Jump to topic:

Jesus and Homosexuality

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 7:56:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
(Speaking strictly from a christian's point of view during the last paragraph.) I hear people bring up how Jesus never once mentioned Homosexuality, and use this as an argument that it's not a sin.

The problem with that is that it completely ignores simple logic. Everything in the Old Testament is true until Jesus changes it. If Jesus didn't mention it, it obviously means one of two things (or both...)

A) It doesn't need changing/ it's still relevant.
B) People needed to be reminded.

Jesus didn't often say things unless he was changing the rules according to the new setup, or if he was reminding everyone about it's true meaning (hint why he didn't have to remind people that murder was a no no). This explains why Paul often brought it up. Jesus stayed in that general area, and the Jew's easily understood what the text said about homosexuality. Paul had to write to more Greek and Roman crowds who didn't.

The Old Testament was very specific about Homosexuality, and if Jesus didn't mention it, it's because it was still relevant and understood. The New Testament continued to speak of it, and everyone knows about how God poured fountains of divine writing out of Paul... Everything Paul said was god-given, and he wrote about it in numerous books.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 11:11:28 PM
At 12/21/2013 7:56:54 PM, donald.keller wrote:
(Speaking strictly from a christian's point of view during the last paragraph.) I hear people bring up how Jesus never once mentioned Homosexuality, and use this as an argument that it's not a sin.

The problem with that is that it completely ignores simple logic. Everything in the Old Testament is true until Jesus changes it. If Jesus didn't mention it, it obviously means one of two things (or both...)

Jesus didn't often say things unless he was changing the rules according to the new setup, or if he was reminding everyone about it's true meaning (hint why he didn't have to remind people that murder was a no no). This explains why Paul often brought it up. Jesus stayed in that general area, and the Jew's easily understood what the text said about homosexuality. Paul had to write to more Greek and Roman crowds who didn't.

The Old Testament was very specific about Homosexuality, and if Jesus didn't mention it, it's because it was still relevant and understood. The New Testament continued to speak of it, and everyone knows about how God poured fountains of divine writing out of Paul... Everything Paul said was god-given, and he wrote about it in numerous books.

According to paul.
James.Price
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 12:47:32 AM
So the argument is that Jesus did not mention homoamory because he saw no reason to molest the commands that he gave in the Old Testament?

Let us study the things that Yahweh cum Jesus said in the Old Testament.

1. Touching a pig or eating bacon is banned by the same writers who banned gay sex.
Leviticus 11:7-8

2. Having a tattoo is forbidden. Thus sayeth the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

3. Jesus demands that we kill our children, should they "curseth."
Exodus 21:17

4. The bible commands that we never remarry.
Mark 10:11-12

5. The LORD states that we must kill those who work weekends.
Exodus 31:14-15

6. Women must never speak in church. This defileth the LORD thy God.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

7. Men lying with men as they do with women is an abomination unto you. So is shrimp cocktail. Another abomination is lobster. Crab legs... also an abomination.
Leviticus 10-11
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 4:18:48 AM
The biblical jebus was definitely homosexual and promoted its abominations -

e.g. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. (Luke 6:31) ESV Story book

The J.ws also promote Homosexual promiscuity -

"Also, just as YOU want men to do to YOU, do the same way to them. (Luke 6:31) KIT Story book

MCB wants to get back in to the J.ws and he has already stated that " One mouth is as good as any " (re: Oral Sex) so readers best keep their butts back against the wall when MCB & his J.w sinning associates approach!
Chase200mph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 8:58:57 AM

Answer: Question, would you really worry about what is sin enough to go to a guy who raped his own 12 year old mother?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 9:00:10 AM
I once masturbated and blew my load on the face of one of those statues of Jesus at Church.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 12:04:18 PM
At 12/22/2013 9:00:10 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I once masturbated and blew my load on the face of one of those statues of Jesus at Church.

*tips fedora*
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 12:15:38 PM
"Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.""

Gay sex = okay according to Jesus....
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 1:02:26 PM
At 12/22/2013 12:04:18 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 12/22/2013 9:00:10 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

*tips fedora*

I think you are a good troll.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 1:14:31 PM
At 12/22/2013 12:47:32 AM, James.Price wrote:
So the argument is that Jesus did not mention homoamory because he saw no reason to molest the commands that he gave in the Old Testament?

1. Touching a pig or eating bacon is banned by the same writers who banned gay sex.

7. Men lying with men as they do with women is an abomination unto you. So is shrimp cocktail. Another abomination is lobster. Crab legs... also an abomination.
Leviticus 10-11

Yes yes... The Old Testament had many restrictions... We found many to be lifted after the Death of Jesus (a game changing act.) The one thing that never changed was the Bibles opinion of Gay Marriage.

"And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." Romans 1:27

I noticed most of your examples where about eating "dirty" foods. The New Testament had a very important part of it the where we see the rule overturned (Acts 1). Unlike Homosexuality, which was never overturned, and carried on throughout the New Testament.

That's the difference... Jesus never overturned the rules on Homosexuality, nor did any other divine entity. The rules on eating pig and other meats did get overturned by a divine entity. This is like watching the 4th Harry Potter movie, and assuming the rules about earning points no long exist because you don't hear about it anymore.

Until a quote from the New Testament can be presented that overturns the rule from the Old Testament, you must assume the rule simply didn't change.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 1:16:01 PM
At 12/21/2013 11:11:28 PM, bulproof wrote:

According to paul.

Restating this quote of mine... "(Speaking strictly from a christian's point of view during the last paragraph.)"

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
James.Price
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 8:39:42 PM
At 12/22/2013 1:14:31 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Leviticus 10-11

Yes yes... The Old Testament had many restrictions... We found many to be lifted after the Death of Jesus (a game changing act.) The one thing that never changed was the Bibles opinion of Gay Marriage.

"And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." Romans 1:27

I noticed most of your examples where about eating "dirty" foods. The New Testament had a very important part of it the where we see the rule overturned (Acts 1). Unlike Homosexuality, which was never overturned, and carried on throughout the New Testament.

That's the difference... Jesus never overturned the rules on Homosexuality, nor did any other divine entity. The rules on eating pig and other meats did get overturned by a divine entity. This is like watching the 4th Harry Potter movie, and assuming the rules about earning points no long exist because you don't hear about it anymore.

Until a quote from the New Testament can be presented that overturns the rule from the Old Testament, you must assume the rule simply didn't change.

You want a quote where Jesus overturns the Old Testament rules. I doubt that you will have much luck; Jesus repeatedly made clear that his mission was not to change the Old Laws, but to uphold them.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill."
-Matthew 5:17

This, of course means that Jesus considers eating crab salad to be an abomination along with homosexual sex. (See above.)

Another Old Testament Law that Jesus supported with all his might is the divine command that we kill the kids for "cursething."

Spaketh the LORD:

"For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
-Mat 15:1-9

I suspect that you have found compelling reasons for ignoring the clear words of scripture...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 3:34:19 AM
Everything Paul said was god-given, and he wrote about it in numerous books.

According to paul.

I suppose we should just take pauls word for it................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 2:02:18 PM
At 12/24/2013 3:34:19 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

According to paul.

If a man spends three years of his life sleeping with twelve other men every night, does that say something about his sexuality?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:44:31 AM
First of all, stop attacking the Bible unless you're going to follow up by an attack on the Quran or something like that. That being said, I'll speak up.
Jesus did not personally mention homosexuality. The reason for this is that Jesus was sent to the Jews. Others had the responsibility of carrying the Gospel to the Gentiles. There were very few, if any, gay Jews at the time. The Jews were so strict about the law that you couldn't do squat on the Sabbath. Therefore, it would've been pointless for Jesus to bring the subject up. However, as I mentioned on another forum, the issue was brought up later on in the New Testament.
All of the New Testament, not just the four Gospels, is canon. If somebody else brought up the subject and denounced homosexuality, then it is clearly a sin according to the Bible.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:50:41 AM

Jesus did NOT change anything. God used the flesh called saints to reveal His hidden knowledge and testify to it. From these testimonies of ours ( including the flesh of a saint that's writing this testimony ), you can learn about the past, present and future but only if you were chosen as a believer to listen to our Creator speak through us.

We saints don't change the fact that God planned a strong delusion called the Old Covenant "veil" that has blinded His created men from His hidden knowledge. This "veil" is removed from us saints so that we learn who we are in the mind of our Creator. Saint Jesus and Paul were given the same knowledge as I have today but God has more ways ( modern technology ) to help me understand how He created us. Now we know that we're made of invisible energy spoken into existence through our created existence called the Word of God.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 6:01:54 PM
At 12/24/2013 2:02:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/24/2013 3:34:19 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

According to paul.

If a man spends three years of his life sleeping with twelve other men every night, does that say something about his sexuality?

If a man spends four years of his life in a college dorm sleeping with another man, does that say something about his sexuality? and the sexuality of all college students?
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 6:46:35 PM
" I hear people bring up how Jesus never once mentioned Homosexuality, and use this as an argument that it's not a sin.

Jesus never said anything about sucking donkey dcks either
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 8:50:41 AM

The point is that Jesus condemned all forms of fornication, of which homosexuality is just one, so whatever angle you look at it from, homosexuality is out for practising Christians, and since the only Christian is a practising Christian, and one teaching and practising what Christ and the Apostles taught that cuts the number of those who Christ will count as Christian down very dramatically indeed.

Matthew 7:21-23:
21 "Not everyone saying to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?" 23 And then I will declare to them: "I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!"
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:11:17 AM
At 12/22/2013 1:14:31 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Leviticus 10-11

Nothing changed in this world once God began using the flesh of us saints to let us know who we are and what our future is. He lets us saints know that nothing will change until this world is destroyed and ALL the flesh has perished from this earth. This is because no flesh could obey the commandments of God. Only the spirit of us saints could obey Him and force our flesh to abide by the spirit to write and speak testimonies from our created existence, known as the Word of God.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 6:11:44 AM
At 12/25/2013 6:46:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
" I hear people bring up how Jesus never once mentioned Homosexuality, and use this as an argument that it's not a sin.

You can continue to enjoy that pastime, it's not a sin.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 6:13:46 AM
At 12/26/2013 8:50:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The point is that Jesus condemned all forms of fornication, of which homosexuality is just one, so whatever angle you look at it from, homosexuality is out for practising Christians, and since the only Christian is a practising Christian, and one teaching and practising what Christ and the Apostles taught that cuts the number of those who Christ will count as Christian down very dramatically indeed.

21 "Not everyone saying to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?" 23 And then I will declare to them: "I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!"
Hey numb nuts, show us where fornication is mentioned in that passage.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:12:49 AM
At 12/27/2013 6:13:46 AM, bulproof wrote:

Did I suggest that it was? No, I didn't.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:38:46 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:12:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Yes you did in your first para, but you are far to stupid to understand. Poor deluded little scaredy cat.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:43:29 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:38:46 AM, bulproof wrote:

Yes you did in your first para, but you are far to stupid to understand. Poor deluded little scaredy cat.

I wondered where you had gone wrong.

The scripture refers to the part of that paragraph which reads "since the only Christian is a practising Christian, and one teaching and practising what Christ and the Apostles taught that cuts the number of those who Christ will count as Christian down very dramatically indeed."

You definitely need lessons in comprehension.

I have nothing to be scared of, unlike you who has everything to be scared of, even if you don;t recognise it yet. You will one day.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:52:47 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:43:29 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The scripture refers to the part of that paragraph which reads "since the only Christian is a practising Christian, and one teaching and practising what Christ and the Apostles taught that cuts the number of those who Christ will count as Christian down very dramatically indeed."

I have nothing to be scared of, unlike you who has everything to be scared of, even if you don;t recognise it yet. You will one day.
Here's the thing madman I will not ever recognise it.

Hell would be living forever with jehovians and their psychopathic god.

I have only to be scared of that horror.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 9:04:21 AM
At 12/27/2013 6:11:44 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/25/2013 6:46:35 PM, sadolite wrote:

You can continue to enjoy that pastime, it's not a sin.

Zing!! walked right into that didn't I
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 9:19:14 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:52:47 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/27/2013 8:43:29 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Here's the thing madman I will not ever recognise it.

Hell would be living forever with jehovians and their psychopathic god.

I have only to be scared of that horror.

Which all goes to show that you have no idea what it will be like, or come to that what God is like.

Talk about judging in ignorance..

You know what they say about "a little knowledge so a dangerous thing" you have such incomplete knowledge that you judge only on the bits that appear to be negative without any idea of the Positive. You judge that apparent actions without knowing the actual reasons.

Are you what used to be called a "peacnik", that's about the only half baked excuse you can have for your ignorant beliefs.
TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 10:03:05 AM

Jesus definitely did not support homosexuality.

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone." Matthew 15:19-20 (ESV)

Jesus condemns "adultery," and says that it defiles a person. Adultery is defined as any sexual activity for someone who is married with a person who is not their spouse.

He answered, "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"? Matthew 19:4-5

Jesus affirms the role of man and wife in marriage.

If Jesus affirmed that marriage was only between a man and a woman, which he does in Matthew 19, then he absolutely does not affirm homosexual activity. That in addition to his statements that affirm the Law of Moses, confirm that Jesus absolutely did not support homosexuality.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 11:52:35 AM
At 12/27/2013 10:03:05 AM, TrueScotsman wrote:

Jesus definitely did not support homosexuality.

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone." Matthew 15:19-20 (ESV)

Jesus condemns "adultery," and says that it defiles a person. Adultery is defined as any sexual activity for someone who is married with a person who is not their spouse.

He answered, "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"? Matthew 19:4-5

Jesus affirms the role of man and wife in marriage.

If Jesus affirmed that marriage was only between a man and a woman, which he does in Matthew 19, then he absolutely does not affirm homosexual activity. That in addition to his statements that affirm the Law of Moses, confirm that Jesus absolutely did not support homosexuality.

Especially since fornication, which is also condemned, means all sexual activity outside of the marriage arrangement .

If you can't be married scripturally, and only a man and woman can, then sex is taboo.

Also, since the Apostles also taught what Christ taught, then homosexuality is out.

1 Timothy 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God"s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God"s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

However notice that some of those he was talking to were amongst those banned categories, but had been cleansed by turning their backs on their former course of life, and followed Christ.

There is always hope for those who take control of their bodies, rather than letting their bodies control them.