Jump to topic:

Unleashing God's truth .. 1 chapter at a time

dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:23:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Revelation 20 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven .. holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand .. and he laid hold of the dragon .. the serpent of old .. who is the devil and Satan .. and bound him for a thousand years

Man's Last Day in God's Court .. audio 1 hour http://www.gty.org...

When the tribulation days shall have run their course .. Christ shall come with his saints .. and having cast down all opposing powers .. will fling Satan into the bottomless pit for a thousand years .. during which time he .. with the saints .. shall rule over the earth .. at the end of the millenium Satan will be temporarily released .. but he and his quickly gathered followers will be cast into the final hell forever .. at that time also the unsaved dead of all the ages will be resurrected and after being judged according to their works will be given their portion in perdition . . . . v 4 & 6 Christ is seen in this chapter as the Judge and then .. as the millenial King .. those who are associated with him in this Kingdom are the Church and the tribulation saints .. those who are now being called unto Christ are therefore appointed .. not to be subjects of the Kingdom .. but co-rulers .. priests of God and of Christ .. and will have their specific work in connection with the work of his universal empire
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 12:41:55 PM
At 2/1/2014 10:23:32 AM, dadman wrote:
Revelation 20 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven .. holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand .. and he laid hold of the dragon .. the serpent of old .. who is the devil and Satan .. and bound him for a thousand years

Eddings 20 ... Then I saw Belgarath coming down from space .. holding the orb of Aldur in his hand .. and he laid hold of the dragon .. the lone she-beast ... who is simply mourning the loss of her race .. and he bound her to a peaceful rest, no more in sorrow.

* Fantasy references made in this post are NOT original to this user. They come from two great fantasy series, the Belgariad and the Malloreon, both written by David Eddings.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 12:48:20 PM
Be happy in your little world until the day that I come. For the day that I step unto this world, you shall forever know what true power is. The true power does not come from the brainwashing priests, nor does it come from steel and stone. True power comes from the masses. True power is being able to control as the priests and the soldiers have attempted to do. Know this: That when I (Waes du Ilyer Graesil Shu Aln de Alanai en Saeron meriae Florell shu Eller; Translation from Elvish: The Wanderer, Lord Grae of the House Aln, son of Alana and Seron, husband of Florell of the house Oak) step unto this puny mortal world, you shall truly know my name, and you shall fear me as you did your idols.

Do not attempt to kill me, for if the world from which I come from fails, as it shall without me, then the powers of Magic and Ether shall travel once more across the universe, and should one reach this world, you shall not last a day in your illusion of peace.

-All Fantasy references made in THIS post are original works by this user. Please do not steal any characters or plot points, as Grae is by far my favorite antagonist I have ever created.
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 3:15:20 PM
well .. until "Grae" raises someone from the dead and/or raises from the dead himself .. just another opinion blowing in the wind
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 3:56:08 PM
I'd bet the bank (then borrow from another one to bet) that dadman has never read a word of post-exilic Jewish apocalyptic literature. I'm 100% sure of it. That's why he hasn't got a clue when it comes to apocalyptic literature in the Bible.

He believes every word of what these professional guessers spoon-feed him, and it's actually kinda sad: robbed of his Christian hope, robbed of some of the best proofs of Biblical accuracy, and robbed of a decent understanding of the past and future - all because of guesses and speculations on Revelation.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:09:15 PM
At 2/1/2014 3:15:20 PM, dadman wrote:
well .. until "Grae" raises someone from the dead and/or raises from the dead himself .. just another opinion blowing in the wind

Well..... I did raise myself from the dead twice. (I used an enchanted amulet created by five special smiths whose title translates roughly to 'lifesmith') The third time I died and came back, I actually had no idea I would be brought back, someone planted the life amulet on me the third time.

I also raised Jace, the 52nd King of Ashes (AKA the Ashking) from the dead by creating a rift between the mortal world and the fire elemental world by sacrificing a phoenix, which travels back and forth between that world as it is reborn. That was also the second time I had to revive myself. (I fell from the phoenix to my death)

-All fantasy references in this post are original to this user, and not created for the purpose of this site.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:30:37 PM
Does that count? Because I have faith that I raised myself from the dead.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:40:46 AM
Revelation 19 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. And I saw heaven opened .. and behold .. a white horse .. and he who sat on it is called faithful and true .. and in righteousness he judges and wages war

The Glorious Return of Jesus Christ .. recorded Aug 28 1994 .. audio 1 hour http://www.gty.org...

During those days when the wrath of God is poured out upon the earth .. the Bride of Christ will in heaven celebrate the long looked for marriage festivities .. and arrayed in her cleansed garments shall be eternally united with him who is to be recognized in all the universe .. and for all time .. as King of Kings and Lord of Lords .. when he comes forth to make an end of all evil .. his bride shall come with him .. associated in judgment .. and later to rule with him . . . . v 11-16 we have here a vision of the departure from heaven of Christ with his saints (previously caught up to be with him .. 1 Thes 4:13-18 .. and with his angels preparatory to the catastrophe in which all world powers shall be smitten Dan 2:34-35 .. on Christ"s head here we see many crowns "diadems" (cf 14:14) for the hour is now at hand when he is to be exalted and enthroned in his kingdom .. to "sit upon the throne of his father David"
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:51:31 AM
At 2/1/2014 3:56:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd bet the bank (then borrow from another one to bet) that dadman has never read a word of post-exilic Jewish apocalyptic literature. I'm 100% sure of it. That's why he hasn't got a clue when it comes to apocalyptic literature in the Bible.

He believes every word of what these professional guessers spoon-feed him, and it's actually kinda sad: robbed of his Christian hope, robbed of some of the best proofs of Biblical accuracy, and robbed of a decent understanding of the past and future - all because of guesses and speculations on Revelation.

The religious Jews had no idea who our Creator was. Only the Jewish prophets and saints knew Him.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:06:21 PM
Yay, this has become a baseless claim forum, so I will continue along this path. I would say I derailed the conversation, but I think it started this way,

I am the Elf-lord Graesil shu Aln (significant shortening of full name). I will now recant all of my deeds.

I outwitted my master and escaped my magical bounds.

I earned true love from a member of the race Naturis.

I slayed the Summoner-prince Calet.

I was chosen by the Band of the King, and used it for the second time ever to assemble the elves under one banner.

I made peace between the houses of Aln and Nao.

I reunited the broken tribes, and gained their respect.

I defeated a golden serpent in the nation of Kagush.

I fought side-to-side with Kai, the man of the east.

I fought against the man of the east, and lasted for a minute, making me earn the rank of one of the best warriors alive.

I placed a child not born of Diometrix to the throne of the west.

I allied the groups that had been oppressed in the Western kingdom.

I died thrice and came back.

I quelled the anger of the Ashking, and revived him after he died facing the Ice Lord.

I gave my life up the third time to preserve order after the alliance of my rebelling forces, and the king that I had placed onto the throne.

I joined the heroes guild, where I used the power of my voice to help end the threat of Lance.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:21:57 PM
At 2/1/2014 10:23:32 AM, dadman wrote:

Man's Last Day in God's Court .. audio 1 hour http://www.gty.org...

When the tribulation days shall have run their course .. Christ shall come with his saints .. and having cast down all opposing powers .. will fling Satan into the bottomless pit for a thousand years .. during which time he .. with the saints .. shall rule over the earth .. at the end of the millenium Satan will be temporarily released .. but he and his quickly gathered followers will be cast into the final hell forever .. at that time also the unsaved dead of all the ages will be resurrected and after being judged according to their works will be given their portion in perdition . . . . v 4 & 6 Christ is seen in this chapter as the Judge and then .. as the millenial King .. those who are associated with him in this Kingdom are the Church and the tribulation saints .. those who are now being called unto Christ are therefore appointed .. not to be subjects of the Kingdom .. but co-rulers .. priests of God and of Christ .. and will have their specific work in connection with the work of his universal empire

So far all you have quoted are the biased words of some men that fabricated their brand of propaganda!

As far as showing even a single word literally came from or via a literal Supernatural being remains a constant zero!

Next!
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:52:06 PM
beats listening to your bilge ...... sheeeze !!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 7:12:17 AM
At 2/2/2014 10:52:06 PM, dadman wrote:
beats listening to your bilge ...... sheeeze !!
Which is your impotent way of saying " Yes Composer my Saviour, you are unambiguously correct whilst I am in total error and can't sustain my claims so I dadman make inept comments about others that I dadman can't legitimately sustain nor justify either! ".

Next!
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 9:02:19 AM
Revelation 18:2 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. and he cried out with a mighty voice .. saying . . . fallen .. fallen is Babylon the great .. she has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every cunclean spirit .. and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird

The Final Economic Collapse .. recorded Oct 25 1998 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

As there is to be an ecclesiastical Babylon ("confusion") heading up in the great tribulation period .. so there is also a great political Babylon .. the pride of the great men of the earth .. which shall likewise come to a terrible and an everlasting end .. when Christ shall return in glory .. this great system .. back of which is anti-Christ .. will bitterly hate any who would glorify any god but materialism and the beast and will be guilty of the blood of many prophets and saints who have stood true to the ever-lasting Gospel
. ..... next :P
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 6:22:13 PM
At 2/3/2014 9:02:19 AM, dadman wrote:
Revelation 18:2 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. and he cried out with a mighty voice .. saying . . . fallen .. fallen is Babylon the great .. she has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every cunclean spirit .. and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird

The Final Economic Collapse .. recorded Oct 25 1998 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

As there is to be an ecclesiastical Babylon ("confusion") heading up in the great tribulation period .. so there is also a great political Babylon .. the pride of the great men of the earth .. which shall likewise come to a terrible and an everlasting end .. when Christ shall return in glory .. this great system .. back of which is anti-Christ .. will bitterly hate any who would glorify any god but materialism and the beast and will be guilty of the blood of many prophets and saints who have stood true to the ever-lasting Gospel
. ..... next :P
More of your empty human devised propaganda!

LMAO at YOU!
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 9:08:43 AM
Revelation 15 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. then I (John) saw another sign in heaven .. great and marvelous .. seven angels who had seven plagues .. which are the last .. because in them the wrath of God is finished

The Final Wrath of God .. recorded Jan 16 1994 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

In the hours when the unexampled wrath of God is being poured out upon the earth there will be a faithful redeemed company .. who in spite of all their sufferings for Christ"s sake .. will be enabled to join in the great chorus exalting Jehovah their Deliverer and the Lamb .. their Saviour . . . . v 3 "King of saints" is literally "King of ages .. or nations" .. Jesus is never represented as King of the saints .. or the Church .. but as their Lord .. the relationship of the Church saints in the present age is a nearer relationship than that of subjects of a King .. he is the bridegroom .. these tribulation saints .. however .. will be related to him as subjects and they exalt him as "King of Nations"
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 12:06:15 AM
At 2/6/2014 9:08:43 AM, dadman wrote:
Revelation 15 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. then I (John) saw another sign in heaven .. great and marvelous .. seven angels who had seven plagues .. which are the last .. because in them the wrath of God is finished

The Final Wrath of God .. recorded Jan 16 1994 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

In the hours when the unexampled wrath of God is being poured out upon the earth there will be a faithful redeemed company .. who in spite of all their sufferings for Christ"s sake .. will be enabled to join in the great chorus exalting Jehovah their Deliverer and the Lamb .. their Saviour . . . . v 3 "King of saints" is literally "King of ages .. or nations" .. Jesus is never represented as King of the saints .. or the Church .. but as their Lord .. the relationship of the Church saints in the present age is a nearer relationship than that of subjects of a King .. he is the bridegroom .. these tribulation saints .. however .. will be related to him as subjects and they exalt him as "King of Nations"

Just one question. Where is your evidence for Jesus? I mean this partially as Jesus as the son of god, but also just as a man. Where is your evidence that he ever existed? I have never seen any. The only evidence seems to be people saying 'probably'. I mean, if he came, did all this stuff, (and a bunch of stuff that wasn't magical, but were newsworthy), then why did no one think to write about it? This wasn't an illiterate society. There were many people who could have recorded it.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 9:19:41 AM
Where is your evidence that he (Jesus) ever existed? .

Blah blah blah blah !!
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 9:20:25 AM
Revelation 14 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. And I (John) saw another angel flying in midheaven .. having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth .. and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people .. and he said with a loud voice . . . . fear God .. and give him glory .. because the hour of his judgment has come

Angelic Messengers .. recorded Nov 28 1993 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

There shall be preserved during the great tribulation period a great company out of Israel .. who will follow the lamb and give glory to him at whatever cost .. there will be also a multitude of Gentiles redeemed by their acceptance of the everlasting Gospel .. but at the cost of martyrdom .. woe to those who worship the beast and receive his mark .. for they shall be tormented in hell forever . . . . v 14-15 he who bears the golden crown is none other than the Lord Jesus .. who will a short time after this be found wearing the crown of universal sovereignty Rev 19:12 .. at the close of the great tribulation he will thrust in the sickle to cut down the earth"s harvest of evil (this will be at Armageddon) which will then have come to its culmination .. see Mk 4:29
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 9:37:33 AM
At 2/7/2014 9:19:41 AM, dadman wrote:
Where is your evidence that he (Jesus) ever existed? .

Blah blah blah blah !!

Wow. This person has no thought that he might have to defend his beliefs instead of just pushing them on other people.

How can you justify to yourself that you can just impose your way of thinking without first arguing whether it is right? Were you raised to just dismiss this claim because you can't answer it?
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 9:40:35 AM
The day you ask a ligitimate question will be the day I'll THINK of answering you . . . maybe
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 9:51:45 AM
At 2/7/2014 9:40:35 AM, dadman wrote:
The day you ask a ligitimate question will be the day I'll THINK of answering you . . . maybe

You aren't bright enough to answer any question, legit or not. You've yet to really dig in and answer one. I asked you several questions regarding Matt 24. You never answered a one.

Lordgrae called it correctly: "This person has no thought that he might have to defend his beliefs instead of just pushing them on other people."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 3:49:36 PM
when did Jesus return to the Earth .. and where does he reside at this time
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:07:35 AM
At 2/7/2014 3:49:36 PM, dadman wrote:
when did Jesus return to the Earth .
Well the magician DYNAMO has appeared doing similar party tricks as jebus so jebus has apparently morphed or reincarnated as DYNAMO!

. and where does he reside at this time
In irrational mindsets like yours!
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 11:33:19 AM
Revelation 14 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. If anyone worships the beast and his image .. and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand .. he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God .. which is mixed in full strength in the cup of his anger .. and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the lamb

Doom for Worshipers of the Beast .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

There shall be preserved during the great tribulation period a great company out of Israel .. who will follow the lamb and give glory to him at whatever cost .. there will be also a multitude of Gentiles redeemed by their acceptance of the everlasting Gospel .. but at the cost of martyrdom .. woe to those who worship the beast and receive his mark .. for they shall be tormented in hell forever . . . . v 14-15 he who bears the golden crown is none other than the Lord Jesus .. who will a short time after this be found wearing the crown of universal sovereignty Rev 19:12 .. at the close of the great tribulation he will thrust in the sickle to cut down the earth"s harvest of evil (this will be at Armageddon) which will then have come to its culmination .. see Mk 4:29
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 5:48:23 PM
Revelation 13 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth .. and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon

The Coming World Ruler .. recorded Mar 25 1979 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

In the midst of the Tribulation period there shall rise up two great world leaders .. one a political leader inspired by Satan himself .. the other religious leader to deceive the people with strong delusions and either lead them or force them to worship the anti-christ as the long expected world-ruler .. these two Satanic deceivers shall prevail upon all except those who risk all to boldly acknowledge their belief in the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world . . . . v 8 salvation in the great tribulation is still based on the blood of Jesus Christ .. those who are then saved .. however .. must boldly confess their faith before a world of hostile witnesses .. which will mean nothing short of martyrdom .. except to those few sealed in Israel .. may God help every reader of these words to make sure their calling and election while the days of grace are still lasting
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 8:26:43 PM
when did Jesus return to the Earth .. and where does he reside at this time

Nobody said He has literally returned to the earth - and nobody, including the Bible, says that He will every literally set foot on this earth again. He resides in heaven at the right hand of the Father.

Now you can explain how things which were to "shortly come to pass" because "the time is at hand" (Rev 1: 1-3) have never yet occurred. Quite a few OT prophesies were qualified by "soon" ... "shortly come to pass" ... "in a short while" ... "in a little season." These prophesies, as far as I know, were all fulfilled within one hundred years - usually much less. Can you find us an example of a such a prophesy that was not fulfilled for two thousand years? One thousand? Five hundred?

Now I know better than to ask that, but I did anyway.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 8:45:42 PM
At 2/11/2014 5:48:23 PM, dadman wrote:
Revelation 13 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth .. and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon

The Coming World Ruler .. recorded Mar 25 1979 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

In the midst of the Tribulation period there shall rise up two great world leaders .. one a political leader inspired by Satan himself .. the other religious leader to deceive the people with strong delusions and either lead them or force them to worship the anti-christ as the long expected world-ruler .. these two Satanic deceivers shall prevail upon all except those who risk all to boldly acknowledge their belief in the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world . . . . v 8 salvation in the great tribulation is still based on the blood of Jesus Christ .. those who are then saved .. however .. must boldly confess their faith before a world of hostile witnesses .. which will mean nothing short of martyrdom .. except to those few sealed in Israel .. may God help every reader of these words to make sure their calling and election while the days of grace are still lasting

https://www.youtube.com...
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:27:41 PM
Revelation 12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth .. he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child .. but the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman .. so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place

The War of the Ages .. recorded Jun 27 1993 .. http://www.gty.org... .. audio 1 hour

Israel out of which came the Messiah who was rejected .. will in the midst of the great tribulation suffer terrible anguish because of him .. and will be subjected to terrors of Satan himself .. who will then be unrestrained and knowing that he has but a short time .. however .. those whom God shall seal of Israel will be brought through those terrible days .. though many will suffer martyrdom .. but they will then die willingly for him .. acknowledging him their King .. their sacrifice and their Lord . . . . v 9-10 In the midst of the great tribulation .. Satan will be cast out of the heavenlies and will be free in the earth .. this will be a happy time for those who are in heaven by the blood of the lamb .. but a time of terrible trial for Israel and eternal woe for the Gentiles who submit to the mark of the beast .. the only salvation in those days will be bold confession of faith in the blood of the lamb .. which will mean martyrdom to all except those sealed for physical preservation
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:29:20 PM
dadman: " when did Jesus return to the Earth .. and where does he reside at this time

Anna: Nobody said He has literally returned to the earth - and nobody, including the Bible, says that He will every literally set foot on this earth again. He resides in heaven at the right hand of the Father.

Now you can explain how things which were to "shortly come to pass" because "the time is at hand" (Rev 1: 1-3) have never yet occurred. Quite a few OT prophesies were qualified by "soon" ... "shortly come to pass" ... "in a short while" ... "in a little season." These prophesies, as far as I know, were all fulfilled within one hundred years - usually much less. Can you find us an example of a such a prophesy that was not fulfilled for two thousand years? One thousand? Five hundred?

Now I know better than to ask that, but I did anyway.

I knew better than to ask that