Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 1:25:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 1:10:46 AM, TF2PRO wrote:
how's the kindest way to do this.
The kindest thing a person can do is just tell it as it is!

Religion is human devised BS!

Tough Love is what I call it!
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 1:28:02 AM
Go to a mirror and say, "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who is the brightest and most beautiful one of all?" And stand back...
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 2:35:52 AM
At 12/28/2013 2:28:49 AM, TF2PRO wrote:
Christianity

That's an awful lot of religious groups right there. Is the guy you're talking to a Roman Catholic, an Orthodox, a Protestant?...
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 11:01:19 AM

Why do you feel compelled to tell someone this? That question is probably much more interesting. I am not a "religious" person per se, and I certainly believe some of what you say is valid, however; If someone is religious, I respect that and them. The same way I respect a homosexual, a liberal, a communist, or even a politician. A lot of practices and beliefs are B.S. Me telling them it is won't change their mind or benefit me in anyway. It will only cause friction, angst and probably burn a bridge.

Now if this is your goal, I would suggest in addition to telling them their religion is bull-sh*t, tell them you also think they are full of sh*t. This way it is clear to them that your sh*t does not stink.
Cortney.ewing86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 11:02:08 AM
At 12/28/2013 2:28:49 AM, TF2PRO wrote:
Christianity

Christianity is nothing but BS it makes no sense
and they all do opposite of the word of God but
try to be soooo religious i dont get it.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 12:57:45 PM
At 12/28/2013 11:01:19 AM, SemperVI wrote:

Why do you feel compelled to tell someone this?

https://www.youtube.com....
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 1:29:21 PM
At 12/28/2013 12:57:45 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

Sorry, I don't follow links to youtube. If it is not worth your time to write it, it is not worth my time to respond to it.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 1:35:15 PM
At 12/28/2013 1:29:21 PM, SemperVI wrote:

Sorry, I don't follow links to youtube. If it is not worth your time to write it, it is not worth my time to respond to it.

It's just a funny parody of your typical atheist neckbeard on facebook.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 1:41:33 PM
At 12/28/2013 1:35:15 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 12/28/2013 1:29:21 PM, SemperVI wrote:

It's just a funny parody of your typical atheist neckbeard on facebook.

Neckbeard, lol, now that made me laugh! Alright, i will check it out :)
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 2:01:56 PM

If you want to talk about the topic. Discuss it civilly without the emotional gibes and without intentionally trying to give each other aneurysms. My recommendation is to be patient with those whom you disagree with. Telling them that religion is BS can just make people angry.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 9:38:14 AM
At 12/28/2013 1:28:02 AM, biomystic wrote:
Go to a mirror and say, "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who is the brightest and most beautiful one of all?" And stand back...

Christians only know what they see in a mirror.

We saints know what isn't reflected in a mirror and that is where we all exist.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 9:43:58 AM
At 12/28/2013 2:01:56 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:

If you want to talk about the topic. Discuss it civilly without the emotional gibes and without intentionally trying to give each other aneurysms. My recommendation is to be patient with those whom you disagree with. Telling them that religion is BS can just make people angry.

I use scriptures to support the fact that religious people are liars.

Acts 17:
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
15: They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

We won't have religion in the next age after God destroys this world soon.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 10:09:14 AM
At 12/29/2013 9:43:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Well I would clarify the idea that everyone that is religious is not Christian or Muslim or monotheistic for that matter. The scripture verses you listed only apply to those who subscribe to that doctrine.

To call them liars suggests that they know what they are claiming is not true and saying it anyways. Are you sure about that? You shouldn't call someone a liar unless they are intentionally being dishonest and saying false statements.

But I misread what you said so excuse me please. Actually, you can tell someone what you want regardless because telling and discussing are two different actions. You don't need someone's permission to tell them anything. It is your choice to decide what your trying to gain when approaching these people.

In my book, God has been dead since the 18th or 19th century so I need not worry about it. Plus God has existed for only four millenia. Human beings have been around for over a hundred ninety millenia allegedly.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 10:22:54 AM
At 12/29/2013 10:09:14 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 12/29/2013 9:43:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Well I would clarify the idea that everyone that is religious is not Christian or Muslim or monotheistic for that matter. The scripture verses you listed only apply to those who subscribe to that doctrine.

To call them liars suggests that they know what they are claiming is not true and saying it anyways. Are you sure about that? You shouldn't call someone a liar unless they are intentionally being dishonest and saying false statements.

But I misread what you said so excuse me please. Actually, you can tell someone what you want regardless because telling and discussing are two different actions. You don't need someone's permission to tell them anything. It is your choice to decide what your trying to gain when approaching these people.

In my book, God has been dead since the 18th or 19th century so I need not worry about it. Plus God has existed for only four millenia. Human beings have been around for over a hundred ninety millenia allegedly.

Our Creator and His thoughts is reality. Everything we see in this world are only illusions formed by processed invisible energy, which is God's thoughts spoken into vibrating wavelengths of energy.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 10:34:34 AM
At 12/29/2013 10:22:54 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Our Creator and His thoughts is reality. Everything we see in this world are only illusions formed by processed invisible energy, which is God's thoughts spoken into vibrating wavelengths of energy.

What a pleasant response. I only have one thing to say. If "God's thoughts spoken into vibrating wavelengths of energy." Then we should let him speak for himself instead of your interpretation to us infidels.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 5:46:11 PM
" It will only cause friction, angst and probably burn a bridge."

I believe that is the goal. it always is
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 7:48:16 AM
At 12/29/2013 10:34:34 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:

What a pleasant response. I only have one thing to say. If "God's thoughts spoken into vibrating wavelengths of energy." Then we should let him speak for himself instead of your interpretation to us infidels.

He does but you can't hear Him.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 1:33:59 PM
At 12/29/2013 10:34:34 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:

Tophat, perhaps you already know, but bog is our local wanna-be-cult-leader who thinks he has a monopoly on all things religious.

One big difference between God and bornofgod is God does not think he is bornofgod.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 3:19:02 PM
At 12/30/2013 1:33:59 PM, SemperVI wrote:

Tophat, perhaps you already know, but bog is our local wanna-be-cult-leader who thinks he has a monopoly on all things religious.

One big difference between God and bornofgod is God does not think he is bornofgod.
Thanks for informing me. I didn't notice what he was getting at until his second reply. I figured the payoff is too little to reply to him. I am not interested in the not worth knowing and the not worth remembering.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 1:41:43 PM

not that i haven't made this mistake in the past, but these days i am convinced that the best course of action is to not make statements like that. especially if you're talking to someone you care about deeply.
let them figure it out for themselves.
if you are curious about the rationale behind their beliefs you can have ask questions, but try not to make them come off as rhetorical.