Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Radical pastor: agree or disagree?

KaleBevilacqua
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?
b29; Humanist b29; Sex-Positive b29; Egalitarian b29; Pro-Choice b29; Pro-LGBTQIA+ Rights b29; Anti-Racism b29; Critical of the Feminist Movement b29; Men's Rights Activist b29; Pro-Vaccine b29; Pro-Disabled Rights b29;
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:54:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

Hardly seems radical. This guy is more a Christian than those who spew vitriol and hate.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 11:33:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

His words mean nothing cause quite simply to alot of people.......

God hates sin
Homosexuality is a sin
Ergo God hates homosexuality

And if it's good enough for God to hate it, then its good enough for me.

Isn't it great that you don't have to examine yourself, or give account to yourself if you can just throw it all on God, hey its not me, its God................

Now let me tell you something about interracial marriage..................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 2:26:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

I am glad you poised this question because it is a topic "contemporary Christians" need to have an open and honest discussion about.

First off, I do not believe this pastor is radical. Not even close. Jesus, He was radical, Early Christianity was radical, even the protestant reformation, that was considered radical by Catholics given the definition of the word "radical".

Radical Defined: Relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough. A person who advocates thorough or complete political or social reform;

Based on this, this is not what the pastor is saying. In the article, this pastor says.

"The fact of the matter is, it doesn"t matter whether or not you think homosexuality is a sin. Let me say that again. It does not matter if you think homosexuality is a sin, or if you think it is simply another expression of human love. It doesn"t matter. Why doesn"t it matter? Because people are dying. Kids are literally killing themselves because they are so tired of being rejected and dehumanized that they feel their only option left is to end their life. As a Youth Pastor, this makes me physically ill. And as a human, it should make you feel the same way. So, I"m through with the debate."

In this spirit, I agree with him. I am done debating it. I have moved on and it does not matter what I think as an individual or a Christian. I know Christians who think birth control is a sin, I know Christians who think alcohol and caffeine is a sin, I know Christians who had sex before marriage who think this is a sin. My point is, I know Christians who sin, because to know a Christian, is to know a sinner...

The line between good and evil runs THROUGH everyone and everything! It is not that some people are good and some are evil, or some things (like church, family and morality) are good while others (like sex, politics, science) are evil. No. All things and all peoples have good and evil intertwined within them.

All things belong to God but all things have also been tainted by sin. There is nothing either in creation or in ourselves that we can point to and say, "Look! This here is untouched by sin, this here is as good as it was originally when God created it " this we can use to bring us closer to God.

When it comes to judgement, I just assume let God handle it. Is Homosexuality a sin, sure, why not.. Scripture supports this. So now what, how does or how should Christians treat this sin. Should all sin be treated equally? The point is, this issue is not really about the sin itself, it is about acceptance of the sin and broadening one's social awareness. You can not prohibit a Christian from sinning. God gave man a free will. The truth is, this issue is more about politics and less about God in many Christian churches across the country. Something in my gut tells me this is also a sin.... Two wrongs don't make a right.

There is no spot on this earth that is outside of God"s rule or outside of God"s grace: "the whole earth is full of God"s glory" (Isaiah 6:3)

Just my opinion, thanks for letting me preach from your pulpit!
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:31:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Who says that homosexuality is a sin and what are the fibres in the clothes you wear?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 1:54:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/27/2013 7:54:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

Hardly seems radical. This guy is more a Christian than those who spew vitriol and hate.

Do you even read articles about Christians before calling them hateful?
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 2:52:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 9:31:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Who says that homosexuality is a sin and what are the fibres in the clothes you wear?

Well Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27 does. And explain what you mean by fibres in my clothes
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 3:51:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 2:52:07 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/31/2013 9:31:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Who says that homosexuality is a sin and what are the fibres in the clothes you wear?

Well Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27 does. And explain what you mean by fibres in my clothes
As a christian aren't you meant to follow the teachings of christ ? What did he say about homosexuality? If you wear mixed fibres you are committing an abomination as atrocious as homosexuality according to leviticus.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 8:58:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 1:54:31 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:54:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

Hardly seems radical. This guy is more a Christian than those who spew vitriol and hate.

Do you even read articles about Christians before calling them hateful?

Did you even read what I said? Nowhere did I say all Christians are hateful.
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:15:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 3:51:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 2:52:07 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/31/2013 9:31:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Who says that homosexuality is a sin and what are the fibres in the clothes you wear?

Well Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27 does. And explain what you mean by fibres in my clothes
As a christian aren't you meant to follow the teachings of christ ? What did he say about homosexuality? If you wear mixed fibres you are committing an abomination as atrocious as homosexuality according to leviticus.

Yes I'm to follow the teachings of Jesus, but Romans was inspired by God as well, and that says homosexuality is a sin. As for your "witty" comment on fibres, you should study the importance of Christ's death more often first. His crucifixion did away with all Jewish ceremonial laws, signified by the ripping of the veil in the Temple, but clarified in Ephesians 2:15,
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace"
See, no more law of commandments of ordinances. Homosexuality is a moral commandment, not a ceremonial commandment, and moral laws are still effective in the NT (Romans 13:9), but fibres or other things are not, they are ceremonial.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 6:52:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 11:15:03 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/1/2014 3:51:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 2:52:07 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/31/2013 9:31:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Who says that homosexuality is a sin and what are the fibres in the clothes you wear?

Well Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27 does. And explain what you mean by fibres in my clothes
As a christian aren't you meant to follow the teachings of christ ? What did he say about homosexuality? If you wear mixed fibres you are committing an abomination as atrocious as homosexuality according to leviticus.

Yes I'm to follow the teachings of Jesus, but Romans was inspired by God as well, and that says homosexuality is a sin. As for your "witty" comment on fibres, you should study the importance of Christ's death more often first. His crucifixion did away with all Jewish ceremonial laws, signified by the ripping of the veil in the Temple, but clarified in Ephesians 2:15,
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace"
See, no more law of commandments of ordinances. Homosexuality is a moral commandment, not a ceremonial commandment, and moral laws are still effective in the NT (Romans 13:9), but fibres or other things are not, they are ceremonial.
And god appointed you the arbiter os ceremonial and moral laws? Congratulations, your mum must be proud of you.

Paul in Romans actually states that your god made these people participate in homosexual behaviour as punishment for worshiping false gods.

Now as a christian you claim to not be a follower of christ but a follower of paul, wow?

What did jesus say about homosexuality?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 7:41:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 6:52:10 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:15:03 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/1/2014 3:51:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 2:52:07 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/31/2013 9:31:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Who says that homosexuality is a sin and what are the fibres in the clothes you wear?

Well Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27 does. And explain what you mean by fibres in my clothes
As a christian aren't you meant to follow the teachings of christ ? What did he say about homosexuality? If you wear mixed fibres you are committing an abomination as atrocious as homosexuality according to leviticus.

Yes I'm to follow the teachings of Jesus, but Romans was inspired by God as well, and that says homosexuality is a sin. As for your "witty" comment on fibres, you should study the importance of Christ's death more often first. His crucifixion did away with all Jewish ceremonial laws, signified by the ripping of the veil in the Temple, but clarified in Ephesians 2:15,
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace"
See, no more law of commandments of ordinances. Homosexuality is a moral commandment, not a ceremonial commandment, and moral laws are still effective in the NT (Romans 13:9), but fibres or other things are not, they are ceremonial.
And god appointed you the arbiter os ceremonial and moral laws? Congratulations, your mum must be proud of you.

Paul in Romans actually states that your god made these people participate in homosexual behaviour as punishment for worshiping false gods.

Now as a christian you claim to not be a follower of christ but a follower of paul, wow?

What did jesus say about homosexuality?

Well I read the whole Bible, not just what Jesus said
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:19:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:41:19 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/1/2014 6:52:10 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:15:03 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/1/2014 3:51:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 2:52:07 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/31/2013 9:31:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 7:44:25 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:28:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:54:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:24:14 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:20:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 2:52:27 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 12/27/2013 7:50:34 PM, KaleBevilacqua wrote:
A youth pastor wrote a post on his theology blog called "What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn't Matter," which is quite a radical notion. He puts forth the idea that the rampant dehumanization and rejection of gay folks is so serious that they need all the acceptance and care they can get. To quote: "When faced with the choice between being theologically correct"as if this is even possible"and being morally responsible, I"ll go with morally responsible every time."

Here's the link: http://intheparlor.wordpress.com...

So, if anyone cares to read the aforementioned article, what do you think? Any quibbles with it?

The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell, so not telling them they are in sin is worse. Wouldn't you rather that the doctor tell you that you have cancer, instead of hiding it lest you be sad, depressed, and possibly kill yourself. the truth might hurt, but it's the truth.

"The fact of the matter is that these gay teens are going to a burning Hell..." Says who? You?

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged" (Mathew 7.2)

I don't usually throw out Biblical verses, but in this case I felt it was appropriate. Are you suggesting that all homosexuals will burn in hell because of this sin? I can't help but ask, what will be your punishment for your sin? Will you be going to a burning Hell as you put it for all of the sins you have and will continue to commit?

Is Christ' salvation reserved for "some" Christians but not others? This is not the Christ I know nor do I believe what you preach. It is apparent, you have a fundamental understanding and view of Christianity. This is your prerogative. You should know, not everyone who practices Christianity or lives a Christian life, believes as you do. I certainly don't because I believe your religious / church dogma, which I have witnessed and experienced personally is unfortunately obfuscating the true nature of God's gift of universal and unconditional love. This is unfortunate for you because it will stifle your relationship with God.

It's all good though, good luck with your spiritual growth.

Well Semper I'm not gonna burn because I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. When I refer to homosexuals I am saying that they are unsaved and haven't been redeemed, which would send them to Hell.

Ruckmanite, I get that, I really do. I appreciate where you are coming from. But the same can be said about anyone who has not been "redeemed" as you put it.

Why put the homosexual label on it bud? Why single out homosexuals. What purpose does this serve? It only causes division and does not foster oneness with God. This is what God is after. What about the homosexual who is a Christian, the homosexual who has Jesus for salvation. Is he or she any less redeemed than you? I know, I know, the argument that will be made, "Yeah, but they are still homosexuals and they are living in sin!" Exactly! I get it, and guess what, 93% of the world's population which means roughly 93% of Christians masturbate and will continue to toss off for the rest of their life. I suspect the other 7% just won't admit it. Is tossing off a sin? Sure, why not, scripture supports this. Just as I said regarding homosexuality. Now what? Should we condemn people who jerk off to a burning Hell?

Should we make signs that read "God Hates Masturbaters!" Off course not, it would alienate the entire congregation, embarrass the pastor and cause his wife to blush. Bro, I am not trying to convince you homosexuality is not a sin, I am simply trying to show you unfair and uncalled for contempt we as a society perpetuate through intellectual dishonesty that manifest itself through people as hate. This is not Godly and I think in your heart, you know this.

I would tell a gay teen that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Masturbation and Homosexuality are both sins, and I'm only telling the guy he's going to Hell for messing up just as badly as I did. We both have the disease, I'm willing to admit I had mine cured by the blood of Jesus, why can't the homosexual admit his sin too? I can, you can, multiple other christians can...

So you no longer sin?? WOW????
I didn't say I no longer sin, I said I have been forgiven by Jesus Christ. And homosexuals can too, for THEIR SIN just like mine. I'll point any sin out, not just homosexuals, that just happened to be the topic of this forum.
Who says that homosexuality is a sin and what are the fibres in the clothes you wear?

Well Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27 does. And explain what you mean by fibres in my clothes
As a christian aren't you meant to follow the teachings of christ ? What did he say about homosexuality? If you wear mixed fibres you are committing an abomination as atrocious as homosexuality according to leviticus.

Yes I'm to follow the teachings of Jesus, but Romans was inspired by God as well, and that says homosexuality is a sin. As for your "witty" comment on fibres, you should study the importance of Christ's death more often first. His crucifixion did away with all Jewish ceremonial laws, signified by the ripping of the veil in the Temple, but clarified in Ephesians 2:15,
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace"
See, no more law of commandments of ordinances. Homosexuality is a moral commandment, not a ceremonial commandment, and moral laws are still effective in the NT (Romans 13:9), but fibres or other things are not, they are ceremonial.
And god appointed you the arbiter os ceremonial and moral laws? Congratulations, your mum must be proud of you.

Paul in Romans actually states that your god made these people participate in homosexual behaviour as punishment for worshiping false gods.

Now as a christian you claim to not be a follower of christ but a follower of paul, wow?

What did jesus say about homosexuality?

Well I read the whole Bible, not just what Jesus said
So you are not a follower of christ you are a devotee of the bible, yes?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:43:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

And who told you to believe in the bible?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:46:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

What is your point? I believe that the men were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the whole Bible which condemns homosexuality. Since the Holy Spirit speaks truth, and was sent by Jesus (John 15) then Jesus must not approve of homosexuality. Your ridiculous logic that "since jesus never said anything about it, it must not matter," is the dumbest, most absurd, illogical mess you could ever drum up. Jesus didn't say anything about rape, either? Is that ok?
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:02:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 11:46:50 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

What is your point? I believe that the men were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the whole Bible which condemns homosexuality. Since the Holy Spirit speaks truth, and was sent by Jesus (John 15) then Jesus must not approve of homosexuality. Your ridiculous logic that "since jesus never said anything about it, it must not matter," is the dumbest, most absurd, illogical mess you could ever drum up. Jesus didn't say anything about rape, either? Is that ok?
So now we've got another starter in the race.
We've got iron age goat herds who believe that you should stone your children to death for disobeying you.
and you believe them.
We've got jesus who didn't condemn homosexuality
and you don't believe him
Now we've got a holy ghost who hasn't said a bloody thing
and you believe what he hasn't said

Do I have it right now?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:05:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/3/2014 12:02:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:46:50 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

What is your point? I believe that the men were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the whole Bible which condemns homosexuality. Since the Holy Spirit speaks truth, and was sent by Jesus (John 15) then Jesus must not approve of homosexuality. Your ridiculous logic that "since jesus never said anything about it, it must not matter," is the dumbest, most absurd, illogical mess you could ever drum up. Jesus didn't say anything about rape, either? Is that ok?
So now we've got another starter in the race.
We've got iron age goat herds who believe that you should stone your children to death for disobeying you.
and you believe them.
We've got jesus who didn't condemn homosexuality
and you don't believe him
Now we've got a holy ghost who hasn't said a bloody thing
and you believe what he hasn't said

Do I have it right now?

When you stop being bigoted and actually read what I wrote, then we can talk again. It's obvious you didn't read my last statement, or want to ignore it, so why should I respond?
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:12:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/3/2014 12:05:22 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:02:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:46:50 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

What is your point? I believe that the men were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the whole Bible which condemns homosexuality. Since the Holy Spirit speaks truth, and was sent by Jesus (John 15) then Jesus must not approve of homosexuality. Your ridiculous logic that "since jesus never said anything about it, it must not matter," is the dumbest, most absurd, illogical mess you could ever drum up. Jesus didn't say anything about rape, either? Is that ok?
So now we've got another starter in the race.
We've got iron age goat herds who believe that you should stone your children to death for disobeying you.
and you believe them.
We've got jesus who didn't condemn homosexuality
and you don't believe him
Now we've got a holy ghost who hasn't said a bloody thing
and you believe what he hasn't said

Do I have it right now?

When you stop being bigoted and actually read what I wrote, then we can talk again. It's obvious you didn't read my last statement, or want to ignore it, so why should I respond?

In that case it was your holy ghost who called for stoning your disobedient children to death. Do you follow his holy instructions?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:18:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/3/2014 12:12:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:05:22 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:02:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:46:50 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

What is your point? I believe that the men were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the whole Bible which condemns homosexuality. Since the Holy Spirit speaks truth, and was sent by Jesus (John 15) then Jesus must not approve of homosexuality. Your ridiculous logic that "since jesus never said anything about it, it must not matter," is the dumbest, most absurd, illogical mess you could ever drum up. Jesus didn't say anything about rape, either? Is that ok?
So now we've got another starter in the race.
We've got iron age goat herds who believe that you should stone your children to death for disobeying you.
and you believe them.
We've got jesus who didn't condemn homosexuality
and you don't believe him
Now we've got a holy ghost who hasn't said a bloody thing
and you believe what he hasn't said

Do I have it right now?

When you stop being bigoted and actually read what I wrote, then we can talk again. It's obvious you didn't read my last statement, or want to ignore it, so why should I respond?

In that case it was your holy ghost who called for stoning your disobedient children to death. Do you follow his holy instructions?

John 1:17, "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." Remember, Jesus Christ has the little children come unto Him. There is mercy and grace under Jesus Christ now, unlike the OT times. And NO, this is not picking and choosing, this is studying and rightly dividing the Bible (2 timothy 2:15).
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:21:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/3/2014 12:18:17 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:12:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:05:22 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:02:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:46:50 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

What is your point? I believe that the men were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the whole Bible which condemns homosexuality. Since the Holy Spirit speaks truth, and was sent by Jesus (John 15) then Jesus must not approve of homosexuality. Your ridiculous logic that "since jesus never said anything about it, it must not matter," is the dumbest, most absurd, illogical mess you could ever drum up. Jesus didn't say anything about rape, either? Is that ok?
So now we've got another starter in the race.
We've got iron age goat herds who believe that you should stone your children to death for disobeying you.
and you believe them.
We've got jesus who didn't condemn homosexuality
and you don't believe him
Now we've got a holy ghost who hasn't said a bloody thing
and you believe what he hasn't said

Do I have it right now?

When you stop being bigoted and actually read what I wrote, then we can talk again. It's obvious you didn't read my last statement, or want to ignore it, so why should I respond?

In that case it was your holy ghost who called for stoning your disobedient children to death. Do you follow his holy instructions?

John 1:17, "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." Remember, Jesus Christ has the little children come unto Him. There is mercy and grace under Jesus Christ now, unlike the OT times. And NO, this is not picking and choosing, this is studying and rightly dividing the Bible (2 timothy 2:15).

So the mosaic law doesn't count therefore because jesus never mentioned homosexuality it can't be a sin by your account.

You people just get so confused because you can't even see the contradictions in your nonsensical beliefs.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:25:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/3/2014 12:21:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:18:17 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:12:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:05:22 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/3/2014 12:02:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:46:50 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:42:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2014 11:40:59 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
I am both a believer in the Bible and follower of Christ.

So what did jesus say about homosexuality?

What is your point? I believe that the men were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the whole Bible which condemns homosexuality. Since the Holy Spirit speaks truth, and was sent by Jesus (John 15) then Jesus must not approve of homosexuality. Your ridiculous logic that "since jesus never said anything about it, it must not matter," is the dumbest, most absurd, illogical mess you could ever drum up. Jesus didn't say anything about rape, either? Is that ok?
So now we've got another starter in the race.
We've got iron age goat herds who believe that you should stone your children to death for disobeying you.
and you believe them.
We've got jesus who didn't condemn homosexuality
and you don't believe him
Now we've got a holy ghost who hasn't said a bloody thing
and you believe what he hasn't said

Do I have it right now?

When you stop being bigoted and actually read what I wrote, then we can talk again. It's obvious you didn't read my last statement, or want to ignore it, so why should I respond?

In that case it was your holy ghost who called for stoning your disobedient children to death. Do you follow his holy instructions?

John 1:17, "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." Remember, Jesus Christ has the little children come unto Him. There is mercy and grace under Jesus Christ now, unlike the OT times. And NO, this is not picking and choosing, this is studying and rightly dividing the Bible (2 timothy 2:15).

So the mosaic law doesn't count therefore because jesus never mentioned homosexuality it can't be a sin by your account.

You people just get so confused because you can't even see the contradictions in your nonsensical beliefs.

Do you just block out the ENTIRE NT?????? Remember romans 1:26-27?????
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James