Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

How much did Jesus really know?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.

We know that he had admitted that he did not know the "Day or the hour" of things such as the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, what else did he not know?

What else did his father keep him in the dark about until he needed to know?

Does that account for what appear to be either lies or mistakes?

Take, for instance his prophecy about his resurrection. Why did he say what he did at Matthew 12: 40 "For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."

After al, we know, because scripture tells us that he was actually only in the grave for, at most two nights (Friday and Saturday, and parts of three days ( the end of Friday, all of Saturday, and the start of Sunday).

Was it an error on the part of the perfect man and equally perfect son of God?

Was he lying?

Or was he not given the details before hand?

I say it was the last of the three, since some things were, by his own admission, and if he had been told, he would have known. Also, he told no lies.

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 8:11:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.

Makes a change for you to be right, lol.

But knowing God and Christ is, as Christ said, an essential part of the process.

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Because the more you come to know God and Christ, the more you come to understand God's word. Simple as that.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 8:14:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 8:11:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.

Makes a change for you to be right, lol.

But knowing God and Christ is, as Christ said, an essential part of the process.

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Because the more you come to know God and Christ, the more you come to understand God's word. Simple as that.

How would you know what the deluded (according to you) christ said.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:03:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 8:14:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:11:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.

Makes a change for you to be right, lol.

But knowing God and Christ is, as Christ said, an essential part of the process.

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Because the more you come to know God and Christ, the more you come to understand God's word. Simple as that.

How would you know what the deluded (according to you) christ said.

Not deluded, lol, just not fully informed, like you and I, and everyone else who do not know all we need to ow yet.

Just that I now far more than you thanks to God and Christ.

I know what he said because it was carefully recorded for us, or at least the important bits were, under inspiration from God, which means that what is there is what God wants us to know and reason on, and provides the basis for him to increase our understanding.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:16:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 9:03:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:14:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:11:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.

Makes a change for you to be right, lol.

But knowing God and Christ is, as Christ said, an essential part of the process.

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Because the more you come to know God and Christ, the more you come to understand God's word. Simple as that.

How would you know what the deluded (according to you) christ said.

Not deluded, lol, just not fully informed, like you and I, and everyone else who do not know all we need to ow yet.

Just that I now far more than you thanks to God and Christ.

I know what he said because it was carefully recorded for us, or at least the important bits were, under inspiration from God, which means that what is there is what God wants us to know and reason on, and provides the basis for him to increase our understanding.

Recorded by whom? The Catholics who produced it? Stupid dimwit.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:42:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 9:16:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 9:03:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:14:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:11:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.

Makes a change for you to be right, lol.

But knowing God and Christ is, as Christ said, an essential part of the process.

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Because the more you come to know God and Christ, the more you come to understand God's word. Simple as that.

How would you know what the deluded (according to you) christ said.

Not deluded, lol, just not fully informed, like you and I, and everyone else who do not know all we need to ow yet.

Just that I now far more than you thanks to God and Christ.

I know what he said because it was carefully recorded for us, or at least the important bits were, under inspiration from God, which means that what is there is what God wants us to know and reason on, and provides the basis for him to increase our understanding.

Recorded by whom? The Catholics who produced it? Stupid dimwit.

No, by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, about 300 years before before the Catholics existed.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 10:21:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.

We know that he had admitted that he did not know the "Day or the hour" of things such as the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, what else did he not know?

What else did his father keep him in the dark about until he needed to know?

Does that account for what appear to be either lies or mistakes?

Take, for instance his prophecy about his resurrection. Why did he say what he did at Matthew 12: 40 "For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."

After al, we know, because scripture tells us that he was actually only in the grave for, at most two nights (Friday and Saturday, and parts of three days ( the end of Friday, all of Saturday, and the start of Sunday).

Was it an error on the part of the perfect man and equally perfect son of God?

Was he lying?

Or was he not given the details before hand?

I say it was the last of the three, since some things were, by his own admission, and if he had been told, he would have known. Also, he told no lies.

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

For one thing, Jesus was taught by our Creator that He would have 42 months to testify to the Word of God like all us saints do until our flesh is put to death by jealous unbelievers. 42 months is 3 1/2 years, which is what Jesus meant by quoting Johan in the belly of a whale for "3 days and 3 nights". This has nothing to do with going to a place called hell for 3 days, which doesn't even exist.

None of us saints get the information from our Creator about when the "Lord's Day" will happen. So anyone giving a date of when this will occur was only sent to be a false prophet to keep God's people in confusion. This is why I knew instantly that Harold Camping was a false prophet when he said the Lord's Day would happen in May of 2011.

Now that I know that I'm the last saint that God is using to testify to His invisible Christ, which is my created existence, I know that the Lord's Day is very near but He still hasn't given me a date. I do know that the world economy will be at it's peak to give God's people the illusion that everything will be okay. This is shown in a prophecy about His people going back to their native countries in the last days, which will happen during a worldwide economic explosion, which is already in progress.

Since most corporations are now doing business via the internet, it will be easy for God's people to make money in their own countries where they're comfortable in their own languages and customs. As soon as a man can live in the jungle somewhere and hook up to the internet, he will be able to make a living and receive credit to build a home, etc. When God's people began moving back to their native lands to make a living, this means the economy is allowing them to do so. This is when the "Lord's Day" will occur and everything we see on this planet will be melted by the fire of God, which has been stored inside this earth since the flood caused the crust to be distorted and seal most of the original cracks where heat dissipated into the atmosphere. Of course, everything we see are only illusions but these illusions will end soon. The new earth will be level as the hot molten lava melts the crust. The new earth won't have any mountains or seas ever again.

Isaiah 40
3: A voice cries: "In the wilderness prepare the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4: Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain.

Micah 1
3: For behold, the LORD is coming forth out of his place, and will come down and tread upon the high places of the earth.
4: And the mountains will melt under him and the valleys will be cleft, like wax before the fire, like waters poured down a steep place.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.

Psalm 46
2: Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
3: though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. [Selah]
4: There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.
5: God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her right early.
6: The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7: The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. [Selah]
8: Come, behold the works of the LORD, how he has wrought desolations in the earth.
9: He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear, he burns the chariots with fire!
10: "Be still, and know that I am God. I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth!"

I have the hidden knowledge to understand the past, present and future.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:09:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

I say "three days and three nights" is just an idiom. If you search "days nights" on BibleGateway, you can see how frequently this expression is used.

Forty days and forty nights
Forty days and nights
Seven days and seven nights
Three days and three nights

If we took all of these literally, we'd have to believe that all the events it describes happened first thing in the morning. And some of it wouldn't make any sense. For example, in 1 Kings 19:7-9, it says that Elijah's traveled to Horeb 40 days and 40 nights. Are we to believe he traveled all day and all night for forty days and nights? Surely he slept some of those nights!

So I think the "days and nights" motif is just an idiomatic expression, not to be taken literally.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:22:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 11:09:13 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

I say "three days and three nights" is just an idiom. If you search "days nights" on BibleGateway, you can see how frequently this expression is used.

Forty days and forty nights
Forty days and nights
Seven days and seven nights
Three days and three nights

If we took all of these literally, we'd have to believe that all the events it describes happened first thing in the morning. And some of it wouldn't make any sense. For example, in 1 Kings 19:7-9, it says that Elijah's traveled to Horeb 40 days and 40 nights. Are we to believe he traveled all day and all night for forty days and nights? Surely he slept some of those nights!

So I think the "days and nights" motif is just an idiomatic expression, not to be taken literally.
Here is 1 Kings 19:7-9:
7 And the angel of the Lord came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee.

8 And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

9 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

Notice it says that the meat made him go 40 days and nights. So technically, this can still be literal, it was just a miraculous journey.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:25:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 11:22:12 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:09:13 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

I say "three days and three nights" is just an idiom. If you search "days nights" on BibleGateway, you can see how frequently this expression is used.

Forty days and forty nights
Forty days and nights
Seven days and seven nights
Three days and three nights

If we took all of these literally, we'd have to believe that all the events it describes happened first thing in the morning. And some of it wouldn't make any sense. For example, in 1 Kings 19:7-9, it says that Elijah's traveled to Horeb 40 days and 40 nights. Are we to believe he traveled all day and all night for forty days and nights? Surely he slept some of those nights!

So I think the "days and nights" motif is just an idiomatic expression, not to be taken literally.
Here is 1 Kings 19:7-9:
7 And the angel of the Lord came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee.

8 And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

9 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

Notice it says that the meat made him go 40 days and nights. So technically, this can still be literal, it was just a miraculous journey.

I suppose any crazy scenario is possible, but I doubt it.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:43:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 11:09:13 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

I say "three days and three nights" is just an idiom. If you search "days nights" on BibleGateway, you can see how frequently this expression is used.

Forty days and forty nights
Forty days and nights
Seven days and seven nights
Three days and three nights

If we took all of these literally, we'd have to believe that all the events it describes happened first thing in the morning. And some of it wouldn't make any sense. For example, in 1 Kings 19:7-9, it says that Elijah's traveled to Horeb 40 days and 40 nights. Are we to believe he traveled all day and all night for forty days and nights? Surely he slept some of those nights!

So I think the "days and nights" motif is just an idiomatic expression, not to be taken literally.

You're right on about the symbolic numbers in the Bible. They can only be understood by us saints who know the past, present and future.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 12:42:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 11:43:26 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:09:13 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

I say "three days and three nights" is just an idiom. If you search "days nights" on BibleGateway, you can see how frequently this expression is used.

Forty days and forty nights
Forty days and nights
Seven days and seven nights
Three days and three nights

If we took all of these literally, we'd have to believe that all the events it describes happened first thing in the morning. And some of it wouldn't make any sense. For example, in 1 Kings 19:7-9, it says that Elijah's traveled to Horeb 40 days and 40 nights. Are we to believe he traveled all day and all night for forty days and nights? Surely he slept some of those nights!

So I think the "days and nights" motif is just an idiomatic expression, not to be taken literally.

You're right on about the symbolic numbers in the Bible. They can only be understood by us saints who know the past, present and future.

Not neccessarily, because at least they all included nights and it happened that way. The big missing factor from what Jesus said was that he said three days and three nights, and was only there for two.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 3:36:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 12:42:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:43:26 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:09:13 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

I say "three days and three nights" is just an idiom. If you search "days nights" on BibleGateway, you can see how frequently this expression is used.

Forty days and forty nights
Forty days and nights
Seven days and seven nights
Three days and three nights

If we took all of these literally, we'd have to believe that all the events it describes happened first thing in the morning. And some of it wouldn't make any sense. For example, in 1 Kings 19:7-9, it says that Elijah's traveled to Horeb 40 days and 40 nights. Are we to believe he traveled all day and all night for forty days and nights? Surely he slept some of those nights!

So I think the "days and nights" motif is just an idiomatic expression, not to be taken literally.

You're right on about the symbolic numbers in the Bible. They can only be understood by us saints who know the past, present and future.

Not neccessarily, because at least they all included nights and it happened that way. The big missing factor from what Jesus said was that he said three days and three nights, and was only there for two.

That's because the 3 days and 3 nights had nothing to do with the death of God's first saint that antichrists made into their god called Jesus Christ. First of all, Christ is the invisible knowledge of God where ALL God's creation exists within the thoughts of His mind. The flesh called saints and prophets are used to testify to this invisible knowledge until their flesh is killed by unbelievers who believe they have the Truth in their false god named Jesus. Our testimonies only last for 42 months ( 1260 days ) until our flesh is killed.

1: Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,
2: but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed.
6: They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
7: And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them,

Revelation 16
6: For men have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink. It is their due!"

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled they holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.

Revelation 17:
13: These are of one mind and give over their power and authority to the beast;
14: they will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

I'm the last saint to be killed for my testimonies of Christ. This will end the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
PGA
Posts: 4,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 1:37:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.

We know that he had admitted that he did not know the "Day or the hour" of things such as the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, what else did he not know?

What else did his father keep him in the dark about until he needed to know?

Does that account for what appear to be either lies or mistakes?

Take, for instance his prophecy about his resurrection. Why did he say what he did at Matthew 12: 40 "For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."

After al, we know, because scripture tells us that he was actually only in the grave for, at most two nights (Friday and Saturday, and parts of three days ( the end of Friday, all of Saturday, and the start of Sunday).

Was it an error on the part of the perfect man and equally perfect son of God?

Was he lying?

Or was he not given the details before hand?

No, you just do not understand Jewish custom during the 1st century and what it meant to them back then is different that what it means to us today. To quote John Gilchrist who addressed the issue to someone who thinks like you, MCB:

"Unfortunately Deedat here overlooks the fact that there was a big difference between Hebrew speech in the first century and English speech in the twentieth century. We have found him inclined to this error again and again when he sets out to analyse Biblical subjects. He fails to make allowance for the fact that in those times, nearly two thousand years ago, the Jews counted any part of a day as a whole day when computing any consecutive periods of time. As Jesus was laid in the tomb on the Friday afternoon, was there throughout the Saturday, and only rose sometime before dawn on the Sunday (the Sunday having officially started at sunset on the Saturday according to the Jewish calendar), there can be no doubt that he was in the tomb for a period of three days.

Deedat's ignorance of the Jewish method of computing periods of days and nights and their contemporary colloquialisms leads him to make a serious mistake about Jesus' statement and he proceeds to make much the same mistake about his prophecy that he would be three nights in the tomb as well. The expression three days and three nights is the sort of expression that we never, speaking English in the twentieth century, use today. We must obviously therefore seek its meaning according to its use as a Hebrew colloquialism in the first century and are very likely to err if we judge or interpret it according to the language structure or figures of speech in a very different language in a much later age."

".... Furthermore we must also note that the figure of speech, as used in Hebrew, always had the same number of days and nights. Moses fasted forty days and forty nights (Exodus 24.18). Jonah was in the whale three days and three nights (Jonah 1.17). Job's friends sat with him seven days and seven nights (Job 2.13). We can see that no Jew would have spoken of "seven days and six nights" or "three days and two nights", even if this was the period he was describing. The colloquialism always spoke of an equal number of days and nights and, if a Jew wished to speak of a period of three days which covered only two nights, he would have to speak of three days and three nights. A fine example of this is found in the Book of Esther where the queen said that no one was to eat or drink for three days, night or day (Esther 4.16), but on the third day, when only two nights had passed, she went into the king's chamber and the fast was ended."

"... There is conclusive proof in the Bible that when Jesus told the Jews he would be three days and three nights in the earth, they took this to mean that the fulfilment of the prophecy could be expected after only two nights. On the day after his crucifixion, that is, after only one night, they went to Pilate and said:

Sir, we remember how that impostor said, while he was still alive, 'After three days I will rise again'. Therefore order the sepulchre to be made secure until the third day.
Matthew 27.63-64.

We would understand the expression "after three days" to mean anytime on the fourth day but, according to the colloquialism, the Jews knew this referred to the third day and were not concerned to keep the tomb secured through three full nights but only until the third day after just two nights. Clearly, therefore, the expressions "three days and three nights" and "after three days" did not mean a full period of seventy-two hours as we would understand them, but any period of time covering a period of up to three days."

Source:

http://answering-islam.org...

I say it was the last of the three, since some things were, by his own admission, and if he had been told, he would have known. Also, he told no lies.

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

Wrong. Please do not attribute errors to prophecy or misunderstanding to the Lord. As I have said before, God the Son is perfectly able to make Himself understood to those He is talking to in language that they would understand.

Peter
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 3:30:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.
You ' know nothing! ' but speculate almost everything!

As I always correctly stated, IF jebus were a god or angel then it was never a real person but something pretending to be, i.e. a divine person wrapped in flesh!

Factual statement 1.

IF jebus were a 100% Fully man, then there is NO room for anything else e.g. an angel nor a god nor any portions literally derived from them!

&

Factual statement 2.

The former Bishop of Woolwich, Dr. Robinson, in his book, "Honest to God," in a passage where he was explaining how most claiming to be xtians view jebus:

"Jesus was not a man born and bred, he was God for a limited period taking part in a charade. He looked like a man, but underneath he was God dressed up - like Father Christmas."

Many church people find the bishop's reference to Father Christmas offensive. Yet apart from that, they agree that this is a fair statement of church teaching. If jebus was really a god, or even a mighty angel who once lived in heaven, then it was never a real man, but a Divine Person dressed up in human flesh.

Not a figure of speech there, but a second statement of fact!

If jebus was really a god, or even a mighty angel who once lived in heaven, then it was never a real man, but a Divine Person dressed up in human flesh.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 3:46:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 9:16:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
Recorded by whom? The Catholics who produced it? Stupid dimwit.


At 1/1/2014 9:42:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, about 300 years before before the Catholics existed.
The truth is, the twelve disciples are a grubby and sordid invention. (Source: http://www.jesusneverexisted.com...)

&

Outside of bible Story book land they never literally existed, nor e.g. jebus!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 3:55:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 1:37:15 AM, PGA wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.

We know that he had admitted that he did not know the "Day or the hour" of things such as the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, what else did he not know?

What else did his father keep him in the dark about until he needed to know?

Does that account for what appear to be either lies or mistakes?

Take, for instance his prophecy about his resurrection. Why did he say what he did at Matthew 12: 40 "For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."

After al, we know, because scripture tells us that he was actually only in the grave for, at most two nights (Friday and Saturday, and parts of three days ( the end of Friday, all of Saturday, and the start of Sunday).

Was it an error on the part of the perfect man and equally perfect son of God?

Was he lying?

Or was he not given the details before hand?



Actually you are completely wrong there, at least about me. I may well have a deeper understanding Jewish custom back then that you do, and again because I got mine from scripture which shows you how to understand custom at every level of development.

You also overlook, as you do so many things in your eagerness to leap tp a solution, that ion fact it is exactly the same today. When we, at 3pm on a Monday say we will do it in three days, we do not mean we will be there by 3pm on Thursday. No we mean some time on Thursday.

So for all your careful digging to prove me wrong you have failed in more ways than one.

First off scripture was careful to make clear that it was parts of 3 days not three whole days, and whilst that has little or no effect on the meaning if what Jesus said he did also add "and three nights" which could not, by any cultural stretch be seen to make anything else.

I deliberately switched scriptures from the one Anna quoted which said "3 days" to the one where Jesus said "3 days and 3 nights" to see how carefully you considered the question let alone the answers.

As always both you are she are stuck in a groove, and any change of information throws you completely off you course or pushes you both deeper into your ruts.


I say it was the last of the three, since some things were, by his own admission, and if he had been told, he would have known. Also, he told no lies.

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

Wrong. Please do not attribute errors to prophecy or misunderstanding to the Lord. As I have said before, God the Son is perfectly able to make Himself understood to those He is talking to in language that they would understand.

Peter

I will assign error wherever it belongs. Error is not always the fault of the one making it since it may be caused by the one making there error not being told everything about the subject.

In Christ's case that is, in my view, the only possibility especially since he had admitted in one or two places that there were things he neither knew, nor was it his place to know.

You cannot have it both ways, either the one who became Christ was God, or he wasn't. If he was why did he claim not to know things> Why did he lie?

If he wasn't and as scripture tell us in so many ways this is the case, then there would be thing he could honestly say he did not know.

The I did not stress it. The core of my point did, as I did show in referencing it, comes from another scripture where Jesus spoke of his resurrection, and where he said "Three days and three nights" a much more specific answer indeed which could only have placed his resurrection on the Monday Morning, just after Dawn, at the earliest, and there is no room for argument about that.

You ask me not to attribute error to the Lord, and yet you attribute many errors and lies to him simply by your beliefs,. as you do to his father.

To whom do you attribute your many errors? Have you even started to recognise them> You may blame your false teachers, but in the end it is you who accepted what they taught without sufficient bible study to see how wrong they are, so it is you God holds responsible, not only for your own life, but for the lives of others you have led down that broad road to destruction, so beware, .

That is why it is so important that you do not take the words of man, any man and accept them. not even the JWs who I have yet to catch out try as I might.

It is not even safe to take the evidence of one or two scriptures. NO you need to dig deeper, and if you had the nerve to, the deeper you dug, the more errors you would find in your understanding, your very surface understanding which leaves out the "deep things of God" which only the spirit can access, and therefore only the spirit can pass on as God and Christ do to em through the use of that spirit linking with mine.

I don;t expect you to believe it, though I speak truth proven to me many times over. I have also proved the source of it many times over, because I know only too well, from experience Satan's ability to use that same spirit to influence us, and having been too close to that already I have to rely on God that much more, and check out my own findings even harder.

Don;t eve forget that Satan also knows scripture and,as he showed when trying to tempt Jesus in the wilderness, he is very good at doing so, as well as putting visions even in the mind of the Christ. So no matter what the source of the understanding we find, we still have to make 100% sure it had come from the right original source.

You may laugh at all that, but for people like your self the ways of God are well past understanding, and yet he wants you to know them.

Listen to God and his son, Peter, not to your human mentors, dead or alive, no matter what their human qualifications may be. They are after all only qualification from men, given according to men's ways and thoughts, not God's ways and thoughts, so for scripture they mean less than nothing.

Even where you get human advice, whatever it's source, check it, check it, and check it again against scripture. Not the words, the meanings. Words can have many meanings, the essence of scripture only has one.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 3:58:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Remember that MCB is a typical malignant sinner even since allegedly becoming a jebus' believer?

We also know that whilst pretending to be a Botchtowerite, his malignant sinful lifestyle continued to the point where even the Botchtower vomited him out from their midst!

According to MCB's own propaganda, it explains why MCB is typical of a jebus' reject who has never seen him nor known him -

Everyone remaining in union with him does not practice sin; no one that practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. . . . . He who carries on sin originates with the Devil, . . . . (1 John 3:6,8) KIT Story book (J.ws Botchtower publication)

It also explains why MCB is a proven agent for his Devil, but certainly NOT an agent for Story book god!

So when MCB or one of his clones claims to ' know a jebus, holy-spirit etc. ', even his own propaganda exposes him as a liar & a deceiver!
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 4:04:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 9:42:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 9:16:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 9:03:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:14:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:11:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.

Makes a change for you to be right, lol.

But knowing God and Christ is, as Christ said, an essential part of the process.

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Because the more you come to know God and Christ, the more you come to understand God's word. Simple as that.

How would you know what the deluded (according to you) christ said.

Not deluded, lol, just not fully informed, like you and I, and everyone else who do not know all we need to ow yet.

Just that I now far more than you thanks to God and Christ.

I know what he said because it was carefully recorded for us, or at least the important bits were, under inspiration from God, which means that what is there is what God wants us to know and reason on, and provides the basis for him to increase our understanding.

Recorded by whom? The Catholics who produced it? Stupid dimwit.

No, by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, about 300 years before before the Catholics existed.
Ahh the names assigned by the Catholics as authors of those gospels when they were producing the Book Of Catholics(you call it the bible)

If you are referring to the apostles as authors then your education regarding scripture hasn't graduated to kindergarten yet.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 4:48:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Take, for instance his prophecy about his resurrection. Why did he say what he did at Matthew 12: 40 "For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."

After al, we know, because scripture tells us that he was actually only in the grave for, at most two nights (Friday and Saturday, and parts of three days ( the end of Friday, all of Saturday, and the start of Sunday).

Was it an error on the part of the perfect man and equally perfect son of God?

Was he lying?

Or was he not given the details before hand?

I say it was the last of the three, since some things were, by his own admission, and if he had been told, he would have known. Also, he told no lies.
Incorrect assumption!

IF Story book jebus stated 3 days & 3 nights, then it is bizarre that you disagree & claim it spoke falsehoods & deceived its audience either Willingly or Unwillingly?

Then again, you are a proven malignant sinner & hence a proven agent of your Devil/Satan, so it should be of no surprise you are a clueless reject, according to 1 John 3:6,8 KIT & NWT & currently a reject of the J.ws for your malignant sinful and Satanic lifestyle & behaviour!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 6:23:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 4:04:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 9:42:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 9:16:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 9:03:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:14:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 8:11:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:40:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:39:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:30:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
not as much as you and the bishops of witchtower, I bet. I mean you guys even know god.

Jesus knew God, much more intimately than any humans, other than those who go to heaven to rule with the Christ can at present, though after Christ's 1,000 year rule is over we will all get to know him as Dam and Eve did, probably better.

However knowing God to the Maximum possible comes through understanding his word.
See.

Told ya so.

Makes a change for you to be right, lol.

But knowing God and Christ is, as Christ said, an essential part of the process.

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Because the more you come to know God and Christ, the more you come to understand God's word. Simple as that.

How would you know what the deluded (according to you) christ said.

Not deluded, lol, just not fully informed, like you and I, and everyone else who do not know all we need to ow yet.

Just that I now far more than you thanks to God and Christ.

I know what he said because it was carefully recorded for us, or at least the important bits were, under inspiration from God, which means that what is there is what God wants us to know and reason on, and provides the basis for him to increase our understanding.

Recorded by whom? The Catholics who produced it? Stupid dimwit.

No, by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, about 300 years before before the Catholics existed.
Ahh the names assigned by the Catholics as authors of those gospels when they were producing the Book Of Catholics(you call it the bible)

If you are referring to the apostles as authors then your education regarding scripture hasn't graduated to kindergarten yet.

Which says a lot about where your even greeater ignorance leaves you.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 6:46:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ahh the names assigned by the Catholics as authors of those gospels when they were producing the Book Of Catholics(you call it the bible)
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 9:51:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 1:37:15 AM, PGA wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.

We know that he had admitted that he did not know the "Day or the hour" of things such as the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, what else did he not know?

What else did his father keep him in the dark about until he needed to know?

Does that account for what appear to be either lies or mistakes?

Take, for instance his prophecy about his resurrection. Why did he say what he did at Matthew 12: 40 "For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."

After al, we know, because scripture tells us that he was actually only in the grave for, at most two nights (Friday and Saturday, and parts of three days ( the end of Friday, all of Saturday, and the start of Sunday).

Was it an error on the part of the perfect man and equally perfect son of God?

Was he lying?

Or was he not given the details before hand?

No, you just do not understand Jewish custom during the 1st century and what it meant to them back then is different that what it means to us today. To quote John Gilchrist who addressed the issue to someone who thinks like you, MCB:

"Unfortunately Deedat here overlooks the fact that there was a big difference between Hebrew speech in the first century and English speech in the twentieth century. We have found him inclined to this error again and again when he sets out to analyse Biblical subjects. He fails to make allowance for the fact that in those times, nearly two thousand years ago, the Jews counted any part of a day as a whole day when computing any consecutive periods of time. As Jesus was laid in the tomb on the Friday afternoon, was there throughout the Saturday, and only rose sometime before dawn on the Sunday (the Sunday having officially started at sunset on the Saturday according to the Jewish calendar), there can be no doubt that he was in the tomb for a period of three days.

Deedat's ignorance of the Jewish method of computing periods of days and nights and their contemporary colloquialisms leads him to make a serious mistake about Jesus' statement and he proceeds to make much the same mistake about his prophecy that he would be three nights in the tomb as well. The expression three days and three nights is the sort of expression that we never, speaking English in the twentieth century, use today. We must obviously therefore seek its meaning according to its use as a Hebrew colloquialism in the first century and are very likely to err if we judge or interpret it according to the language structure or figures of speech in a very different language in a much later age."

".... Furthermore we must also note that the figure of speech, as used in Hebrew, always had the same number of days and nights. Moses fasted forty days and forty nights (Exodus 24.18). Jonah was in the whale three days and three nights (Jonah 1.17). Job's friends sat with him seven days and seven nights (Job 2.13). We can see that no Jew would have spoken of "seven days and six nights" or "three days and two nights", even if this was the period he was describing. The colloquialism always spoke of an equal number of days and nights and, if a Jew wished to speak of a period of three days which covered only two nights, he would have to speak of three days and three nights. A fine example of this is found in the Book of Esther where the queen said that no one was to eat or drink for three days, night or day (Esther 4.16), but on the third day, when only two nights had passed, she went into the king's chamber and the fast was ended."

"... There is conclusive proof in the Bible that when Jesus told the Jews he would be three days and three nights in the earth, they took this to mean that the fulfilment of the prophecy could be expected after only two nights. On the day after his crucifixion, that is, after only one night, they went to Pilate and said:

Sir, we remember how that impostor said, while he was still alive, 'After three days I will rise again'. Therefore order the sepulchre to be made secure until the third day.
Matthew 27.63-64.

We would understand the expression "after three days" to mean anytime on the fourth day but, according to the colloquialism, the Jews knew this referred to the third day and were not concerned to keep the tomb secured through three full nights but only until the third day after just two nights. Clearly, therefore, the expressions "three days and three nights" and "after three days" did not mean a full period of seventy-two hours as we would understand them, but any period of time covering a period of up to three days."

Source:

http://answering-islam.org...

I say it was the last of the three, since some things were, by his own admission, and if he had been told, he would have known. Also, he told no lies.

What do you say? and Why? scriptural evidence please.

Wrong. Please do not attribute errors to prophecy or misunderstanding to the Lord. As I have said before, God the Son is perfectly able to make Himself understood to those He is talking to in language that they would understand.

Peter

The flesh of the Christian false god called Jesus did NOT rise into the sky. All flesh perishes in this first age but all our spirits go on to the next age where we get new flesh. Jesus and all us other saints receive the hidden knowledge of God to learn about the past, present and future. We know that our flesh perishes but our ONE spirit that uses the flesh called saints is where ALL God's creation exists. We ( God's people and servant ) are ALL in the ONE SPIRIT together in the mind of our Creator.

Wherever the spirit of Jesus and us saints are is where God's creation is.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:37:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 6:46:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
Ahh the names assigned by the Catholics as authors of those gospels when they were producing the Book Of Catholics(you call it the bible)

More fool you if you really believe that.
PGA
Posts: 4,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 12:29:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 3:30:46 AM, Composer wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.
You ' know nothing! ' but speculate almost everything!

As I always correctly stated, IF jebus were a god or angel then it was never a real person but something pretending to be, i.e. a divine person wrapped in flesh!

Factual statement 1.

IF jebus were a 100% Fully man, then there is NO room for anything else e.g. an angel nor a god nor any portions literally derived from them!

The Word BECAME FLESH. He became human. His nature was that of God and He took on the nature of man also in becoming man. So in the one Person, Jesus, there were two natures, that of God and that of man. Therefore He was fully man and fully God. He wasn't just 90% man but totally and fully man, just as He did not stop being God, an eternal being without beginning or end, but was also fully God. Yet in order for man to fulfill all God's righteous requirements I believe Jesus lived on this earth using only His human nature before the Father. He set aside or did not use His godly nature and prerogatives such as omniscience or omnipotence. Since the first Adam brought sin into the world, thus separating man from a living, loving, spiritual relationship with God, the second Adam, Jesus restores this relationship. He lived that perfect life before God and took the punishment of sinful man upon Himself, thus also satisfying God's justice in punishing evil, for those who believe, that is.

Peter
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 1:16:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 12:29:17 PM, PGA wrote:
At 1/2/2014 3:30:46 AM, Composer wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.
You ' know nothing! ' but speculate almost everything!

As I always correctly stated, IF jebus were a god or angel then it was never a real person but something pretending to be, i.e. a divine person wrapped in flesh!

Factual statement 1.

IF jebus were a 100% Fully man, then there is NO room for anything else e.g. an angel nor a god nor any portions literally derived from them!

The Word BECAME FLESH. He became human. His nature was that of God and He took on the nature of man also in becoming man. So in the one Person, Jesus, there were two natures, that of God and that of man. Therefore He was fully man and fully God. He wasn't just 90% man but totally and fully man, just as He did not stop being God, an eternal being without beginning or end, but was also fully God. Yet in order for man to fulfill all God's righteous requirements I believe Jesus lived on this earth using only His human nature before the Father. He set aside or did not use His godly nature and prerogatives such as omniscience or omnipotence. Since the first Adam brought sin into the world, thus separating man from a living, loving, spiritual relationship with God, the second Adam, Jesus restores this relationship. He lived that perfect life before God and took the punishment of sinful man upon Himself, thus also satisfying God's justice in punishing evil, for those who believe, that is.

Peter

Yes, no-one is arguing over that fact, it is simply the method that it was done by that you fail to understand.

When God's son's, the Words, personality was placed inside that human body, it became God son. The body, spirit or human is merely a shell, what is "us" is the sum total of our memories and experiences, so the Word became the flesh that he occupied.

It will be the same in the general resurrection, the "perfect" human bodies, bodies the Same as Adam and Eve had before they sinned, with all it's prospects of eternal life, we will be resurrected into will be "us" because our entire personality and memories will be inserted into it.

Of course that also means that Jesus ceased to exist, just as the Word, God's only begotten son, did on the heavens.

That is the only practical way it could work and God is nothing if not practical. He created all the laws of the universe, and abodes by them himself, even in all his miracles, even if we can't understand how..
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 3:31:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 12:29:17 PM, PGA wrote:
At 1/2/2014 3:30:46 AM, Composer wrote:
At 1/1/2014 7:25:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
We know that Jesus was the human body occupied by God's son.
You ' know nothing! ' but speculate almost everything!

As I always correctly stated, IF jebus were a god or angel then it was never a real person but something pretending to be, i.e. a divine person wrapped in flesh!

Factual statement 1.

IF jebus were a 100% Fully man, then there is NO room for anything else e.g. an angel nor a god nor any portions literally derived from them!

The Word BECAME FLESH. He became human. His nature was that of God and He took on the nature of man also in becoming man. So in the one Person, Jesus, there were two natures, that of God and that of man. Therefore He was fully man and fully God. He wasn't just 90% man but totally and fully man, just as He did not stop being God, an eternal being without beginning or end, but was also fully God. Yet in order for man to fulfill all God's righteous requirements I believe Jesus lived on this earth using only His human nature before the Father. He set aside or did not use His godly nature and prerogatives such as omniscience or omnipotence. Since the first Adam brought sin into the world, thus separating man from a living, loving, spiritual relationship with God, the second Adam, Jesus restores this relationship. He lived that perfect life before God and took the punishment of sinful man upon Himself, thus also satisfying God's justice in punishing evil, for those who believe, that is.

Peter
The flesh is only an illusion that is NOT real. The only thing that's real is our Creator and His thoughts, which is where we exist.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.