Jump to topic:

I Came up With This Quote a Few Moments Ago

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 6:40:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just to be clear, I am not a professional quote-maker, I'm just an atheist teen who values his intelligence and scientific facts over some fairytale book written 2000 years ago.

"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony God's blessing, but because, I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

Eh?
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 6:45:24 PM
At 12/2/2013 6:40:18 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Just to be clear, I am not a professional quote-maker, I'm just an atheist teen who values his intelligence and scientific facts over some fairytale book written 2000 years ago.

"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony God's blessing, but because, I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

Eh?

"And so I stand on the brink of death. I stare into it's face, and cannot guess at what it brings. I bring nothing with me, and leave only my name behind. I know but one thing, I have no faith."
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Human_Joke65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 7:41:20 PM
Way to prove your overinflated ego. Also, your pompous exaggeration of euphoric enlightenment is deludedly laughable.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 9:01:14 PM
At 12/2/2013 7:41:20 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Way to prove your overinflated ego. Also, your pompous exaggeration of euphoric enlightenment is deludedly laughable.

I think your the pompous one for claiming that iron age sheep herdsmen knew the answers that elude massive technology and empirical evidence.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 10:00:02 PM

Eh?

Ummm .... if you concede that the Book was written 2,000 years ago (or even slightly less), then you have unwittingly conceded that it is of divine origin. Since you are a teen, a hint to the wise: never concede that the New Testament was composed prior to AD 70, or more than 1,943 years ago. If you do, all the big bangs and fossils won't undo it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 10:50:21 PM

Eh?

Some of us know very little.
Some of us know a lot.
Some of us know better
And some of us know.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:56:28 AM

Eh?

"And not a f*** was given that day or any of the days to come about the teenager boosting his self-esteem by proving his worthiness to strangers."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Debaterpillar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:09:25 PM
This goes to all theists who started to get outraged by the ominous "arrogant atheist teen":

I highly doubt that Installgentoo is an atheist, since he constantly claims atheism is illogical in threads and polls all over DDO.
At least to me it seems that this thread is either meant as an ironic attack against atheists, or simply an attempt to stir up hate among the religious against atheists by fooling Christians into believing their beliefs would've been offended by an atheist, when it really was one out of their own camp.
So before jumping on the "you arrogant atheists" bandwagon, feel free to read some of Installgentoo's other posts, and then decide yourself whether he merely tries to manipulate you ( http://www.debate.org... ).
"Me fail English? That's unpossible." Ralph Wiggum.