Jump to topic:

Why do you disbelieve all other gods

theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 8:13:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Every theist seems to believe there God is the only one; so my question to theists is why do you dismiss all of the other millions of Gods people have worshipped over the ages.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 9:11:35 PM
At 1/22/2014 8:13:26 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
Every theist seems to believe there God is the only one; so my question to theists is why do you dismiss all of the other millions of Gods people have worshipped over the ages.

All Gods are false.........except for ones own.

The true believer can see the stories, the fables, the excuses, the weak arguments,the insufficient evidence, the religious indoctrination of the other guys God and scoff at such a thing.

Does the thought occur to them that maybe just maybe their God and their religion has the same flaws ?

HELL NAH !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 9:17:17 PM

Because being a monotheist is incompatible with being a polytheist?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 9:32:18 PM
At 1/22/2014 9:17:17 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

monotheist is incompatible with being a polytheist?

what I meant was why do you think all other gods are false and yours is the true one. Why don't you believe in say...zeus? Why do you believe all other gods are false gods.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 9:53:03 PM
At 1/22/2014 9:32:18 PM, theta_pinch wrote:

monotheist is incompatible with being a polytheist?

what I meant was why do you think all other gods are false and yours is the true one. Why don't you believe in say...zeus? Why do you believe all other gods are false gods.

Honestly, for me personally, logic leads me to my own understanding of god.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 1:00:13 PM

Everything you see are false gods. What's unseen is where our Creator exists.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 1:09:01 PM

I don't I believe every single being is an expansion of God, Eve other Gods are an expansion of God.

A bit like the atheist believes the first living thing was a self replicating molecule, Only I am a theist who believes that God was the first living thing and has no problem in self replicating other gods from Himself.

In this way every other God can exist.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 1:13:22 PM

Because being a monotheist is incompatible with being a polytheist?

So you're a monotheist who believes in the trinity which is actually one.

Nice. hmm
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 1:23:21 PM

Most of those other Gods are said to be made of matter, therefore they can't be the thing that caused the universe to exist according to the Bible. Also a lot of our observations show they are false, ie. there is no man sitting on the clouds throwing thunderbolts.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 1:28:28 PM
At 1/23/2014 1:23:21 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

Most of those other Gods are said to be made of matter, therefore they can't be the thing that caused the universe to exist according to the Bible. Also a lot of our observations show they are false, ie. there is no man sitting on the clouds throwing thunderbolts.

False gods are seen, whether they are seen as imaginary things called deities in a man's mind or objects in this world that we see. All these things are only illusions that come from our created existence as spoken vibrations from the mind of our Creator, who is the only true God that exists. We, as created invisible beings, will never see our invisible Creator. We can only believe in the things we see but we saints know our Creator within His mind because we were created as His Voice. Since we're made to speak for Him, we are His knowledge.