Ex STRONG atheist ?!!!

Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 4:02:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi guys,

Please watch this video and tell your opinion in the comments, this young man has left atheism for Islam, and he's saying why he did...

https://www.youtube.com...
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 4:47:55 PM
At 2/1/2014 4:02:22 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Hi guys,

Please watch this video and tell your opinion in the comments,

But how? The comments are disabled.
dvande28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 6:43:12 PM
Problems I found

1. The "atheists have no morals argument" is not used by atheists, leading me to believe he was never an atheist to begin with. Atheists do not claim that they have no criteria for what is right or wrong, or that they do whatever they want because they are not accountable to some higher power.

2. He states that if God exists "that means I have a Creator, that means right and wrong exist, heaven and hell exist, that means I am accountable for my actions and that I have a purpose". As an atheist myself, I would argue each of those points except the first one, which is another reason I doubt that he was ever an atheist.

3. Did I just watch 13 minutes of this just to find out the first cause argument "convinced" this guy to convert to Islam? Apparently while he was an atheist he never heard of special pleading or god of the gaps.

Basically chances are this guy was never an atheist and is saying he was to try to prove a point. And that was 22 minutes I will never get back.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 8:03:10 PM
At 2/1/2014 4:47:55 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/1/2014 4:02:22 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Hi guys,

Please watch this video and tell your opinion in the comments,

But how? The comments are disabled.

I meant comment here of course.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 3:48:04 PM
I am under the impression that he was an atheist, but not an active atheist. There are many different kinds of atheists, and I think he was not an anti-theist or had studied atheist literature, thoughts, or arguments. I have come to believe that he was an apathetic. Merely, someone who was an atheist, but was only an atheist, because they did not care about the question of whether there was a god or not.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved