Total Posts:179|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is the right religion?

superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:52:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...
There isn't one. Good luck in your search. Hope you "choose wisely".
Hope you don't mind the Indiana Jones quote I threw in there.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 6:35:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...

That's like asking what's the best shoe-size. The best is the one that fits you and helps you get to where you are going.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 3:04:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...

All religions were created by God to deceive man from the Truth. He used Christianity to teach building techniques that were passed on to the Vatican by the Roman government as their empire was coming to an end. The Vatican and Roman Catholic Church did a much better job of teaching the rest of the world how to build things with human hands, which is what God's plan called the beast is all about.
eNo
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.
"Scholarly opinion, even well informed scholarly opinion, is not evidence."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.
eNo
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!
"Scholarly opinion, even well informed scholarly opinion, is not evidence."
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 6:11:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 6:35:36 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...

That's like asking what's the best shoe-size. The best is the one that fits you and helps you get to where you are going.

That was brilliant!
Choose the religion which best suits you! :D
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 7:19:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

eNo where does the bible say "Salvation by Faith ALONE"! Read Mathew 25 first before you reply!

Right off I point to this verse..1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Note the women's faith is NOT alone!!! Childbearing plus faith & love & holiness!
eNo
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 7:42:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 7:19:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

eNo where does the bible say "Salvation by Faith ALONE"! Read Mathew 25 first before you reply!

Right off I point to this verse..1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Note the women's faith is NOT alone!!! Childbearing plus faith & love & holiness!

Ah proof texting... Always a fun game to play.
"Scholarly opinion, even well informed scholarly opinion, is not evidence."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:07:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

I grew up as a Lutheran and now I realize how far from the Truth they were. For one thing, no Christian has ever known what faith means. Only us saints and prophets understand what faith is.
eNo
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 6:28:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 9:07:53 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

I grew up as a Lutheran and now I realize how far from the Truth they were. For one thing, no Christian has ever known what faith means. Only us saints and prophets understand what faith is.

Wait a minute... You mean to tell me that as Christians we don't all believe the exact same thing... And live under total harmony and mutual love throughout history? Holy crap man.... Jesus is gunna be pissed when he gets here!! We should warn people that Christianity is all fragmented and screwy.... In an Internet forum.... And be sure to use a whole bunch of random bible verses.... That should do the trick!!!
"Scholarly opinion, even well informed scholarly opinion, is not evidence."
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 7:03:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.
Written by pagan romans and as usual meaningless.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 8:16:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 6:28:51 AM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 9:07:53 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

I grew up as a Lutheran and now I realize how far from the Truth they were. For one thing, no Christian has ever known what faith means. Only us saints and prophets understand what faith is.


Wait a minute... You mean to tell me that as Christians we don't all believe the exact same thing... And live under total harmony and mutual love throughout history? Holy crap man.... Jesus is gunna be pissed when he gets here!! We should warn people that Christianity is all fragmented and screwy.... In an Internet forum.... And be sure to use a whole bunch of random bible verses.... That should do the trick!!!

All us saints read the prophecies in Daniel for our Creator so that He can interpret them. This is where we learn that a false religion ( feet of iron and clay ) would come out of the fourth earthly kingdom called the Roman Empire and rule the world until the end of this age. The Vatican was used by Rome to change the laws contrary to the laws that us saints speak and from that time on, every Christian has been deceived of the Truth. No Christian obeys the commandments of God because they believe their false god Jesus came to change the law. But this is what was written;

Matthew 5
17: "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
18: For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
19: Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

We saints speak the law of God but Christianity does their own thing contrary to God's law. No Christian has ever obeyed God.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 8:18:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 7:03:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.
Written by pagan romans and as usual meaningless.

You have some great earthly wisdom to share with other disobedient people of God's.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:12:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 7:42:24 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:19:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

eNo where does the bible say "Salvation by Faith ALONE"! Read Mathew 25 first before you reply!

Right off I point to this verse..1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Note the women's faith is NOT alone!!! Childbearing plus faith & love & holiness!

Ah proof texting... Always a fun game to play.
eNo YUP there you go....
I asked a simple question.. Where oh where can I find in the scriptures; "Man is saved by Faith ALONE"!?
Yes I find Faith is important.. No place can I find "Faith ALONE!"

Look...Ephesians 2
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that ....


Ephesians 2 tells us... "We are to do GOOD WORKS!"
It tells us.. "No one can boast because they have been CIRCUMCISED"... Circumcision is a "Works of the Law" which is done in the body by human hands

eNo Yes saved.. been saved, through faith BUT not "ALONE" faith!!! It is the "ALONE" part that has me stumped!!!
whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:15:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 12:27:50 AM, kiryasjoelvillage wrote:
There is no right and wrong religion. It is all people's perspective.

No, I'm pretty confident that the people believing in the flying spaghetti monster are wrong. But maybe I'm just overly skeptical.
whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:37:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 8:16:21 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/8/2014 6:28:51 AM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 9:07:53 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

I grew up as a Lutheran and now I realize how far from the Truth they were. For one thing, no Christian has ever known what faith means. Only us saints and prophets understand what faith is.


Wait a minute... You mean to tell me that as Christians we don't all believe the exact same thing... And live under total harmony and mutual love throughout history? Holy crap man.... Jesus is gunna be pissed when he gets here!! We should warn people that Christianity is all fragmented and screwy.... In an Internet forum.... And be sure to use a whole bunch of random bible verses.... That should do the trick!!!

All us saints read the prophecies in Daniel for our Creator so that He can interpret them. This is where we learn that a false religion ( feet of iron and clay ) would come out of the fourth earthly kingdom called the Roman Empire and rule the world until the end of this age. The Vatican was used by Rome to change the laws contrary to the laws that us saints speak and from that time on, every Christian has been deceived of the Truth. No Christian obeys the commandments of God because they believe their false god Jesus came to change the law. But this is what was written;

Matthew 5
17: "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
18: For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
19: Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

We saints speak the law of God but Christianity does their own thing contrary to God's law. No Christian has ever obeyed God.

Wait, so are you actually claiming to be a saint? Or are you like a latter-day saint Mormon type of deal?
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:38:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...

Religion is nothing more than an ideology or world view. There is no right religion. The right religion is the one that gives you a broader understanding of your existence and your purpose. Hopefully this understanding is enlightenment, compassion for others, love and perspective. The right religion is a belief that will lead you to be a good person in society. A person who contributes to the advancement of humanity as a whole.

This is and will continue to influence lives all over the world through metaphor. It really is that simple. Your life is your story, it is a meta story of your world view, belief or religion by which you are influenced. I use Christianity in my life to accomplish this, however, I also study other very valuable world views. It is like tuning a radio, find one that sounds right to you and discover where it takes you
eNo
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:43:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 11:12:37 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:42:24 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:19:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

eNo where does the bible say "Salvation by Faith ALONE"! Read Mathew 25 first before you reply!

Right off I point to this verse..1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Note the women's faith is NOT alone!!! Childbearing plus faith & love & holiness!

Ah proof texting... Always a fun game to play.
eNo YUP there you go....
I asked a simple question.. Where oh where can I find in the scriptures; "Man is saved by Faith ALONE"!?
Yes I find Faith is important.. No place can I find "Faith ALONE!"

Look...Ephesians 2
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that ....


Ephesians 2 tells us... "We are to do GOOD WORKS!"
It tells us.. "No one can boast because they have been CIRCUMCISED"... Circumcision is a "Works of the Law" which is done in the body by human hands

eNo Yes saved.. been saved, through faith BUT not "ALONE" faith!!! It is the "ALONE" part that has me stumped!!!

Through God all things are possible.
"Scholarly opinion, even well informed scholarly opinion, is not evidence."
whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 12:00:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 11:38:18 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...

Religion is nothing more than an ideology or world view. There is no right religion. The right religion is the one that gives you a broader understanding of your existence and your purpose. Hopefully this understanding is enlightenment, compassion for others, love and perspective. The right religion is a belief that will lead you to be a good person in society. A person who contributes to the advancement of humanity as a whole.

This is and will continue to influence lives all over the world through metaphor. It really is that simple. Your life is your story, it is a meta story of your world view, belief or religion by which you are influenced. I use Christianity in my life to accomplish this, however, I also study other very valuable world views. It is like tuning a radio, find one that sounds right to you and discover where it takes you

So are you using christianity as a philosophy? Because if you take it up as a religion, then by default you are believing in something that by definition denies other religions of being true (eg the bible states that God alone is the true God). I think you are mistaking philosophy for religion here. The two are similar in certain aspects, sure, but they are not the same. Philosophy is grounded by reason, religion by faith alone. That is why religion can be false, because you can justify any belief with faith (eg if I eat monkey brains everyday, and pray to Satan, I will learn the cure for AIDS and cancer and fly up to heaven to slay the spaghetti monster).
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 12:29:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 12:00:45 PM, whatledge wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:38:18 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...

Religion is nothing more than an ideology or world view. There is no right religion. The right religion is the one that gives you a broader understanding of your existence and your purpose. Hopefully this understanding is enlightenment, compassion for others, love and perspective. The right religion is a belief that will lead you to be a good person in society. A person who contributes to the advancement of humanity as a whole.

This is and will continue to influence lives all over the world through metaphor. It really is that simple. Your life is your story, it is a meta story of your world view, belief or religion by which you are influenced. I use Christianity in my life to accomplish this, however, I also study other very valuable world views. It is like tuning a radio, find one that sounds right to you and discover where it takes you

So are you using christianity as a philosophy? Because if you take it up as a religion, then by default you are believing in something that by definition denies other religions of being true (eg the bible states that God alone is the true God). I think you are mistaking philosophy for religion here. The two are similar in certain aspects, sure, but they are not the same. Philosophy is grounded by reason, religion by faith alone. That is why religion can be false, because you can justify any belief with faith (eg if I eat monkey brains everyday, and pray to Satan, I will learn the cure for AIDS and cancer and fly up to heaven to slay the spaghetti monster).

Of course I am, so are you when answering a question about "religion", more appropriately philosophical theology... Seems you either don't like the secular connotation to it because you think perhaps this somehow makes religion less holy or you don't like a religious connotation because you think it defies reason. In either case, this is something you will need to work through on your own as I won't argue or defend it. I think your ideas are immature and intellectually biased. Your understanding of the subject matter stifles the advancement of this thread -- I get it, you want to argue with someone. Perhaps Yahoo Answers will provide you a good platform for this.

Philosophy is NOT grounded by reason alone. Philosophy is the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline. You want to believe in a FSM, be my guest - if that gets you from point A to point B, who I am to say your wrong. If this helps you contribute to the greater good and advancement of humanity. I encourage you to continue believing in this FSM. Just don't judge me and tell me what path I should follow toward meeting this same goal we are all after. That being unity. Am I wrong?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 2:24:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 11:43:32 AM, eNo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:12:37 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:42:24 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:19:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

eNo where does the bible say "Salvation by Faith ALONE"! Read Mathew 25 first before you reply!

Right off I point to this verse..1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Note the women's faith is NOT alone!!! Childbearing plus faith & love & holiness!

Ah proof texting... Always a fun game to play.
eNo YUP there you go....
I asked a simple question.. Where oh where can I find in the scriptures; "Man is saved by Faith ALONE"!?
Yes I find Faith is important.. No place can I find "Faith ALONE!"

Look...Ephesians 2
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that ....


Ephesians 2 tells us... "We are to do GOOD WORKS!"
It tells us.. "No one can boast because they have been CIRCUMCISED"... Circumcision is a "Works of the Law" which is done in the body by human hands

eNo Yes saved.. been saved, through faith BUT not "ALONE" faith!!! It is the "ALONE" part that has me stumped!!!

Through God all things are possible.
eNo Good reply.... YES ALL THINGS!!
But still I ask where is the teaching; "Faith ALONE saves" found in the bible???

The Sheep in the "Sheep and Goats Parable" are judged at the end times judgement as "RIGHTEOUS"! They go to heaven because they "GIVE"!!
Giving from the heart is NOT working! You work for reward or payment! They do NOT expect payment clearly their ACTIONS send them to heaven! Clearly from the words of God> Actions of LOVE SAVE!

LOOK..
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Do you see it?????
DOING RIGHT makes a person RIGHTEOUS! Righteous people are saved!

eNo You say "Faith ALONE"; I ask again; WHERE have you arrived at this UN-biblical idea!? "Faith ALONE saves" is not found in the bible!

LOOK again at the words of God....
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

The Breastplate is made with LOVE! I point out, a man with JUST faith cannot put on the breastplate! Look also at "HOPE" a man with just Faith ALONE has no HOPE of salvation, he cannot put on the helmet!

Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place

eNo Again "The Sheep are RIGHTEOUS" they have Faith & LOVE they can put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! They do NOT have faith ALONE!!! The Goats in the same parable have "Faith ALONE!" (Mathew 25)
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 2:33:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 2:24:33 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:43:32 AM, eNo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:12:37 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:42:24 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:19:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

eNo where does the bible say "Salvation by Faith ALONE"! Read Mathew 25 first before you reply!

Right off I point to this verse..1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Note the women's faith is NOT alone!!! Childbearing plus faith & love & holiness!

Ah proof texting... Always a fun game to play.
eNo YUP there you go....
I asked a simple question.. Where oh where can I find in the scriptures; "Man is saved by Faith ALONE"!?
Yes I find Faith is important.. No place can I find "Faith ALONE!"

Look...Ephesians 2
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that ....


Ephesians 2 tells us... "We are to do GOOD WORKS!"
It tells us.. "No one can boast because they have been CIRCUMCISED"... Circumcision is a "Works of the Law" which is done in the body by human hands

eNo Yes saved.. been saved, through faith BUT not "ALONE" faith!!! It is the "ALONE" part that has me stumped!!!

Through God all things are possible.
eNo Good reply.... YES ALL THINGS!!
But still I ask where is the teaching; "Faith ALONE saves" found in the bible???

The Sheep in the "Sheep and Goats Parable" are judged at the end times judgement as "RIGHTEOUS"! They go to heaven because they "GIVE"!!
Giving from the heart is NOT working! You work for reward or payment! They do NOT expect payment clearly their ACTIONS send them to heaven! Clearly from the words of God> Actions of LOVE SAVE!

LOOK..
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Do you see it?????
DOING RIGHT makes a person RIGHTEOUS! Righteous people are saved!

eNo You say "Faith ALONE"; I ask again; WHERE have you arrived at this UN-biblical idea!? "Faith ALONE saves" is not found in the bible!

LOOK again at the words of God....
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

The Breastplate is made with LOVE! I point out, a man with JUST faith cannot put on the breastplate! Look also at "HOPE" a man with just Faith ALONE has no HOPE of salvation, he cannot put on the helmet!

Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place

eNo Again "The Sheep are RIGHTEOUS" they have Faith & LOVE they can put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! They do NOT have faith ALONE!!! The Goats in the same parable have "Faith ALONE!" (Mathew 25)

Faith alone saves.

Thayer defines faith as "obedience conjoined with joyful trust." Faith, of course, includes love - and there is no need is divorcing the two. Biblical faith in the broader sense, the synecdochal sense, is the entirety of man's response to God.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 3:15:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 2:33:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/8/2014 2:24:33 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:43:32 AM, eNo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:12:37 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:42:24 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:19:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/7/2014 4:27:32 PM, eNo wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:12:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:07:04 PM, eNo wrote:
Ask 5 different people and you'll get 6 different answers.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

The Truth is impossible to find. He only gives His knowledge to those who were created as His servant, which is His invisible knowledge where His creation exists.

Good thing I'm Lutheran and don't have to believe any of that crap....

Salvation through faith alone FTW!!!

eNo where does the bible say "Salvation by Faith ALONE"! Read Mathew 25 first before you reply!

Right off I point to this verse..1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Note the women's faith is NOT alone!!! Childbearing plus faith & love & holiness!

Ah proof texting... Always a fun game to play.
eNo YUP there you go....
I asked a simple question.. Where oh where can I find in the scriptures; "Man is saved by Faith ALONE"!?
Yes I find Faith is important.. No place can I find "Faith ALONE!"

Look...Ephesians 2
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that ....


Ephesians 2 tells us... "We are to do GOOD WORKS!"
It tells us.. "No one can boast because they have been CIRCUMCISED"... Circumcision is a "Works of the Law" which is done in the body by human hands

eNo Yes saved.. been saved, through faith BUT not "ALONE" faith!!! It is the "ALONE" part that has me stumped!!!

Through God all things are possible.
eNo Good reply.... YES ALL THINGS!!
But still I ask where is the teaching; "Faith ALONE saves" found in the bible???

The Sheep in the "Sheep and Goats Parable" are judged at the end times judgement as "RIGHTEOUS"! They go to heaven because they "GIVE"!!
Giving from the heart is NOT working! You work for reward or payment! They do NOT expect payment clearly their ACTIONS send them to heaven! Clearly from the words of God> Actions of LOVE SAVE!

LOOK..
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Do you see it?????
DOING RIGHT makes a person RIGHTEOUS! Righteous people are saved!

eNo You say "Faith ALONE"; I ask again; WHERE have you arrived at this UN-biblical idea!? "Faith ALONE saves" is not found in the bible!

LOOK again at the words of God....
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

The Breastplate is made with LOVE! I point out, a man with JUST faith cannot put on the breastplate! Look also at "HOPE" a man with just Faith ALONE has no HOPE of salvation, he cannot put on the helmet!

Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place

eNo Again "The Sheep are RIGHTEOUS" they have Faith & LOVE they can put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! They do NOT have faith ALONE!!! The Goats in the same parable have "Faith ALONE!" (Mathew 25)

Faith alone saves.

Thayer defines faith as "obedience conjoined with joyful trust." Faith, of course, includes love - and there is no need is divorcing the two. Biblical faith in the broader sense, the synecdochal sense, is the entirety of man's response to God.

All very nice but WRONG!!!!
Faith does NOT include LOVE!!!!
Scriptures tell you....
The BIBLE tells you...
GOD TELLS YOU... There are just the three (3) "Faith Hope & LOVE!"
If they say saved by "Faith ALONE" then it means "Saved by Faith MINUS LOVE and HOPE!"

The Catholic Church has always taught scripture truth... "Saved by GRACE ALONE working out our salvation in Faith and Love"!
God plants his love in our hearts, and we should live out our faith by doing acts of love.
Good works are meritorious.
When we first come to God in faith, we have nothing in our hands to offer him. Then he gives us grace to obey his commandments in love, and he rewards us with salvation when we offer these acts of love back to him (Rom. 2:6"11, Gal. 6:6"10, Matt. 25:34"40).

It was Martin Luther that started this man made TRADITION of; "We do NOT need Church and her SACRAMENTS all we need is Faith ALONE"!
Historical FACT: Martin Luther wanted to take the Epistle of James out of the bible because he knew James pointed at him and said he was WRONG!!
Historical FACT: Martin Luther even ADDED the word "ALONE" to his bible the book of Romans (Romans 3:28) so it would read "saved by faith ALONE"!

annanicole Communion is a SACRAMENT given to man by Jesus himself... "This IS my Body!"
All who eat the flesh of Jesus remain IN Jesus and Jesus remains in them!!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Gods WORDS!!! Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

SCRIPTURES... Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

annanicole The world need the Holy Catholic Church and her SACRAMENTS they need PRIESTS to receive Jesus' sacred gift to us!!!
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 3:32:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anna: Thayer defines faith as "obedience conjoined with joyful trust." Faith, of course, includes love - and there is no need is divorcing the two. Biblical faith in the broader sense, the synecdochal sense, is the entirety of man's response to God.

Dogknox: All very nice but WRONG!!!!
Faith does NOT include LOVE!!!!

Anna: The word faith, or belief (Gr. pistis/pisteuo) can mean everything from merely a "head-nod" to an all-inclusive, umbrella-type devotion.

Are you saying that "obedience cojoined to joyful trust" is NOT a possible definition of pistis/pisteuo?

Could you give us all the possible definitions of pistis/pisteuo to include the whole scope of possible meanings? Even I'd have a tough time doing that: I could try, but I might leave something out. I doubt that you can define it at all.

Dogknox: "The Catholic Church has always taught scripture truth"

Anna: LMAO

Dogknox: "annanicole The world need the Holy Catholic Church"

Anna: Yeah, like it needs another Hitler. The Roman Catholic Church has ever been the enemy of religious freedom, when she is in the majority and has the political clout. The Roman Catholic Church pleads a fine case for religious tolerance, religious freedom when she is in the minority. But flip the card and see how she acts when in total control! You know it as well as I do.

It's a little off-topic, but I'll ask, "Do you endorse the public school system as it has historically existed in the United States?"

"Do you endorse the idea of separation of church and state?"

I think, as a Catholic, you'll have to answer, "No". Certainly so. You want the public to support Catholic parochial schools! If one, for instance, is educated in the public systems of Spain, he is taught reading, writing, arithmetic .... and Catholicism.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 3:38:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 12:29:44 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 1/8/2014 12:00:45 PM, whatledge wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:38:18 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/22/2013 10:31:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Well...

Religion is nothing more than an ideology or world view. There is no right religion. The right religion is the one that gives you a broader understanding of your existence and your purpose. Hopefully this understanding is enlightenment, compassion for others, love and perspective. The right religion is a belief that will lead you to be a good person in society. A person who contributes to the advancement of humanity as a whole.

This is and will continue to influence lives all over the world through metaphor. It really is that simple. Your life is your story, it is a meta story of your world view, belief or religion by which you are influenced. I use Christianity in my life to accomplish this, however, I also study other very valuable world views. It is like tuning a radio, find one that sounds right to you and discover where it takes you

So are you using christianity as a philosophy? Because if you take it up as a religion, then by default you are believing in something that by definition denies other religions of being true (eg the bible states that God alone is the true God). I think you are mistaking philosophy for religion here. The two are similar in certain aspects, sure, but they are not the same. Philosophy is grounded by reason, religion by faith alone. That is why religion can be false, because you can justify any belief with faith (eg if I eat monkey brains everyday, and pray to Satan, I will learn the cure for AIDS and cancer and fly up to heaven to slay the spaghetti monster).

Of course I am, so are you when answering a question about "religion", more appropriately philosophical theology... Seems you either don't like the secular connotation to it because you think perhaps this somehow makes religion less holy or you don't like a religious connotation because you think it defies reason.

Hardly, I am just pointing out the difference between philosophy and religion. The two are not the same.


In either case, this is something you will need to work through on your own as I won't argue or defend it. I think your ideas are immature and intellectually biased. Your understanding of the subject matter stifles the advancement of this thread -- I get it, you want to argue with someone. Perhaps Yahoo Answers will provide you a good platform for this.

Immature and intellectually bias? How so? Because I do not think religion and philosophy are the same thing? You are getting overly defensive over a simple question. And you are the one that started an argument... I was just curious as to how "no religion" is wrong, when clearly it can be. Especially given the context when one religion contradicts all the others. I think you would do well to look in the mirror before making such accusations.


Philosophy is NOT grounded by reason alone. Philosophy is the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

That is false. Philosophy is inherently the pursuit of reason/wisdom, the word itself means the love of wisdom/reason. Sure, "Philosophy is the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline." But how does that in ANY way make it a religion?


You want to believe in a FSM, be my guest - if that gets you from point A to point B, who I am to say your wrong. If this helps you contribute to the greater good and advancement of humanity. I encourage you to continue believing in this FSM. Just don't judge me and tell me what path I should follow toward meeting this same goal we are all after. That being unity. Am I wrong?

I don't know what FSM means, so I can't comment on that. And I didn't judge you, I was just pointing out a contradiction that I saw in your statement and asked for clarification. If you believe in Christianity as a religion, you must inherently believe that other religions (ie hinduism, islam) are false. Instead, you chose to antagonize me and get overly defensive. So yes, you are wrong, as your attitude is clearly not something that is for unity, as you can't even take a simple question without getting needlessly insulted and defensive.