Tablet with ark instructions predates Noah

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:41:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.washingtontimes.com...-/

An ancient tablet has been recently deciphered and purportedly lists instructions for building an ark to endure a great flood.
The Mesopotamian tablet was determined to be 4,000 years old, pre-dating the Biblical story of Noah, The Blaze reported.
The tablet describes a huge vessel, two-thirds the size of a soccer field, with high walls and made with enough rope that "stretched out in a line would reach from London to Edinburgh."
It was put on display on Friday at the British Museum and is not the subject of a book called "The Ark Before Noah." The museum"s assistant keeper of the Middle East, Irving Finkel called the tablet "one of the most important human documents ever discovered."
Mr. Finkel received the tablet several years ago from a man who said his father had acquired it in the Middle East. Mr. Finkel wrote in a blog post that the tablet turned out to be "one in a million."
The tablet describes an ark very similar to Noah"s ark, and would carry two of each animal, the instructions specify a circular vessel, not the traditional rectangular ark.
"It was really a heart-stopping moment"the discovery that the boat was to be a round boat," Mr. Finkel told Fox News. "That was a real surprise."
He added that a circular boat would be a "perfect thing," because it never sinks and is light to carry.
However, Mr. Finkel said that the tablet does not provide evidence supporting the Biblical story of Noah"s ark and theorized that the story was likely passed down from Babylon.
"I"m sure the story of the flood and a boat to rescue life is a Babylonian invention," he told Fox News.
"I don"t think the ark existed"but a lot of people do. It doesn"t really matter. The Biblical version is a thing of itself and it has a vitality forever.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:54:03 PM
At 1/26/2014 5:41:33 PM, slo1 wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com...-/

An ancient tablet has been recently deciphered and purportedly lists instructions for building an ark to endure a great flood.
The Mesopotamian tablet was determined to be 4,000 years old, pre-dating the Biblical story of Noah, The Blaze reported.
The tablet describes a huge vessel, two-thirds the size of a soccer field, with high walls and made with enough rope that "stretched out in a line would reach from London to Edinburgh."
It was put on display on Friday at the British Museum and is not the subject of a book called "The Ark Before Noah." The museum"s assistant keeper of the Middle East, Irving Finkel called the tablet "one of the most important human documents ever discovered."
Mr. Finkel received the tablet several years ago from a man who said his father had acquired it in the Middle East. Mr. Finkel wrote in a blog post that the tablet turned out to be "one in a million."
The tablet describes an ark very similar to Noah"s ark, and would carry two of each animal, the instructions specify a circular vessel, not the traditional rectangular ark.
"It was really a heart-stopping moment"the discovery that the boat was to be a round boat," Mr. Finkel told Fox News. "That was a real surprise."
He added that a circular boat would be a "perfect thing," because it never sinks and is light to carry.
However, Mr. Finkel said that the tablet does not provide evidence supporting the Biblical story of Noah"s ark and theorized that the story was likely passed down from Babylon.
"I"m sure the story of the flood and a boat to rescue life is a Babylonian invention," he told Fox News.
"I don"t think the ark existed"but a lot of people do. It doesn"t really matter. The Biblical version is a thing of itself and it has a vitality forever.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Very interesting. I'll be busting out my research feelers soon.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 1:21:36 AM
Actually it's not mythology. Its a history book. The annunaki flooded the planet but Enki/satan was at war with them so he was kind enough to save the Earth and humans. If it weren't for Enki's love we wouldn't be here today. All hail Enki.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 2:24:48 AM
At 1/27/2014 1:21:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
Actually it's not mythology. Its a history book. The annunaki flooded the planet but Enki/satan was at war with them so he was kind enough to save the Earth and humans. If it weren't for Enki's love we wouldn't be here today. All hail Enki.

Do we really have a sitchinite? lol
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 4:08:26 AM
At 1/27/2014 2:24:48 AM, bulproof wrote:

I love modern day mythology and think its harmless and fun. 9/11 inside job, ancient aliens, science etc.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 4:27:59 AM
At 1/27/2014 4:08:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/27/2014 2:24:48 AM, bulproof wrote:

I love modern day mythology and think its harmless and fun. 9/11 inside job, ancient aliens, science etc.

Oh OK. That sounds fair.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:42:23 AM
I imagine most people don't know that the biblical stores appear to be two different stories that were merged together by the author. One uses Yahweh and the other Elohim for God. They also have conflicting info, such as raining 40 days or 150?

I wonder how this newly translated tablet fits in with the biblical stories other than having a completely round boat. I think the biblical version has the shape 6 times longer than wide.

Of course when your faith tells you that anything not officially in the bible is not the word of God then a round boat is just silly. Must have been an old man writing fiction. pshhhhhhh... round boat.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 11:05:16 AM
At 1/27/2014 10:42:23 AM, slo1 wrote:
I imagine most people don't know that the biblical stores appear to be two different stories that were merged together by the author. One uses Yahweh and the other Elohim for God. They also have conflicting info, such as raining 40 days or 150?

I wonder how this newly translated tablet fits in with the biblical stories other than having a completely round boat. I think the biblical version has the shape 6 times longer than wide.

Of course when your faith tells you that anything not officially in the bible is not the word of God then a round boat is just silly. Must have been an old man writing fiction. pshhhhhhh... round boat.

That's why it was clearly talking about an alien ship. Flying saucers are clearly saucer shaped.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 1:11:46 PM
At 1/27/2014 11:05:16 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/27/2014 10:42:23 AM, slo1 wrote:

That's why it was clearly talking about an alien ship. Flying saucers are clearly saucer shaped.

Round boats are also clearly round boated shaped. Why can't it just be a round boat? like the ones referenced in this article of it?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com...