Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

How to know if you are a fundy atheist

Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 9:34:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You are probably a fundy atheist if;

1. you spend hours arguing that atheism is a "lack of faith" rather than believing there is no God, as if this makes any difference in the real world

2. you think that bad things that occur in nature are proof that there is no God, then ignore all the good things that happen in the world so you can scoff at theists

3. you believe what you were taught in Sunday School is the only version of God people believe in

4. even though you don't believe in God, you believe you are a god-like source of wisdom to everyone else

5. you think arguments like "could God make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it" are valid arguments against God's existence, rather than tautologies

6. you say it's impossible to prove a negative, then claim all Christians are liars. When reminded where the burden of proof lies, you say "well prove Christians don't lie!!!!"

7. you believe that if something cannot be seen, felt or heard, it doesn't exist, then you have the nerve to call others narrow-minded

8. when asked where the big ball of matter that existed before the universe came from, you state, against all evidence, it's more logical to believe it popped into existence than to believe it was created

9. you say belief in God is a meaningless belief, yet believe your opinion that God does not exist is factual

10. you talk about God more than any believer, despite the fact that arguing against negatives is pointless according to you
bulproof
Posts: 25,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 10:33:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 9:34:01 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
You are probably a fundy atheist if;

1. you spend hours arguing that atheism is a "lack of faith" rather than believing there is no God, as if this makes any difference in the real world

2. you think that bad things that occur in nature are proof that there is no God, then ignore all the good things that happen in the world so you can scoff at theists

3. you believe what you were taught in Sunday School is the only version of God people believe in

4. even though you don't believe in God, you believe you are a god-like source of wisdom to everyone else

5. you think arguments like "could God make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it" are valid arguments against God's existence, rather than tautologies

6. you say it's impossible to prove a negative, then claim all Christians are liars. When reminded where the burden of proof lies, you say "well prove Christians don't lie!!!!"

7. you believe that if something cannot be seen, felt or heard, it doesn't exist, then you have the nerve to call others narrow-minded

8. when asked where the big ball of matter that existed before the universe came from, you state, against all evidence, it's more logical to believe it popped into existence than to believe it was created

9. you say belief in God is a meaningless belief, yet believe your opinion that God does not exist is factual

10. you talk about God more than any believer, despite the fact that arguing against negatives is pointless according to you

!0 misapprehensions held to religiously by the mentally rertarded. Where the fvck did you come up with that load of bovine excrement.

The poor religious, I know that not all are mentally retarded or insane, but there seems to be an over representation of those types on this forum.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 11:40:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 9:34:01 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
You are probably a fundy atheist if;

1. you spend hours arguing that atheism is a "lack of faith" rather than believing there is no God, as if this makes any difference in the real world

2. you think that bad things that occur in nature are proof that there is no God, then ignore all the good things that happen in the world so you can scoff at theists

3. you believe what you were taught in Sunday School is the only version of God people believe in

4. even though you don't believe in God, you believe you are a god-like source of wisdom to everyone else

5. . you think arguments like "could God make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it" are valid arguments against God's existence, rather than tautologies

6. you say it's impossible to prove a negative, then claim all Christians are liars. When reminded where the burden of proof lies, you say "well prove Christians don't lie!!!!"

7. you believe that if something cannot be seen, felt or heard, it doesn't exist, then you have the nerve to call others narrow-minded

8. when asked where the big ball of matter that existed before the universe came from, you state, against all evidence, it's more logical to believe it popped into existence than to believe it was created

9. you say belief in God is a meaningless belief, yet believe your opinion that God does not exist is factual

10. you talk about God more than any believer, despite the fact that arguing against negatives is pointless according to you

1. Check out the Dawkins scale. That would be weak atheism.

2. That's the pointless evils arguments. I see that you're refuting it by the greater good argument, which is refuted by me giving the "stupid god" argument.

3. No... But it is definitely and undeniably the biggest one.

4. I'd rather use the term "educated atheist", which refers to an atheist who has done his homework. An Educated Theist would be someone who is educated in the arguments. For example a priest who has been raised with Christianity and never saw or heard of any other religion would not count. However William Lane Craig and Christopher Hitchens would.

5.. "you think arguments like "could God make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it" are valid arguments against God's existence, rather than tautologies"
1. Who the hell are you quoting during all this!?!

I believe the proper argument is: "God cannot _____ therefore he is not _____"

Example: "God cannot feel lust. If he could, he would be sinful. If he could not, he would have no idea what lust feels like, meaning he cannot possibly be all knowing."
More like contradictions than stupid phrases. God would not have a will to do that...

6. The burden of proof is on you to prove god is real... It's on me to refute those arguments, then maybe show some arguments for whatever religion I may be. For me it's De-Facto atheist, so I must show that there probably is no god.

However, that which can be proven without evidence can be dismissed without evidence as well, so if a theist and an atheist are both silent in the god debate, the atheist would win due to the lack of the burden of proof.

7. "That which can be proven without evidence can be dismissed without evidence as well," |Hitchens. I would call that weak atheism though...

8. Well I've given you plausible causes, which you told me was refuted by "Special Relativity," Which I disproved with a laser, and then you never responded.

9. I believe that's illogical. I'm a se Facto atheist, check out (Or maybe Google it) The Dawkins Scale if Beliefs. You could find out what you are, oh and it's every religion, not just atheism.

10. It's a fun debate topic.
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 12:27:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pretty spot on assessment of atheist fundamentalism. Left out though are atheist denial of any facts that contradict the atheists belief system. Left out too is atheist irrationality and lack of logic in positing conclusions about reality based on limited time bound data, i.e. jumping to false conclusions which is not scientific inquiry.

These are the End Times of Atheism as it cannot withstand intellectual scrutiny as we see with the lashing out of anger at theists exposing the fundamentalist mirror underbelly of atheism dependent on theism to exist, hence the atheist troll phenomena seen on so many talkboards where Christians are posting and atheists stalking them.
bulproof
Posts: 25,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 3:06:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 12:27:35 AM, biomystic wrote:
Pretty spot on assessment of atheist fundamentalism. Left out though are atheist denial of any facts that contradict the atheists belief system. Left out too is atheist irrationality and lack of logic in positing conclusions about reality based on limited time bound data, i.e. jumping to false conclusions which is not scientific inquiry.

These are the End Times of Atheism as it cannot withstand intellectual scrutiny as we see with the lashing out of anger at theists exposing the fundamentalist mirror underbelly of atheism dependent on theism to exist, hence the atheist troll phenomena seen on so many talkboards where Christians are posting and atheists stalking them.
And swords went out hundreds of years ago. Go you sword wielder you. LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 9:19:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Perfect example of trollism. Bull, why not post positive stuff for a change? Constant negativity does nothing positive for human beings and yet so many forum posters engage in it as if they only cared about plastering their egos up on the internet walls like graffiti artists. My spiritual work spiritually moves people, many people, to believe because they see for themselves the Great Spirit of God at work while you, what do you do with your life that has any real purpose to others? Are you doing anyone any good? You spend an awful lot of time on this forum.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 10:17:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
top ten signs you're a fundy christian (i believe this thread is a response to the list linked below):
http://www.evilbible.com...

top four signs you're a butt-hurt christian:
1. You constantly post topics about atheism and atheists.
2. You constantly argue that atheists are ignorant and do not know anything about christianity.
3. You complain when atheists discuss or debate Christian theology.
4. You do not understand how this makes you a hypocrite.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 10:42:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
11. You deny that atheists can be fundamentalists - because, y'know, only "faith heads" and "god botherers" can be fundamentalists.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 11:30:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 9:34:01 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
You are probably a fundy atheist if;

1. you spend hours arguing that atheism is a "lack of faith" rather than believing there is no God, as if this makes any difference in the real world

2. you think that bad things that occur in nature are proof that there is no God, then ignore all the good things that happen in the world so you can scoff at theists

3. you believe what you were taught in Sunday School is the only version of God people believe in

4. even though you don't believe in God, you believe you are a god-like source of wisdom to everyone else

5. you think arguments like "could God make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it" are valid arguments against God's existence, rather than tautologies

6. you say it's impossible to prove a negative, then claim all Christians are liars. When reminded where the burden of proof lies, you say "well prove Christians don't lie!!!!"

7. you believe that if something cannot be seen, felt or heard, it doesn't exist, then you have the nerve to call others narrow-minded

8. when asked where the big ball of matter that existed before the universe came from, you state, against all evidence, it's more logical to believe it popped into existence than to believe it was created

9. you say belief in God is a meaningless belief, yet believe your opinion that God does not exist is factual

10. you talk about God more than any believer, despite the fact that arguing against negatives is pointless according to you

"fun"da"men"tal"ism (fnd-mntl-zm)
n.
1. A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.
2.
a. often Fundamentalism An organized, militant Evangelical movement originating in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th century in opposition to Protestant Liberalism and secularism, insisting on the inerrancy of Scripture.
b. Adherence to the theology of this movement." -http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

Sure there could be a person with a belief system which makes them a fundamentalist whilst they also don't believe in any gods, but what you've outlined doesn't seem to define such a person.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!