Total Posts:127|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God sucks at communication?

twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

Any successful company such as Cocal-Cola, Apple or Subway have a better PR team than God. These companies clearly communicate there value proposition and brand image. If I send them an message, I will get a response.

The same cannot be said about God. God does not accept tweets, emails, tests, letters or even morse codes. He asks that he fold our hands and "prey". Seems kinda suspect that he only accepts ambiguous messages that do not require a clear response, eh?

Imagine, if God accepted texts, emails ect. He could clearly explain himself to everyone. If you say that prayer is efficient communication, then why does everyone have a different view of God?

It seems that if God exists, he does not care if we know about him.
Kasparov
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 5:33:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

Any successful company such as Cocal-Cola, Apple or Subway have a better PR team than God. These companies clearly communicate there value proposition and brand image. If I send them an message, I will get a response.

The same cannot be said about God. God does not accept tweets, emails, tests, letters or even morse codes. He asks that he fold our hands and "prey". Seems kinda suspect that he only accepts ambiguous messages that do not require a clear response, eh?

Imagine, if God accepted texts, emails ect. He could clearly explain himself to everyone. If you say that prayer is efficient communication, then why does everyone have a different view of God?

It seems that if God exists, he does not care if we know about him.

What if god came down and did "show" himself to us and said. "I do exist, and by the way, everyone is still going to hell. I am an evil god and have been tricking you all this time as only an evil god would."
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 5:36:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

What if god came down and did "show" himself to us and said. "I do exist, and by the way, everyone is still going to hell. I am an evil god and have been tricking you all this time as only an evil god would."

Then would be like "Well, I hope that hell is a nice place. Hopefully the guy who runs it is chill"
dadman
Posts: 272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 5:42:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
well .. here is a good place for you to start ..

GOD / SATAN AND ANGELS . . . . Someone has said that the most important thing about you is what comes to your mind when you think about God . . . It"s true .. What you believe about God has serious .. long-term impact on how you live .. every thought .. word .. action .. and attitude is ultimately a reflection of your beliefs .. right or wrong .. about God and His character . . With so much at stake .. there"s really no more important pursuit than sorting out reality from myth and knowing God for who He really is . . . John MacArthur takes you to the Bible for an accurate .. in-depth portrait of God Himself .. as well as the other powerful inhabitants of the supernatural realm .. Satan .. demons .. and God"s invisible army of holy angels . . . http://dadmansabode.com... .. good luck
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 5:45:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 5:42:58 PM, dadman wrote:
well .. here is a good place for you to start ..

GOD / SATAN AND ANGELS . . . . Someone has said that the most important thing about you is what comes to your mind when you think about God . . . It"s true .. What you believe about God has serious .. long-term impact on how you live .. every thought .. word .. action .. and attitude is ultimately a reflection of your beliefs .. right or wrong .. about God and His character . . With so much at stake .. there"s really no more important pursuit than sorting out reality from myth and knowing God for who He really is . . . John MacArthur takes you to the Bible for an accurate .. in-depth portrait of God Himself .. as well as the other powerful inhabitants of the supernatural realm .. Satan .. demons .. and God"s invisible army of holy angels . . . http://dadmansabode.com... .. good luck

Pray to God, and have him tell you how much change I have in my wallet.

If you guess correctly, I will follow you unswervingly.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 5:49:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 5:42:58 PM, dadman wrote:
well .. here is a good place for you to start ..

GOD / SATAN AND ANGELS . . . . Someone has said that the most important thing about you is what comes to your mind when you think about God . . . It"s true .. What you believe about God has serious .. long-term impact on how you live .. every thought .. word .. action .. and attitude is ultimately a reflection of your beliefs .. right or wrong .. about God and His character . . With so much at stake .. there"s really no more important pursuit than sorting out reality from myth and knowing God for who He really is . . . John MacArthur takes you to the Bible for an accurate .. in-depth portrait of God Himself .. as well as the other powerful inhabitants of the supernatural realm .. Satan .. demons .. and God"s invisible army of holy angels . . . http://dadmansabode.com... .. good luck

I am trying to communicate with God not you. If you are God, please verify yourself.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 5:50:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 5:42:58 PM, dadman wrote:
well .. here is a good place for you to start ..

GOD / SATAN AND ANGELS . . . . Someone has said that the most important thing about you is what comes to your mind when you think about God . . . It"s true .. What you believe about God has serious .. long-term impact on how you live .. every thought .. word .. action .. and attitude is ultimately a reflection of your beliefs .. right or wrong .. about God and His character . . With so much at stake .. there"s really no more important pursuit than sorting out reality from myth and knowing God for who He really is . . . John MacArthur takes you to the Bible for an accurate .. in-depth portrait of God Himself .. as well as the other powerful inhabitants of the supernatural realm .. Satan .. demons .. and God"s invisible army of holy angels . . . http://dadmansabode.com... .. good luck

What's at stake?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 6:06:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

Any successful company such as Cocal-Cola, Apple or Subway have a better PR team than God. These companies clearly communicate there value proposition and brand image. If I send them an message, I will get a response.

The same cannot be said about God. God does not accept tweets, emails, tests, letters or even morse codes. He asks that he fold our hands and "prey". Seems kinda suspect that he only accepts ambiguous messages that do not require a clear response, eh?

Imagine, if God accepted texts, emails ect. He could clearly explain himself to everyone. If you say that prayer is efficient communication, then why does everyone have a different view of God?

It seems that if God exists, he does not care if we know about him.

Wow. Great post.

I have often asked myself the same thing. But God does communicate and even then people believe in different things anyway. Some religions don't even believe in God. Maybe the real lesson is that humans are explorers of the world God has created, and we're all suppose to learn things as we go along.

It's kind of like a child learning how to crawl, walk, talk and educating himself about the home, the city, the world around him - and the mystery of his parents, too.

I firmly do believe in a God (heck, I communicate with it). But I don't believe any religion around today fully understands this God. I have lingering suspicion that even I don't truly understand this God. Does it even want a relationship? Maybe it's just bored to death and we're all its toys.

Who knows? But I don't believe you should rely on a single holy book to get all your answers. Investigate the world and discover. There's so much about this God I have yet to understand.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 6:24:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

Any successful company such as Cocal-Cola, Apple or Subway have a better PR team than God. These companies clearly communicate there value proposition and brand image. If I send them an message, I will get a response.

The same cannot be said about God. God does not accept tweets, emails, tests, letters or even morse codes. He asks that he fold our hands and "prey". Seems kinda suspect that he only accepts ambiguous messages that do not require a clear response, eh?

Everything abut the idea of God is suspect. For example, we only see God's justice after we die, and nobody is on Earth to verify it. How convenient he never does anything on Earth. There is no pattern of bad people being sick, or any evidence of justice from any divine.


Imagine, if God accepted texts, emails ect. He could clearly explain himself to everyone. If you say that prayer is efficient communication, then why does everyone have a different view of God?

Theists will just make up excuses. God is shy, or he he testing our faith or other such nonsense.


It seems that if God exists, he does not care if we know about him.

It is just easier to assume he doesn't exist.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 6:35:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

I believe he is clear, and isn't in the business of convincing anyone. The gospel reaches exactly who its meant to, those who are his come to him, and those who aren't are exposed.

Any successful company such as Cocal-Cola, Apple or Subway have a better PR team than God. These companies clearly communicate there value proposition and brand image. If I send them an message, I will get a response.

I get responses all the time... most of them I don't like. A lot of the responses I need are readily available in the bible... If I don't understand or have trouble with an answer, there are trust worthy folk who can help me understand; like Gods own customer service lol

The same cannot be said about God. God does not accept tweets, emails, tests, letters or even morse codes. He asks that he fold our hands and "prey". Seems kinda suspect that he only accepts ambiguous messages that do not require a clear response, eh?

Imagine, if God accepted texts, emails ect. He could clearly explain himself to everyone. If you say that prayer is efficient communication, then why does everyone have a different view of God?

Like I said above, those who belong to God come to him, and he responds to them and its always sufficient. Not everyone is his and most manifest their own Gods, this doesn't mean that God sucks at communicating.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 6:41:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 6:35:20 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

I believe he is clear, and isn't in the business of convincing anyone.

I'm not in the business of convincing anybody I exist, yet, nobody doubts that I exist. He doesn't have to be in that business. If he exists, then we should all be convinced. Like how nobody doubts I exist (unless you are a sopilist or something).

The gospel reaches exactly who its meant to, those who are his come to him, and those who aren't are exposed.

We are all his according to The Bible.


Any successful company such as Cocal-Cola, Apple or Subway have a better PR team than God. These companies clearly communicate there value proposition and brand image. If I send them an message, I will get a response.

I get responses all the time...

Sure you do, sure you do lol

A lot of the responses I need are readily available in the bible... If I don't understand or have trouble with an answer, there are trust worthy folk who can help me understand; like Gods own customer service lol

So he is too impotent to help us understand himself, that he needs humans? That sounds pretty dumb,


The same cannot be said about God. God does not accept tweets, emails, tests, letters or even morse codes. He asks that he fold our hands and "prey". Seems kinda suspect that he only accepts ambiguous messages that do not require a clear response, eh?

Imagine, if God accepted texts, emails ect. He could clearly explain himself to everyone. If you say that prayer is efficient communication, then why does everyone have a different view of God?

Like I said above, those who belong to God come to him, and he responds to them and its always sufficient.

It's never sufficient, because everyone "experiences" a different God.

Not everyone is his and most manifest their own Gods, this doesn't mean that God sucks at communicating.

We are all his according to The Bible, and anyone who seeks God should find him. Have you even read The Bible? I doubt it.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 6:48:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 6:35:20 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

I believe he is clear, and isn't in the business of convincing anyone. The gospel reaches exactly who its meant to, those who are his come to him, and those who aren't are exposed.

Any successful company such as Cocal-Cola, Apple or Subway have a better PR team than God. These companies clearly communicate there value proposition and brand image. If I send them an message, I will get a response.

I get responses all the time... most of them I don't like. A lot of the responses I need are readily available in the bible... If I don't understand or have trouble with an answer, there are trust worthy folk who can help me understand; like Gods own customer service lol

The same cannot be said about God. God does not accept tweets, emails, tests, letters or even morse codes. He asks that he fold our hands and "prey". Seems kinda suspect that he only accepts ambiguous messages that do not require a clear response, eh?

Imagine, if God accepted texts, emails ect. He could clearly explain himself to everyone. If you say that prayer is efficient communication, then why does everyone have a different view of God?

Like I said above, those who belong to God come to him, and he responds to them and its always sufficient. Not everyone is his and most manifest their own Gods, this doesn't mean that God sucks at communicating.

So God talks to you but not everyone else? What about everyone that has a different opinion of God than you? God does not want them? You are so special that God chooses you? Hmmm, sounds pretty pretty suspect to me.

It sounds to me like you have an imaginary friend.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 6:52:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 6:41:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 6:35:20 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 5:28:18 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, if God is real, and he wants us to know about him, why does he suck at communication?

God has not placed any real clear evidence that he exists. People all over the world believe in different Gods and in even in each religion there are many disputes and sects. Even people in the same sect and same church have different "personal Gods". If God wanted us to know about him, would he not be clear.

I believe he is clear, and isn't in the business of convincing anyone.

I'm not in the business of convincing anybody I exist, yet, nobody doubts that I exist. He doesn't have to be in that business. If he exists, then we should all be convinced. Like how nobody doubts I exist (unless you are a sopilist or something).

Why?

The gospel reaches exactly who its meant to, those who are his come to him, and those who aren't are exposed.

We are all his according to The Bible.

Show me.

John 17:9
9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

I get responses all the time...

Sure you do, sure you do lol

lol...

A lot of the responses I need are readily available in the bible... If I don't understand or have trouble with an answer, there are trust worthy folk who can help me understand; like Gods own customer service lol

So he is too impotent to help us understand himself, that he needs humans? That sounds pretty dumb,

I said need? Because he uses humans he NEEDS to use them? Thats an interesting connection to make.



Like I said above, those who belong to God come to him, and he responds to them and its always sufficient.

It's never sufficient, because everyone "experiences" a different God.

So what? If everyone he is actually responding to get the msg what does it matter if others who aren't supposed to don't? how does this impact his ability to communicate?

Not everyone is his and most manifest their own Gods, this doesn't mean that God sucks at communicating.

We are all his according to The Bible, and anyone who seeks God should find him. Have you even read The Bible? I doubt it.

I'm willing to debate scripture with you all day my friend. But first, address the scripture I posted above.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 7:02:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 6:48:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So God talks to you but not everyone else?

I never said "talks", nor did I even remotely imply that I was the only one he RESPONDS too.

What about everyone that has a different opinion of God than you?

My opinion doesn't matter. I wish it did, because then I would choose not to believe in God and mock everyone else on here to does...

God does not want them?

The scriptures tell us that God chose some for himself, and some for destruction.

You are so special that God chooses you? Hmmm, sounds pretty pretty suspect to me.

Actually its quite the opposite, he made damn sure that I didn't think he chose me because I was special, better, or good. He has his reasons for choosing who he does and doesn't. Doesn't matter if you, me, or anyone else likes it. tough.

It sounds to me like you have an imaginary friend.

Yawn...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 7:09:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 7:02:11 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 6:48:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So God talks to you but not everyone else?

I never said "talks", nor did I even remotely imply that I was the only one he RESPONDS too.

What about everyone that has a different opinion of God than you?

My opinion doesn't matter. I wish it did, because then I would choose not to believe in God and mock everyone else on here to does...

God does not want them?

The scriptures tell us that God chose some for himself, and some for destruction.

You are so special that God chooses you? Hmmm, sounds pretty pretty suspect to me.

Actually its quite the opposite, he made damn sure that I didn't think he chose me because I was special, better, or good. He has his reasons for choosing who he does and doesn't. Doesn't matter if you, me, or anyone else likes it. tough.

So God chose to communicate with you because you are not special, and communicates with a few other people too. If someone does not share your opinion of God it is because God does not talk to them. Still sounds like you have an imaginary friend.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 7:42:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 7:09:37 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So God chose to communicate with you because you are not special, and communicates with a few other people too.

lol, I never said he chose to communicate with me BECAUSE I'm not special..seriously?

Define a few..

If someone does not share your opinion of God it is because God does not talk to them. Still sounds like you have an imaginary friend.

And re-shaping what I say and twisting it to discredit my sanity sounds like your jealous...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 7:46:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 7:42:47 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 7:09:37 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So God chose to communicate with you because you are not special, and communicates with a few other people too.

lol, I never said he chose to communicate with me BECAUSE I'm not special..seriously?

""Actually its quite the opposite, he made damn sure that I didn't think he chose me because I was special"" You said this.
Define a few..

It seems only people who share your view of God, are the people God talks to. Otherwise, God will tell them to change.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 7:58:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 7:46:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 7:42:47 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 7:09:37 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So God chose to communicate with you because you are not special, and communicates with a few other people too.

lol, I never said he chose to communicate with me BECAUSE I'm not special..seriously?

""Actually its quite the opposite, he made damn sure that I didn't think he chose me because I was special"" You said this.

I know what I said. So once again, just because God made sure I don't think I earned his favor by being special, doesn't mean he chose me BECAUSE I'm not special... how are you making that connection?

Define a few..

It seems only people who share your view of God, are the people God talks to. Otherwise, God will tell them to change.

It also seems that since many ppl claim to have been "talked" to by God (which, once again, I never said has happened to me), and He doesn't talk to you, that he has to be an imaginary friend.

Jealous much?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 8:53:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 7:58:07 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 7:46:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 7:42:47 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 7:09:37 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So God chose to communicate with you because you are not special, and communicates with a few other people too.

lol, I never said he chose to communicate with me BECAUSE I'm not special..seriously?

""Actually its quite the opposite, he made damn sure that I didn't think he chose me because I was special"" You said this.

I know what I said. So once again, just because God made sure I don't think I earned his favor by being special, doesn't mean he chose me BECAUSE I'm not special... how are you making that connection?

So, you do not think you are special, but you are special? Please clarify

It seems only people who share your view of God, are the people God talks to. Otherwise, God will tell them to change.

It also seems that since many ppl claim to have been "talked" to by God (which, once again, I never said has happened to me), and He doesn't talk to you, that he has to be an imaginary friend.

Jealous much?

Well, he only talks to a select group of people (those who share your view of God), a muslim God talks to muslims, a jewish God talks to Jews, a magical voice talks to crazy people, I regard all these voices as the same and am no more jealous of "Christians that talk to your version of God" than I am to the poor folk in the mental hospital hearing voices in their head.
dadman
Posts: 272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 8:58:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
it takes two to tango http://dadmansabode.com...
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:05:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"God sucks at communication?" No, it's a life style conflict. There is no misunderstanding or communication problem.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:07:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 9:05:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
"God sucks at communication?" No, it's a life style conflict. There is no misunderstanding or communication problem.

Well, the way you understand God is different than the may Muslims or different versions of Christians do. Seems to me if many people interpret a message differently than the message was not clear?
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:09:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 9:07:09 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:05:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
"God sucks at communication?" No, it's a life style conflict. There is no misunderstanding or communication problem.

Well, the way you understand God is different than the may Muslims or different versions of Christians do. Seems to me if many people interpret a message differently than the message was not clear?

Is it clear to you?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:10:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 9:09:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:07:09 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:05:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
"God sucks at communication?" No, it's a life style conflict. There is no misunderstanding or communication problem.

Well, the way you understand God is different than the may Muslims or different versions of Christians do. Seems to me if many people interpret a message differently than the message was not clear?

Is it clear to you?

No.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:16:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 9:10:38 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:09:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:07:09 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:05:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
"God sucks at communication?" No, it's a life style conflict. There is no misunderstanding or communication problem.

Well, the way you understand God is different than the may Muslims or different versions of Christians do. Seems to me if many people interpret a message differently than the message was not clear?

Is it clear to you?

No.

Most likely a life style conflict.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:20:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 9:16:28 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:10:38 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:09:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:07:09 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 12/23/2013 9:05:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
"God sucks at communication?" No, it's a life style conflict. There is no misunderstanding or communication problem.

Well, the way you understand God is different than the may Muslims or different versions of Christians do. Seems to me if many people interpret a message differently than the message was not clear?

Is it clear to you?

No.

Most likely a life style conflict.

I guess so. It seems to communicate with God you either have to have imaginary friends or not seek help for mental illness.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:29:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/23/2013 8:53:54 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So, you do not think you are special, but you are special? Please clarify

I think its you who needs to clarify. Why do you keep saying that I'm special after I tell you that I'm not, I don't claim to be, and God expresses to me that I'm not...

Well, he only talks to a select group of people (those who share your view of God), a muslim God talks to muslims, a jewish God talks to Jews, a magical voice talks to crazy people, I regard all these voices as the same and am no more jealous of "Christians that talk to your version of God" than I am to the poor folk in the mental hospital hearing voices in their head.

I'm pretty sure I've told you at least 3 times, that I never used the word "Talks". I've never had the experience of hearing Gods audible voice. I said responds.

If someone told me they actually heard God talk to them, it would be hard to believe. Agreed. But, you seem jealous none the less.

I would be too, if in your position.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
InvictusManeo
Posts: 384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:33:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The gods of the many religions are manifests of the individual ego. It's why every god conveniently molds to suit every believer's morality.