Jump to topic:

Did the Pope really say this?

muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 12:57:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God" Pope Francis declared.

Apparently, this "quote" is from an article that is similar to the ones you would find in The Onion, but it seems some media corporations and liberal facebook pages are reporting this as factual.

If this is true, it makes me love Pope Francis even more. I might even convert to Catholicism. This is effing awesome if true. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be true.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 2:54:21 AM
I'm this Jewish Christian Gnostic religious visionary and prophesy bearer with a big new Good News! to impart to the world, the Celestial Torah Christianity spiritual information God led me to find and recover. Plus the the two major Visions still in spiritual motion I'm stewarding in Israel/Palestine and here in America, and I too am flat out flabberghasted at what Pope Francis is doing. It is incredible. He is actually doing the real Christian walk!

It does make you want to think about becoming a Catholic. My God, what a Role Model for Christianity in our times. Utterly amazing.

My grandmother, of Jewish converso ancestry was Catholic and most of my childhood friends were too. Shoes of the Fisherman, will Francis sell the Vatican next?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 3:38:11 AM
I doubt that the pope would call the Genesis narrative "a fable".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 3:43:54 AM
biomystic: "I'm this Jewish Christian Gnostic religious visionary and prophesy bearer"

You can't be. God already knocked "bornofgod" to the floor, altered his DNA, and made him the only one through which He speaks. That leaves you out, unless you believe his testimony.

Also, he proved his claim by a new and novel method: he simply made the claim. No proof. No miracles. Bornofgod, however, does not have a sword.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:36:30 AM
It would seem that he's scaring the bejeesus out of the conservatives. Nothing wrong with that.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:53:37 AM
The snopes site puts the fictitious statement reportedly from the pope right alongside the claim that Obama designated November to be "Muslim Appreciation Month".
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 9:12:20 AM
At 12/28/2013 4:53:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
The snopes site puts the fictitious statement reportedly from the pope right alongside the claim that Obama designated November to be "Muslim Appreciation Month".

Anna, I have to ask you. One, are you a man posting as a woman? Your aggressive style I associate with male posters and not women. Two, are you a Christian because I can't see any Christian attitude in your posts--they're not there. You're filled with anger at others and have nothing in yourself to offer but continuous negativity.

Pope Francis is a miracle thus far and if he keeps it up and opens the Catholic Church to the kind of "spiritual, not religious" meaning doctrine be damned if it causes people not to love one another and Help one another, I might just join as a Celestial Torah Catholic Christian. Someone in high authority needs to Revolutionize the world but not with guns this time--that's a literal dead end path--but with Spirit of Christ in action so that the world finally sees what being a Christian is all about.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 7:00:00 PM
it's basically the atheist / homosexual wish list for the pope .. there has been no third vatican counsel .. we'll see if and when and how close he complies the their wet dreams .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. everything I see so far leads me to believe that he might indeed be the False prophet of Revelation 13 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. happy new year
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 8:57:59 PM
At 12/28/2013 12:57:22 AM, muslimnomore wrote:
"The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God" Pope Francis declared.

Apparently, this "quote" is from an article that is similar to the ones you would find in The Onion, but it seems some media corporations and liberal facebook pages are reporting this as factual.

If this is true, it makes me love Pope Francis even more. I might even convert to Catholicism. This is effing awesome if true. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be true.

I've been saying that hell doesn't exist since God taught began teaching me his hidden knowledge over five years ago. Pope Francis is still a fraud because he accepted the position of being the pope, which has nothing to do with what a true saint is who are created to speak for our Creator.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 9:54:26 PM
At 12/28/2013 8:57:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I've been saying that hell doesn't exist since God taught began teaching me his hidden knowledge over five years ago. Pope Francis is still a fraud because he accepted the position of being the pope, which has nothing to do with what a true saint is who are created to speak for our Creator.

what's your favourite drink?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 10:29:56 PM
At 12/28/2013 9:54:26 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 12/28/2013 8:57:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:

what's your favourite drink?

Water and decaffeinated coffee with a little sugar and cream in it.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 11:52:04 PM
My Biomystical and Celestial Torah Christian beliefs going back 34 years now have never included the Bible Hell mythology which is actually based on the ancient Egyptian conception of a lake of fire awaiting those souls found without any redeeming qualities. The lesser sinners got sent back to earth reincarnated as pigs which is the true source of the Jewish and Muslim pork prohibition. No one wants to eat their relatives...

Francis got it spiritually right. As well as logically correct. If you are a true God of Love and truly love humanity, and you are God after all, capable of doing ANYTHING, well, just as faulty dna produces the body disfigurement no one's fault at all, so to does God know what happened to produce the faulty human being who hurts others intentionally or unintentionally. It would be a completely hypocritical God who on one hand says Forgiveness of Sins is the mark of the Christ-conscious person and yet God can't forgive? Doesn't compute. God forgives sin and sinners. Told us Christians to do the same and Francis doesn't seem to have a problem with this teaching of God and Jesus.

But it's telling now how Evangelical Christians are teaming up with Evangelical Atheists to diss Pope Francis who by any objective standards is doing the true Christian walk and not just the talk as have so many of his predecessors.
bemkapeace
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 8:55:04 AM
The source of this post is (http://diversitychronicle.wordpress.com...)
Erik Thorson, the owner and author of the post says in his disclaimer (http://diversitychronicle.wordpress.com...):
>>>The original content on this blog is largely satirical.

"I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one"s opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us." " Georg Christoph Lichtenberg.

It is in the spirit of the above quote that I write. Who am I you may ask? My name is Erik Thorson. I created this blog for my own personal amusement.<<<

Since the world enjoys romours and stuff that "tickles" the ears, there you have it, spreading on! Thanks for asking and not assuming!