Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Anti-Preaching: Should Atheists Proselytize?

SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 11:49:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am a gnostic theist. (http://gnosis.org...). I have never felt compelled to evangelize others... In this concept, I have always found common ground with classical atheists, and some religions that are typically not considered evangelical. i.e. Judaism.

Having said that, we"ve all probably been annoyed by street preachers before. Some of us (atheists and some theist like myself) try to avoid them altogether. Others prefer to debate them head on.

Would it be any different if the "street preacher" were preaching atheism"? Would you avoid the person all the same, would you debate them or would you encourage it because they are preaching what you believe?
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 2:01:50 PM
evangelize others to what .. poop ??

here you go . . . eat / drink and be merry .. for tomorrow you die ... and/or
he who dies with the most toys wins ......... there !!

there is the extent of atheistic evangelization ........ you're welcome :)
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 2:42:43 PM
At 12/11/2013 11:49:30 AM, SemperVI wrote:
I am a gnostic theist. (http://gnosis.org...). I have never felt compelled to evangelize others... In this concept, I have always found common ground with classical atheists, and some religions that are typically not considered evangelical. i.e. Judaism.

Having said that, we"ve all probably been annoyed by street preachers before. Some of us (atheists and some theist like myself) try to avoid them altogether. Others prefer to debate them head on.

Would it be any different if the "street preacher" were preaching atheism"? Would you avoid the person all the same, would you debate them or would you encourage it because they are preaching what you believe?

Neither atheists or Christians know who our Creator is so whatever they preach are lies. Only us saints and prophets of God can write and speak for our Creator because we're created as the Word of God, which is His voice.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 4:27:42 PM
would you debate them or .

I couldn't care less what an atheist believes ..
If I'm wrong and he/she is right .. I'm in the same box that they are

........ nothing more than worm food
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 4:43:40 PM
At 12/11/2013 11:49:30 AM, SemperVI wrote:

Probably wouldn't be much different, although atheistic street preachers might get more hate, since more people follow a religion involving a god than religions that don't follow a god.

Would be a nice change of pace though.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 4:49:26 PM
All people should proselytize, otherwise they are but selfish creatures. Of course there are some who would proselytize with selfishness, but then how f*cking stupid are they. Let them, too --we'll laugh at their contradictory nature.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 6:17:34 AM
Atheism already has it's preachers, aka Dawkins, Sam Harris, etc. In this way and many others it has become a religion, which is one reason I stopped being one.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 7:48:52 AM
At 12/12/2013 6:17:34 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Atheism already has it's preachers, aka Dawkins, Sam Harris, etc. In this way and many others it has become a religion, which is one reason I stopped being one.
As the christians like to say.

You never were one. lmfao.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin