Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Your Most/Least favourite religious leaders

muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:42:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In no particular order
Most:
1. Martin Luther King
2. Joel Osteen
3. Hamza Yusuf
4. TJ Winters
5. Jesus
6. Desmond Tutu

Least:
1. Muhammad
2. Moses (as described in the Old Testament and the Quran)
3. Jerry Falwell
4. John Hagee
5. Pat Robertson
6. Kirk Cameron
7. Mike Huckabee
7. Hamza Tzortzis
8. Abdul Raheem Green
9. Benny Hinn
10. This guy: http://youtu.be...
11. Anjum Chaudhry and all other similar extremist Muslims in the UK:
12. Tahir ul Qadri
13. Amir Liaquat

(dis)Honourable mentions.
I dislike the following although they cannot be considered religious leaders:
1. Robert Spencer, Pamela Gellar, Bryan Fischer, Steven Crowder
2. Rick Perry, Peter King, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin

I like Confucius but he wasn't exactly 'religious'.

Provide your lists please.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 10:04:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/4/2013 9:42:51 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
In no particular order
Most:
1. Martin Luther King
2. Joel Osteen
3. Hamza Yusuf
4. TJ Winters
5. Jesus
6. Desmond Tutu

Least:
1. Muhammad
2. Moses (as described in the Old Testament and the Quran)
3. Jerry Falwell
4. John Hagee
5. Pat Robertson
6. Kirk Cameron
7. Mike Huckabee
7. Hamza Tzortzis
8. Abdul Raheem Green
9. Benny Hinn
10. This guy: http://youtu.be...
11. Anjum Chaudhry and all other similar extremist Muslims in the UK:
12. Tahir ul Qadri
13. Amir Liaquat


(dis)Honourable mentions.
I dislike the following although they cannot be considered religious leaders:
1. Robert Spencer, Pamela Gellar, Bryan Fischer, Steven Crowder
2. Rick Perry, Peter King, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin


I like Confucius but he wasn't exactly 'religious'.

Provide your lists please.

We saints, including the first saint that Christians call Jesus, did NOT start any religion. We come to show God's people that all religions are false and have nothing to do with sharing the Truth with the world. Our testimonies show that ALL God's people will be saved from their wicked flesh that loves religion and the things of this world.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 7:11:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/5/2013 10:04:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/4/2013 9:42:51 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
In no particular order
Most:
1. Martin Luther King
2. Joel Osteen
3. Hamza Yusuf
4. TJ Winters
5. Jesus
6. Desmond Tutu

Least:
1. Muhammad
2. Moses (as described in the Old Testament and the Quran)
3. Jerry Falwell
4. John Hagee
5. Pat Robertson
6. Kirk Cameron
7. Mike Huckabee
7. Hamza Tzortzis
8. Abdul Raheem Green
9. Benny Hinn
10. This guy: http://youtu.be...
11. Anjum Chaudhry and all other similar extremist Muslims in the UK:
12. Tahir ul Qadri
13. Amir Liaquat


(dis)Honourable mentions.
I dislike the following although they cannot be considered religious leaders:
1. Robert Spencer, Pamela Gellar, Bryan Fischer, Steven Crowder
2. Rick Perry, Peter King, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin


I like Confucius but he wasn't exactly 'religious'.

Provide your lists please.

We saints, including the first saint that Christians call Jesus, did NOT start any religion. We come to show God's people that all religions are false and have nothing to do with sharing the Truth with the world. Our testimonies show that ALL God's people will be saved from their wicked flesh that loves religion and the things of this world.

Can you provide a list of the saints currently living on this planet in dirty filthy flesh?
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 7:11:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
We saints, including the first saint that Christians call Jesus, did NOT start any religion. We come to show God's people that all religions are false and have nothing to do with sharing the Truth with the world. Our testimonies show that ALL God's people will be saved from their wicked flesh that loves religion and the things of this world.

Don't you think, as a saint, that you spend too much time on the internet? Would jesus constantly be on debate.org if he was living today?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 8:32:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, right now, one of my most favorite religious leaders is Pope Francis.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 8:37:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Favorite
1. Jesus Christ
Least
1. Muhammed
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 8:44:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/5/2013 7:11:02 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 12/5/2013 10:04:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/4/2013 9:42:51 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
In no particular order
Most:
1. Martin Luther King
2. Joel Osteen
3. Hamza Yusuf
4. TJ Winters
5. Jesus
6. Desmond Tutu

Least:
1. Muhammad
2. Moses (as described in the Old Testament and the Quran)
3. Jerry Falwell
4. John Hagee
5. Pat Robertson
6. Kirk Cameron
7. Mike Huckabee
7. Hamza Tzortzis
8. Abdul Raheem Green
9. Benny Hinn
10. This guy: http://youtu.be...
11. Anjum Chaudhry and all other similar extremist Muslims in the UK:
12. Tahir ul Qadri
13. Amir Liaquat


(dis)Honourable mentions.
I dislike the following although they cannot be considered religious leaders:
1. Robert Spencer, Pamela Gellar, Bryan Fischer, Steven Crowder
2. Rick Perry, Peter King, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin


I like Confucius but he wasn't exactly 'religious'.

Provide your lists please.

We saints, including the first saint that Christians call Jesus, did NOT start any religion. We come to show God's people that all religions are false and have nothing to do with sharing the Truth with the world. Our testimonies show that ALL God's people will be saved from their wicked flesh that loves religion and the things of this world.

Can you provide a list of the saints currently living on this planet in dirty filthy flesh?

I'm the only saint to exist in 1700 years and I don't know the saints who spoke for God during the first three centuries. But I do know that they were all killed for their testimony of our invisible Creator and His eternal plan, just like I'll be killed.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 8:54:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/5/2013 7:11:58 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
We saints, including the first saint that Christians call Jesus, did NOT start any religion. We come to show God's people that all religions are false and have nothing to do with sharing the Truth with the world. Our testimonies show that ALL God's people will be saved from their wicked flesh that loves religion and the things of this world.

Don't you think, as a saint, that you spend too much time on the internet? Would jesus constantly be on debate.org if he was living today?

Since they didn't have the internet 2,000 years ago, I can easily tell you that no saints used the internet then.

I would have to lie to say that Jesus or any other saint wouldn't be online today because I know our Creator very well, just as well as any other saint did during the first three hundred years before the Roman government killed them all. In fact, I know a lot more than any other saint that existed because they didn't have the latest technology to understand how God makes us see the illusions of flesh and the other things of this world.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 9:31:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh, an addition which is rather (unfortunately) appropriate today: Nelson Mandela. What a great man. RIP.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 2:56:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/5/2013 8:32:25 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Well, right now, one of my most favorite religious leaders is Pope Francis.

I like the new pope as well, and I'm not even catholic or christian at all for that matter. I had a good feeling about him from the beginning and he just continues to impress me more and more, the most recent example being his new EVANGELII GAUDIUM. He's really just what the church needed.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
dadman
Posts: 272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 9:55:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
John MacArthur http://dadmansabode.com...
Bob George http://dadmansabode.com...

my favorites of course
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 4:38:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/5/2013 10:12:00 PM, stubs wrote:
At 12/4/2013 9:42:51 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
In no particular order
Most:
2. Joel Osteen

Uhh.... What....

What's wrong with Joel Osteen? He's a great motivational speaker and a gentle man.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 4:41:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/5/2013 9:31:42 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Oh, an addition which is rather (unfortunately) appropriate today: Nelson Mandela. What a great man. RIP.

I love pope francis as well. I just didn't mention him because of some of his remarks that may be deemed "anti-gay". Also, I don't consider Mandela a religious leader and don't know much about his spirituality but he is definitely one f the greatest leaders the world has ever seen.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 6:37:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/6/2013 4:41:34 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 12/5/2013 9:31:42 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Oh, an addition which is rather (unfortunately) appropriate today: Nelson Mandela. What a great man. RIP.

I love pope francis as well. I just didn't mention him because of some of his remarks that may be deemed "anti-gay". Also, I don't consider Mandela a religious leader and don't know much about his spirituality but he is definitely one f the greatest leaders the world has ever seen.

Really? Which remarks? I'm curious. I thought he was one of the more progressive popes on that front which is one of the reasons I like him.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 6:46:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/6/2013 6:37:09 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/6/2013 4:41:34 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 12/5/2013 9:31:42 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Oh, an addition which is rather (unfortunately) appropriate today: Nelson Mandela. What a great man. RIP.

I love pope francis as well. I just didn't mention him because of some of his remarks that may be deemed "anti-gay". Also, I don't consider Mandela a religious leader and don't know much about his spirituality but he is definitely one f the greatest leaders the world has ever seen.

Really? Which remarks? I'm curious. I thought he was one of the more progressive popes on that front which is one of the reasons I like him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Apart from his stance on homosexuality, I think he's a great man. He actually acts like a follower of Jesus, not like a snob. What other world leader do you see literally kissing the feet of the weak and the oppressed?
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 8:26:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Uh, Desmond Tutu can suck off a horse.

I have nothing against Pope Francis, but I find it bizarre that literally everyone, no matter how skeptical, is going nuts over what is some pretty transparent PR (that's not a jab at Catholicism, but it's fairly evident that the church's weird views on sex aren't really helping it).
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 8:29:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/6/2013 8:26:32 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Uh, Desmond Tutu can suck off a horse.



What did he do that was so bad? what am I missing?
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 8:35:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/6/2013 8:29:13 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 12/6/2013 8:26:32 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Uh, Desmond Tutu can suck off a horse.


What did he do that was so bad? what am I missing?

A quick look at his Wikipedia page would do.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 8:45:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/6/2013 8:35:24 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 12/6/2013 8:29:13 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 12/6/2013 8:26:32 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Uh, Desmond Tutu can suck off a horse.


What did he do that was so bad? what am I missing?

A quick look at his Wikipedia page would do.

not sure what you meant by 'quick look' but, skimming through the page, I did not find much except a tiny section dedicated to criticisms. Could you please be more specific?

http://en.wikipedia.org...