Jump to topic:

Crucifiction is cruci-FICTION

tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:34:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Does Bible prove Jesus was crucified or vice versa?
What is your "EVIDENCE" (not belief) for your answer?
This is red.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:52:27 PM
At 1/23/2014 7:34:34 PM, tahir.imanov wrote:
The biblical jebus is a 100% Historical MYTH!
eNo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 9:29:06 PM

Why would the leader of a religious movement be tried and killed... and his followers flee in fear???
"Scholarly opinion, even well informed scholarly opinion, is not evidence."
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 9:32:26 PM
At 1/23/2014 7:37:33 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
No, the Bible, in and of itself, does not prove anything.

Umm, yeah. the bible is evidence for the crufiction of Jesus
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 10:45:25 PM
Muslims are taught to be clones of a dead man's thinking so we can expect Muhammad's ideas about Christianity to be asked by the Muslim who has let his brain be taken over by a dead man's brain and thus acts the zombie for the dead man.

"Jesus wasn't crucified goes Muhammad's idea and is now posted by Muslim clones unable to think for themselves anymore. It's terrible to see minds voluntarily submitting themselves to brain lobotomy in order to join a religious fan club and not have to think anymore. Let an ancient dead man do your thinking for you. That's real smart.
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 11:32:21 PM
At 1/23/2014 10:45:25 PM, biomystic wrote:
Muslims are taught to be clones of a dead man's thinking so we can expect Muhammad's ideas about Christianity to be asked by the Muslim who has let his brain be taken over by a dead man's brain and thus acts the zombie for the dead man.

"Jesus wasn't crucified goes Muhammad's idea and is now posted by Muslim clones unable to think for themselves anymore. It's terrible to see minds voluntarily submitting themselves to brain lobotomy in order to join a religious fan club and not have to think anymore. Let an ancient dead man do your thinking for you. That's real smart.

Pretty much all modern beliefs, religious or not, could be classified as "ancient dead man thinking". Ranting about how Muslims tend to subscribe to aspects of Muhammad's world view means nothing, especially since Muslims aren't the only religious group to question Jesus's crucifixion/divinity.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 5:54:24 AM
Your post doesn't make sense. If you let the past dictate the present and future, you stay stuck in traditions and if anything, modern life is busy destroying traditions right and left.
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 6:20:23 PM
biomystic
Maybe God will not judge HPWKA because atleast searched for religions & ideas and he judge to understand the truth unlike you cant learn another ideas from his own thinking :D
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 10:02:57 PM
I'm not a seeker, Lazarus. I've found and so, no, I'm not looking for a religion to learn about. I'm here to share spiritual and historical information that God has given me to share with the world. For instance, your moniker, "Lazarus", do you know it's root derivation as another Greek translation of the Egyptian god Osiris?

Without knowing the roots of Abrahamic religious beliefs, iconic symbolism, and ritual language, you become victims of ancient men's lack of knowledge of their world that colors their beliefs and deforms them. God has moved on from the Abrahamic stable because the horses are old and lame and will eventually be put out of their misery and the misery they caused so many others. Truth overrides propaganda eventually and all things will be revealed.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 1:48:17 AM

The writings of Josephus of Flavius and Tacitus are probably the two strongest sources that give strong evidence that a preacher called Jesus was crucified under the reign of Tiberius Caeser in 70AD.
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 10:17:26 AM
At 1/23/2014 9:35:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
There's historical evidence as well as biblical evidence.

Bible is also evidence of Earth being flat.
Don't just cite the belief, show the evidence, so that we can examine it, to see if it is true, or false.
This is red.
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 10:25:21 AM
At 1/25/2014 1:48:17 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

The writings of Josephus of Flavius and Tacitus are probably the two strongest sources that give strong evidence that a preacher called Jesus was crucified under the reign of Tiberius Caeser in 70AD.

The question is "does the Bible prove" not some guy in history.
This is red.
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 10:28:52 AM

Dude, be little respectful. It is an act of stupidity to insult whole group, because someone questioned your believe.
And I don't judge you, at the end you are Christian, these type of actions are expected.
(Previous statement is not applied to all Christians, I just wanted to show to the stupid person, how it is easy to insult.)
This is red.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 10:45:02 AM
At 1/25/2014 1:48:17 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Jesus died in 70AD?! Most Christians would have said he died in 30-33AD, is this what you meant?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 11:43:31 AM
At 1/24/2014 10:02:57 PM, biomystic wrote:
I'm not a seeker, Lazarus. I've found and so, no, I'm not looking for a religion to learn about. I'm here to share spiritual and historical information that God has given me to share with the world. For instance, your moniker, "Lazarus", do you know it's root derivation as another Greek translation of the Egyptian god Osiris?

what the connection between the root of Lazarus and "God giving" you spiritual and historical information? in my language i have many many words that their roots going to pagan practices and traditions. so what? now im going to thorw my language because of that and learn new one? lol.

Without knowing the roots of Abrahamic religious beliefs, iconic symbolism, and ritual language, you become victims of ancient men's lack of knowledge of their world that colors their beliefs and deforms them.

you think you know something but you dont.

God has moved on from the Abrahamic stable because the horses are old and lame and will eventually be put out of their misery and the misery they caused so many others. Truth overrides propaganda eventually and all things will be revealed.

wtf you are trolling or trying to be clever?
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 12:33:20 PM
At 1/25/2014 10:17:26 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:

Don't just cite the belief, show the evidence, so that we can examine it, to see if it is true, or false.

No. The context when the Bible cites that the Earth is flat is that that was a belief of the people at the time. That's an example of the Bible being able to be used as historical evidence, because the Bible shows us that the people at the time believed the Earth was flat.

Now I'm not saying that the Bible is a reliable source, but it is a source for historicity.
Nolite Timere
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 1:05:33 PM
At 1/25/2014 12:33:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

No. The context when the Bible cites that the Earth is flat is that that was a belief of the people at the time. That's an example of the Bible being able to be used as historical evidence, because the Bible shows us that the people at the time believed the Earth was flat.

Now I'm not saying that the Bible is a reliable source, but it is a source for historicity.

No it is not. It calls the ruler of Egypt pharaoh, at the time of Joseph, but historically it was king.
This is red.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 1:07:09 PM
At 1/25/2014 1:05:33 PM, tahir.imanov wrote:
At 1/25/2014 12:33:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

No it is not. It calls the ruler of Egypt pharaoh, at the time of Joseph, but historically it was king.

What did I just say?

I'll tell you what I just said.

The Bible does indeed give some historical evidence, but is it not necessarily a reliable source for historical information.

After all, the Bible is a theological book, and not a book of history or science.
Nolite Timere
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 1:16:29 PM
After all, the Bible is a theological book, and not a book of history or science.

Therefor story about crucification is not reliable.
This is red.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 1:39:12 PM
At 1/25/2014 1:16:29 PM, tahir.imanov wrote:

You silly goose you
Nolite Timere
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 1:42:38 PM
At 1/25/2014 1:39:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

You silly goose you

Actually I can prove that Jesus was not crucified (to death) from Bible.
This is red.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 1:44:41 PM
At 1/25/2014 1:42:38 PM, tahir.imanov wrote:
At 1/25/2014 1:39:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

You silly goose you

Actually I can prove that Jesus was not crucified (to death) from Bible.

No you can't.
Nolite Timere
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 2:02:02 PM
At 1/25/2014 1:44:41 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
No you can't.

Yes, I can. With strong argument. And it is easy, all you have to do is to read the Bible.
This is red.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 2:32:26 PM
At 1/25/2014 2:02:02 PM, tahir.imanov wrote:
At 1/25/2014 1:44:41 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
No you can't.

Yes, I can. With strong argument. And it is easy, all you have to do is to read the Bible.

When I said "No you can't," I was challenging you to prove what you had said.
Nolite Timere
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 3:36:45 PM
First let's deal with theological argument:
Luke22:39-44 - Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." He withdrew about a stone"s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.
Mark14:34-35 - Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
John11:41-42 - So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."
Hebrews5:7 - During the days of Jesus" life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Simplifying argument:
God always hears Jesus.
Jesus prayed to God to be saved.
God heard him.
Therefor, God saved him from death.
Now, one can come and say God saved him by resurrecting from dead. And it is ridiculous, saving from death, means not allowing one to die. Check dictionary. It is a theological argument, and it is backed up with next argument.
By reading Bible you came to know that:
1. Jesus was on cross for few hours (because of Sabbath), and no one dies on the cross for that short time.
2. To speed up the process knees are broken, knees of two criminals were broken, but not the knees of Jesus.
3. By the time when Jesus was on cross, centurion was believer in him. "Surely this man was the Son of God!" - Mark15:39
4. Pilate did not want to kill Jesus.
5. When Jesus was stabbed while he was on cross, blood and water came out, and it shows sign of life, because when you die you don't bleed.
6. Right after that he was taken off the cross.
As you see there is no cause of death and everything points to Jesus being alive. Therefor there is no reason to assume Jesus died on the cross.
Combine both arguments, you get very strong argument.
This is red.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 3:57:21 PM
At 1/25/2014 3:36:45 PM, tahir.imanov wrote:
First let's deal with theological argument:
Luke22:39-44 - Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." He withdrew about a stone"s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.
Mark14:34-35 - Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
John11:41-42 - So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."
Hebrews5:7 - During the days of Jesus" life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Simplifying argument:
God always hears Jesus.
Jesus prayed to God to be saved.
God heard him.
Therefor, God saved him from death.
Now, one can come and say God saved him by resurrecting from dead. And it is ridiculous, saving from death, means not allowing one to die. Check dictionary. It is a theological argument, and it is backed up with next argument.
By reading Bible you came to know that:
1. Jesus was on cross for few hours (because of Sabbath), and no one dies on the cross for that short time.
2. To speed up the process knees are broken, knees of two criminals were broken, but not the knees of Jesus.
3. By the time when Jesus was on cross, centurion was believer in him. "Surely this man was the Son of God!" - Mark15:39
4. Pilate did not want to kill Jesus.
5. When Jesus was stabbed while he was on cross, blood and water came out, and it shows sign of life, because when you die you don't bleed.
6. Right after that he was taken off the cross.
As you see there is no cause of death and everything points to Jesus being alive. Therefor there is no reason to assume Jesus died on the cross.
Combine both arguments, you get very strong argument.

That sort of blows muhammad's fable of a surrogate out the door doesn't it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 4:51:52 PM
At 1/25/2014 10:28:52 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:

Dude, be little respectful. It is an act of stupidity to insult whole group, because someone questioned your believe.
And I don't judge you, at the end you are Christian, these type of actions are expected.
(Previous statement is not applied to all Christians, I just wanted to show to the stupid person, how it is easy to insult.)

I'm not a "Dude", fellow, show a little respect for your elders. And respect, btw, is not given but earned. Muhammad has not earned my or any Christian I know respect. His religion produces clones of himself, people like you who just become tape-recorders of Muhammad's ideas playing them back on command. Which is Muhammad's little list of what's wrong with Christianity starting with the crucifixion is a lie, Jesus can't be God, Jews were really Muslims, etc, all nonsense to us Jews whom your leader stole his religious ideas from. And like I point out the historical fact, Muhammad, like every Gentile stealing Jewish religion, didn't know what he was doing and only let his ego become the "Allah" for himself, much like we see bornagainofgod doing here on these threads. Oh, I don't doubt Muhammad's and bornagain's sincerity. God gives visions to many in times of spiritual transition, but they all can't be true and so God has given the spiritual authority to us Jews to hold and protect as Keepers of the Torah, but it must be the Celestial Torah now to reestablish the true Messianic Message to humankind. All other religious roads lead away from this central spiritual truth about God and Humanity.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 4:53:04 PM

It would all depend upon if the bible was valid.
Ashton