Jump to topic:

The most rational religion?

LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 1:56:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why your religion is better than others? and what reason makes you believe in yours...
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 3:49:16 PM
At 12/26/2013 1:56:16 PM, LAZARUS77 wrote:
Why your religion is better than others? and what reason makes you believe in yours...

As a Catholic I think my religion promotes charity as well as self-sacrifice.

The reason I believe mine is the historical evidence that early disciples were willing to be killed over their belief in Jesus' resurrection, and the historical facts about the origin of the disciples belief in Jesus' resurrection.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 3:53:14 PM
One should believe as I believe as it is truly most rational and righteous of belief systems, if one would call it a belief system.
Turn around, go back.
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:02:03 PM
At 12/26/2013 3:49:16 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
The reason I believe mine is the historical evidence that early disciples were willing to be killed over their belief in Jesus' resurrection, and the historical facts about the origin of the disciples belief in Jesus' resurrection.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

So, Buddhism and Hinduism are true, because Buddhists and Hindus died for what they believed in.

These people died for what they believed in (a cult), therefore that cult was based on truth.

Muslim suicide-bombers confirm Islam to be true.

You truly are an idiot, installgentoo. Or a very successful troll. I am leaning towards the latter statement, personally.
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:03:10 PM
My new religion is love. I am trying to be more kind and gentle, but sometimes I have to dip into tough love. It's a work in progress.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:09:06 PM
I must say that my belief system allows one to consume infants, thus making it superior.
Turn around, go back.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:17:59 PM
Actually, the disciples dying for what they believe in was a unique case. They claimed to have seen Jesus return, while Muslim suicide bombers do not typically claim to have seen Allah personally. If Jesus did not resurrect Himself, the disciples would've known it was all a lie and they would not have died for Him.
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:19:14 PM
At 12/26/2013 4:02:03 PM, InvictusManeo wrote:

So, Buddhism and Hinduism are true, because Buddhists and Hindus died for what they believed in.

These people died for what they believed in (a cult), therefore that cult was based on truth.

You truly are an idiot, installgentoo. Or a very successful troll. I am leaning towards the latter statement, personally.

Baby every religion forbids sucide as much i know unless its not involve political or revenge reasons...
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:29:30 PM
Also, one thing that makes Christianity different is that it actually thrives in persecution. Christianity, unlike cults, lasted well after its Founder died. It expanded under intense persecution from the Roman Empire and from the Jews. The early Christians were gored to death by Bulls, boiled in oil, hacked to death by gladiators etcetera. There were most definitely obstacles to early Christianity, but it expanded like wildfire.
Today, there are a record number of Muslims converting to Christianity...in the Middle East, where many Muslims apparently think it's fun to shoot Christians. China has a lot a Christians too, even though they are also being persecuted. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a thriving community of Christians in North Korea.

In contrast, when there is no persecution, when it's popular to be Christian, the church fills up with fakers, and the church gets a bad name because of all the Mega Church pastors who are caught committing adultery or molesting young boys. Stuff like that. When that happens, the Church grows less popular and the hypocrisy of many church institutions is exposed.
When this happens the door is opened for persecution, and the true church will thrive again.
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:30:06 PM
At 12/26/2013 4:19:14 PM, LAZARUS77 wrote:

Baby every religion forbids sucide as much i know unless its not involve political or revenge reasons...

How is being willing to die indicative of any truth value in their belief system?
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:42:07 PM
At 12/26/2013 4:30:06 PM, InvictusManeo wrote:

How is being willing to die indicative of any truth value in their belief system?

eye for an eye tooth for a tooth maybe?
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:52:26 PM
Yeah, no. People are often willing to die over a multitude of beliefs that they hold to be true. It speaks nothing of whether or not what they believe is true in itself.
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 4:57:50 PM
At 12/26/2013 4:29:30 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Also, one thing that makes Christianity different is that it actually thrives in persecution. Christianity, unlike cults, lasted well after its Founder died. It expanded under intense persecution from the Roman Empire and from the Jews. The early Christians were gored to death by Bulls, boiled in oil, hacked to death by gladiators etcetera. There were most definitely obstacles to early Christianity, but it expanded like wildfire.
Today, there are a record number of Muslims converting to Christianity...in the Middle East, where many Muslims apparently think it's fun to shoot Christians. China has a lot a Christians too, even though they are also being persecuted. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a thriving community of Christians in North Korea.

In contrast, when there is no persecution, when it's popular to be Christian, the church fills up with fakers, and the church gets a bad name because of all the Mega Church pastors who are caught committing adultery or molesting young boys. Stuff like that. When that happens, the Church grows less popular and the hypocrisy of many church institutions is exposed.
When this happens the door is opened for persecution, and the true church will thrive again.

sorry but you think you know something but you dont. Christianity makes different becuase you only know that one. did you learn another religion? i think not... it expanded like wildfire for many reasons, many religion expanded very fast too.

"number of Muslims converting to Christianity" - do you know the fastest growing religion today is islam? christians converting to islam also. and yeah there are fakers in any place its natural human beings are stupid, the main reason is they pointing fingers in the worng direction.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 5:01:04 PM
Oh how it amuses me, men dying for their petty concepts. Oh how their ignorance both pains and humours me.
Turn around, go back.
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 5:09:59 PM
At 12/26/2013 5:01:04 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Oh how it amuses me, men dying for their petty concepts. Oh how their ignorance both pains and humours me.

you have the right to be stupid
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 5:11:26 PM
At 12/26/2013 5:09:59 PM, LAZARUS77 wrote:

I also posses the right to heightened realisation, which I execute in a profound manner.
Turn around, go back.
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 5:14:45 PM
At 12/26/2013 5:11:26 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

I also posses the right to heightened realisation, which I execute in a profound manner.

yeah that also...
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 8:59:54 PM
At 12/26/2013 4:30:06 PM, InvictusManeo wrote:

Their religion caused them to be crucified and die in other horrible ways.

If they were even slightly uncnvinced of their belief-system, they would have renounced Jesus as a liar as soon as they were confronted by the Roman authorities.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 10:36:48 PM
This post of bubbatheclown I think is quite true:

At 12/26/2013 4:29:30 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Bubba, what do you think of Francis?

Btw, my religion, Celestial Torah Christianity, is the most rational in that it is the world's oldest religion and the logic of history says it hasn't been around that long for no rational reason.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2013 11:00:32 PM
"Celestial Torah Christianity"

What in the world is that? Is it some type of Christianity that is still under bondage to the Jewish Law?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 12:27:12 AM
At 12/26/2013 11:24:36 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Buddhism and Judaism.

Judaism > Christianity?

Christianity because of the prophecies of Jesus Christ as told in the Old Testament.
I mean, it's pretty damn insane. As it is well known, books of the Old Testament were written as far as thousands of years before the birth of Jesus Christ.

There are a lot of prophecies that speak of the Messiah that Jesus clearly fulfilled.

I mean, here's a link to 44 passages from the OT that speak of Jesus Christ and it's pretty insane. (1)

Psalms which was written about one thousand years before the life of Jesus clearly describes his crucifixion. It speaks of his hands and feet being pierced with nails, Jesus being given vinegar to drink, and people gambling for his clothing.

(1)http://christianity.about.com...
Nolite Timere
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 12:32:16 AM

Damn right. Just look at those suicide bombers. Oh right... god made them that way.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 12:42:56 AM
At 12/27/2013 12:27:12 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Buddhism and Judaism.

Judaism > Christianity?

Christianity because of the prophecies of Jesus Christ as told in the Old Testament.
I mean, it's pretty damn insane. As it is well known, books of the Old Testament were written as far as thousands of years before the birth of Jesus Christ.

There are a lot of prophecies that speak of the Messiah that Jesus clearly fulfilled.

I mean, here's a link to 44 passages from the OT that speak of Jesus Christ and it's pretty insane. (1)

Psalms which was written about one thousand years before the life of Jesus clearly describes his crucifixion. It speaks of his hands and feet being pierced with nails, Jesus being given vinegar to drink, and people gambling for his clothing.

Many of the Bible verses are twisted out of context on that page, and don't predict anything they say they do. Some of them are stupid as well ("the messiah will be born of a women"? Of course lol). Also, Jesus didn't meet the main prophecies. He was supposed to be a warier and brute ruler, and not someone who died like a common criminal, and hung out with the poor. In fact, it is "insane" how many prophecies he didn't meet.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 12:58:28 AM
At 12/27/2013 12:42:56 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 12/27/2013 12:27:12 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Buddhism and Judaism.

Judaism > Christianity?

Many of the Bible verses are twisted out of context on that page, and don't predict anything they say they do.

How were they taken out of context? The passages conform with many biblical translations.

Some of them are stupid as well ("the messiah will be born of a women"? Of course lol).

One is simply common knowledge. Anyways, it is very easy to believe that the Messiah, who is to be God would not be born, but it would in a divine fashion. By stating that the Messiah will actually be born of a human shows that the Messiah will indeed inherit humanity.

Also, Jesus didn't meet the main prophecies. He was supposed to be a warier and brute ruler, and not someone who died like a common criminal, and hung out with the poor. In fact, it is "insane" how many prophecies he didn't meet.

Prophecies state he was to die like a criminal. I don't know where you pulled that from. Also they compare the Messiah to a warrior and a political leader. This is probably symbolic to his nature.

Show me some Prophecies he didn't meet. I found a link regarding to the very thing you are questioning:

"How is the Messiah going to lead Israel to greatness, while at the same time the Messiah is to be rejected by Israel?
How is the Messiah going to be the ultimate conqueror, yet also be killed in weakness?
How is the Messiah going to usher in world peace (by destroying the wicked), when Israel herself is wicked ("incurably ill, and desperately wicked""said Jeremiah)?
How is the Messiah going to come "on clouds" and "on a donkey" at the same time?
How is Messiah going to come from the line of David (tribe of Judah) and from Levi at the same time?"

This is probably what you are talking about. However, many of these are symbolic, regarding to The Messiah's Godly power. In addition much of it regards to the second coming where evil is finally vanquished, the world will be at peace, ect. ect.
Nolite Timere
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 2:48:01 AM
"Also, Jesus didn't meet the main prophecies. He was supposed to be a warrior and brute ruler, and not someone who died like a common criminal, and hung out with the poor. In fact, it is "insane" how many prophecies he didn't meet."

That is patently not true:

"Who hath believed our message? and to whom hath the arm of Jehovah been revealed? For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who among them considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of my people to whom the stroke was due ? And they made his grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in his death."

The Messiah is never pictured as a literal brute warrior, and His ignoble death is likewise prophesied again and again.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 3:06:35 AM
"He hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief."

This passage, by the way, annihilates MCB's meaningless phrase "perfect human being". I do not propose to know what Jesus looked like, but I know what He didn't look like. He wasn't going to be a pin-up man for GQ. His disciples did not follow Him due to his physical appeal.

"Perfect human being", by the way, is a catch-phrase generally linked to the WatchTower: like so many of their other phrases, it's not found in the pages of Holy Writ. Nonetheless, if you hear someone say, "Jesus died as a perfect human being," it's dollars-to-donuts that he's been sipping on some WatchTower Kool-Aid.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 4:24:15 AM
At 12/27/2013 12:32:16 AM, nummi wrote:

Damn right. Just look at those suicide bombers. Oh right... god made them that way.
So if your god didn't make them then who did? Someone elses god?
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 5:11:08 AM
the most rational religion to be honest is Islam (comparing the 3 abrahamic religions islam christianity and judism) but you must compare side by side not in every matter not cherry picking... or just read both books you will understand.. i dont know too much about budhahism but anyway...
If u eat u excrete it cant be helped