Jump to topic:

Where is the original text of the bible

islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 4:31:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In order to answer these questions, let's first decide what we mean by "the original Bible." That phrase refers to the revelation that came from God to the human authors. They wrote down exactly what was revealed to them, using their own vocabulary and writing style. These messages from God came to some forty different people over the span of 1600 years! The concluding one, the book of Revelation, was given 2000 years ago around 100 AD.

Unfortunately, none of these original manuscripts exist today.
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 5:17:23 AM
At 11/30/2013 4:31:17 AM, islamandworld wrote:
In order to answer these questions, let's first decide what we mean by "the original Bible." That phrase refers to the revelation that came from God to the human authors. They wrote down exactly what was revealed to them, using their own vocabulary and writing style. These messages from God came to some forty different people over the span of 1600 years! The concluding one, the book of Revelation, was given 2000 years ago around 100 AD.

According to christians not me
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 5:32:09 AM

Yeah same with the koran, oh well, who cares.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 5:47:03 AM
At 11/30/2013 5:32:09 AM, bulproof wrote:

brother,i will surely agree if u provide to me some proof and it should be logical .and as far as for the bible this is accepted by many christian monasteries
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 5:54:06 AM
At 11/30/2013 5:47:03 AM, islamandworld wrote:

brother,i will surely agree if u provide to me some proof and it should be logical .and as far as for the bible this is accepted by many christian monasteries

You provide some proof of your claim vis a vis
They wrote down exactly what was revealed to them, using their own vocabulary and writing style
And we'll see what happens. :)
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 6:03:52 AM
Let us see what Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said regarding the validity and the reliability of the Bible:

Narrated AbuNamlah al-Ansari: "When he was sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and a Jew was also with him, a funeral passed by him. He (the Jew) asked (Him): Muhammad, does this funeral speak? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has more knowledge. The Jew said: It speaks.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Whatever the people of the Book [Jews and Christians] tell you, do not verify them, nor falsify them, but say: We believe in Allah and His Apostle. If it is false, do not confirm it, and if it is right, do not falsify it. (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3637)"

The following two Sayings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him were sent to me by Yusif 65; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him:

Narrated Ubaidullah: "Ibn 'Abbas said, 'Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you!' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 461)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The people of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and then explain it in Arabic to the Muslims. Allah's Apostle said (to the Muslims). 'Do not believe the people of the Book, nor disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever is revealed to us, and whatever is revealed to you.' ' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 460)" : At 11/30/2013 5:54:06 AM, bulproof wrote:

They wrote down exactly what was revealed to them, using their own vocabulary and writing style
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 6:35:17 AM
At 11/30/2013 6:03:52 AM, islamandworld wrote:
Let us see what Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said regarding the validity and the reliability of the Bible:

Narrated AbuNamlah al-Ansari: "When he was sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and a Jew was also with him, a funeral passed by him. He (the Jew) asked (Him): Muhammad, does this funeral speak? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has more knowledge. The Jew said: It speaks.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Whatever the people of the Book [Jews and Christians] tell you, do not verify them, nor falsify them, but say: We believe in Allah and His Apostle. If it is false, do not confirm it, and if it is right, do not falsify it. (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3637)"

The following two Sayings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him were sent to me by Yusif 65; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him:

Narrated Ubaidullah: "Ibn 'Abbas said, 'Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you!' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 461)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The people of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and then explain it in Arabic to the Muslims. Allah's Apostle said (to the Muslims). 'Do not believe the people of the Book, nor disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever is revealed to us, and whatever is revealed to you.' ' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 460)" : At 11/30/2013 5:54:06 AM, bulproof wrote:

I asked for proof of your claim, not just more claims. Do you understand what you are being asked? Please try to keep up.
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 6:49:54 AM
http://www.rense.com... hope u will satisfy with this: At 11/30/2013 6:35:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/30/2013 6:03:52 AM, islamandworld wrote:

I asked for proof of your claim, not just more claims. Do you understand what you are being asked? Please try to keep up.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 6:57:22 AM
Now really try to read this and understand what I am asking, ok?

YOU claim that the authors of the bible wrote down EXACTLY what god revealed to them.

I want YOU to provide proof of this claim.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 7:20:59 AM
At 11/30/2013 7:17:30 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Dead Sea Scrolls.

Are you talking to ME?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 7:32:39 AM
At 11/30/2013 7:21:55 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 11/30/2013 7:20:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
Dead Sea Scrolls.

Are you talking to ME?

No.
Well that's good, because you are wrong anyway.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 7:36:30 AM
At 11/30/2013 7:32:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
Dead Sea Scrolls.

Are you talking to ME?

No.

Except not. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/dead_sea_scrolls.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:05:08 AM
At 11/30/2013 7:36:30 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 11/30/2013 7:32:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
Dead Sea Scrolls.

Are you talking to ME?

No.

Except not. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/dead_sea_scrolls.

I do hope you've read it?
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:05:55 AM

Remember we are talking about books. Over the last 2000 years regardless of what they are written on if they are still around they will be almost illegible. It is even more likely they will have crumbled to dust over the last 2000 years.
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:39:31 AM
If u say that the manuscripts wrote at that time were illegible and could even be crumbled then how on earth the current bible is the word of god...if this is the case there is much probability that it has been altered.
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:41:51 AM

I REPEAT THESE AREN'T MY WORDS AT ALL.THIS IS A STATEMENT BY A CHRISTIAN PAGE.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 12:18:43 PM
In order to answer these questions, let's first decide what we mean by "the original Bible." That phrase refers to the revelation that came from God to the human authors.

No actual bible scholar would define the bible this way.
islamandworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 12:32:45 PM
At 11/30/2013 12:18:43 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
In order to answer these questions, let's first decide what we mean by "the original Bible." That phrase refers to the revelation that came from God to the human authors.

No actual bible scholar would define the bible this way.

U actually are mis-understood,i never said any scholar,priest or church.I said A PAGE