Jump to topic:

What Makes the Bible God's Word?

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 3:32:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've always been confused as to why exactly some Christians think the Bible is such an accurate source for theological, scientific, and historical information when half of it was written centuries before Jesus and the other half was written decades after Jesus.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 8:14:24 PM
At 2/1/2014 3:32:16 PM, Romanii wrote:
I've always been confused as to why exactly some Christians think the Bible is such an accurate source for theological, scientific, and historical information when half of it was written centuries before Jesus and the other half was written decades after Jesus.

The Bible isn't the source of anything. Our Creator created everything as vibrations called energy and then illusions are formed by processing this energy according to God's plans. The written words you see in the Bible is NOT God's invisible language which is invisible vibrations. These words were written by illusions of flesh called saints and prophets but flesh called antichrists were used by our Creator to add religious ideas from God's plan called the beast to confuse His created men during this age. Only His created servant learns who we are within His mind.

I'm His created servant so you have to ask me about what happened in the past or the future if you want. I can also tell you about the strong delusion we're in right now.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 8:24:18 PM
At 2/1/2014 8:14:24 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The Bible isn't the source of anything. Our Creator created everything as vibrations called energy and then illusions are formed by processing this energy according to God's plans.

That is actually starting to be confirmed by science. The latest developments in String Theory are beginning to suggest that the Universe is merely a hologram of sorts.

The written words you see in the Bible is NOT God's invisible language which is invisible vibrations. These words were written by illusions of flesh called saints and prophets but flesh called antichrists were used by our Creator to add religious ideas from God's plan called the beast to confuse His created men during this age. Only His created servant learns who we are within His mind.

I'm His created servant so you have to ask me about what happened in the past or the future if you want. I can also tell you about the strong delusion we're in right now.

Not sure what to think of all that other stuff, but it seems that we agree that God's Word comes in forms other than scripture.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 8:48:48 PM
At 2/1/2014 8:24:18 PM, Romanii wrote:

The Bible isn't the source of anything. Our Creator created everything as vibrations called energy and then illusions are formed by processing this energy according to God's plans.

That is actually starting to be confirmed by science. The latest developments in String Theory are beginning to suggest that the Universe is merely a hologram of sorts.

The written words you see in the Bible is NOT God's invisible language which is invisible vibrations. These words were written by illusions of flesh called saints and prophets but flesh called antichrists were used by our Creator to add religious ideas from God's plan called the beast to confuse His created men during this age. Only His created servant learns who we are within His mind.

Not sure what to think of all that other stuff, but it seems that we agree that God's Word comes in forms other than scripture.

The Word of God is invisible vibrations that are processed into illusions. This is why God had man build computer technology illusions to help us understand who we are.

A computer programmer ( illusion ) takes invisible information with the mind of our Creator ( we think it's the programmer's mind ) and arranges 0's and 1's ( illusions ) in a binary code ( illusions ) to be processed through a computer processor ( illusion ) to make illusions on a monitor ( also an illusion ).

Our brain ( illusion ) is the processor of vibrations ( God's invisible language ) and this causes our bodies ( illusions ) to appear to be talking, moving, seeing, tasting, smelling, touching and feeling emotionally.

There are an infinite amount and sizes of vibrations ( God's language, or spoken Word ) that can make these illusions so perfectly that we created people believe we are real. Our true existence then, are God's vibrations where all His thoughts are contained. He truly dreamed up His creation and made us believe in it.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 9:26:57 PM
ALL Supernatural gods are the product of human invention based upon some human(s) devised conjecture!
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 9:35:17 PM
At 2/1/2014 9:26:57 PM, Composer wrote:
ALL Supernatural gods are the product of human invention based upon some human(s) devised conjecture!

That's GREAT!
Thank you SO much for your useless contribution!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 9:57:59 PM

You don't understand science or religion. You're a complete idiot.
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 8:09:17 AM
At 2/1/2014 9:57:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Romanii you are a complete idiot :D
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw
CynicalDiogenes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:08:33 AM

The Bible's old testament is similar for Jews, Christians and Muslims.It was written 1000's of years ago, and is comparable to the Vedas in Age.

It is an accurate source of God's word due to many reasons.The most important one being that God himself told the Jews his own name.

Compared to Hindu Vedantists, Buddhists, and taoists, who came to understand the nature of God as pure existence on their own, The Jewish nation heard this from the Mouth of God himself.

See the Kuzari Principle to understand why the Jewish God YHWH is true.

http://www.debate.org...

see Moralityprofessor's arguments on this one.
Seat of Wisdom, pray for us who turn to you!

Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.-St.Thomas Aquinas
All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.~ St.Francis of Assisi
CynicalDiogenes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:11:49 AM
At 2/2/2014 8:09:17 AM, LAZARUS77 wrote:

kfc

and you are very wise....:)

Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.-St.Thomas Aquinas
All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.~ St.Francis of Assisi
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:17:06 AM

Not all of the Bible was written that long after or before Jesus. There's good reason to think the source for the gospel of Mark came from letters written around 40A.D. I think the New Testament is a pretty good guide to the life of Jesus.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:23:26 AM
At 2/2/2014 10:17:06 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Not all of the Bible was written that long after or before Jesus. There's good reason to think the source for the gospel of Mark came from letters written around 40A.D. I think the New Testament is a pretty good guide to the life of Jesus.

And I think that cookie monster is cool. We must both be right
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:35:45 AM
At 2/2/2014 10:08:33 AM, CynicalDiogenes wrote:

The Bible's old testament is similar for Jews, Christians and Muslims.It was written 1000's of years ago, and is comparable to the Vedas in Age.

It is an accurate source of God's word due to many reasons.The most important one being that God himself told the Jews his own name.

Compared to Hindu Vedantists, Buddhists, and taoists, who came to understand the nature of God as pure existence on their own, The Jewish nation heard this from the Mouth of God himself.

My name is Ken. Actually it's not. The point is people can make up a name.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
CynicalDiogenes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:01:05 AM
At 2/2/2014 10:35:45 AM, theta_pinch wrote:

?What is that supposed to mean? and how is your name relevant to this discussion?

theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:28:58 AM
At 2/2/2014 11:01:05 AM, CynicalDiogenes wrote:

?What is that supposed to mean? and how is your name relevant to this discussion?

You said one of the main reasons the bible is gods word is because god told the jews his name. I was pointing out that YHWH could have just been made up.

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:37:21 AM

God's people read the written commandments of God but they don't obey them because they have no idea who He is. Only God's servants knew Him while using flesh called prophets and saints. God's people can only hear or read our testimonies and believe us.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:41:00 AM
At 2/2/2014 11:28:58 AM, theta_pinch wrote:

You said one of the main reasons the bible is gods word is because god told the jews his name. I was pointing out that YHWH could have just been made up.

Our Creator has been called many names but us saints and prophets don't need a name because we know Him within His mind. All He needs to do is speak to us within His mind and we know who He is. God's people don't get this privilege during this first age.
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:48:22 AM
At 2/2/2014 11:41:00 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Our Creator has been called many names but us saints and prophets don't need a name because we know Him within His mind. All He needs to do is speak to us within His mind and we know who He is. God's people don't get this privilege during this first age.

I totally knew you were going to start proselytizing.

Niel deGrasse Tyson
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:50:11 AM
At 2/2/2014 11:48:22 AM, theta_pinch wrote:

I don't proselytize like Christians do to get you into their religion. I speak for our Creator about who we are within His mind. Christians have no idea who they are.
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 12:01:57 PM
At 2/2/2014 11:50:11 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't proselytize like Christians do to get you into their religion. I speak for our Creator about who we are within His mind. Christians have no idea who they are.

Okay then I knew you were going to start preaching about God's true message.

Niel deGrasse Tyson
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 12:17:52 PM
At 2/2/2014 12:01:57 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:50:11 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Okay then I knew you were going to start preaching about God's true message.

That's awesome!!!!!
CynicalDiogenes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 12:33:09 PM

Romanii and I have been having PM conversations that you are not aware of, so I guess it would be really random for you.I am sorry.....

Firstly,YHWH means 'I am' in hebrew, showing that God is Existence himself.The Hindus have a name for God called Parabrahma, or the supreme Brahman, but they describe him as pure essence of existence, or 'pure being', and they figured this out through introspection and meditation.

The Jews did not have this understanding that the Kingdom of God is within them and that it is an experience,until Christ appeared 4000+ years after this name was given to them, so it is amazing that they would come up with this name for God.

Secondly 'I am' is a really stupid name to give anyone, especially a God.'I am who 'I am' is something I used to laugh at when I was a kid, as it made no sense then.

Most ancient cultures gave awesome names like Zeus, Amun Ra, Mazda etc to describe their Gods.Jews without even knowing this nature of God could not have come up with this name for him unless he told it to them himself.

If they knew that the kingdom was within them, they would not still wait for an actual Kingdom on earth, but would turn their piety inwards and introspect.

"Be still and Know that 'I am' God" (Yahweh YHWH)-Torah
".....
Who can wait quietly while the mud settles?
Who can remain still until the moment of action?
Observers of the Tao....."

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 1:56:50 PM
At 2/2/2014 8:09:17 AM, LAZARUS77 wrote:

I didn't write that, you piece of sh*t
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 2:32:51 PM
At 2/2/2014 2:19:44 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/1/2014 6:55:21 PM, Romanii wrote:
Bump!
I want an answer!

Um, it says "Holy" on the front, dude. The clue's in the title.

That doesn't mean anything.
Anyone can stick the word "holy" onto a title.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 5:40:38 AM

I'm curious as to why you would think that this theory is any more plausible than Genesis Creationism? This is just one of a number of theories attempting to explain our existence. It's a fringe theory that's not really addressed in conventional science because conventional science (as taught in the classroom) doesn't directly address issues like how the universe ultimately came into existence....what existed before an alleged big bang. The fact is, science doesn't answer that question. The string theory is one of the attempts at answering that question from a naturalistic viewpoint.

What other forms are you thinking of?
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 6:04:46 AM
The issue of time-frame reference is not nearly as much of an issue as people make it out to be considering the ability the Jews had, and have to this day in memorizing scripture. We're talking about a people that consist of those who put pieces of paper with written scripture on their eyelids.

The idea of the Bible not being accurate is based on the old campfire game notion where one person whispers a story in one person's ear, who whispers into the next person's ear, ending with the last person getting a completely different story than the original. It's the idea that because language change, biases influence, etc., the Bible cannot have averted change. However, there's absolutely no proof of this. It's just skepticism. And that's what most of the arguments against the authenticity of the Bible consist of.

There was a very strong criteria involved in choosing the canons of the Bible. The writers were extremely meticulous about detail, at times writing things over again until they got it right. And they were very specific about which writings should be chosen for the canons. They had to be written by authentic prophets for the Old Testament, and authentic apostles for the New Testament (or someone closely associated with them). There were disagreements, like whether or not the Book Of Revelation should have been included, but there's no reason to suggest that everything had to have gone smoothly.

From what I understand, you believe that we are a product of an intelligent designer. What would be more difficult for a creator to do? Guiding men into developing the exact message He wishes to convey to mankind, or creating a universe?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 6:13:39 AM
At 2/3/2014 6:04:46 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:
The idea of the Bible not being accurate is based on the old campfire game notion where one person whispers a story in one person's ear, who whispers into the next person's ear,

No it's not.

It's based on all of the errors and contradictions and fantasies contained within.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin