Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

More Evidence: Atheism or Theism?

dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 9:16:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

no
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 9:18:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
unrelated, do Christians really have to memorize the Bible?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 9:18:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

You can't disprove something that is compatible with any and all evidence or possible evidence.

You can create such a "God", then as some people do get all high and mighty about how no can can disprove such a God exists....... A HA !!! take that atheists.

We are not amused.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 9:49:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

There's no evidence that we exist in the mind of our Creator as His spoken thoughts called vibrations of energy. No man can see these invisible wavelengths of energy but we can see the results of them as waves in water or the things we hear, smell, taste, touch and the vibrations we speak into audible sounds.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 1:37:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 1:06:50 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Define "God" first.

God (def): the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

That's the general definition of God according to Western theists.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 2:10:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 1:37:04 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/10/2014 1:06:50 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Define "God" first.

God (def): the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

That's the general definition of God according to Western theists.

Well, I'm a moral anti-realist (I think "morality" is drummed into us by evolution, it is not something that stems from some transcendent personal source), so I don't believe in any source of moral authority. However, some kind of "creator" makes sense.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 5:33:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?
I will have to say no. However I don't think an atheist requires to prove anything. The atheists aren't asserting an amazing claim. For example, I could say that a magical ferret lives in my backyard. You may say that I'm full of it. Why? Because you have never seen any "evidence" that such a ferret may exist. The theistic standpoint would be that since you couldn't disprove my magic ferret, it does in matter of "FACT" exist. Using the term "evidence" in this way is kind of deceiving. In my opinion atheists are stating that everything works the way it does work without adding a god to the equation. If that would be the case, then theists would be required to present real "evidence" that their claim are correct, not the other way around.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 5:39:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 2:10:32 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 1/10/2014 1:37:04 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/10/2014 1:06:50 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Define "God" first.

God (def): the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

That's the general definition of God according to Western theists.

Well, I'm a moral anti-realist (I think "morality" is drummed into us by evolution, it is not something that stems from some transcendent personal source), so I don't believe in any source of moral authority. However, some kind of "creator" makes sense.

Wow . . . and all this time I thought you were an atheist.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 5:53:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
Ok I guess. Let's try again. My ferret? You CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 5:54:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I did forget to add one thing. Prove your claim that your god exists.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
theta_pinch
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 6:00:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.
The weak anthropic principle relies on the inverse post hoc fallacy.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 6:18:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 6:00:47 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.
The weak anthropic principle relies on the inverse post hoc fallacy.

No, it relies on the scientific fact that the laws of nature are benevolent.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 7:38:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 6:18:51 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/10/2014 6:00:47 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.
The weak anthropic principle relies on the inverse post hoc fallacy.

No, it relies on the scientific fact that the laws of nature are benevolent.

It is not a scientific fact. I would love to see the peer-reviewed study that concludes that...
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 8:52:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
superflymegastallion You ask.. Prove your claim that your god exists.
This is just it... "I have FAITH God exists!"
I have the scriptures to support my FAITH!
I have LOGIC.
I have History
I have MIRACLES

You ask.. YOU CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
I reply???? AND your point is??!
Question....Do you have a ferret?? If you do, then it exists! If you do NOT then it does not exist! Again and your point is??!

You ask.. Have you ever seen a ferret?
I reply; YES!
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 2:29:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/10/2014 8:52:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
superflymegastallion You ask.. Prove your claim that your god exists.
This is just it... "I have FAITH God exists!"
That's it; faith?
I have the scriptures to support my FAITH!
I have a book?
I have LOGIC.
Where?
I have History
About what?
I have MIRACLES
Such as?

You ask.. YOU CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
I reply???? AND your point is??!
You can't.
Question....Do you have a ferret?? If you do, then it exists! If you do NOT then it does not exist! Again and your point is??!
Please see my next response.
You ask.. Have you ever seen a ferret?
I reply; YES!
My point would be that YOU have seen a ferret. Therefore, he exists.
I have not seen any god of any kind. Therefore he / they do not exist.
Now, here's the difference. I could post or e-mail you a picture of me, my family and friends with this ferret. Could you do the same? You see, I can prove my ferret, you can't prove your god. What I can't prove is the ferrets magical powers, omniscience, omnipotence, ability to grant prayer requests, etc... That would require some extraordinary evidence wouldn't you agree?
This is just it... "I have FAITH THE FERRET exists!"
I have the many, many books on ferrets to support my FAITH!
I have LOGIC because I can actually see ferrets.
I have History because nobody can deny ferrets exist or the books on them.
I have MIRACLES. I guess you'll just have to take this one on FAITH. All miracles you attribute to god are actually from my ferret.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 2:49:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/11/2014 2:29:47 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 8:52:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
superflymegastallion You ask.. Prove your claim that your god exists.
This is just it... "I have FAITH God exists!"
That's it; faith?
I have the scriptures to support my FAITH!
I have a book?
I have LOGIC.
Where?
I have History
About what?
I have MIRACLES
Such as?

You ask.. YOU CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
I reply???? AND your point is??!
You can't.
Question....Do you have a ferret?? If you do, then it exists! If you do NOT then it does not exist! Again and your point is??!
Please see my next response.
You ask.. Have you ever seen a ferret?
I reply; YES!
My point would be that YOU have seen a ferret. Therefore, he exists.
I have not seen any god of any kind. Therefore he / they do not exist.
Now, here's the difference. I could post or e-mail you a picture of me, my family and friends with this ferret. Could you do the same? You see, I can prove my ferret, you can't prove your god. What I can't prove is the ferrets magical powers, omniscience, omnipotence, ability to grant prayer requests, etc... That would require some extraordinary evidence wouldn't you agree?
This is just it... "I have FAITH THE FERRET exists!"
I have the many, many books on ferrets to support my FAITH!
I have LOGIC because I can actually see ferrets.
I have History because nobody can deny ferrets exist or the books on them.
I have MIRACLES. I guess you'll just have to take this one on FAITH. All miracles you attribute to god are actually from my ferret.

superflymegastallion You CANNOT see the wind!!! Does it exist???!!
God is SPIRIT we both know it!!!! You can't see SPIRIT so your point (above) is moot!!!
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 3:05:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/11/2014 2:49:46 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/11/2014 2:29:47 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 8:52:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
superflymegastallion You ask.. Prove your claim that your god exists.
This is just it... "I have FAITH God exists!"
That's it; faith?
I have the scriptures to support my FAITH!
I have a book?
I have LOGIC.
Where?
I have History
About what?
I have MIRACLES
Such as?

You ask.. YOU CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
I reply???? AND your point is??!
You can't.
Question....Do you have a ferret?? If you do, then it exists! If you do NOT then it does not exist! Again and your point is??!
Please see my next response.
You ask.. Have you ever seen a ferret?
I reply; YES!
My point would be that YOU have seen a ferret. Therefore, he exists.
I have not seen any god of any kind. Therefore he / they do not exist.
Now, here's the difference. I could post or e-mail you a picture of me, my family and friends with this ferret. Could you do the same? You see, I can prove my ferret, you can't prove your god. What I can't prove is the ferrets magical powers, omniscience, omnipotence, ability to grant prayer requests, etc... That would require some extraordinary evidence wouldn't you agree?
This is just it... "I have FAITH THE FERRET exists!"
I have the many, many books on ferrets to support my FAITH!
I have LOGIC because I can actually see ferrets.
I have History because nobody can deny ferrets exist or the books on them.
I have MIRACLES. I guess you'll just have to take this one on FAITH. All miracles you attribute to god are actually from my ferret.

superflymegastallion You CANNOT see the wind!!! Does it exist???!!
The leaf goes when the wind blows. Yes! Ever been in a blizzard? The wind can be seen and measured.
God is SPIRIT we both know it!!!! You can't see SPIRIT so your point (above) is moot!!!
You believe in ghosts too?
I'm very sorry that I have more proof for my magic ferret that you have for your god.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 3:08:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/11/2014 2:49:46 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/11/2014 2:29:47 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 8:52:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
superflymegastallion You ask.. Prove your claim that your god exists.
This is just it... "I have FAITH God exists!"
That's it; faith?
I have the scriptures to support my FAITH!
I have a book?
I have LOGIC.
Where?
I have History
About what?
I have MIRACLES
Such as?

You ask.. YOU CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
I reply???? AND your point is??!
You can't.
Question....Do you have a ferret?? If you do, then it exists! If you do NOT then it does not exist! Again and your point is??!
Please see my next response.
You ask.. Have you ever seen a ferret?
I reply; YES!
My point would be that YOU have seen a ferret. Therefore, he exists.
I have not seen any god of any kind. Therefore he / they do not exist.
Now, here's the difference. I could post or e-mail you a picture of me, my family and friends with this ferret. Could you do the same? You see, I can prove my ferret, you can't prove your god. What I can't prove is the ferrets magical powers, omniscience, omnipotence, ability to grant prayer requests, etc... That would require some extraordinary evidence wouldn't you agree?
This is just it... "I have FAITH THE FERRET exists!"
I have the many, many books on ferrets to support my FAITH!
I have LOGIC because I can actually see ferrets.
I have History because nobody can deny ferrets exist or the books on them.
I have MIRACLES. I guess you'll just have to take this one on FAITH. All miracles you attribute to god are actually from my ferret.

superflymegastallion You CANNOT see the wind!!! Does it exist???!!
God is SPIRIT we both know it!!!! You can't see SPIRIT so your point (above) is moot!!!
Actually, I should have just said that god can be seen according to the bible.
srehtiw
Posts: 491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 8:57:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/11/2014 2:29:47 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 8:52:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
superflymegastallion You ask.. Prove your claim that your god exists.
This is just it... "I have FAITH God exists!"
That's it; faith?
I have the scriptures to support my FAITH!
I have a book?
I have LOGIC.
Where?
I have History
About what?
I have MIRACLES
Such as?

You ask.. YOU CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
I reply???? AND your point is??!
You can't.
Question....Do you have a ferret?? If you do, then it exists! If you do NOT then it does not exist! Again and your point is??!
Please see my next response.
You ask.. Have you ever seen a ferret?
I reply; YES!
My point would be that YOU have seen a ferret. Therefore, he exists.
I have not seen any god of any kind. Therefore he / they do not exist.
Now, here's the difference. I could post or e-mail you a picture of me, my family and friends with this ferret. Could you do the same? You see, I can prove my ferret, you can't prove your god. What I can't prove is the ferrets magical powers, omniscience, omnipotence, ability to grant prayer requests, etc... That would require some extraordinary evidence wouldn't you agree?
This is just it... "I have FAITH THE FERRET exists!"
I have the many, many books on ferrets to support my FAITH!
I have LOGIC because I can actually see ferrets.
I have History because nobody can deny ferrets exist or the books on them.
I have MIRACLES. I guess you'll just have to take this one on FAITH. All miracles you attribute to god are actually from my ferret.

Ok. I have never: seen, heard, smelt, felt, tasted or in any other way had evidence for the existence for your brain. Therefor I conclude you have no brain.
bulproof
Posts: 25,225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 9:03:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?
There is equal evidence for both.

The evidence for god is.............................................wait.........................give me a little time...........................................oh yeah it is.................................oh wait a minute I know...............................spaghetti...............................no wrong channel ......................................it's comin' to me............................just hold your horses.........................I'll have it in a minute............................................................................................

Atheism has the above, ergo the same.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 9:51:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/12/2014 8:57:08 AM, srehtiw wrote:
At 1/11/2014 2:29:47 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 8:52:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:55:52 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:43:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 5:37:38 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 1/10/2014 3:04:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/10/2014 12:07:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/8/2014 9:09:57 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Does either side have ANY evidence at all?

Yes, theism has the weak anthropic principle.

Atheism has strawmen and populist slogans.

I reply: Both require "FAITH"!

The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is no God! He has his own FAITH there is no God! He cannot PROVE there is no God!

The Theist also have his FAITH but also he has the Bible, Tradition, Church, Logic, Miracles, History etc

And you proved my point dogknox, thanks! I don't have to prove there isn't a god, I didn't claim it exists. Now about that ferret...
RIGHT you are...
You CAN NOT PROVE "God does not exist"! All you have is your FAITH.. You BELIEVE "God does not exist"!
I also forgot to add some questions to support my claim of the ferret.
Have you ever seen a ferret?
superflymegastallion You ask.. Prove your claim that your god exists.
This is just it... "I have FAITH God exists!"
That's it; faith?
I have the scriptures to support my FAITH!
I have a book?
I have LOGIC.
Where?
I have History
About what?
I have MIRACLES
Such as?

You ask.. YOU CAN NOT PROVE "my ferret doesn't exist".
I reply???? AND your point is??!
You can't.
Question....Do you have a ferret?? If you do, then it exists! If you do NOT then it does not exist! Again and your point is??!
Please see my next response.
You ask.. Have you ever seen a ferret?
I reply; YES!
My point would be that YOU have seen a ferret. Therefore, he exists.
I have not seen any god of any kind. Therefore he / they do not exist.
Now, here's the difference. I could post or e-mail you a picture of me, my family and friends with this ferret. Could you do the same? You see, I can prove my ferret, you can't prove your god. What I can't prove is the ferrets magical powers, omniscience, omnipotence, ability to grant prayer requests, etc... That would require some extraordinary evidence wouldn't you agree?
This is just it... "I have FAITH THE FERRET exists!"
I have the many, many books on ferrets to support my FAITH!
I have LOGIC because I can actually see ferrets.
I have History because nobody can deny ferrets exist or the books on them.
I have MIRACLES. I guess you'll just have to take this one on FAITH. All miracles you attribute to god are actually from my ferret.

Ok. I have never: seen, heard, smelt, felt, tasted or in any other way had evidence for the existence for your brain. Therefor I conclude you have no brain.
Sure you could conclude that. However, I could prove you wrong. Stay in school son.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 9:53:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/12/2014 9:07:19 AM, MyasPointOfVeiw wrote:
Threre is no evidence of ANYTHING!
I have evidence that you posted a message to this thread, however, I could be wrong. You may have been hacked or somebody posted while you were logged on.