Jump to topic:

Shame

newnature23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 2:30:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Far too many believers are feeling dirty, worthless and ashamed of themselves; shame is a silent, but deadly disease that pollutes the lifeblood of many believers faith. As a result, we feel unclean and therefore unworthy to approach God and have the living and intimate relationship that he wants to have with us. Shame prevents us from intimacy with God because it makes us feel unworthy and distant from him. God"s standard is nothing less than perfection and none of us measure up, if we did or we ever could measure up sufficiently righteous for heaven through our performance, we would not have needed a savior at all. For it is God"s grace, not our striving, that makes us accepted and acceptable. It is God"s performance through Jesus Christ, not our trying hard to perform, that eradicates our shame. Some of us spend most of our life giving up. We are tired, burned out, disillusioned, depressed, addicted to something. People around us feel frustrated by the huge disparity between our capabilities and our performance. They either pep talk us concerning our value, or shame us for not performing. No one can have a close relationship with us; we push people away physically and emotionally, and push God away. We are the ones in families, churches, and society that people take care of-for a while, until we are given up on because of our lack of response. For all the performance-based people around us, we are simply bad for public relations. Once in a while we find ourselves in an environment that shames us for being so defective, then we start trying harder, but it does not last for long, we are simply out of gas to start with, we merely survive.

God"s Reconciliation of Man, read more about it at http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com...
God"s Reconciliation of Man, read more about it at http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com...
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 4:54:38 PM
Having an idiotic theology that tells believers they are born worthless scum unless they obey a bunch of man-made laws pretended to be "Word of God" and receive a "Gift" that isn't one at all, no real gift requiring anything to receive it.

Christians need to read Genesis I again and again and again because they forget God made us human beings in God's image and made us "good, very good indeed". If we were born sinners that logically means God too is a sinner and that's blasphemy to God Most High.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 5:11:14 PM
At 12/29/2013 4:54:38 PM, biomystic wrote:
Having an idiotic theology that tells believers they are born worthless scum unless they obey a bunch of man-made laws pretended to be "Word of God" and receive a "Gift" that isn't one at all, no real gift requiring anything to receive it.

Obeying a bunch of man made laws is ridiculous, especially when Gods laws are very clear in the word. However, man was never able to obey them once Adam fell. So, they were intended only to reveal the severity of mans sin so he would cling to Christ. (Romans 7)

Christians need to read Genesis I again and again and again because they forget God made us human beings in God's image and made us "good, very good indeed". If we were born sinners that logically means God too is a sinner and that's blasphemy to God Most High.

God made us good, not perfect. Adam was the only one with free-will, and he chose to defy God instead of simply obey and not eat out of the damn tree...

Ever since Adam, all humans are now sinful and totally depraved(Rom. 3; Gen. 6:5; Jer. 17:9). So, obviously, they can only produce sinful and totally depraved seed. We are the root of our children's sinful nature not God.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 5:47:57 PM
At 12/29/2013 2:30:42 PM, newnature23 wrote:
Far too many believers are feeling dirty, worthless and ashamed of themselves; shame is a silent, but deadly disease that pollutes the lifeblood of many believers faith. As a result, we feel unclean and therefore unworthy to approach God and have the living and intimate relationship that he wants to have with us. Shame prevents us from intimacy with God because it makes us feel unworthy and distant from him. God"s standard is nothing less than perfection and none of us measure up, if we did or we ever could measure up sufficiently righteous for heaven through our performance, we would not have needed a savior at all. For it is God"s grace, not our striving, that makes us accepted and acceptable. It is God"s performance through Jesus Christ, not our trying hard to perform, that eradicates our shame. Some of us spend most of our life giving up. We are tired, burned out, disillusioned, depressed, addicted to something. People around us feel frustrated by the huge disparity between our capabilities and our performance. They either pep talk us concerning our value, or shame us for not performing. No one can have a close relationship with us; we push people away physically and emotionally, and push God away. We are the ones in families, churches, and society that people take care of-for a while, until we are given up on because of our lack of response. For all the performance-based people around us, we are simply bad for public relations. Once in a while we find ourselves in an environment that shames us for being so defective, then we start trying harder, but it does not last for long, we are simply out of gas to start with, we merely survive.

Self promotion?
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 9:13:26 PM
At 12/29/2013 5:11:14 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/29/2013 4:54:38 PM, biomystic wrote:

Obeying a bunch of man made laws is ridiculous, especially when Gods laws are very clear in the word. However, man was never able to obey them once Adam fell. So, they were intended only to reveal the severity of mans sin so he would cling to Christ. (Romans 7)

God made us good, not perfect. Adam was the only one with free-will, and he chose to defy God instead of simply obey and not eat out of the damn tree...

Ever since Adam, all humans are now sinful and totally depraved(Rom. 3; Gen. 6:5; Jer. 17:9). So, obviously, they can only produce sinful and totally depraved seed. We are the root of our children's sinful nature not God.

Only intellectually challenged individuals would ever place ancient texts written by unknown men proven to be forgers (the "Paul's" for one example, the "Isaiah"s for another, different men writing under identity fraud, above common sense and scientific historical scholarship. But that's exactly what blind faith Pauline Christians are required to do. As a thinking Christian I cannot let unknown men lay claim to speak for God to tell me what I must believe or face Hell fire. I don't do stupid blind faith belief because it truly will lead you into the ditch of history.

The Bible is toast as historical record. Israeli archeologists have proven that beyond doubt to anyone with familiar with archeological evidence vs. ancient mythologies. So to use ancient mythologies as a club to put people down with a false unscientific doctrine that never made any sense, well, that's just being plain dumb and I won't do dumb for God. My God wouldn't stand for it as it is intelligence that moves humanity forward out of animal behavioral imprisonment.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 10:46:52 PM
At 12/29/2013 9:13:26 PM, biomystic wrote:
Only intellectually challenged individuals would ever place ancient texts written by unknown men proven to be forgers (the "Paul's" for one example, the "Isaiah"s for another, different men writing under identity fraud, above common sense and scientific historical scholarship. But that's exactly what blind faith Pauline Christians are required to do. As a thinking Christian I cannot let unknown men lay claim to speak for God to tell me what I must believe or face Hell fire. I don't do stupid blind faith belief because it truly will lead you into the ditch of history.

I understand you are new here, but if you are actually interested in a productive discussion, then you need to provide sources for your assertions; especially when calling someone intellectually challenged.

I can sympathize with what you're saying, and I'm very familiar with those in the world who share your, IMO, misguided perspective. However, if you're just here to talk sh*t, no one is going to take you serious or listen to you.

The Bible is toast as historical record. Israeli archeologists have proven that beyond doubt to anyone with familiar with archeological evidence vs. ancient mythologies. So to use ancient mythologies as a club to put people down with a false unscientific doctrine that never made any sense, well, that's just being plain dumb and I won't do dumb for God. My God wouldn't stand for it as it is intelligence that moves humanity forward out of animal behavioral imprisonment.

Evidence, sources, substance to your claims? something..
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.