nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 4:11:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 2:22:16 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://www.psychologytoday.com....

Atheism is a mental disorder. Prove the article wrong, autheists.

That's like saying every individual is born mentally messed up. As, obviously, every person born is atheistic, because of the simple fact that they know nothing. This applies to you as well, you were born without belief, without any knowledge about any religions, you were born atheistic.
Infants have no knowledge of any religion or gods or anything; it is all taught to them while growing up. This begs the question, if religion(s) and what they claim is true then why is all that, for a person to know anything at all about any religion, required to be taught? They should know all of it instinctively when born, that knowledge should be in their, our, DNA, but it is not. The only way to obtain any knowledge about any religion is by being taught, as is about anything and everything else.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 5:57:43 AM
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 7:19:23 AM
Poor Atheists. Now they're being outed as mentally ill. Just recently it was atheists doctors being the most selfish of all doctors refusing to help poorer clients.

It's the End Times of Atheism..

Lack of logic, angry people, atheist OCD victims flooding the internet forums chasing Christians as classic examples of internet trolls, stalking Christians only to harass them with the unscientific blather of fundamentalist believers in reverse, no God, no Bible, just each other as hearsay evidence experts in lack of spiritual experience and knowledge. It's not a mentally healthy mindset and rightly needs a good God fix. Go hug an atheist today and tell him or her, it's going to be alright, you will survive your mistaken blind faith beliefs that fellow spiritually blind will not steer you atheists straight for that ditch, the ditch of logic and of reasoning based on complete outsider guesswork of things not comprehended yet envious and angered at the ones who have the real goods.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 8:12:43 AM
At 1/1/2014 7:19:23 AM, biomystic wrote:
Poor Atheists. Now they're being outed as mentally ill. Just recently it was atheists doctors being the most selfish of all doctors refusing to help poorer clients.

Lack of logic, angry people, atheist OCD victims flooding the internet forums chasing Christians as classic examples of internet trolls, stalking Christians only to harass them with the unscientific blather of fundamentalist believers in reverse, no God, no Bible, just each other as hearsay evidence experts in lack of spiritual experience and knowledge. It's not a mentally healthy mindset and rightly needs a good God fix. Go hug an atheist today and tell him or her, it's going to be alright, you will survive your mistaken blind faith beliefs that fellow spiritually blind will not steer you atheists straight for that ditch, the ditch of logic and of reasoning based on complete outsider guesswork of things not comprehended yet envious and angered at the ones who have the real goods.
Tell 'em about your drug induced visions bio, I always liked them.

Funny as.

Go on tell 'em.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 8:52:21 AM
Some people with certain mental abnormalities are likely to view gods in a different fashion to people who are mentally normal.

What you said about the link doesn't make much sense, or are they not meant to be related?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:02:01 AM
Atheists without spiritual experiences act like jealous people who become angry because someone's got something they lack. Oh they tell themselves, they don't have any need for that thing they lack but they're behavior tells the real story: they just cannot for the life of them keep away from the people who have the thing they lack. They stalk them everywhere the people who have the thing atheists lack and attack them like jealous wives. When they get power they attack them them like jealous husbands and kill or harm the people with the thing atheists lack. The Empathic Spirit, built into the Program of Life and rise of Intelligence, Compassion, Love, and Godhood.
Mythought
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 6:57:37 PM
Hello all
This really upset me. I am 13, and atheist. Does it really make a difference to are personalities if we don't believe in god? Does it really make us inhuman if we have a different view on the world? Does it make us metal if we are different to the majority?
I cannot believe that a person so horrible would say to me that I bad for being atheist. I was born into a loving family without religion. I used to believe in God when I was little like all the other fairy tales and wishes. But then as I learnt about science and stuff, to me it seemed more realistic. I'm still the same person. I'm tired of seeing post on Facebook saying like if your with god (with a smiley face) and comment if your not (with a grumpy face). I am very happy, I love going to school, seeing my friends. My father is very atheist and extremely intelligent he has 4 masters degrees! And I'm actually glad my parents don't make me do all these religious rituals. I'm proud to be atheist, and I accept anyone who isn't! Why could you "good, happy, friendly" people do the same? Please it's sad and unfair! I hope I've change one mind today.
Sophie
Mythought
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 8:01:47 PM
At 1/1/2014 7:19:23 AM, biomystic wrote:

Hello
I actually find what you said was really horrible to me and very prejudice. If you knew me and said something like that I would try to understand. But your staying me and my family are all angry and do mean things to Christians... I have many friends I love who are Christian and I would never do such a thing like stalk them. I think you aught to apologise for making me and many other atheists feel like there ill because of having a different view on life. If people didn't have different ideas and belief we would be human. So if you had the decency to say sorry to me it would very much be appreciated. And anyway it's obviously not an illness, it's just a view. Yes maybe some people might stalk a Christian (not that I know anyone who has) but hasn't at lease one person who is Christian done something to us to. You said that I have lack of logic, that I'm angry, got OCD (not directly but your saying all atheist which includes me) and to be honestly I was pretty shocked that someone would even write that. It's just what I think and please don't hate me for thinking so.
Thank you for reading
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 10:49:45 AM
Are you saying I'm autistic?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Mythought
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 6:09:53 PM
If atheists are so bad then why are there way more religious people that go to jail and an extremely tiny amount of people that are atheists? It's all a fact.
BChart2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 6:16:25 PM
At 1/2/2014 6:09:53 PM, Mythought wrote:
If atheists are so bad then why are there way more religious people that go to jail and an extremely tiny amount of people that are atheists? It's all a fact.
Theists don't care about the facts.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 6:59:08 PM

That's just because most blacks are religious.

Also all the despots of the 20th century were atheists.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 7:00:43 PM
At 1/1/2014 2:22:16 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://www.psychologytoday.com....

Atheism is a mental disorder. Prove the article wrong, autheists.

I am not autistic!!! ....of course, I am an excellent driver. Dad let's me drive slow on the driveway on Saturdays. NOOOOooooo!!!!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 9:52:44 PM
The topic is about atheists and mental health, not theists. We know atheists are getting the whammy from all sides these days, what with being exposed now as selfish people and fundamentalist religionists as well, only in reverse but still exhibiting all the characteristics of religious fundamentalism, like your post here showing denial of the subject matter and attempt to divert the discussion by placing blame on others so that you don't have to look at atheist and mental health.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:16:07 AM
At 1/2/2014 6:59:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

That's just because most blacks are religious.

Also all the despots of the 20th century were atheists.
Did you read that? The 20th century.
That leaves 19 of them for your crazy lot. You better give up while your behind. LOL
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:18:38 AM
At 1/2/2014 9:52:44 PM, biomystic wrote:
The topic is about atheists and mental health, not theists. We know atheists are getting the whammy from all sides these days, what with being exposed now as selfish people and fundamentalist religionists as well, only in reverse but still exhibiting all the characteristics of religious fundamentalism, like your post here showing denial of the subject matter and attempt to divert the discussion by placing blame on others so that you don't have to look at atheist and mental health.

Ask some of your fellow inmates bio, what do the other nuts think. Get back to us with your results.
boss1592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 6:36:00 AM
Installgentoo's pathetic, barrel-scraping attempt to score a point against atheism aside, the article in question is actually kind of interesting.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 7:11:42 AM
Poor bul, I whammied him good with my Celestial Torah ChristianTheistic Advantage and now he's p.o.d whenever I post my stellar insights that pull the weeds of BAD IDEAS, like atheism, like organized religion, out of the Garden so nourishing information, knowledge that helps humanity come more and more into being, is given a chance to grow.
Andrew6591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 5:42:25 AM
At 1/2/2014 9:52:44 PM, biomystic wrote:

The subject matter being that you wanted Atheists to disprove an article titled "Does Autism lead to Atheism". Firstly the headline seems to be is misinterpreted by some to mean that being an atheist is therefore a symptom of being autistic (i.e. mentally ill) which is certainly not the case. Secondly this article is referring to a handful of people, less than 20, which is supposed to be a control group. As a scientist and engineer myself I can firmly say this does not constitute to a fair test and neither should it be taken on as true facts of the matter. So that leave the other 3 control groups with a hundred or so people, all measuring some "various measures of belief in God and of mentalizing abilities". Well i guess this is obvious to anyone with some knowledge of what autism actually is, and knowing that a clear effect of autism is the lack of ability to
form relationships with others and the lack of being aware of abstract concepts just shows how atheism can easily be attributed to this effect, as God is an abstract concept to which people have the strongest of relationships with.

As to atheists "exhibiting all the characteristics of religious fundamentalism", this is surely a joke? I would definitely appreciate some elaboration on this point because that's as vague as saying that theists exhibit signs of Modernists.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 7:05:35 AM
At 1/1/2014 9:02:01 AM, biomystic wrote:
Atheists without spiritual experiences act like jealous people who become angry because someone's got something they lack. Oh they tell themselves, they don't have any need for that thing they lack but they're behavior tells the real story: they just cannot for the life of them keep away from the people who have the thing they lack. They stalk them everywhere the people who have the thing atheists lack and attack them like jealous wives. When they get power they attack them them like jealous husbands and kill or harm the people with the thing atheists lack. The Empathic Spirit, built into the Program of Life and rise of Intelligence, Compassion, Love, and Godhood.

I'm an atheist, and I have something you clearly "lack": Spelling and grammar.