Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Muslims and Mormons

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 4:40:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 4:38:37 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/11/2010 4:37:47 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Are you two like a couple now?

Maybe... :P

What's the course of action in each religion should you two attempt to marry and/or fornicate?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 4:47:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 4:42:33 PM, Kahvan wrote:
no sex outside of marriage bottom line.
To marry someone who is not Mormon is "highly frowned upon."

Hopefully the Muslims are a bit more loose (Pun intended)
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 4:54:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 4:47:58 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 1/11/2010 4:42:33 PM, Kahvan wrote:
no sex outside of marriage bottom line.
To marry someone who is not Mormon is "highly frowned upon."

Hopefully the Muslims are a bit more loose (Pun intended)

HA! That's terrible, yet soo funny.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:12:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 4:42:33 PM, Kahvan wrote:
no sex outside of marriage bottom line.
To marry someone who is not Mormon is "highly frowned upon."

No pre-marial sex for muslims either.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:18:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:12:34 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/11/2010 4:42:33 PM, Kahvan wrote:
no sex outside of marriage bottom line.
To marry someone who is not Mormon is "highly frowned upon."

No pre-marial sex for muslims either.

Can you marry a mormon?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:22:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 4:36:28 PM, Kahvan wrote:
Me and Insertnamehere will be discussing and answering questions about our respective religions.

Respective? So that would mean that you are a muslim and that insertname is a mormon. I think you switched your orders (not to mention that "me and insertnamehere" is already incorrect).
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:22:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:18:05 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 1/11/2010 5:12:34 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/11/2010 4:42:33 PM, Kahvan wrote:
no sex outside of marriage bottom line.
To marry someone who is not Mormon is "highly frowned upon."

No pre-marial sex for muslims either.

Can you marry a mormon?

Probably not.
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:25:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:22:03 PM, Harlan wrote:
At 1/11/2010 4:36:28 PM, Kahvan wrote:
Me and Insertnamehere will be discussing and answering questions about our respective religions.

Respective? So that would mean that you are a muslim and that insertname is a mormon. I think you switched your orders (not to mention that "me and insertnamehere" is already incorrect).

Me Mormon. insertnamehere Muslim.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:28:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:22:03 PM, Harlan wrote:
At 1/11/2010 4:36:28 PM, Kahvan wrote:
Me and Insertnamehere will be discussing and answering questions about our respective religions.

Respective? So that would mean that you are a muslim and that insertname is a mormon. I think you switched your orders (not to mention that "me and insertnamehere" is already incorrect).

Somebody is being a grammar nazi... tsk, tsk... ;)
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:31:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Forgive my limited (and likely biased) exposure to Mormons, but:

1) Is it true that you believe that the first man and woman lived in America?

2) What would you say is the biggest difference between Mormon beliefs and any other Christian sect? (Objectively, WITHOUT resorting to implying that you are right, and every one else is wrong)
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:37:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:36:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Do you guys know any good Muslim or Mormon jokes?

Unfortunately, no. :(

I have a really good question though. Why was I dragged into this thread?
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:39:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:37:32 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/11/2010 5:36:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Do you guys know any good Muslim or Mormon jokes?

Unfortunately, no. :(

I have a really good question though. Why was I dragged into this thread?

LOL. I was under the impression that this was some kind of consensual idea.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:41:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:39:08 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 1/11/2010 5:37:32 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/11/2010 5:36:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Do you guys know any good Muslim or Mormon jokes?

Unfortunately, no. :(

I have a really good question though. Why was I dragged into this thread?

LOL. I was under the impression that this was some kind of consensual idea.

Not really. I kinda just went along with it after Kahvan came up with the idea.
Lexicaholic
Posts: 526
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:52:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:36:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Do you guys know any good Muslim or Mormon jokes?

A muslim and a mormon walk into a bar. The mormon turns to the muslim and exclaims, "what the hell were we thinking?" Then they leave.
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:56:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:52:25 PM, Lexicaholic wrote:
At 1/11/2010 5:36:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Do you guys know any good Muslim or Mormon jokes?

A muslim and a mormon walk into a bar. The mormon turns to the muslim and exclaims, "what the hell were we thinking?" Then they leave.

Haha. That was actually good. I laughed. xD
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 6:37:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:31:44 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Forgive my limited (and likely biased) exposure to Mormons, but:

1) Is it true that you believe that the first man and woman lived in America?

2) What would you say is the biggest difference between Mormon beliefs and any other Christian sect? (Objectively, WITHOUT resorting to implying that you are right, and every one else is wrong)

1)We believe the garden of Eden was but we have no idea where they were cast out to.

2)I would say our main difference is that we believe in modern day revelation. We believe that modern day revelation exists and that we can all have personal revelation.
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 6:38:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 5:52:25 PM, Lexicaholic wrote:
At 1/11/2010 5:36:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Do you guys know any good Muslim or Mormon jokes?

A muslim and a mormon walk into a bar. The mormon turns to the muslim and exclaims, "what the hell were we thinking?" Then they leave.

Nice :)
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 10:41:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 4:36:28 PM, Kahvan wrote:
Me and Insertnamehere will be discussing and answering questions about our respective religions.

Why are you guys (Mormons) always so happy all the time? What are you planning? Just kidding. lol
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 10:45:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 10:44:08 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
why do mormons have so many kids?

God wants a man's seed to spread to as many women as possible, yet with the reformed Mormon church, now you can only do it with one woman.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 10:49:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/11/2010 10:45:34 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 1/11/2010 10:44:08 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
why do mormons have so many kids?

God wants a man's seed to spread to as many women as possible, yet with the reformed Mormon church, now you can only do it with one woman.

lol. xD