Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 6:41:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/27/2013 1:12:05 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
*facepalm*

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There is no morality without god its just a concept.
If u eat u excrete it cant be helped
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 6:56:49 AM
At 12/27/2013 6:41:35 AM, Somecrap wrote:
*facepalm*

A lot of us already realise that god is just a concept, more accurately a construct. Nice to see you're catching up.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:07:24 AM
At 12/27/2013 6:56:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
*facepalm*

A lot of us already realise that god is just a concept, more accurately a construct. Nice to see you're catching up.

yeah but his rules cant change thats my point...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:10:34 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:07:24 AM, Somecrap wrote:
*facepalm*

Who's rules and who says they don't change?

What are those rules?
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:17:26 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:10:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
*facepalm*

What are those rules?

every command god told... in athiesm there is no good or bad its depend on the persons mind.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:24:32 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:17:26 AM, Somecrap wrote:
*facepalm*

What are those rules?

every command god told... in athiesm there is no good or bad its depend on the persons mind.

And what else is there, other than the writings of ancient goat herders and less ancient camel traders?

MY mind transcends such as them.
Quatermass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:27:43 AM
Sadly some religious folk truly believe that god has the monopoly on morality. And that if you don't have god in your life you can't be good.

They ignore the fact that laws against stealing, killing, adultery, etc were in operation for tens of hundreds of years (such as in China, Egypt and Rome) before moses allegedly came down from Mt. Sinai (or more likely Mt. Horeb) with the ten commandments.
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:35:35 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:24:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
*facepalm*

What are those rules?

And what else is there, other than the writings of ancient goat herders and less ancient camel traders?

That ancient goat herders created empires upon empires and become the most influential person ever lived. you cant dream what he achived in your imaginations.

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad?"" - Lamartine - Histoire de la Turquie,
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:36:23 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:27:43 AM, Quatermass wrote:
Sadly some religious folk truly believe that god has the monopoly on morality. And that if you don't have god in your life you can't be good.

They ignore the fact that laws against stealing, killing, adultery, etc were in operation for tens of hundreds of years (such as in China, Egypt and Rome) before moses allegedly came down from Mt. Sinai (or more likely Mt. Horeb) with the ten commandments.
Genocide, infanticide, human sacrifice and child rape are just a few examples of their god's morals.

My morals are far, far, far, superior. I'll stick to mine thanks.
Quatermass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:38:18 AM
I think in some ways he's right. But his attack on Atheism overshadows the point he is trying to make in that morality is purely a subjective thing.

What I mean by this is that the morality of, say, one country is not the morality of another. In Saudi Arabia a man can have as many wives as he can afford. In America you may only have one wife, and having more than one wife is considered illegal and immoral. In America (growingly) homosexuality is considered okay, where as in Saudi Arabia homosexuality is considered immoral.

In the above examples Religion was the prime dictator in those particular moralities. Particularly in the case of homosexuality, which is why it is now undergoing review and revolution.

I think what the reverand should have said instead is that there is 'no such thing as a good or a bad person'. In that everyone is normal according to the country, society or culture they grow up in. You grow up to consider the goings on of your country, society or culture to be normal behaviour. If you lived in Ancient Maya where the people sacrificed someone (often children) to appease the gods every day, and if that was your only experience of life, being within that culture, then that behaviour would seem normal to you.

If you grew up in Nazi Germany and your only influences in life were Nazi propaganda, you would become a Nazi, that would seem quite normal to you. Your whole family would be Nazi, your friends, friends of friends. It would just seem like the normal and natural thing to do to be a Nazi.

What about religious people in different countries. I am sure that the western Christian considers himself right and moral, going about his business in his idea of what he thinks is good and moral but never once stopping to consider that his iPhone may have been made using slavery and sweatshops, and that his clothes may have been made using forced labour, and so on. Is it moral to use goods made by force labour or slavery?

So I think in that sense the Reverend is correct in what he said, but sort of shot himself in the foot by making it a quasi-attack on Atheists.
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:43:36 AM

yeah thats why in every matter the strong abuses the week. u just write words here seems like a beautiful ideas... in reality its not working,everybody loves his sh!t. lets begin with politics? how people are rubbish today? who cares about each other? nobody everybody and his sucking farts
Quatermass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:44:18 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:36:23 AM, bulproof wrote:

Genocide, infanticide, human sacrifice and child rape are just a few examples of their god's morals.

See my above post, I guess.

But in reply: The morality of the Bible was, again, considered normal to the people of that culture. You perceive your morals to be superior, yes, but to someone else they may be strange or inferior. It's all subjective.
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:44:37 AM

turn off your TV please
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:56:07 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:38:18 AM, Quatermass wrote:
I think in some ways he's right. But his attack on Atheism overshadows the point he is trying to make in that morality is purely a subjective thing.

What I mean by this is that the morality of, say, one country is not the morality of another. In Saudi Arabia a man can have as many wives as he can afford. In America you may only have one wife, and having more than one wife is considered illegal and immoral. In America (growingly) homosexuality is considered okay, where as in Saudi Arabia homosexuality is considered immoral.

In the above examples Religion was the prime dictator in those particular moralities. Particularly in the case of homosexuality, which is why it is now undergoing review and revolution.

I think what the reverand should have said instead is that there is 'no such thing as a good or a bad person'. In that everyone is normal according to the country, society or culture they grow up in. You grow up to consider the goings on of your country, society or culture to be normal behaviour. If you lived in Ancient Maya where the people sacrificed someone (often children) to appease the gods every day, and if that was your only experience of life, being within that culture, then that behaviour would seem normal to you.

If you grew up in Nazi Germany and your only influences in life were Nazi propaganda, you would become a Nazi, that would seem quite normal to you. Your whole family would be Nazi, your friends, friends of friends. It would just seem like the normal and natural thing to do to be a Nazi.

What about religious people in different countries. I am sure that the western Christian considers himself right and moral, going about his business in his idea of what he thinks is good and moral but never once stopping to consider that his iPhone may have been made using slavery and sweatshops, and that his clothes may have been made using forced labour, and so on. Is it moral to use goods made by force labour or slavery?

So I think in that sense the Reverend is correct in what he said, but sort of shot himself in the foot by making it a quasi-attack on Atheists.

You see that isn't actually true. I could never be a Nazi, because I believe in equality. Being normal in most societies has not included homosexuality and in most still does not. If I was homosexual I would much prefer to have been born in the west these last several hundred years.

When discussing child labour etc we are discussing the problem of the Nazi's I mentioned earlier.
The corporations who employ these tactics are nowhere near as open as the Nazi's were but their endgame is the same..............TOTAL CONTROL

First world countries will be reduced to thirdworld while the thirdworld is elevated to firstworld status and the cycle will continue. The winners will be the 1% who control the wealth.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:58:49 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:44:37 AM, Somecrap wrote:

turn off your TV please

Your islamic spy network is faulty, I don't have one.

Turn on your brain please.

Oh I'm sorry.

YOU don't have one.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:08:50 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:58:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:44:37 AM, Somecrap wrote:

turn off your TV please

Your islamic spy network is faulty, I don't have one.

Turn on your brain please.

Oh I'm sorry.

YOU don't have one.

Ho boy you atheists sure owned that fundie. *tips fedora
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:09:32 AM

im not saying all athiests r bad... but as u said its can change by society ,by pressure etc... so its not standing on absolute point. on the wives things there are reasons u can explain like - in europe or as u said USA there r 7 million more women than men what u gonna do with 7 miliion?? and u know there r 25 millions of gays in america and more males in prisons than female, and every man dont marry for many reasons... so what we gonna do with those outnumber? maybe u dont like it cuz perhaps u have a husband/wive but its a solution.. and im not Reverend lol.
Quatermass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:10:04 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:56:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
You see that isn't actually true. I could never be a Nazi, because I believe in equality. Being normal in most societies has not included homosexuality and in most still does not. If I was homosexual I would much prefer to have been born in the west these last several hundred years.

No, you learned to believe in equality from your upbringing in a culture and society that allows for it. But if you had been born in Nazi Germany and knew nothing else, other than Nazi values, you would become a Nazi. You wouldn't - couldn't - know any different. You would have been conditioned - just as the German people were - to Nazi values.

You believe it would be impossible to be a Nazi and that may be true, but you're thinking about the subject based on your current conditioning. The conditioning you'd get in Nazi Germany wouldn't give you even a hint of the idea of equality.

When discussing child labour etc we are discussing the problem of the Nazi's I mentioned earlier.
The corporations who employ these tactics are nowhere near as open as the Nazi's were but their endgame is the same..............TOTAL CONTROL

But people - religious or otherwise - still buy and use their products on a daily basis.

First world countries will be reduced to thirdworld while the thirdworld is elevated to
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:12:45 AM
*facepalm*

And you actually believe that Christians are morally better people when they have killed people in the name of their "Jesus" and lie to each other in every false god (churches built with human hands ) they gather in?
Somecrap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:15:06 AM

First world countries will be reduced to thirdworld while the thirdworld is elevated to firstworld status and the cycle will continue. The winners will be the 1% who control the wealth.

u think u could never be a Nazi cuz u r programmed, look everybody programmed me u all so no u would be a nazi more likely in that time me too, u r a christian yeah?? one of their propaganda was brainwashed the masses that jew r CHRIST KILLERS ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE... so yeah u would be a NAZI.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:32:05 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:10:04 AM, Quatermass wrote:

No, you learned to believe in equality from your upbringing in a culture and society that allows for it. But if you had been born in Nazi Germany and knew nothing else, other than Nazi values, you would become a Nazi. You wouldn't - couldn't - know any different. You would have been conditioned - just as the German people were - to Nazi values.

You believe it would be impossible to be a Nazi and that may be true, but you're thinking about the subject based on your current conditioning. The conditioning you'd get in Nazi Germany wouldn't give you even a hint of the idea of equality.

But people - religious or otherwise - still buy and use their products on a daily basis.

First world countries will be reduced to thirdworld while the thirdworld is elevated to

So now you're making the claim that at least 6 generations of rejection of oppressive rule could be changed by Nazi propaganda?
Good luck with that.
Quatermass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:55:22 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:32:05 AM, bulproof wrote:

So now you're making the claim that at least 6 generations of rejection of oppressive rule could be changed by Nazi propaganda?
Good luck with that.

Not necessarily Nazi propaganda, but any correctly handled conditioning can change your worldview. The human mind is surprisingly elastic.

Before the rise of Hitler the German people were a Democracy and believed in equality too. They were normal human beings. Yet Hitler managed to turn them against the Jews by correctly managing how the Jews were seen in all kinds of media and daily life. You should read up on it, sometimes 'communication in Nazi Germany'.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 8:58:17 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:55:22 AM, Quatermass wrote:

Good luck with that.

Not necessarily Nazi propaganda, but any correctly handled conditioning can change your worldview. The human mind is surprisingly elastic.

Before the rise of Hitler the German people were a Democracy and believed in equality too. They were normal human beings. Yet Hitler managed to turn them against the Jews by correctly managing how the Jews were seen in all kinds of media and daily life. You should read up on it, sometimes 'communication in Nazi Germany'.
He didn't convince everybody.
Quatermass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 9:10:40 AM
At 12/27/2013 8:58:17 AM, bulproof wrote:

Good luck with that.

True. But he convinced enough of the German people to allow the Holocaust to take place.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:48:32 AM
At 12/27/2013 9:10:40 AM, Quatermass wrote:
At 12/27/2013 8:58:17 AM, bulproof wrote:

Good luck with that.

True. But he convinced enough of the German people to allow the Holocaust to take place.

I wonder why Hitler hid the holocaust from the german people?

Maybe his conditioning wasn't as all powerful as you are claiming?

I don't take kindly to authority, you go off and be a nazi, I am made of better stuff.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:50:37 AM
At 12/27/2013 7:35:35 AM, Somecrap wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:24:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
*facepalm*

What are those rules?

That ancient goat herders created empires upon empires and become the most influential person ever lived. you cant dream what he achived in your imaginations.

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad?"" - Lamartine - Histoire de la Turquie,
The goatherds were the Jews. You may want to try again with the camel guy.