Jump to topic:

Is Cosmic Humanism A Religion?

RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 9:43:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Cosmic Humanism is not only religion, the Cosmic Humanists are religious missionaries (or maybe sort of reverse missionaries).

Cosmic Humanism and the New Age Movement reveal an imposing fact that spirituality is something humanity cannot avoid. Either the Spiritual Realm is going to be perceived as an outside force or an inside force (or both).

This statement seems particularly interesting to me:

One of the most challenging undertakings facing our vast enterprise is the over-riding need to create a synthesis of the religions and arts of the ancient East and the sciences and technologies of the modern West. Let us glance at this project.

First off, this is where the reverse missionary activity sets in. The idea of drawing spirituality from a different culture, and giving it right back in a new package. This is certainly not an equal exchange by any means.

I would also add that there is not only the religion-missionary element of Cosmic Humanism, but western colonialism as well. In fact, I detect a bit of what was once referred to as the Yellow Peril in this statement:

Another way to put the issue is to say that the time has come to resynthesize the subjective and the objective, introvert abd the extrovert civilizations, and achieve a higher harmony of viewpoints. We need to remember that even Japan was not aggressive until it learned the trick from the West. The art of Japan, before the forcing of the doors, was in tune with the oriental tradition.

And perhaps a bit of Sinophobia:

And what happened in Japan and China is becoming Westernized is a warning to us of what may happen if the Orient takes over the principles of Occidental culture without sysnthesis with its own native intuitions. When Japn took on Western technology, she thre overboard much of her own culture. And heaven help the West if China and India, and other Oriental nations decide to do the same thing.

What are your thoughts on Cosmic Humanism?

http://www.earthportals.com...
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 4:44:23 PM
You can't create a spirituality authentic religion by intellectual effort. Many have tried and all have failed. Only God creates authentic religion and God has already created authentic spiritually based Humanism. The Gospel of Humanity reveals God's Plan of Creation as well as the identity of God Themselves.

Gospel of Humanity at: http://biomystic.org....
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 5:00:38 PM
At 1/12/2014 4:44:23 PM, biomystic wrote:
You can't create a spirituality authentic religion by intellectual effort. Many have tried and all have failed. Only God creates authentic religion and God has already created authentic spiritually based Humanism. The Gospel of Humanity reveals God's Plan of Creation as well as the identity of God Themselves.

Gospel of Humanity at: http://biomystic.org....
Are you a hindu?
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 11:21:04 PM
No. Did you go to the site? I'm Jewish. Hinduism/Buddhism= Lotus Land man-made brain manipulation ideology. Not of God's Plan because of no Messiah spiritual understanding.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 9:32:32 AM
At 1/12/2014 11:21:04 PM, biomystic wrote:
No. Did you go to the site? I'm Jewish. Hinduism/Buddhism= Lotus Land man-made brain manipulation ideology. Not of God's Plan because of no Messiah spiritual understanding.
I read part of it. I saw references to Hinduism, and wondered why you would include that in your site. But I did see this afterwards that sort of explains it:

There is a Spiritual Ecology system as well as a biological ecology system to Life. The evidence of it are to be found in the movements of spiritual entities and concepts through history. A spiritual climax succession pattern emerges where each new religious vision goes through a series of revisionary changes to arrive at a final form that is stable and self-perpetuating. Within the body of religious beliefs a similar succession of stages emerges where religious belief systems interact with one another, sometimes cooperatively but often competitively to arrive at a final or climax stage where dominant religions, i.e., those with the most followers and material power, are relatively stable and capable of self-perpetuation and lesser religions finding small sociological niches to exist in.

Was the reference to Abraham and Brahma connection part of your revelation, or strictly from research?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 9:34:17 AM
At 1/12/2014 4:44:23 PM, biomystic wrote:
You can't create a spirituality authentic religion by intellectual effort.
But you can from a drug induced psychotic event, hey swordman?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 9:38:59 AM
I've been meaning to ask for years bio.

Did you sneak your waxaliger through customs as a golf club in Israel or did you get the Pals to bring it across after a few religiously sacred beheadings or did you get it there hidden up your great big arse?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:30:51 PM
At 1/13/2014 9:38:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
I've been meaning to ask for years bio.

Did you sneak your waxaliger through customs as a golf club in Israel or did you get the Pals to bring it across after a few religiously sacred beheadings or did you get it there hidden up your great big arse?

What an ugly atheist a-hole you are, bully..go wash your potty mouth out and stand in the corner. No dessert for you until you learn to mind your manners, little man.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:49:44 PM
At 1/13/2014 9:32:32 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 1/12/2014 11:21:04 PM, biomystic wrote:
I read part of it. I saw references to Hinduism, and wondered why you would include that in your site. But I did see this afterwards that sort of explains it:

There is a Spiritual Ecology system as well as a biological ecology system to Life. The evidence of it are to be found in the movements of spiritual entities and concepts through history. A spiritual climax succession pattern emerges where each new religious vision goes through a series of revisionary changes to arrive at a final form that is stable and self-perpetuating. Within the body of religious beliefs a similar succession of stages emerges where religious belief systems interact with one another, sometimes cooperatively but often competitively to arrive at a final or climax stage where dominant religions, i.e., those with the most followers and material power, are relatively stable and capable of self-perpetuation and lesser religions finding small sociological niches to exist in.

Was the reference to Abraham and Brahma connection part of your revelation, or strictly from research?

Like a great many Christians I too could not accept the Old Testament God of Israel as being the heavenly Father that instructed Jesus' teachings that are so different from the OT god's. I even went so far as to borrow the Rastafarian "Jah" as identifying my God because Jah was all about Love, but still, not so very satisfying...until God handed me the right book via my friend giving me Semitic Languages Prof. John Gray's book Near Eastern Mythologies where I learned how the ancient Canaanites worshiped God Most High before the Hebrews got their hands on Him and subsumed EL into Yahweh in the Sinai Covenant to create the man-made YHWH.

Finding EL Elyon as He was worshiped by Canaanites made all difference for this modern Gnostic. The old Gnostics were stuck like I was thinking the Bible god was just too terrible for anyone of honor to worship. They chucked the whole deal, Bible god and his Creation as a botched job and recommended everyone become "passersby", i.e. the world is shitty and don't step in it by staying clear of material world enticements. The old Gnostics never knew about EL and the Hebrew priests god makeover so they rejected all of Creation. Now I know we don't have to reject Creation at all because it's doing just fine once we know Who's in charge of the show, El Elyon, God Most High.

After finding EL I wondered about why the Hebrews concocted their YHWH counterfeit god and started tracing Hebrew history and following the archeological findings of Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman. These Israelis showed ancient Hebrews fabricating their Israelite history out of several pagan religious strains, one of which was Brahminism, which seemed weird at the time until I read about the thriving India incense and spice trade route going from Yemen where Brahmins had their shops and warehouses sending out caravans to all corners of the Near East where frankencense, myrrh, etc. were quite valuable commodities. Contact with Hindu Brahmins is where ancient Hebrews learned about Brahma and Sarasvati and Ghaggar who became Abraham, Sarah, and Hagar, in the Jewish makeover of these Hindu gods.