.

Dude every cult every church every sect of christianity (endless in count) claim they got the holy ghost everybody of them and all going in different directions... how the heck everyone got the same holy ghost from god and all going to opposite derictions? u can tell me what the holy ghost telling u if at all he is your friend
If u eat u excrete it cant be helped
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:39:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
MCB: "He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined."

Anna: I disagree with that statement - or the tone of it, but on the whole, congratulations for penning a post that does not contain an ounce of the usual WatchTower propaganda you spew.

MCB: Of course you do because you don't know God as I do.

Anna: A fact for which I am humbly grateful.

MCB: Oh and it is at the heart of what Christ, The Apostles, and the Jehovah's Witnesses teach, lol, you ignorance is showing again.

Anna: You said, "whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined"

John said, "These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God."

Yet you do not even know if Jesus counts you as a friend? I think you're right: such is the very core of WatchTower doctrine. Uncertainty. Have you done enough? Will you be counted worthy to survive this nonexistent yet-future Armageddon?

http://wol.jw.org......

That is the result of a search on the phrase "friend of God" on the JW website.


This gem from the BotchTower site: "If you choose to be unclean, harming yourself and others by using tobacco, you cannot be a friend of God."

Isn't that something? Another gem of speculative wisdom from the Ole BotchTower. I notice they didn't say, "If you choose to make wild speculations on prophesy and establish a long, well-documented history of failure, you cannot be a friend of God." They left that one out - and surmise we won't see that one on your "friend" search.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, look at this BS. We've struck "New Light " Gold:

"Clarification of "the superior authorities" of Romans 13:1 and the extent of a Christian"s subjection to them came in 1962. An in-depth study of the 13th chapter of Romans and Scriptural texts such as Titus 3:1, 2 and 1 Peter 2:13, 17 made it clear that the expression "superior authorities" refers, not to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, but to human governmental authorities."

LMAO! How stupid can one group get? I have a book by Foy Wallace published in 1945 which states emphatically that the "superior authorities" on Rom 13: 1 are human government authorities. Folks apparently had been telling the BotchTower that for years.

"Just as increasing morning light causes otherwise obscure objects to take on shape and color, in 1935 the great multitude was identified as those who survive "the great tribulation," with the prospect of living forever on earth.

"Later in the same year(1935) came a clarification that affected school-age children of Jehovah"s Witnesses in a number of countries. While patriotic fervor was running high the world over, the Witnesses recognized that saluting the flag is much more than a mere formalism.

In the following year (1936), another doctrinal truth, that Christ died on a stake, not a cross, was explained.

"The July 1, 1945, issue of The Watchtower encouraged "all worshipers of Jehovah who seek eternal life in his new world of righteousness to respect the sanctity of blood and to conform themselves to God"s righteous rulings concerning this vital matter."

"In 1973 the use of tobacco was seen as a "defilement of flesh" and was to be viewed as serious wrongdoing.

"In 1985 light was shed upon what it means to be declared righteous "for life" and righteous as a friend of God.

The meaning of the Christian Jubilee was thoroughly explained in 1987.

In 1995 the separating of "the sheep" from "the goats" was more clearly understood.

The year 1998 saw the detailed explanation of Ezekiel"s temple vision, which is already in the course of fulfillment.

In 1999 came clarification of when and how "the disgusting thing stands in a holy place."

Look at all that crapola! I hope one doesn't have to believe any of THAT to be a friend of God.

MCB: You really don't learn do you, lol. You continue to criticise them in ignorance, not only of what they teach, but of what Christ and the Apostles taught.

Anna: Oh, I know pretty well what they teach. Among these delightful papal bulls from Brooklyn is: "You have to believe and teach others what were are teaching at the moment - even if you know it to be an egregious error. If you are brazen enough to believe and teach the truth in deference to our error, we'll disfellowship you." I trust you won't need to see the quote - you've seen it here plenty of times. The official BotchTower justification? "Unity is more desirable than truth." That's your group there, MadCornish. I'd stick with 'em if I were you. It saves you the trouble of thinking.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:05:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 11:39:13 PM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined."

Anna: I disagree with that statement - or the tone of it, but on the whole, congratulations for penning a post that does not contain an ounce of the usual WatchTower propaganda you spew.

MCB: Of course you do because you don't know God as I do.

Anna: A fact for which I am humbly grateful.

MCB: Oh and it is at the heart of what Christ, The Apostles, and the Jehovah's Witnesses teach, lol, you ignorance is showing again.

Anna: You said, "whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined"

John said, "These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God."

Yet you do not even know if Jesus counts you as a friend? I think you're right: such is the very core of WatchTower doctrine. Uncertainty. Have you done enough? Will you be counted worthy to survive this nonexistent yet-future Armageddon?

http://wol.jw.org......

That is the result of a search on the phrase "friend of God" on the JW website.


This gem from the BotchTower site: "If you choose to be unclean, harming yourself and others by using tobacco, you cannot be a friend of God."

Isn't that something? Another gem of speculative wisdom from the Ole BotchTower. I notice they didn't say, "If you choose to make wild speculations on prophesy and establish a long, well-documented history of failure, you cannot be a friend of God." They left that one out - and surmise we won't see that one on your "friend" search.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, look at this BS. We've struck "New Light " Gold:

"Clarification of "the superior authorities" of Romans 13:1 and the extent of a Christian"s subjection to them came in 1962. An in-depth study of the 13th chapter of Romans and Scriptural texts such as Titus 3:1, 2 and 1 Peter 2:13, 17 made it clear that the expression "superior authorities" refers, not to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, but to human governmental authorities."

LMAO! How stupid can one group get? I have a book by Foy Wallace published in 1945 which states emphatically that the "superior authorities" on Rom 13: 1 are human government authorities. Folks apparently had been telling the BotchTower that for years.

"Just as increasing morning light causes otherwise obscure objects to take on shape and color, in 1935 the great multitude was identified as those who survive "the great tribulation," with the prospect of living forever on earth.

"Later in the same year(1935) came a clarification that affected school-age children of Jehovah"s Witnesses in a number of countries. While patriotic fervor was running high the world over, the Witnesses recognized that saluting the flag is much more than a mere formalism.

In the following year (1936), another doctrinal truth, that Christ died on a stake, not a cross, was explained.

"The July 1, 1945, issue of The Watchtower encouraged "all worshipers of Jehovah who seek eternal life in his new world of righteousness to respect the sanctity of blood and to conform themselves to God"s righteous rulings concerning this vital matter."

"In 1973 the use of tobacco was seen as a "defilement of flesh" and was to be viewed as serious wrongdoing.

"In 1985 light was shed upon what it means to be declared righteous "for life" and righteous as a friend of God.

The meaning of the Christian Jubilee was thoroughly explained in 1987.

In 1995 the separating of "the sheep" from "the goats" was more clearly understood.

The year 1998 saw the detailed explanation of Ezekiel"s temple vision, which is already in the course of fulfillment.

In 1999 came clarification of when and how "the disgusting thing stands in a holy place."

Look at all that crapola! I hope one doesn't have to believe any of THAT to be a friend of God.

MCB: You really don't learn do you, lol. You continue to criticise them in ignorance, not only of what they teach, but of what Christ and the Apostles taught.

Anna: Oh, I know pretty well what they teach. Among these delightful papal bulls from Brooklyn is: "You have to believe and teach others what were are teaching at the moment - even if you know it to be an egregious error. If you are brazen enough to believe and teach the truth in deference to our error, we'll disfellowship you." I trust you won't need to see the quote - you've seen it here plenty of times. The official BotchTower justification? "Unity is more desirable than truth." That's your group there, MadCornish. I'd stick with 'em if I were you. It saves you the trouble of thinking.

There is so much absolute drivel in this it's a wonder you aren't drooling.

Not even worthy of a reply.

If you want to discuss scripture, fine, but your childish and vindictive attacks on God's people are inaccurate and unwarranted. As you, and any who choose to listen to you and not check the facts thoroughly for themselves will one day find out.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:10:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 11:16:53 PM, Somecrap wrote:
At 11/30/2013 1:47:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
God actually wants us to be his friends and to cooperate with him in ensuring the benefit of all of his creation.

Abraham was one whom God himself called his friend, because he was so close to Jehovah that eh knew him well enough to know that he never went back on a promise and so, confused as he must have felt, his trust in the promises about what Isaac would become led him to know that whatever he did to Isaac, Isaac would survive it somehow, even if Abraham could not imagine how.

What benefit do we get from Abraham's obedience? Why is such an apparently cruel requested recorded as a lesson to us?

We get the example of what true faith can motivate people to do, and how one man had such explicit trust ion God that he knew that somehow Isaac would have to survive it because God had made promises involving him and God does not break promises.

I can imagine the confusion in Abraham's mind, but a confusion that was completely over-ruled by Abraham's knowledge of, and consequently trust in, God.

That is why Abraham was counted as a friend of God, by God himself.

2 Chronicles 20:7
7 O our God, did you not drive away the inhabitants of this land from before your people Israel and then give it as a lasting possession to the offspring of your friend Abraham?

Isaiah 41:8
8 "But you, O Israel, are my servant,
You, O Jacob, whom I have chosen,
The offspring of Abraham my friend."

James 2:23
23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: "Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness," and he came to be called Jehovah"s friend.

That is also why I hope eventually to be classed as a friend of God also, as do many more like me. I cannot imagine a better or more loyal friend. After all, friends is what God wants, true friends like Abraham.

Would you not like such a reliable friend?

He is my friend and I trust him implicitly, though whether he counts me as a friend of his is yet be be determined.

My trust in him is aided by scriptures such as Hebrews 11, which I suggest anyone read the whole of, and think long and hard about. Preferably putting them selves, metaphorically, in the sandals of those involved.

Dude every cult every church every sect of christianity (endless in count) claim they got the holy ghost everybody of them and all going in different directions... how the heck everyone got the same holy ghost from god and all going to opposite derictions? u can tell me what the holy ghost telling u if at all he is your friend

That's true, and they can't all be wrong, though only one can be right.

That's why it is up to you to work out which one really has for yourself.

The simple fact is that so many go in all sorts of wrong directions in order to bury the truth amongst a load of disinformation. After all, that is what their guide, Satan, wants.

Which one is the right one.

Well I know, but even if you believe me you still have to prove it to yourself for it to be valid in your case. God wants people to follow his son, not any human, however well authorised for their role as "signposts"..
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:14:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

He didn't create us with them, but Adam and Eve chose to "eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" so mankind has known evil ever since, but not in the sense most like to think they know it.

Those desires are part of the evil we have come to know, and it is up to us to prove we can master them and not let them master us.

Think about it.

Who do you want to be in control of your life?

Your mind or your body?

That is a choice we all have to make. Homosexuals and other fornicators let their bodies control them rather than controlling their bodies. Simple as.

I tell my body what to do, I don't let it tell me any more.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:16:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 10:12:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:30:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/30/2013 9:25:02 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And god didn't think to create us without those desires? Or was he too stupid to know whether he was creating us with them?

Each Christian has their god stored in a box. They have no idea how there god got in the box but they carry him around as if he's real. They actually believe their box is the word of God and all we have to do is look in it to see their gods. How stupid is that?

They have no idea that we're in the mind of a Creator as a dream of His.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You can't just assert something to be true.

Why can't I. I am your Creator.

Your megalomania is now coming to a rather dangerous climax!!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:20:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 5:33:52 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 11/30/2013 3:40:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:23:38 AM, Lordgrae wrote:
I wouldn't want to be a friend of a mass murderer who ordered someone to kill his own son, flooded the entire world just to kill humans, makes people with a specific nature and asks people to act contrary to that nature, and orders others to murder and kill. Oh and someone who holds a grudge for some dumb blonde eating an apple because she got tricked by a talking snake.

All that proves is how little you know of the background to the stories, but it is your choice to look mat it that way if you wish.

God has never murdered anyone. True he has executed many who did not deserve the gift of life, and it is after all his gift to give and take back if he wishes. However the vast majority even of them will get a second chance in much better circumstances, so where is the problem?

God does not ask any to act contrary to nature, the exact opposite in fact, though he does ask us to curb and control desires which are harmful not only to use but to mankind as a whole. Society asks no less of us when it asks us not to steal from others, assault others, behave recklessly etc..

All you have demonstrated is a desire to find excuses to ignore the inevitable for your own benefit. Which will, in the long term, fail you.

So it isn't murder of almost everyone when you flood the earth? Good to know.

No more than mankind thinks it is murder to go to war against their fellow man.

The difference being that God who gave life has the right to remove it if it is abused.

However in the case of the flood it was a judicial action, they could have avoided it by changing their ways, and the people of Nineveh did when they responded to Jonah's preaching and repented of their ways.

If you warn someone they are heading for a cliff and they ignore you and fall to their deaths, whose fault is it? your or theirs?

Had any chosen to put faith in God's warning and enter the Ark, they too would have been saved. However it was their choice not to.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:33:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/1/2013 3:20:45 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Had any chosen to put faith in God's warning and enter the Ark, they too would have been saved. However it was their choice not to.
Only happened in Story book Land!

All your bleating about your god & h-s support & countered by your admission the result was/is much of your time spent considering suicide! LMAO at MCB!


Always entertaining drivel from you nevertheless!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:58:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/1/2013 3:33:56 AM, Composer wrote:
At 12/1/2013 3:20:45 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Had any chosen to put faith in God's warning and enter the Ark, they too would have been saved. However it was their choice not to.
Only happened in Story book Land!

All your bleating about your god & h-s support & countered by your admission the result was/is much of your time spent considering suicide! LMAO at MCB!


Always entertaining drivel from you nevertheless!

Glad you enjoy it, lol, but when are you going to learn that trying to insult me is futile?