is taliban a jewish teror group?

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 12:42:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.ynetnews.com...
lAre members of the Taliban, the radical Islamist terror organization in Afghanistan and Pakistan, in fact descendents of a lost Hebrew tribe which migrated to the region after being exiled 2,700 years ago?

Shanez Ali, a young Indian researcher, who is currently visiting Israel, is trying to answer that question.

Ali arrived in the Holy Land as a guest of Karl Skorecki, deputy head of the Rambam Medical Center in Haifa who also serves as manager of the Rappaport Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences within the Israel Institute of Technology .

Ali, an expert on genetic profiles of Mumbai populations, will attempt to tackle the question whether the main tribe comprising the Taliban includes descendents of the lost tribe of Ephraim.

Professor Skorecki, who is renowned for his groundbreaking work in the field of Jewish genetics, will be overseeing Ali's research.

Her study is expected to last anywhere between three months and a year and will be funded by a scholarship on behalf of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 1:35:55 PM
At 1/17/2010 12:56:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Already I didn't consider the Taliban muslims, but I suppose this gives me even more reason to believe so. ;)

here is why some do take them as muslims

http://frontpagemag.com...
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 1:45:59 PM
The Taliban may descend from Jews, but it doesn't make them Jewish. I descend from Catholics, but I'm an Atheist.

If you however mean the Jewish race, it's probable, but they should still be considered middle eastern.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 1:49:22 PM
At 1/17/2010 1:45:59 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
The Taliban may descend from Jews, but it doesn't make them Jewish. I descend from Catholics, but I'm an Atheist.

If you however mean the Jewish race, it's probable, but they should still be considered middle eastern.

Well actually, as you probably know, with Jews it's a bit different. They're an ethnic group along with a religion so you being descended from Catholics, but not being Catholic yourself is a completely different situation as there's no such thing as a Catholic ethnic group.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 1:51:43 PM
At 1/17/2010 1:49:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Well actually, as you probably know, with Jews it's a bit different. They're an ethnic group along with a religion so you being descended from Catholics, but not being Catholic yourself is a completely different situation as there's no such thing as a Catholic ethnic group.

I mentioned that, see the second paragraph. They may descend from Jews, but I'd still consider them Pakistani\ Afghani\ Middle Eastern\ Whatever
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 3:50:57 PM

Forgive me for being picky here.

Judaism is definitely a religion but Jewish people are not strictly speaking an ethnic group or a race, although being Jewish shares a lot of characteristics with these type of classifications, it is indeed "a bit different".

One distinction is that there is not really any such thing as 'half-Jewish" or part Jewish. You're either Jewish or you're not. It passes through the mother's bloodline only so it doesn't matter how Jewish you're dad is. For example my maternal grandfather was a (non-practising) Jew but in no way can I claim to be Jewish because my mother wasn't. Maybe Jewish enough for Hitler but not for the synogogue.

Also if you're not born Jewish you can take a kind of test to convert to Judaism, then you and your children (as long as they are born after your conversion) will be considered as Jewish people whatever your ethnic background. http://www.becomingjewish.org... http://www.becomingjewish.net... http://www.convertingtojudaism.com...

Jewish people today are mostly white but they can be Arabic, Asian or black too.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 5:13:52 PM
At 1/17/2010 3:50:57 PM, feverish wrote:

Forgive me for being picky here.

Judaism is definitely a religion but Jewish people are not strictly speaking an ethnic group or a race, although being Jewish shares a lot of characteristics with these type of classifications, it is indeed "a bit different".

One distinction is that there is not really any such thing as 'half-Jewish" or part Jewish. You're either Jewish or you're not. It passes through the mother's bloodline only so it doesn't matter how Jewish you're dad is. For example my maternal grandfather was a (non-practising) Jew but in no way can I claim to be Jewish because my mother wasn't. Maybe Jewish enough for Hitler but not for the synogogue.

Also if you're not born Jewish you can take a kind of test to convert to Judaism, then you and your children (as long as they are born after your conversion) will be considered as Jewish people whatever your ethnic background. http://www.becomingjewish.org... http://www.becomingjewish.net... http://www.convertingtojudaism.com...

Jewish people today are mostly white but they can be Arabic, Asian or black too.

yeah, but russian jews are usually ethnically/racially different (you can tell the difference) from other russians.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 5:40:16 PM
At 1/17/2010 5:13:52 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yeah, but russian jews are usually ethnically/racially different (you can tell the difference) from other russians.

Sure don't get me wrong, most Jews are not converts and do have a shared ethnic heritage, I was just pointing out some distinctions and being picky like I said.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 4:14:08 AM
At 1/17/2010 12:42:25 PM, banker wrote:
lAre members of the Taliban, the radical Islamist terror organization in Afghanistan and Pakistan, in fact descendents of a lost Hebrew tribe which migrated to the region after being exiled 2,700 years ago?

Shanez Ali, a young Indian researcher, who is currently visiting Israel, is trying to answer that question.

Ali arrived in the Holy Land as a guest of Karl Skorecki, deputy head of the Rambam Medical Center in Haifa who also serves as manager of the Rappaport Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences within the Israel Institute of Technology .

Ali, an expert on genetic profiles of Mumbai populations, will attempt to tackle the question whether the main tribe comprising the Taliban includes descendents of the lost tribe of Ephraim.

Professor Skorecki, who is renowned for his groundbreaking work in the field of Jewish genetics, will be overseeing Ali's research.

Her study is expected to last anywhere between three months and a year and will be funded by a scholarship on behalf of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

A thing, anything, is defined by its attributes, (a triangle is defined by its three sides etc) so a supposed long-lost 'Judaic tribe' that no longer has ANY Jewish attributes is NOT Jewish.
The Cross.. the Cross.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 8:16:47 AM
At 1/18/2010 4:14:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 1/17/2010 12:42:25 PM, banker wrote:

A thing, anything, is defined by its attributes, (a triangle is defined by its three sides etc) so a supposed long-lost 'Judaic tribe' that no longer has ANY Jewish attributes is NOT Jewish.

There are two ways of looking at the word "Jewish". One is religious, the other is ethnic. Theres a reason why Hitler was persecuting people based on looks. It didnt matter if you were a catholic jew, you wouldve still been gassed because you were an ethnic jew.