Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

It's illogical for atheists to be pro-gay

Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 12:23:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

Why?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 12:44:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

Population control is necessary for sustainable living. If there are too many people on the planet; nobody survives! This is why things like abortion, homosexuality, euthanasia are good for our long term survival.

Here is what a homosexual had to say about it:

"We preserve the species. We are conservation realized. We provide nature's ... restraint ... on procreative extravagance. We keep human production from becoming ... overproduction ... pollution ... destruction unbridled. We keep the human race from becoming ... an obscene cosmic joke." - G. Roger Denson

I even did a debate on this:

Homosexuals Are An Asset To The Overall Thriving Of The Human Species

http://www.debate.org...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:36:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

Whether or not something has a use in survivability has absolutely nothing to do with atheism.

You are looking to attack evolutionism, not atheism, and even then there are theorized uses for homosexuality within evolution.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 3:02:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Something else that I would like to add is that being an atheist does not mean that one has to understand the process of evolution. Additionally, understanding how evolution works does not make it necessary for one to 'hate' challenges to current theories that attempt to explain the 'inner workings' of this process.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Measure
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 2:16:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

Hate the sin! God also sent out messengers to warn the people, but they would not have any of it. They got to choose. Was it moral to try to take strangers and rape them.
The ones that were sent to save them they wanted to take by force and to rape. Who could be safe! The cry of that city came into God's hear. And HE sent HIS messengers to check it out. They wanted to rape the angels! Gen18
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 8:58:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/21/2013 2:16:45 PM, Measure wrote:
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

Hate the sin!

Let's not mince words here: Christians use this story to justify destroying the lives of gays.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk...
http://www.cnn.com...

You should be ashamed of yourself for taking the anti-gay/religious position in this debate.

God also sent out messengers to warn the people, but they would not have any of it. They got to choose. Was it moral to try to take strangers and rape them.

The ones that were sent to save them they wanted to take by force and to rape. Who could be safe! The cry of that city came into God's hear. And HE sent HIS messengers to check it out. They wanted to rape the angels! Gen18

What the hell are you talking about. None of this happened; it's mythology.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 9:03:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

To start... Christians don't hate gays. That's a stupid lie fornicated by militant atheists, and supported by only a few bad Christians.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
2-D
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 9:09:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/21/2013 2:16:45 PM, Measure wrote:
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

Hate the sin! God also sent out messengers to warn the people, but they would not have any of it. They got to choose. Was it moral to try to take strangers and rape them.
The ones that were sent to save them they wanted to take by force and to rape. Who could be safe! The cry of that city came into God's hear. And HE sent HIS messengers to check it out. They wanted to rape the angels! Gen18

Why did God have to send his messengers to check it out? I thought he was omniscient.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 9:33:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

I hate gays?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Jingram994
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 9:39:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

What a ridiculous statement. First of all, you are conflating 'lack of belief in God' with the scientific theory of evolution, which *everyone* with more than twenty brain cells understands is factual, theist or not. Just because some fundamentalist don't understand how 'science' (aka logic being applied empirically to reality) can coexist with their religion, doesn't mean the two are 'at odds'. If a 'holy book' and actual observations on reality disagree, it is flagrantly obvious that said 'holy book' is wrong. Most theists understand this.

You then go on to make the bare-assertion that homosexuality is a 'negative trait' when it comes to gene survivability, with nothing to back you up or prove that this is the case.
First of all, homosexuality is not a 'genetic trait', nor is it a 'choice'. Homosexuality is caused by numerous epigenetic and 'environmental' (as in, in the womb, not actual exterior environment) factors, so regardless of 'survivability' homosexuality is still always going to be a factor in reality in complex species.
Secondly, over 1500 separate species show clear signs of homosexuality, or having exclusively homosexual individuals, and these species are doing just fine, as are the homosexual individuals and their genetic relatives. Homosexuality actually provides numerous benefits in nature for the 'survival' of the homosexual's genes, in the form of the genes of relatives, because homosexual individuals in nature actually increase the odds of their genetic relatives breeding and raising offspring successfully.

So, in short, your primary argument that conflates atheism with evolution is simply complete crap, and your further argument that homosexuality is a 'negative genetic trait' is simply incorrect. Checkmate nothing, you just lost the game.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 9:49:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

Oh and thinking it. Good one god you got them f4gs comin' and goin'.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 10:08:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/21/2013 9:33:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

I hate gays?

Are you in disagreement with the creator of the universe regarding the abominable nature of homosexuals and that they should be put to death? (Lev.20:13)
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 9:28:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
From this point on I am going to replace "Ancient Aliens" with "God" in my discussions about the origin of life on this planet even though there will be no difference in my mind. But it will get rid of the "giant spaghetti monster quagmire" that ends all debate about a possibility of intelligent design and all other unresolved issues be it social or scientific. People are to hypersensitive to the term god, all it it does is lead to unwarranted character assassination even though the assassin's look to people who believe in god to work in their shops and businesses and even allow them into their homes. It seams illogical to employ anyone who believes in god or allow them to hold any kind of public office as they are are mentally insane and delusional. Quite frankly anyone who believes in god should be slaves to the secularist's.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 12:56:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/21/2013 10:08:39 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:33:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

I hate gays?

Are you in disagreement with the creator of the universe regarding the abominable nature of homosexuals and that they should be put to death? (Lev.20:13)

No, cuz God doesn't hate gays, and I don't share the implict view of divine inspiration of the bible you are assuming in order to ask me that question...

Plus you are missing a lot of context on that verse...just like a lot of conservative christians do.

I'm actually quite fine with gays, kthx.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 12:58:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 12:56:37 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/21/2013 10:08:39 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:33:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

I hate gays?

Are you in disagreement with the creator of the universe regarding the abominable nature of homosexuals and that they should be put to death? (Lev.20:13)

No, cuz God doesn't hate gays, and I don't share the implict view of divine inspiration of the bible you are assuming in order to ask me that question...

Plus you are missing a lot of context on that verse...just like a lot of conservative christians do.

I'm actually quite fine with gays, kthx.

Plus, if I am not mistaken, Jesus didn't say anything against homosexuality.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 1:03:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/21/2013 10:08:39 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:33:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/20/2013 4:16:05 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 12/20/2013 8:40:36 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Homosexuality is a negative trait in the survival of the genome. Therefore, atheists should hate gays as much as us Christians allegedly do.

Check mate, atheists.

It sounds like you are describing natural law theorists; not atheists - though hate wouldn't enter into it.

Christians hate gays because their god killed the inhabitants of Sadom and Gommorra allegedly on account of their homosexuality. This gives them the ability to indulge their irrational bigotry while calling it moral.

I hate gays?

Are you in disagreement with the creator of the universe regarding the abominable nature of homosexuals and that they should be put to death? (Lev.20:13)

Also, the sin of sodom and gomorrah was excess and refusing to help the poor. Plus the threat of rape.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 5:00:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?

"joy in heaven over one sinner who repents" This is really no different than screwing people over in this life and having no remorse. The wisdom applies whether you believe in God or not, which I don't care if you do or not. We will all get sorted out when we die and we will all see who's wisdom was true and who's was self serving.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 5:27:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 5:00:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?

"joy in heaven over one sinner who repents" This is really no different than screwing people over in this life and having no remorse. The wisdom applies whether you believe in God or not, which I don't care if you do or not. We will all get sorted out when we die and we will all see who's wisdom was true and who's was self serving.

No, I mean, where does Jesus say that homosexuality is a sin?
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 5:48:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 5:27:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:00:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?

"joy in heaven over one sinner who repents" This is really no different than screwing people over in this life and having no remorse. The wisdom applies whether you believe in God or not, which I don't care if you do or not. We will all get sorted out when we die and we will all see who's wisdom was true and who's was self serving.

No, I mean, where does Jesus say that homosexuality is a sin?

He never says anything about homosexuality, it is a given that it is a sin as spelled out in verse. So I guess what your driving at, is if Jesus didn't address every single sin with a quote those not quoted are open to interpretation. Interpret away, no skin off my nose, but maybe yours. I am not going to play devils advocate with Jesus and his quotes or lack there of. All sins are spelled out regardless of whether Jesus addressed them all with a quote. "All" sins will be forgiven if one repents. If that isn't enough for you, that's your problem, It's as clear as day to me, no confusion what so ever, whether I believe in God or not.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 5:53:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 5:48:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:27:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:00:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?

"joy in heaven over one sinner who repents" This is really no different than screwing people over in this life and having no remorse. The wisdom applies whether you believe in God or not, which I don't care if you do or not. We will all get sorted out when we die and we will all see who's wisdom was true and who's was self serving.

No, I mean, where does Jesus say that homosexuality is a sin?

He never says anything about homosexuality, it is a given that it is a sin as spelled out in verse. So I guess what your driving at, is if Jesus didn't address every single sin with a quote those not quoted are open to interpretation. Interpret away, no skin off my nose, but maybe yours. I am not going to play devils advocate with Jesus and his quotes or lack there of. All sins are spelled out regardless of whether Jesus addressed them all with a quote. "All" sins will be forgiven if one repents. If that isn't enough for you, that's your problem, It's as clear as day to me, no confusion what so ever, whether I believe in God or not.

Jesus never said anything about sucking donkey dcks either.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 5:59:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 5:48:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:27:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:00:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?

"joy in heaven over one sinner who repents" This is really no different than screwing people over in this life and having no remorse. The wisdom applies whether you believe in God or not, which I don't care if you do or not. We will all get sorted out when we die and we will all see who's wisdom was true and who's was self serving.

No, I mean, where does Jesus say that homosexuality is a sin?

He never says anything about homosexuality, it is a given that it is a sin as spelled out in verse. So I guess what your driving at, is if Jesus didn't address every single sin with a quote those not quoted are open to interpretation. Interpret away, no skin off my nose, but maybe yours. I am not going to play devils advocate with Jesus and his quotes or lack there of. All sins are spelled out regardless of whether Jesus addressed them all with a quote. "All" sins will be forgiven if one repents. If that isn't enough for you, that's your problem, It's as clear as day to me, no confusion what so ever, whether I believe in God or not.

"It is a given that it is a sin as spelled out in verse"

Didn't Jesus do away with the old law?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 6:00:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 5:53:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:48:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:27:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:00:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?

"joy in heaven over one sinner who repents" This is really no different than screwing people over in this life and having no remorse. The wisdom applies whether you believe in God or not, which I don't care if you do or not. We will all get sorted out when we die and we will all see who's wisdom was true and who's was self serving.

No, I mean, where does Jesus say that homosexuality is a sin?

He never says anything about homosexuality, it is a given that it is a sin as spelled out in verse. So I guess what your driving at, is if Jesus didn't address every single sin with a quote those not quoted are open to interpretation. Interpret away, no skin off my nose, but maybe yours. I am not going to play devils advocate with Jesus and his quotes or lack there of. All sins are spelled out regardless of whether Jesus addressed them all with a quote. "All" sins will be forgiven if one repents. If that isn't enough for you, that's your problem, It's as clear as day to me, no confusion what so ever, whether I believe in God or not.

Jesus never said anything about sucking donkey dcks either.

The video I posted is interesting, and rebuts bible-based arguments against homosexuality and says that homosexuality is not a sin.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 6:06:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 5:59:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:48:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:27:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/22/2013 5:00:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/22/2013 1:00:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/21/2013 9:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/20/2013 12:52:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It's actually illogical for Christians to be anti-gay, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, and did away with the old law, right?

Neither the Bible or Jesus condemned people for having homosexual tendencies. The Bible and Jesus condemns acting on those tendencies. It is the sin that is condemned not the sinner. Unless of course one willfully and knowingly continues to sin unrepentantly

What did Jesus say about this exactly?

"joy in heaven over one sinner who repents" This is really no different than screwing people over in this life and having no remorse. The wisdom applies whether you believe in God or not, which I don't care if you do or not. We will all get sorted out when we die and we will all see who's wisdom was true and who's was self serving.

No, I mean, where does Jesus say that homosexuality is a sin?

He never says anything about homosexuality, it is a given that it is a sin as spelled out in verse. So I guess what your driving at, is if Jesus didn't address every single sin with a quote those not quoted are open to interpretation. Interpret away, no skin off my nose, but maybe yours. I am not going to play devils advocate with Jesus and his quotes or lack there of. All sins are spelled out regardless of whether Jesus addressed them all with a quote. "All" sins will be forgiven if one repents. If that isn't enough for you, that's your problem, It's as clear as day to me, no confusion what so ever, whether I believe in God or not.

"It is a given that it is a sin as spelled out in verse"

Didn't Jesus do away with the old law?



I already said I was not going to play devils advocate, If you don't want to believe in God then don't. You don't seek to know God you seek to destroy the faith in God. It is obvious. Conversing with you about God is pointless as you see God as pointless and what could be more pointless than arguing pointlessness with someone who wants to make the argument of pointlessness.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%