BChart2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 6:26:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/26/2014 6:21:26 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Nope.

For as long as there is even a chance that God does exist, religion will exist.

Have to agree with this.
Unless the existence of a Deity is debunked, (Probably never going to happen. It's not exactly something that can be proven/disproven.) there will always be some religious people.
Sagey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:38:51 PM
The probability of the Existence of God is fast approaching Zero.
Neuro-Psychology is starting to discover where the God concept originated, likely from Temporal lobe Epilepsy, Schizophrenia or Schizotypal Personality Disorders.
In other words, God very likely arose from Hallucinations.
Though there is also the theory that God was invented by Tribal Elders and witchdoctors who wanted to make themselves appear wise and superior.

Essentially the latter is an egotistical appeal to asserting False Authority.
The Judaic tradition is a mixture of both Hallucination derived God, combined with appeals to False Authority (logical fallacy) by the likes of Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Solomon and Jesus.

This is the essence of religion and belief in God.
Neuroscience is gradually uncovering this ancient Deception of the human mind.
Belief in a Hallucinatory Characters and Appealing to that Character as False Authority through, those whose False ego driven assistance is supposedly required, to reach this False Authority (priests, ministers, pope) in order to achieve a fallacious afterlife in a fictitious Heaven.

Though, if anybody really thought about it rationally, less than 2% of humanity would pass the tests that are required for entrance to Heaven, so nobody would ever find their loved ones nor relatives there, they would be 98% better at finding them in the also fictitious Hell.
The people they would likely find in Heaven are those they would not associate with in their earthly lives.
That would be almost worse than the falsely hot alternative.
Falsely Hot, because we will not have the many organs that are needed to give the current illusion of pain.

Once this becomes general public knowledge, religion will be at it's end.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 10:39:40 PM
This "temporal lobe epileptic" who foams at the mouth and runs around hallucinating religious visions somehow manages to never get diagnosed as such, and never have seizures, never gets locked up in the hospital, and manages to organize huge economic development projects as well as delivering God's new Messages to humanity. The efforts of atheists to try to make spiritual consciousness mental illness is pathetic. And guess what atheists. You got to deal not only with my spiritual work that hundreds of Nazarean Christians bear witness to as proof of Divine Intervention in our times, more of that coming along soon, you got to deal with Pope Francis who's going to jump-start the dying RCC organization if he continues the way he's going. In other words, No real signs of Atheism crawling out of its perennial position as a tiny minority religious belief system.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 2:57:20 AM
At 1/26/2014 8:38:51 PM, Sagey wrote:

I don't see how. Big Bang cosmology gives strong indications of something causing the universe to come into being. This is something most people understand to be God.

Neuro-Psychology is starting to discover where the God concept originated, likely from Temporal lobe Epilepsy, Schizophrenia or Schizotypal Personality Disorders.

So what if the idea of God arises from mental disorders? Why doesn't that commit the genetic fallacy of disproving an idea based on where it came from?

Though there is also the theory that God was invented by Tribal Elders and witchdoctors who wanted to make themselves appear wise and superior.

More genetic fallacy.

I hate it when pseudo-intellectuals use big words to appear smart.

The Judaic tradition is a mixture of both Hallucination derived God, combined with appeals to False Authority (logical fallacy) by the likes of Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Solomon and Jesus.

Two forms of the genetic fallacy mixed together won't do much to hurt my faith I'm afraid :P

Even if it were this is an utterly fallacious argument against His existence.

I dunno, religiousness is increasing and atheism is decreasing despite public access to such information.
Sagey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 7:24:32 AM
At 1/28/2014 2:57:20 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/26/2014 8:38:51 PM, Sagey wrote:

I don't see how. Big Bang cosmology gives strong indications of something causing the universe to come into being. This is something most people understand to be God.

So what if the idea of God arises from mental disorders? Why doesn't that commit the genetic fallacy of disproving an idea based on where it came from?

More genetic fallacy.

I hate it when pseudo-intellectuals use big words to appear smart.

Two forms of the genetic fallacy mixed together won't do much to hurt my faith I'm afraid :P

Even if it were this is an utterly fallacious argument against His existence.

I dunno, religiousness is increasing and atheism is decreasing despite public access to such information.
Whether your consider it fallacious or not, has nothing to do with reality.
Reality does not care about human arguments nor does it care about fallacies.
Fact is you are so wrong, as the world is hurtling towards secularism, you are committing your own fallacies and social blindness in believing and asserting the reverse.
Churches are closing everywhere due to diminishing numbers and incomes.
Two here went up for action last week, almost nobody in our region is religious now, where 20 years ago it was a Christian community.
I know because I doorknock for Christian charities as they don't have enough Christians here to do the job and I support worthwhile charities, regardless of who runs them.
I'm continually getting knocked back and doors slammed in my face by Anti-theists who see my Christian badges,
So many in our community are not just Atheists, they have turned even further away from Christianity into Anti-Theists, or Christian haters.
I think the door knocking Jehovah Witnesses can be blamed for some of that.
Even the JWs are too scared to visit this region, haven't seen them for a year or two.
Even when the obituaries for people in my street appear in the paper.
Jehovah Wit;nesses are obituary Vultures, they swoop down onto people who have lost love ones, hoping their desperation will draw them to belief.
Every time somebody in the region had a parent die, they would be on their doorstep within a week. I've won bets on this, we don't see them for months and joe's father dies, bet him they would be on his doorstep within a week, they were there the day the obituary was published which was 2 days.
We have had quite a few deaths in the region the last year, but no Jehovah Witnesses visiting.
They too must be sick of the profanities shouted and door slamming that I have faced door knocking as a pretend Christian.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:19:34 AM
Hey! Hint! Don't go knocking on people's doors asking for money for ANY reason. I mean isn't it bad enough we can't stop the telemarketers invading our homes on government protection of phone advertising? People coming onto your property without invitation are trespassers and you or any sales people should be highly aware of your breach of propriety and legality by invading other peoples lives without invite.

Figure out better ways to solicit funds than home invasion.