Jump to topic:

Atheist Register

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 6:42:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think we should create an atheist registry. Why? Well, because we already have a registry for KKK members and Islamist terrorists.

Without an omni-benevolent God, there is no reason for atheists to bother being good. I also think such a register would stop me "feeding Satan" by paying into their businesses.

What do you guys think?
TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 10:41:53 AM
At 1/21/2014 6:42:55 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
I think we should create an atheist registry. Why? Well, because we already have a registry for KKK members and Islamist terrorists.

Without an omni-benevolent God, there is no reason for atheists to bother being good. I also think such a register would stop me "feeding Satan" by paying into their businesses.

What do you guys think?

This is either an extremely idiotic proposition, or a troll post. I am starting to believe it's the latter... I hope.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 5:20:50 PM

What do you guys think?

You are an idiot. No reason for an atheist to be "good"? Really, freaking really? Well, I guess I'm getting out of the Army tomorrow, so I don't have to defend your right to be a jackass.
TheSquirrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 5:31:54 PM

What do you guys think?
And yet, more criminals (including the KKK and those Islamist terrorists you mentioned) are religious.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:17:59 PM

What do you guys think?

I have to admit, I LOL'D.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:40:16 PM

What do you guys think?

I'm actually kind of offended.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:43:56 PM
At 1/21/2014 8:40:16 PM, DudeStop wrote:

What do you guys think?

At least it helps make finding material for TWS easier.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:45:37 PM
At 1/21/2014 8:43:56 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

What do you guys think?

Ah but he's trolling. I'm still offended slightly regardless of his intentions...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:47:13 PM
At 1/21/2014 8:45:37 PM, DudeStop wrote:

What do you guys think?

Ah but he's trolling. I'm still offended slightly regardless of his intentions...

Are you sure? InstallGentoo may be a troll, but he's been sticking with it for a little too long to not seem genuine.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:47:27 PM

What do you guys think?

I agree. Atheists are dangerous and violent criminals who deserve to be hanged. One time, I was just sitting there on my bed. It was around 2 in the morning. Suddenly, my door burst open, and all these atheists entered my room. They tied me to the bed and threatened to castrate me if I didn't convert to atheism. I told them I could never abandon my faith in God. So they went and grabbed my baby from the next room. They stuffed her in the microwave and threatened to turn it on if I didn't convert to atheism. I still declined. Then they went and rounded up 6 million religious folk and transported them to concentration camps and threaten to grant them all showers with lots of soap-dropping if I didn't convert to atheism. I still refused.

Then I read the Bible. And converted to atheism.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:49:24 PM
At 1/21/2014 8:47:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

What do you guys think?

I agree. Atheists are dangerous and violent criminals who deserve to be hanged. One time, I was just sitting there on my bed. It was around 2 in the morning. Suddenly, my door burst open, and all these atheists entered my room. They tied me to the bed and threatened to castrate me if I didn't convert to atheism. I told them I could never abandon my faith in God. So they went and grabbed my baby from the next room. They stuffed her in the microwave and threatened to turn it on if I didn't convert to atheism. I still declined. Then they went and rounded up 6 million religious folk and transported them to concentration camps and threaten to grant them all showers with lots of soap-dropping if I didn't convert to atheism. I still refused.

that's what I'm talking about.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:51:36 PM
At 1/21/2014 8:47:13 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

What do you guys think?

Are you sure? InstallGentoo may be a troll, but he's been sticking with it for a little too long to not seem genuine.

His: Atheists: 0
Christianity: Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Which in just made the connection to... lol)

Is exactly like of a popular Youtube series, where the guy makes funny/stupid arguments that religious people tend to make.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:53:31 PM
At 1/21/2014 8:51:36 PM, DudeStop wrote:

What do you guys think?

Is exactly like of a popular Youtube series, where the guy makes funny/stupid arguments that religious people tend to make.

I love that guy! Assuming you're talking about this one.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 9:36:01 PM
At 1/21/2014 8:53:31 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

What do you guys think?

No no there's another one, he holds up the bible and acts like he's a legit religious person. He's bald? I'll have to find him.

I also love the professor... lol
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 12:15:58 AM

What do you guys think?

When are you going to leave this site? I'm getting impatient.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
mcc1789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 12:33:53 AM
At 1/21/2014 9:36:01 PM, DudeStop wrote:

What do you guys think?

No no there's another one, he holds up the bible and acts like he's a legit religious person. He's bald? I'll have to find him.

I think you may mean Edward Current: https://www.youtube.com...
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.-Philip K. Dick
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 12:56:30 AM

Terrorists don't actually register with US Govt, they are placed on a watch list by investigators. If installgentoo would like to start his own watch list of known atheists, I think that's fine. It can be one of the pieces of evidence detectives dust for fingerprints in his little unibomber cabin.

Without an omni-benevolent God, there is no reason for atheists to bother being good.

Agreed, an atheist is good based on a personal philosophy of compassion. installgentoo is good because he fears being punished otherwise. If aliens came to Earth tomorrow and demonstrated that they created mankind, installgentoo's ethical code collapses and he feels free to commit any crime while the athiest's ethical code remains untouched. Which code then is superior?
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 10:56:23 PM

So you now think that not believing in god is just as bad as lynching or beating, or mentally abusing black people? And you also think it is as bad as blowing up buildings full of people? Funny how both of these are religious people, maybe we should keep a register of you.

Without an omni-benevolent God, there is no reason for atheists to bother being good.

Well, when you look at it on a cosmic scale, it can seem that way. However, humans have a pack mentality. We have the desire to help others, because we know if everyone helps everyone, we can all live a better life with less work to get it.

I also think such a register would stop me "feeding Satan" by paying into their businesses.

You know, Hitler actually had a pretty good idea for this sort of thing. Once he rose to power, he posted on every single Jewish business "Germans! Defend yourselves! Do not buy from the Jews!" (Deutsche! Wehrt Euch! Kauft nicht bei Juden)

Was that what you were thinking of? Or were you just going to get you and the diminishing percentage of the religious zealot population to boycott people's businesses because they don't believe the same way you do?

What do you guys think?

I think your an idiot.

And Yes I know I broke Godwin's law, but you were asking for it.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 10:57:35 PM
At 1/21/2014 9:36:01 PM, DudeStop wrote:

What do you guys think?

I think you mean Edward Current.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:34:56 AM

What do you guys think?

Why would you convert to Atheism over The Bible? Even if Christianity is false, some grand mind, or God could still exist.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:39:13 AM
At 1/22/2014 10:56:23 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

So you now think that not believing in god is just as bad as lynching or beating, or mentally abusing black people? And you also think it is as bad as blowing up buildings full of people? Funny how both of these are religious people, maybe we should keep a register of you.

Well, when you look at it on a cosmic scale, it can seem that way. However, humans have a pack mentality. We have the desire to help others, because we know if everyone helps everyone, we can all live a better life with less work to get it.

I agree. It reminds me of the scene from a Beautiful Mind when he realized that that the best way to help yourself is the help the group. There were 5 girls, and he said if we are all selfish we will all go for the blond (the hottest one), but then we all get blocked out, and her friends give us the cold shoulder because they don't want to be second best. However, if all 4 us us go for the other 4 girls, and leave the blond alone; we all get laid!

The moral of the story is the best way to help yourself is to help others. So, theists have contradictory arguments some times. They say if there is no all-good God, why not just be completely selfish? Well, because that doesn't actually help you in the long run! If you want to actually help yourself, help others.

I also think such a register would stop me "feeding Satan" by paying into their businesses.

You know, Hitler actually had a pretty good idea for this sort of thing. Once he rose to power, he posted on every single Jewish business "Germans! Defend yourselves! Do not buy from the Jews!" (Deutsche! Wehrt Euch! Kauft nicht bei Juden)

Was that what you were thinking of? Or were you just going to get you and the diminishing percentage of the religious zealot population to boycott people's businesses because they don't believe the same way you do?

What do you guys think?

I think your an idiot.

And Yes I know I broke Godwin's law, but you were asking for it.
BChart2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 2:23:12 PM

What do you guys think?

Ha!
The Atheist/Agnostic population U.S. prisons is disproportionately low in comparison to the number in the country.
Besides, one of the main reasons people become Atheist is because other religions aren't moral enough.
BChart2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 2:23:51 PM
At 1/23/2014 2:23:12 PM, BChart2 wrote:

What do you guys think?

Ha!
The Atheist/Agnostic population U.S. prisons is disproportionately low in comparison to the number in the country.
Besides, one of the main reasons people become Atheist is because other religions aren't moral enough.

Worded that poorly.
Didn't mean to imply Atheism was a religion. Whoops.
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 5:22:42 PM

What do you guys think?

As soon as they make a creationist register.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Just-Your-Average-Atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 8:21:14 PM

What do you guys think?

To quote penn jillette "The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what"s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn"t have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine. I don't want to do that. Right now, without any god, I don't want to jump across this table and strangle you. I have no desire to strangle you. I have no desire to flip you over and rape you. You know what I mean?"
Hugs and horns,
J.Y.A.A.
Just-Your-Average-Atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 8:23:02 PM

What do you guys think?

You deserve a medal.
Hugs and horns,
J.Y.A.A.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 4:11:53 PM
There are registry's for those? I certainly wasn't aware. What is the purpose behind your "atheist registry"?

How do you figure?

Why don't you just ask at the cash register if the owner is atheist?

What do you guys think?
I think you may possibly be the next Hitler, and that you are coming up with ways to kill those who don't agree with you.
Step 1: Find out who they are.
You are well on the way.
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 7:49:49 PM

You know, when Hitler was in prison planning for holocaust he wrote that he thought he was following Gods wishes(the judeo-christian god.) So religion actually caused a genocide.

What do you guys think?
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 9:59:36 PM
At 1/22/2014 12:15:58 AM, phantom wrote:

What do you guys think?

When are you going to leave this site? I'm getting impatient.

I like him. Why so touchy?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 10:08:19 PM

What do you guys think?

I think that, before we made a register of people who have no specific directives, it would be preferable to create a register of people who have explicit instructions on who their religion says its okay to enslave, and who should be put to death.

Though I know U jest trollin
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!