Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How accurate is the "Christimas Story"

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 12:31:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Frankly not very.

Why?

Well for a start, one of the more accurate parts of the story is that the Shepherds were "in the fields by night". Unfortunately that is just one strand of evidence which proves beyond doubt that Jesus was born in the September / October time, since the shepherds bring their sheep in at nights from November on due to the very cold nights.

So the date is way out for a start.

Why is that?

Simply because Christmas was not celebrated until the 4th or 5th Century, Pope Gregory 4th wanted a way of bringing the Winter festivals into Christianity in order to get more Pagan's on board. As such it includes rituals from:

Saturnalia (gift giving) ,

Bacchanalia (excessive drinking and eating and the associated immorality which often accompanies those two things),

Natalis Invecti (the Celebration of the supposed resurrection of Nimrod, one of God's early human enemies, to heavenly life, the original source of the Yule log and the Decorated fir tree).

Winter solstice celebrations.

Another problem is the "Three kings".

For a start there is no indication in scripture how many there actually were.

They were not kings, they were Magi, "Wise men" Astrologers. Since God is against all forms of future foretelling they would hardly be used by God.

The Christmas star.

Why did it detour to Jerusalem instead of taking the Magi straight to Bethlehem?

Considering the result there can only be one reason, and one being behind it.

Satan wanted the one born to be Messiah killed to stall God's plan, so he guided the Magi to Jerusalem so that they would alert Herod to a future rival, or so he would think, because Jesus was foretold to become the "King of the Jews".

The inevitable result of Herod finding out about Jesus was a determination to destroy Jesus to protect the Kingship for his family.

The next question that leads to is why did Herod arrange for all children from birth to two years to be killed.

The prophecy of the birth of Jesus was not timed, only his appearance to take up the role of Messiah. therefore He ordered children approximately 1 year either side of the probably birth to be slaughtered.

It appears from scripture that the Magi may not have visited Jesus for about a year, because when they visited him he was no longer in a manger, but living in a house.

Matthew 2:10-11
10 On seeing the star, they rejoiced with great joy. 11 And when they went into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and falling down, they did obeisance to him. They also opened their treasures and presented him with gifts"gold and frankincense and myrrh.

That fact, and Herod's choice of two year old infants makes it likely that Jesus was about a year old when visited by these Astrologers.

The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 1:16:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 12:31:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Frankly not very.

Why?

Well for a start, one of the more accurate parts of the story is that the Shepherds were "in the fields by night". Unfortunately that is just one strand of evidence which proves beyond doubt that Jesus was born in the September / October time, since the shepherds bring their sheep in at nights from November on due to the very cold nights.

So the date is way out for a start.

Why is that?

Simply because Christmas was not celebrated until the 4th or 5th Century, Pope Gregory 4th wanted a way of bringing the Winter festivals into Christianity in order to get more Pagan's on board. As such it includes rituals from:

Saturnalia (gift giving) ,

Bacchanalia (excessive drinking and eating and the associated immorality which often accompanies those two things),

Natalis Invecti (the Celebration of the supposed resurrection of Nimrod, one of God's early human enemies, to heavenly life, the original source of the Yule log and the Decorated fir tree).

Winter solstice celebrations.

Another problem is the "Three kings".

For a start there is no indication in scripture how many there actually were.

They were not kings, they were Magi, "Wise men" Astrologers. Since God is against all forms of future foretelling they would hardly be used by God.

The Christmas star.

Why did it detour to Jerusalem instead of taking the Magi straight to Bethlehem?

Considering the result there can only be one reason, and one being behind it.

Satan wanted the one born to be Messiah killed to stall God's plan, so he guided the Magi to Jerusalem so that they would alert Herod to a future rival, or so he would think, because Jesus was foretold to become the "King of the Jews".

The inevitable result of Herod finding out about Jesus was a determination to destroy Jesus to protect the Kingship for his family.

The next question that leads to is why did Herod arrange for all children from birth to two years to be killed.

The prophecy of the birth of Jesus was not timed, only his appearance to take up the role of Messiah. therefore He ordered children approximately 1 year either side of the probably birth to be slaughtered.

It appears from scripture that the Magi may not have visited Jesus for about a year, because when they visited him he was no longer in a manger, but living in a house.

Matthew 2:10-11
10 On seeing the star, they rejoiced with great joy. 11 And when they went into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and falling down, they did obeisance to him. They also opened their treasures and presented him with gifts"gold and frankincense and myrrh.

That fact, and Herod's choice of two year old infants makes it likely that Jesus was about a year old when visited by these Astrologers.

The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure.

If you had the hidden knowledge of God, you would not believe the flesh and all it's traditions that come from Jewish and Roman, Babylonian, Persian and Greek cultures. You would know the invisible Law of God that will destroy all these traditions at the end of this age.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 2:05:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's pretty accurate. I'm almost certain that using a Red Rider BB gun, you really can shoot your eye out.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 3:52:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 2:05:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's pretty accurate. I'm almost certain that using a Red Rider BB gun, you really can shoot your eye out.

Nice!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 9:56:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
MCB: "The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure."

Anna: Celebrating Christmas as a national holiday or holiday season is not worship in the first place. Every Christian knows the origin of Christmas: it is of Catholic invention, almost certainly the wrong date, and a man-made, man-concocted holiday - just as the WatchTower organization is a man-made sect. One will search the Bible in vain for any mention of Christmas, just as he'll search it in vain for any mention of a Christian sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses. All you prove is that you are willing to ascribe false practices (in this case, by equating celebrating Christmas with worship) whether they actually are guilty of the practice or not. You did the same way when you said that I couldn't even pray correctly, then you couldn't find one single thing wrong with the way I prayed. It went like this:

M: "You do not even pray correctly"
A: "This is how I pray. (Example given). What's wrong with it?
M: No answer

In practicality, you do the same thing with Christmas. The Catholics may actually celebrate it with worship, but that's about it. You mentioned others as having "little real concern for truth". Think about that as you misrepresent the trinity, the Christmas season, and everything else through the perverted lens of the WatchTower.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:00:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 9:56:03 PM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure."

Anna: Celebrating Christmas as a national holiday or holiday season is not worship in the first place. Every Christian knows the origin of Christmas: it is of Catholic invention, almost certainly the wrong date, and a man-made, man-concocted holiday - just as the WatchTower organization is a man-made sect. One will search the Bible in vain for any mention of Christmas, just as he'll search it in vain for any mention of a Christian sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses. All you prove is that you are willing to ascribe false practices (in this case, by equating celebrating Christmas with worship) whether they actually are guilty of the practice or not. You did the same way when you said that I couldn't even pray correctly, then you couldn't find one single thing wrong with the way I prayed. It went like this:

M: "You do not even pray correctly"
A: "This is how I pray. (Example given). What's wrong with it?
M: No answer

In practicality, you do the same thing with Christmas. The Catholics may actually celebrate it with worship, but that's about it. You mentioned others as having "little real concern for truth". Think about that as you misrepresent the trinity, the Christmas season, and everything else through the perverted lens of the WatchTower.

The trinity belief came from the beast where all religious ideas came from. The only thing that's real are our invisible Creator and His invisible thoughts. From that, we get the illusions that we see, hear, taste, smell and touch but none of this is real.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:03:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 10:00:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/25/2013 9:56:03 PM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure."

Anna: Celebrating Christmas as a national holiday or holiday season is not worship in the first place. Every Christian knows the origin of Christmas: it is of Catholic invention, almost certainly the wrong date, and a man-made, man-concocted holiday - just as the WatchTower organization is a man-made sect. One will search the Bible in vain for any mention of Christmas, just as he'll search it in vain for any mention of a Christian sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses. All you prove is that you are willing to ascribe false practices (in this case, by equating celebrating Christmas with worship) whether they actually are guilty of the practice or not. You did the same way when you said that I couldn't even pray correctly, then you couldn't find one single thing wrong with the way I prayed. It went like this:

M: "You do not even pray correctly"
A: "This is how I pray. (Example given). What's wrong with it?
M: No answer

In practicality, you do the same thing with Christmas. The Catholics may actually celebrate it with worship, but that's about it. You mentioned others as having "little real concern for truth". Think about that as you misrepresent the trinity, the Christmas season, and everything else through the perverted lens of the WatchTower.

The trinity belief came from the beast where all religious ideas came from. The only thing that's real are our invisible Creator and His invisible thoughts. From that, we get the illusions that we see, hear, taste, smell and touch but none of this is real.

Well, you have some religious ideas, don't you? Did they come from the beast?

Wait! Lemme guess! THEIR religious ideas came from the beast, but your came directly from God? Once again, let's point all fingers to Saint Brad, the sinless saint who is looney-tunes enough to think sin came in his DNA.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:05:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 10:03:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/25/2013 10:00:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/25/2013 9:56:03 PM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure."

Anna: Celebrating Christmas as a national holiday or holiday season is not worship in the first place. Every Christian knows the origin of Christmas: it is of Catholic invention, almost certainly the wrong date, and a man-made, man-concocted holiday - just as the WatchTower organization is a man-made sect. One will search the Bible in vain for any mention of Christmas, just as he'll search it in vain for any mention of a Christian sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses. All you prove is that you are willing to ascribe false practices (in this case, by equating celebrating Christmas with worship) whether they actually are guilty of the practice or not. You did the same way when you said that I couldn't even pray correctly, then you couldn't find one single thing wrong with the way I prayed. It went like this:

M: "You do not even pray correctly"
A: "This is how I pray. (Example given). What's wrong with it?
M: No answer

In practicality, you do the same thing with Christmas. The Catholics may actually celebrate it with worship, but that's about it. You mentioned others as having "little real concern for truth". Think about that as you misrepresent the trinity, the Christmas season, and everything else through the perverted lens of the WatchTower.

The trinity belief came from the beast where all religious ideas came from. The only thing that's real are our invisible Creator and His invisible thoughts. From that, we get the illusions that we see, hear, taste, smell and touch but none of this is real.

Well, you have some religious ideas, don't you? Did they come from the beast?

Wait! Lemme guess! THEIR religious ideas came from the beast, but your came directly from God? Once again, let's point all fingers to Saint Brad, the sinless saint who is looney-tunes enough to think sin came in his DNA.

There is two different kinds of thoughts. One set of thoughts come with deception called the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and the other set of thoughts coming from the "tree of life". Which set of thoughts do you think God's creation exists as?
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:16:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 10:05:45 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/25/2013 10:03:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/25/2013 10:00:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/25/2013 9:56:03 PM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure."

Anna: Celebrating Christmas as a national holiday or holiday season is not worship in the first place. Every Christian knows the origin of Christmas: it is of Catholic invention, almost certainly the wrong date, and a man-made, man-concocted holiday - just as the WatchTower organization is a man-made sect. One will search the Bible in vain for any mention of Christmas, just as he'll search it in vain for any mention of a Christian sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses. All you prove is that you are willing to ascribe false practices (in this case, by equating celebrating Christmas with worship) whether they actually are guilty of the practice or not. You did the same way when you said that I couldn't even pray correctly, then you couldn't find one single thing wrong with the way I prayed. It went like this:

M: "You do not even pray correctly"
A: "This is how I pray. (Example given). What's wrong with it?
M: No answer

In practicality, you do the same thing with Christmas. The Catholics may actually celebrate it with worship, but that's about it. You mentioned others as having "little real concern for truth". Think about that as you misrepresent the trinity, the Christmas season, and everything else through the perverted lens of the WatchTower.

The trinity belief came from the beast where all religious ideas came from. The only thing that's real are our invisible Creator and His invisible thoughts. From that, we get the illusions that we see, hear, taste, smell and touch but none of this is real.

Well, you have some religious ideas, don't you? Did they come from the beast?

Wait! Lemme guess! THEIR religious ideas came from the beast, but your came directly from God? Once again, let's point all fingers to Saint Brad, the sinless saint who is looney-tunes enough to think sin came in his DNA.

There is two different kinds of thoughts. One set of thoughts come with deception called the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and the other set of thoughts coming from the "tree of life". Which set of thoughts do you think God's creation exists as?

Neither. The world exists independently of these two trees. The beast or beasts of Revelation refers to the Roman Emperors. Five were (Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Claudius, and Caligula), one is (Nero), and one is yet to come (Domitian).
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:19:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 10:16:58 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/25/2013 10:05:45 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/25/2013 10:03:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/25/2013 10:00:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/25/2013 9:56:03 PM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure."

Anna: Celebrating Christmas as a national holiday or holiday season is not worship in the first place. Every Christian knows the origin of Christmas: it is of Catholic invention, almost certainly the wrong date, and a man-made, man-concocted holiday - just as the WatchTower organization is a man-made sect. One will search the Bible in vain for any mention of Christmas, just as he'll search it in vain for any mention of a Christian sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses. All you prove is that you are willing to ascribe false practices (in this case, by equating celebrating Christmas with worship) whether they actually are guilty of the practice or not. You did the same way when you said that I couldn't even pray correctly, then you couldn't find one single thing wrong with the way I prayed. It went like this:

M: "You do not even pray correctly"
A: "This is how I pray. (Example given). What's wrong with it?
M: No answer

In practicality, you do the same thing with Christmas. The Catholics may actually celebrate it with worship, but that's about it. You mentioned others as having "little real concern for truth". Think about that as you misrepresent the trinity, the Christmas season, and everything else through the perverted lens of the WatchTower.

The trinity belief came from the beast where all religious ideas came from. The only thing that's real are our invisible Creator and His invisible thoughts. From that, we get the illusions that we see, hear, taste, smell and touch but none of this is real.

Well, you have some religious ideas, don't you? Did they come from the beast?

Wait! Lemme guess! THEIR religious ideas came from the beast, but your came directly from God? Once again, let's point all fingers to Saint Brad, the sinless saint who is looney-tunes enough to think sin came in his DNA.

There is two different kinds of thoughts. One set of thoughts come with deception called the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and the other set of thoughts coming from the "tree of life". Which set of thoughts do you think God's creation exists as?

Neither. The world exists independently of these two trees. The beast or beasts of Revelation refers to the Roman Emperors. Five were (Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Claudius, and Caligula), one is (Nero), and one is yet to come (Domitian).

It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future.

If it wasn't for the "tree of life" we wouldn't exist and see the things that deceive us called the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil".
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:29:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 10:34:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 10:29:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

I'm the only saint to exist since the last saints were killed before the official false religion of Christianity was formed by the new laws of the Vatican. They made sure all the saints of the first three centuries were dead before they started their false religion to deceive every Christian from becoming a saint. The Vatican did not know how God made us saints and has us speak for Him. They must have thought that saints became saints by reading the testimonies of other saints, which is totally untrue. God is the one who makes us saints before any visible world existed.

Ephesians 1
1: Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are also faithful in Christ Jesus:
2: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 12:38:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

Borno: I'm the only saint to exist


Anna: LMAO! Then it's just as I said: it's all about Saint Brad. Seven billion people on the earth - and ONE is a saint. Where might he be? Why, Saint Brad Holkesvig, a homeless bum living off charities out in California! I told you, "The finger always must point to Brad. He's an important fellow!" Pffffft. Delusions of grandeur.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 2:13:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/25/2013 9:56:03 PM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "The very fact that the story simply shows how much those faiths that support it have little real concern for truth., nor do they display any concern for the purity of their worship either despite all the scriptural warnings to keep it pure."

Anna: Celebrating Christmas as a national holiday or holiday season is not worship in the first place. Every Christian knows the origin of Christmas: it is of Catholic invention, almost certainly the wrong date, and a man-made, man-concocted holiday - just as the WatchTower organization is a man-made sect. One will search the Bible in vain for any mention of Christmas, just as he'll search it in vain for any mention of a Christian sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses. All you prove is that you are willing to ascribe false practices (in this case, by equating celebrating Christmas with worship) whether they actually are guilty of the practice or not. You did the same way when you said that I couldn't even pray correctly, then you couldn't find one single thing wrong with the way I prayed. It went like this:

M: "You do not even pray correctly"
A: "This is how I pray. (Example given). What's wrong with it?
M: No answer

In practicality, you do the same thing with Christmas. The Catholics may actually celebrate it with worship, but that's about it. You mentioned others as having "little real concern for truth". Think about that as you misrepresent the trinity, the Christmas season, and everything else through the perverted lens of the WatchTower.

What a pathetic excuse to enjoy "forbidden fruit". Pleasure before truth eh.

Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong, supporting something which is easily shown to be false is even worse.

What has "national" got to do it when all governments, as scripture tells us, stand in opposition to God's kingdom?

Give Caesar's things to Caesar by all means bt for your own sake t's about time you started to give God's things to God.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 2:56:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 3:59:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Fancy a defrocked jehovian questioning a story's accuracy.

That has made my christmas......................you simpleton.

What happened to the armageddon of 1914 lmfao..................you are as dumb as fvck.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 7:12:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 2:56:13 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.

Ordained by God, not appointed by him. He allows them for the time being, but if Satan doesn't own them why did Jesus not Challenge him on that point when tempted by him?

Why does Paul call Satan "The God of this system of things, long after the death fo Christ?

Why, as both Daniel and Revelation teach, are they slated for destruction in God's own time?

Why is there not one Government that teaches Christian behaviour ?

Come to that why are so many other Governments influenced by so many faiths?

No, Satan is the only one who wants humanity divided, and he uses human Government to do so.

God wants humanity united, not divide and human Governments all divide.

John 17:21-26
21 so that they may all be one,+ just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. 23 I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. 24 Father, I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am, in order that they may look upon my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world. 25 Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me. 26 I have made your name known to them and will make it known,+ so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them."

John 17:21-26
KJV(i) 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

On top of that God has always demanded pure worship. Why then should he tolerate festivals to otehr God, whatever reason they are celebrated for?

Revelation 18:4,5
4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.

Isaiah 48:20
20 Go out from Babylon!
Flee from the Chaldeans!
Announce it with a joyful cry! Proclaim it!
Make it known to the ends of the earth.
Say: "Jehovah has repurchased his servant Jacob.

Isaiah 52:11
11 Turn away, turn away, get out of there, touch nothing unclean!
Get out from the midst of her, keep yourselves clean,
You who are carrying the utensils of Jehovah.

Jeremiah 50:8
8 "Flee out of the midst of Babylon,
Go out of the land of the Chaldeans,
And be like the leading animals before the flock.

Babylon the Great is the world empire of false religion, of which you are currently a part, so named because the literal Babylon was the source of much of false religion, starting with Nimrod, who built Babylon, and whose worship is the origin on the yule log, burned at night to represent his death, and the decorated tree, displayed next morning as a symbol of his supposed resurrection to heavenly life.

Sorry none of what you say in that post makes the slightest sense.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 7:14:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 3:59:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
Fancy a defrocked jehovian questioning a story's accuracy.

That has made my christmas......................you simpleton.

What happened to the armageddon of 1914 lmfao..................you are as dumb as fvck.

Anyone who is interested in truth is interested in the inaccuracy of that story, which claims to be true.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:17:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 12:38:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

Borno: I'm the only saint to exist


Anna: LMAO! Then it's just as I said: it's all about Saint Brad. Seven billion people on the earth - and ONE is a saint. Where might he be? Why, Saint Brad Holkesvig, a homeless bum living off charities out in California! I told you, "The finger always must point to Brad. He's an important fellow!" Pffffft. Delusions of grandeur.

The flesh of Brad Holkesvig is the only place you can hear the voice of our Creator since the last saints were used for the same purpose over 17 centuries ago. It's your unbelief that causes you to mock our Creator and not listen to our testimonies.

Jeremiah 7
27: "So you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not listen to you. You shall call to them, but they will not answer you.
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:18:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.

MCB: Ordained by God, not appointed by him. He allows them for the time being, but if Satan doesn't own them why did Jesus not Challenge him on that point when tempted by him?


Anna: You've been asked before: is Jesus Christ the ruler of the kings of the earth - or not?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:35:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:18:43 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.

MCB: Ordained by God, not appointed by him. He allows them for the time being, but if Satan doesn't own them why did Jesus not Challenge him on that point when tempted by him?


Anna: You've been asked before: is Jesus Christ the ruler of the kings of the earth - or not?

Our invisible Creator is the King and Savior of ALL His people, including His servant in the flesh called prophets and saints. Satan and the beast are God's strong delusion that confuses His people and keeps them from His hidden knowledge while He's working through His saints and prophets. God needed this strong delusion to call His servant and connect with us so He could have the flesh called prophets and saints write and speak testimonies from His servant, which is our created invisible existence within His mind.

You unbelievers get very confused when the Truth is being spoken because you were chosen by our Creator to NOT believe in Him. Only God's chosen believers can listen to His voice ( the gospel ) and hear Him speak to them.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:38:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:18:43 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.

MCB: Ordained by God, not appointed by him. He allows them for the time being, but if Satan doesn't own them why did Jesus not Challenge him on that point when tempted by him?


Anna: You've been asked before: is Jesus Christ the ruler of the kings of the earth - or not?

Why don't you ask ME about whether or not I AM the ruler of the kings of this earth or not? If you knew ME, then you would believe that I AM HE, your King and Savior. The flesh of saints and prophets are NOT your Savior or Kings. They are illusions that die in this world.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:41:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:17:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 12:38:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

Borno: I'm the only saint to exist


Anna: LMAO! Then it's just as I said: it's all about Saint Brad. Seven billion people on the earth - and ONE is a saint. Where might he be? Why, Saint Brad Holkesvig, a homeless bum living off charities out in California! I told you, "The finger always must point to Brad. He's an important fellow!" Pffffft. Delusions of grandeur.

The flesh of Brad Holkesvig is the only place you can hear the voice of our Creator since the last saints were used for the same purpose over 17 centuries ago. It's your unbelief that causes you to mock our Creator and not listen to our testimonies.

Oh, I do not mock our Creator. Certainly not. In fact, I honor my Creator by refusing to give heed to the wild claims of false teachers, most of whom teach falsely on purpose. You, however, are a little different, I think. You are mentally ill.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:43:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:38:28 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:18:43 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.

MCB: Ordained by God, not appointed by him. He allows them for the time being, but if Satan doesn't own them why did Jesus not Challenge him on that point when tempted by him?


Anna: You've been asked before: is Jesus Christ the ruler of the kings of the earth - or not?

Why don't you ask ME about whether or not I AM the ruler of the kings of this earth or not? If you knew ME, then you would believe that I AM HE, your King and Savior. The flesh of saints and prophets are NOT your Savior or Kings. They are illusions that die in this world.

Reason #1 that I do not ask you: I do not care what you have to say. You are the temporary "ruler" of a group of homeless bums who have to listen to your yapping as they fill their stomachs. You hold them hostage - until they are full.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:44:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:41:45 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:17:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 12:38:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

Borno: I'm the only saint to exist


Anna: LMAO! Then it's just as I said: it's all about Saint Brad. Seven billion people on the earth - and ONE is a saint. Where might he be? Why, Saint Brad Holkesvig, a homeless bum living off charities out in California! I told you, "The finger always must point to Brad. He's an important fellow!" Pffffft. Delusions of grandeur.

The flesh of Brad Holkesvig is the only place you can hear the voice of our Creator since the last saints were used for the same purpose over 17 centuries ago. It's your unbelief that causes you to mock our Creator and not listen to our testimonies.

Oh, I do not mock our Creator. Certainly not. In fact, I honor my Creator by refusing to give heed to the wild claims of false teachers, most of whom teach falsely on purpose. You, however, are a little different, I think. You are mentally ill.

When you call ME mentally ill, you are mocking ME, your Creator, Savior and King of ALL My people.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:47:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:43:14 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:38:28 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:18:43 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.

MCB: Ordained by God, not appointed by him. He allows them for the time being, but if Satan doesn't own them why did Jesus not Challenge him on that point when tempted by him?


Anna: You've been asked before: is Jesus Christ the ruler of the kings of the earth - or not?

Why don't you ask ME about whether or not I AM the ruler of the kings of this earth or not? If you knew ME, then you would believe that I AM HE, your King and Savior. The flesh of saints and prophets are NOT your Savior or Kings. They are illusions that die in this world.

Reason #1 that I do not ask you: I do not care what you have to say. You are the temporary "ruler" of a group of homeless bums who have to listen to your yapping as they fill their stomachs. You hold them hostage - until they are full.

Every word you write about me is a lie. I AM not a homeless bum. I AM your invisible Creator who is using the flesh of my homeless saint for MY purpose to reveal MYSELF and MY plan for the future. It's obvious you can't hear ME you foolish child.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 12:41:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:44:38 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:41:45 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:17:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 12:38:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

Borno: I'm the only saint to exist


Anna: LMAO! Then it's just as I said: it's all about Saint Brad. Seven billion people on the earth - and ONE is a saint. Where might he be? Why, Saint Brad Holkesvig, a homeless bum living off charities out in California! I told you, "The finger always must point to Brad. He's an important fellow!" Pffffft. Delusions of grandeur.

The flesh of Brad Holkesvig is the only place you can hear the voice of our Creator since the last saints were used for the same purpose over 17 centuries ago. It's your unbelief that causes you to mock our Creator and not listen to our testimonies.

Oh, I do not mock our Creator. Certainly not. In fact, I honor my Creator by refusing to give heed to the wild claims of false teachers, most of whom teach falsely on purpose. You, however, are a little different, I think. You are mentally ill.

When you call ME mentally ill, you are mocking ME, your Creator, Savior and King of ALL My people.

A homeless bum out in California says he's my Creator, then insists he's not mentally ill? Brad, you are a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur and self-importance. You haven't created much of anything other than a wasted life for the last few years. I don't know if you have a chemical imbalance, or if you fried your brain with drugs, or if you had some sort of trauma, but yeah, you are sick. Just look at you!

Certainly I believe in the God of the universe, Creator of all things. That has nothing to do with whether I believe your far-out stories. I'll get in touch with your wife, Celeste, via Facebook, and we'll see what she has to say about your antics.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 12:53:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 12:41:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:44:38 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:41:45 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:17:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 12:38:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

Borno: I'm the only saint to exist


Anna: LMAO! Then it's just as I said: it's all about Saint Brad. Seven billion people on the earth - and ONE is a saint. Where might he be? Why, Saint Brad Holkesvig, a homeless bum living off charities out in California! I told you, "The finger always must point to Brad. He's an important fellow!" Pffffft. Delusions of grandeur.

The flesh of Brad Holkesvig is the only place you can hear the voice of our Creator since the last saints were used for the same purpose over 17 centuries ago. It's your unbelief that causes you to mock our Creator and not listen to our testimonies.

Oh, I do not mock our Creator. Certainly not. In fact, I honor my Creator by refusing to give heed to the wild claims of false teachers, most of whom teach falsely on purpose. You, however, are a little different, I think. You are mentally ill.

When you call ME mentally ill, you are mocking ME, your Creator, Savior and King of ALL My people.

A homeless bum out in California says he's my Creator, then insists he's not mentally ill? Brad, you are a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur and self-importance. You haven't created much of anything other than a wasted life for the last few years. I don't know if you have a chemical imbalance, or if you fried your brain with drugs, or if you had some sort of trauma, but yeah, you are sick. Just look at you!

Certainly I believe in the God of the universe, Creator of all things. That has nothing to do with whether I believe your far-out stories. I'll get in touch with your wife, Celeste, via Facebook, and we'll see what she has to say about your antics.

Well at least you and Brad have one thing in common. You are both self-delusional, lol.

Mind you I have to admit he has it even worse than you do.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 12:58:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 10:47:15 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:43:14 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:38:28 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:18:43 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "Celebrating anything with a religious connection,to other faiths is wrong"

Anna: No, it's not, unless one does it for the wrong reason. As far as human governments, they are ordained by God - and Jesus Christ, not Satan, is the ruler of the kings of this earth.

MCB: Ordained by God, not appointed by him. He allows them for the time being, but if Satan doesn't own them why did Jesus not Challenge him on that point when tempted by him?


Anna: You've been asked before: is Jesus Christ the ruler of the kings of the earth - or not?

Why don't you ask ME about whether or not I AM the ruler of the kings of this earth or not? If you knew ME, then you would believe that I AM HE, your King and Savior. The flesh of saints and prophets are NOT your Savior or Kings. They are illusions that die in this world.

Reason #1 that I do not ask you: I do not care what you have to say. You are the temporary "ruler" of a group of homeless bums who have to listen to your yapping as they fill their stomachs. You hold them hostage - until they are full.

Every word you write about me is a lie. I AM not a homeless bum. I AM your invisible Creator who is using the flesh of my homeless saint for MY purpose to reveal MYSELF and MY plan for the future. It's obvious you can't hear ME you foolish child.

You are homeless. You are a bum. But you aren't a homeless bum? No, Brad, that's not a lie. You threw everything away. Everything. And why? Because you are mentally ill. Do you not realize that? You are not God, nor is God speaking through you. The apostle Paul did not preach the gospel for only 42 months. Every shred of evidence indicates otherwise. The Romans did not forge or alter the Bible.

As far as me "hearing you", oh, I've heard you. I've seen you trapped in lies. I've heard your absurd story about DNA changes, as if sin were contained in DNA. I guarantee that your DNA of today is exactly the same as your DNA of thirty years ago, and indeed it must be. Another thing: inspired men confirmed their testimony with miracles. Jesus did. Peter did. Paul did. Moses did. You don't, of course.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if you could take a few loaves and fishes and feed all the homeless in Campbell? That would be wonderful. Why don't you do that? No, you opt for running by the United Church of Christ begging handouts.

The "saints", including the apostles, were not homeless. Certainly not. When the apostle Paul preached in Rome, he rented a house in which to live.

"And he abode two whole years in his own hired dwelling, and received all that went in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness, none forbidding him."

See? God didn't make Paul homeless - nor did He do so to you. A fellow who lives in a rented house for two years is not homeless! See how you contradict the scriptures at every turn? That's why you commit the hideous sin of directing people away from the Bible, because anybody who trusts in the Bible will have no time for Saint Brad Holkesvig! It's "lay the Holy Scriptures aside, and give heed to Saint Brad." Hence, it's all about Brad again. Delusions of grandeur. Fantasies of self-importance.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 1:06:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2013 12:53:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/26/2013 12:41:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:44:38 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:41:45 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/26/2013 10:17:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/26/2013 12:38:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
borno: "It's a good thing you're not one of God's saints who possess the hidden knowledge of God to know the past, present and future."

Anna: Could you please name two of these saints who are currently living?

Borno: I'm the only saint to exist


Anna: LMAO! Then it's just as I said: it's all about Saint Brad. Seven billion people on the earth - and ONE is a saint. Where might he be? Why, Saint Brad Holkesvig, a homeless bum living off charities out in California! I told you, "The finger always must point to Brad. He's an important fellow!" Pffffft. Delusions of grandeur.

The flesh of Brad Holkesvig is the only place you can hear the voice of our Creator since the last saints were used for the same purpose over 17 centuries ago. It's your unbelief that causes you to mock our Creator and not listen to our testimonies.

Oh, I do not mock our Creator. Certainly not. In fact, I honor my Creator by refusing to give heed to the wild claims of false teachers, most of whom teach falsely on purpose. You, however, are a little different, I think. You are mentally ill.

When you call ME mentally ill, you are mocking ME, your Creator, Savior and King of ALL My people.

A homeless bum out in California says he's my Creator, then insists he's not mentally ill? Brad, you are a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur and self-importance. You haven't created much of anything other than a wasted life for the last few years. I don't know if you have a chemical imbalance, or if you fried your brain with drugs, or if you had some sort of trauma, but yeah, you are sick. Just look at you!

Certainly I believe in the God of the universe, Creator of all things. That has nothing to do with whether I believe your far-out stories. I'll get in touch with your wife, Celeste, via Facebook, and we'll see what she has to say about your antics.

Well at least you and Brad have one thing in common. You are both self-delusional, lol.

Mind you I have to admit he has it even worse than you do.

If I am, I am deluded by the scriptures. "Saint Brad" is deluded by mental illness, while you are deluded by the WatchTower.

That's why you have such a problem with people exchanging gifts and spending time with family over a holiday. That's why you have to twist Christmas into being some sort of worship, as if we've picked out a special day to celebrate the birth of Christ. Then you spend all your time telling us crap that everyone already knows: Jesus was almost assuredly not even born in December. Why waste your time (and everyone else's) by making statements with which no one disagrees? I do not celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday. Never have. I'd as soon call myself a "Jehovah's Witness" as I had "celebrate Christmas as a religiously-significant holiday". Ditto for Easter.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."