Jump to topic:

Research into Religion and Mental health

psychresearch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2013 10:46:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am a psychology undergraduate student at Newcastle University working with 2 other students researching into religion, mental health and social behaviour for our dissertation. Past research has shown that there is a positive relationship between religion and mental health, our research looks specifically at the role religion has in mediating anxiety and worry.
For this study, it is important we recruit people who are actively religious or spiritual, or have an active interest in religion and spirituality. The questionnaire should take no longer than 20 minutes and everyone who completes the study will be entered into a prize draw for one of three "20 amazon vouchers.
If you have any further questions, please don"t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your time.
http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2013 11:11:25 AM
At 12/13/2013 10:46:04 AM, psychresearch wrote:
I am a psychology undergraduate student at Newcastle University working with 2 other students researching into religion, mental health and social behaviour for our dissertation. Past research has shown that there is a positive relationship between religion and mental health, our research looks specifically at the role religion has in mediating anxiety and worry.
For this study, it is important we recruit people who are actively religious or spiritual, or have an active interest in religion and spirituality. The questionnaire should take no longer than 20 minutes and everyone who completes the study will be entered into a prize draw for one of three "20 amazon vouchers.
If you have any further questions, please don"t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your time.
http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com...

It would be more interesting to line up psychologists and ask them how they were created?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2013 8:36:34 PM
Just took the survey. You might have a bit of trouble with my answers though...

Most of the questions seemed not to apply to any of the reformed type so a lot of my answers may seem to contradict themselves. Hence my name: Paradox.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2013 8:57:57 AM
At 12/14/2013 7:59:45 AM, psychresearch wrote:
Thanks I'll take a look at that work! Thanks to all who have taken the time to take part too!!

A personal interview with borno should be enlightening. Just make sure you get there before he tops himself, cos then it's too late.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AnthonyAdams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 4:40:14 AM
hello, not many students now a days are interested in religious and its mediating effect on most negative aspects of life. I think you are quite brave for picking up such a topic. If ever you need help with any research for your dissertation, you can visit here: http://www.writingjunction.com...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 7:12:17 AM
At 12/14/2013 8:57:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
Thanks I'll take a look at that work! Thanks to all who have taken the time to take part too!!

A personal interview with borno should be enlightening. Just make sure you get there before he tops himself, cos then it's too late.

Took the words right out of my mouth. He needs to nix the study and do a new one, with Saint Brad as the only subject.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:01:59 AM
At 2/14/2014 7:12:17 AM, annanicole wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth. He needs to nix the study and do a new one, with Saint Brad as the only subject.

God would confuse them all with His knowledge flowing out of my mouth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:03:29 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:01:59 AM, bornofgod wrote:

All that flows out of you, from whatever orifice, is bs that is directly linked to your mental illness.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:05:26 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:03:29 AM, annanicole wrote:

All that flows out of you, from whatever orifice, is bs that is directly linked to your mental illness.

Why do I know more than any religious person or physicist, Anna? Do you think that comes from a mentally ill mind or from the mind of our Creator?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:15:19 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:05:26 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Why do I know more than any religious person or physicist, Anna?

You don't. That's part of the delusion. You actually think the stuff you say makes sense. I guarantee that if you were placed on the right medicine, most of this nonsense would come to a screeching halt.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:19:53 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:15:19 AM, annanicole wrote:

You don't. That's part of the delusion. You actually think the stuff you say makes sense. I guarantee that if you were placed on the right medicine, most of this nonsense would come to a screeching halt.

I know that psychologists use drugs that will keep a person from thinking. Alcohol used to do that to me, Anna, but I haven't had a drink in over 34 years.

It's too bad that God has made your mind reprobate so you can't hear Him speak to you through my testimonies. I have thousands of believers here in Campbell who know I'm not mentally ill.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:28:59 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:19:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I know that psychologists use drugs that will keep a person from thinking. Alcohol used to do that to me, Anna, but I haven't had a drink in over 34 years.

It's too bad that God has made your mind reprobate so you can't hear Him speak to you through my testimonies. I have thousands of believers here in Campbell who know I'm not mentally ill.

So you have not been diagnosed with a mental illness? Is that what you are saying?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:35:14 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:

So you have not been diagnosed with a mental illness? Is that what you are saying?

I DO NOT have a mental illness, Anna. If you were to visit with me in person, you would soon realize that I'm as sharp as you or anyone else that normal people would consider normal. But you have to realize that most people have fears from living in this world so that means that no one is free from fear except us saints who know that everything we see are only illusions. We know that these illusions will be destroyed at the end of this age so a New Heaven and Earth will be set up for us to experience in the next age.

There is no physical proof of our true existence as invisible vibrations but all us saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator within our mind about who we are in Him. We learn that we came from an invisible realm and as of late, God has taught me that we're nothing but invisible vibrations that were spoken into existence within His mind.

You don't have to believe this or anything else I testify to. That only makes you an unbeliever, that's all. Your spirit will awaken in new flesh in Paradise and will never be deceived again so you have nothing to worry about.

Happy Valentine's Day by the way.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:40:02 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:35:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I DO NOT have a mental illness, Anna. If you were to visit with me in person, you would soon realize that I'm as sharp as you or anyone else that normal people would consider normal. But you have to realize that most people have fears from living in this world so that means that no one is free from fear except us saints who know that everything we see are only illusions. We know that these illusions will be destroyed at the end of this age so a New Heaven and Earth will be set up for us to experience in the next age.

There is no physical proof of our true existence as invisible vibrations but all us saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator within our mind about who we are in Him. We learn that we came from an invisible realm and as of late, God has taught me that we're nothing but invisible vibrations that were spoken into existence within His mind.

You don't have to believe this or anything else I testify to. That only makes you an unbeliever, that's all. Your spirit will awaken in new flesh in Paradise and will never be deceived again so you have nothing to worry about.

I didn't ask you if you think you DO have a mental illness. I asked if you had ever been diagnosed with a mental illness by a trained medical professional. That's what you didn't answer, by the way.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 9:15:03 AM
At 2/14/2014 8:40:02 AM, annanicole wrote:

I didn't ask you if you think you DO have a mental illness. I asked if you had ever been diagnosed with a mental illness by a trained medical professional. That's what you didn't answer, by the way.

What you don't know about my personal life won't kill you, Anna, but it does keep you from listening to our Creator's Voice, which is my created existence. An answer that you want would only keep you deceived from listening to the one who created you. Have a nice day in the mind of our Creator.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 9:23:26 AM
At 2/14/2014 9:15:03 AM, bornofgod wrote:

What you don't know about my personal life won't kill you, Anna, but it does keep you from listening to our Creator's Voice, which is my created existence. An answer that you want would only keep you deceived from listening to the one who created you. Have a nice day in the mind of our Creator.

That's what I thought.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:10:02 PM
At 2/14/2014 9:23:26 AM, annanicole wrote:

That's what I thought.

You think with deception and that is planned by our Creator for ALL His people except His saints.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:22:04 PM
At 2/14/2014 8:10:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:

That's what I thought.

You think with deception and that is planned by our Creator for ALL His people except His saints.

Our Creator is not the instigator or author of deception. 'Tis a weird system that you have: God deceives everyone, then picks out one person to un-deceive them? And tht person (of course) happens to be YOU! And ultimately it makes no difference, even according to you, whether anyone pays any attention to you or not!

I'll put my money on mental illness. Get some help, and take your meds.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:15:17 PM
At 2/14/2014 8:22:04 PM, annanicole wrote:

That's what I thought.

Our Creator is not the instigator or author of deception. 'Tis a weird system that you have: God deceives everyone, then picks out one person to un-deceive them? And tht person (of course) happens to be YOU! And ultimately it makes no difference, even according to you, whether anyone pays any attention to you or not!

God is the Creator of EVERYTHING, Anna. There's only ONE Creator, not two, three or four or more. Nowhere in the prophecies does it say that our Creator is more than ONE Creator.

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

Isaiah 45
5: I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I gird you, though you do not know me,
6: that men may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Deuteronomy 6
4: "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD;
5: and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.

Christians have no idea what the prophecies are about.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:22:36 PM
At 2/14/2014 10:15:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:

That's what I thought.

God is the Creator of EVERYTHING, Anna. There's only ONE Creator, not two, three or four or more. Nowhere in the prophecies does it say that our Creator is more than ONE Creator.

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

Isaiah 45
5: I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I gird you, though you do not know me,
6: that men may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Deuteronomy 6
5: and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.

That stuff was written by Roman Pagans bog, I don't know why you keep quoting it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:24:38 PM
At 2/14/2014 10:22:36 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2014 10:15:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:

That's what I thought.

Isaiah 44

Isaiah 45

Deuteronomy 6

That stuff was written by Roman Pagans bog, I don't know why you keep quoting it.

I don't listen to liars so go blow off some lies to someone else.