Total Posts:228|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Empirical Evidence for God?

Romanii
Posts: 4,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 10:31:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I exist, have a driver's license and social security number and utility bills to prove it. And I work for God. Working for God motivates my life and because God is a Spirit and without hands God directs my life to work for God's Plan. If you want to try to measure God for a suit of clothes, good luck with that one, but if you are intelligent and not prone to the atheist drivel of attempting to measure God for a suit and see that it is through people working for God that God's Presence in our world is seen. Of course, a great many claim to be working for God so it comes back to intelligence in discernment of these claimants and their claims. For instance right here we have two prophet claimants, bornagain and myself. One is a false prophet and one is the real deal. It always works that way.

Anyway, if you follow my work for God you will see empirical evidence of God because I have built up an accumulation of spiritual events that consistently show a Great Spirit in operation through my works which are in line with a spiritual movement traceable back 35,000 years.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Dogknox
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 11:57:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Pure bullhockey. They contain hundreds of contradictions like for starters, the Jewish expectation of a Davidic Messiah and rejecting the New Testament Jesus Christ as Messiah.

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Utter lie! Israeli archeologist Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman have proven to this former anthropology major that no, the Bible is not accurate history at all as it the Jewish myths of origin fabricated by peoples living in Canaan/Palestine only since 700 B.C. I'm tired of Christian fundies lying about Bible history in order to pretend the Bible is real history when it never was. Which is why no one finds archeological evidence for the big Bible events, like the Exodus, or Solomon's Temple.

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

They sure do but you've got to factor in the reality that God is God of the Living, not the dead, so that there comes a time when old revelation fails and God sends in the New Revelation. This has occurred in our times. Celestial Torah Christianity now exists as the recovered lost heavenly Torah that the earthly Torah was supposed to be based upon but wasn't.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Dogknox

Celestial Torah Christianity is the world's oldest identifiable religious belief system with symbolic language traceable back 35,000 years! These are the End Times for all Abrahamic religions as now there's no need for their doctrines based on ignorance of the whole Pattern, each ethnic religious pack horse group believing itself to be the Final Revelation but never understanding God is God of the Living, not the dead.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 12:21:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 11:57:33 PM, biomystic wrote:


Celestial Torah Christianity is the world's oldest identifiable religious belief system with symbolic language traceable back 35,000 years!

Show us.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 6:47:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 12:21:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/3/2014 11:57:33 PM, biomystic wrote:


Celestial Torah Christianity is the world's oldest identifiable religious belief system with symbolic language traceable back 35,000 years!

Show us.

[URL=http://s145.photobucket.com...][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com...[/IMG][/URL]

Along with the Willendorf type Venuses, this Ariel or Lion-Man is dated to 35,000 years ago. A Lion-Man is also the Sphinx of Egypt. It is an astrological creature created from the opposing Fixed Signs of Leo (Lion) and Aquarius (Man). It represents the spiritual/temporal tension found in the Messiah who must exhibit both the strength and power of a Ruler yet have the wisdom and compassion of a Humanitarian Man, the Man with the Living Waters to give for the benefit of all Humanity. The Jewish earthly Torah expectation of another David type of Messiah represents their wanting a Warrior King yet they got Jesus Christ, the Sage King whose kingdom isn't even of this earth because it's spiritual. Ezekiel's famous Chariot of God is another astro-theological creature composed of the Four Fixed Signs of the Zodiac, Leo, Aquarius, Taurus, and Scorpio. Lion-Man-Bull-Eagle. Once you know the Aquariana Key to the Celestial Torah you can trace the Messiah ideology back 35,000 years and easily back 4000 years to the Sumerian-Babylonian-Egyptian Enki-Enlil/Anubis gods bas reliefs connecting the Aquarius Living Waters bearer's role in the Messiah incarnation.
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 6:58:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Dogknox

I hope you're trolling, if your not please crawl into a hole and die...
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 7:04:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, sure.
I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

I'm guessing you'll be disappointed then.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 7:21:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.


Okay, do you want empirical arguments or empirical evidence?
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 7:23:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 7:04:51 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, sure.

Too right bro.

The other day two people supposedly won the lottery in my town, but I didn't believe it because it's an extraordinary claim and only one news station reported on them.
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 7:39:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 7:23:12 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:04:51 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, sure.

Too right bro.

The other day two people supposedly won the lottery in my town, but I didn't believe it because it's an extraordinary claim and only one news station reported on them.

The News analogy would count as evidence. So for your analogy to work, you need to provide some evidence of god.

News Station= Reasonable evidence...
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 7:43:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 7:39:33 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:23:12 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:04:51 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, sure.

Too right bro.

The other day two people supposedly won the lottery in my town, but I didn't believe it because it's an extraordinary claim and only one news station reported on them.

The News analogy would count as evidence. So for your analogy to work, you need to provide some evidence of god.

News Station= Reasonable evidence...

Yes but it's not extraordinary evidence, so it doesn't count for me.
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 8:03:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 7:43:27 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:39:33 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:23:12 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:04:51 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, sure.

Too right bro.

The other day two people supposedly won the lottery in my town, but I didn't believe it because it's an extraordinary claim and only one news station reported on them.

The News analogy would count as evidence. So for your analogy to work, you need to provide some evidence of god.

News Station= Reasonable evidence...

Yes but it's not extraordinary evidence, so it doesn't count for me.

Ok then. Provide a petty piece of evidence if you don't count that as extraordinary.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 8:06:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 8:03:49 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:43:27 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:39:33 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:23:12 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/4/2014 7:04:51 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, sure.

Too right bro.

The other day two people supposedly won the lottery in my town, but I didn't believe it because it's an extraordinary claim and only one news station reported on them.

The News analogy would count as evidence. So for your analogy to work, you need to provide some evidence of god.

News Station= Reasonable evidence...

Yes but it's not extraordinary evidence, so it doesn't count for me.

Ok then. Provide a petty piece of evidence if you don't count that as extraordinary.

A petty piece of evidence is hearing one news report about something happening to someone. They could have lied just too get on tv. You see this is where the whole etraodrinary evidence slogan breaks down.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 9:17:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 6:58:52 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Dogknox

I hope you're trolling, if your not please crawl into a hole and die...

DudeStop Nope.. I am Christian.. I believe in God!!!
Just as you have your own BELIEFS!!! You BELIEVE there is NO God. You have FAITH there s NO god!!
You cannot prove why you BELIEVE what you BELIEVE!!!
You cannot prove there is NO god!!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 9:27:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 11:57:33 PM, biomystic wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Pure bullhockey. They contain hundreds of contradictions like for starters, the Jewish expectation of a Davidic Messiah and rejecting the New Testament Jesus Christ as Messiah.

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Utter lie! Israeli archeologist Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman have proven to this former anthropology major that no, the Bible is not accurate history at all as it the Jewish myths of origin fabricated by peoples living in Canaan/Palestine only since 700 B.C. I'm tired of Christian fundies lying about Bible history in order to pretend the Bible is real history when it never was. Which is why no one finds archeological evidence for the big Bible events, like the Exodus, or Solomon's Temple.

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

They sure do but you've got to factor in the reality that God is God of the Living, not the dead, so that there comes a time when old revelation fails and God sends in the New Revelation. This has occurred in our times. Celestial Torah Christianity now exists as the recovered lost heavenly Torah that the earthly Torah was supposed to be based upon but wasn't.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Dogknox

Celestial Torah Christianity is the world's oldest identifiable religious belief system with symbolic language traceable back 35,000 years! These are the End Times for all Abrahamic religions as now there's no need for their doctrines based on ignorance of the whole Pattern, each ethnic religious pack horse group believing itself to be the Final Revelation but never understanding God is God of the Living, not the dead.

Your words.. Pure bullhockey. They contain hundreds of contradictions like for starters, the Jewish expectation of a Davidic Messiah and rejecting the New Testament Jesus Christ as Messiah.

I reply: So says you!! Not contradictions... Only misinterpretations!!

Your words.. Utter lie! Israeli archeologist Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman have proven to this former anthropology major that no, the Bible is not accurate history at all as it the Jewish myths of origin fabricated by peoples living in Canaan/Palestine only since 700 B.C. I'm tired of Christian fundies lying about Bible history in order to pretend the Bible is real history when it never was. Which is why no one finds archeological evidence for the big Bible events, like the Exodus, or Solomon's Temple.

I reply: Again so you say.. I never said the scriptures are the ONLY tool for the archaeologist!!!
From the scriptures they dug up "Jericho" this century using the bible they found this city!!

Miracles
Your words.. They sure do but you've got to factor in the reality that God is God of the Living, not the dead, so that there comes a time when old revelation fails and God sends in the New Revelation. This has occurred in our times. Celestial Torah Christianity now exists as the recovered lost heavenly Torah that the earthly Torah was supposed to be based upon but wasn't.
I reply " Pure bull hockey" PROVE your words!!!!
Until you do I have to address you as "Whack-oh"!
Whack whack whack ooooooh!!!!
theta_pinch
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 1:07:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Actually there are many contradictions: http://www.philvaz.com...

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!

Try 18%; only 18% is historically accurate.
http://atheism.about.com...
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Argument ad Populum; it doesn't prove God exists; it proves lots of people believe(d) in him.

Dogknox
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 1:29:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 1:07:15 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Actually there are many contradictions: http://www.philvaz.com...

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!


Try 18%; only 18% is historically accurate.
http://atheism.about.com...
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Argument ad Populum; it doesn't prove God exists; it proves lots of people believe(d) in him.

Dogknox
No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

I reply: Check out the Miracles in "Lourdes France" whole limbs have grown back! YOU CAN'T..

theta_pinch you can't take my word for it.. You have to do your own homework!!
theta_pinch
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 1:40:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 1:29:24 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:07:15 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Actually there are many contradictions: http://www.philvaz.com...

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!


Try 18%; only 18% is historically accurate.
http://atheism.about.com...
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Argument ad Populum; it doesn't prove God exists; it proves lots of people believe(d) in him.

Dogknox
No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

I reply: Check out the Miracles in "Lourdes France" whole limbs have grown back! YOU CAN'T..

theta_pinch you can't take my word for it.. You have to do your own homework!!

Well for one I couldn't find any source for it other than blogs (so it's probably an urban legend.) Two if it did happen it didn't violate the laws of physics (salamanders regrow limbs all the time) and if it did happen you'd think there would be more than blogs reporting it.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 3:35:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 1:40:34 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:29:24 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:07:15 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Actually there are many contradictions: http://www.philvaz.com...

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!


Try 18%; only 18% is historically accurate.
http://atheism.about.com...
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Argument ad Populum; it doesn't prove God exists; it proves lots of people believe(d) in him.

Dogknox
No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

I reply: Check out the Miracles in "Lourdes France" whole limbs have grown back! YOU CAN'T..

theta_pinch you can't take my word for it.. You have to do your own homework!!

Well for one I couldn't find any source for it other than blogs (so it's probably an urban legend.) Two if it did happen it didn't violate the laws of physics (salamanders regrow limbs all the time) and if it did happen you'd think there would be more than blogs reporting it.

Try Google "Lourdes"
theta_pinch
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 3:40:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 3:35:35 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:40:34 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:29:24 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:07:15 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Actually there are many contradictions: http://www.philvaz.com...

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!


Try 18%; only 18% is historically accurate.
http://atheism.about.com...
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Argument ad Populum; it doesn't prove God exists; it proves lots of people believe(d) in him.

Dogknox
No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

I reply: Check out the Miracles in "Lourdes France" whole limbs have grown back! YOU CAN'T..

theta_pinch you can't take my word for it.. You have to do your own homework!!

Well for one I couldn't find any source for it other than blogs (so it's probably an urban legend.) Two if it did happen it didn't violate the laws of physics (salamanders regrow limbs all the time) and if it did happen you'd think there would be more than blogs reporting it.

Try Google "Lourdes"

I did that and I got blogs that talked about and some that call it an urban legend.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:18:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 3:40:50 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/4/2014 3:35:35 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:40:34 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:29:24 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:07:15 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Actually there are many contradictions: http://www.philvaz.com...

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!


Try 18%; only 18% is historically accurate.
http://atheism.about.com...
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Argument ad Populum; it doesn't prove God exists; it proves lots of people believe(d) in him.

Dogknox
No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

I reply: Check out the Miracles in "Lourdes France" whole limbs have grown back! YOU CAN'T..

theta_pinch you can't take my word for it.. You have to do your own homework!!

Well for one I couldn't find any source for it other than blogs (so it's probably an urban legend.) Two if it did happen it didn't violate the laws of physics (salamanders regrow limbs all the time) and if it did happen you'd think there would be more than blogs reporting it.

Try Google "Lourdes"

I did that and I got blogs that talked about and some that call it an urban legend.

Okay try this one.. "Miracle of the Sun"!
Google it... Then maybe click on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:31:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, if the world is a hologram, then everything reduces to immaterial information:

"I seem real enough, don't I? Well, yes. But surprising clues are emerging that everything that you and I, and even space itself may actually be a kind of hologram. Everything we see and experience, everything we call our 3D reality, may be a projection of information that is stored on a thin, distant, 2D surface." - Brian Greene

Famous physicist John Wheeler had this to say:

"It from Bit symbolizes the idea that every item of the physical world has at bottom an immaterial source and explanation... that all things physical are information-theoretic in origin and that this is a participatory universe." - John Archibald Wheeler

Now, is this true? Well, it is. As Susskind points out:

"If the horizon of de Sitter space is similar to the horizon of a black hole - and mathematically it is; mathematically they are almost identical - then that must mean that everything that is on the inside of the universe must be describable as a hologram, or a kind of 'film' on the surface way out there on the horizon of de Sitter space." - Leonard Susskind

So, everything is really immaterial information, "bits" and what not. However, information is knowledge by definition. Thus, the universe is just a projected illusion stemming from a grand mind.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:34:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, a self-collapsing wave-function is itself a conscious experience. As consciousness is self-observing, and observations collapse wave-functions. Thus, a self-collapsing wave-function is a conscious experience (to say otherwise would be to appeal to Dualism). However, the universe has a wave-function. What collapsed it? Well, it couldn't be another physical system, as any causally connected physical system would share that wave-function. Thus, it must have been self-collapsing. Thus, the beginning of the universe actually was a conscious experience. This is also known as The Big Wow.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:38:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 4:34:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Also, a self-collapsing wave-function is itself a conscious experience. As consciousness is self-observing, and observations collapse wave-functions. Thus, a self-collapsing wave-function is a conscious experience (to say otherwise would be to appeal to Dualism). However, the universe has a wave-function. What collapsed it? Well, it couldn't be another physical system, as any causally connected physical system would share that wave-function. Thus, it must have been self-collapsing. Thus, the beginning of the universe actually was a conscious experience. This is also known as The Big Wow.

I reply: It is thus proven.. "God created the universe!!"
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:39:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 4:38:21 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 4:34:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Also, a self-collapsing wave-function is itself a conscious experience. As consciousness is self-observing, and observations collapse wave-functions. Thus, a self-collapsing wave-function is a conscious experience (to say otherwise would be to appeal to Dualism). However, the universe has a wave-function. What collapsed it? Well, it couldn't be another physical system, as any causally connected physical system would share that wave-function. Thus, it must have been self-collapsing. Thus, the beginning of the universe actually was a conscious experience. This is also known as The Big Wow.

I reply: It is thus proven.. "God created the universe!!"

Well, God had an experience, and the beginning of the universe was it. I suppose this is a different way of looking at creation.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:42:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 4:39:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 2/4/2014 4:38:21 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 4:34:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Also, a self-collapsing wave-function is itself a conscious experience. As consciousness is self-observing, and observations collapse wave-functions. Thus, a self-collapsing wave-function is a conscious experience (to say otherwise would be to appeal to Dualism). However, the universe has a wave-function. What collapsed it? Well, it couldn't be another physical system, as any causally connected physical system would share that wave-function. Thus, it must have been self-collapsing. Thus, the beginning of the universe actually was a conscious experience. This is also known as The Big Wow.

I reply: It is thus proven.. "God created the universe!!"

Well, God had an experience, and the beginning of the universe was it. I suppose this is a different way of looking at creation.

Yes: Creation had to START!!! Way back when... yes but still it had to have a beginning!
theta_pinch
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:47:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 4:18:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 3:40:50 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/4/2014 3:35:35 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:40:34 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:29:24 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/4/2014 1:07:15 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/2/2014 11:21:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/2/2014 10:02:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Give your best empirical arguments for the existence of God.

I've honestly never heard any good ones.

I will play devil's advocate and hope for my own defeat :)

Scriptures are a good evidence, they do not contradict, they have been written by many people still keeping the story on track no contradictions!!

Actually there are many contradictions: http://www.philvaz.com...

Scriptures are also used by the Archaeologists and they have been proven to be fairly accurate!


Try 18%; only 18% is historically accurate.
http://atheism.about.com...
Scriptures are NOT a fable!

Miracles have happened in every century.. Miracles point to God!!

No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

History.. every single generation of man have always believed in a God or gods! All the way back to caveman! The world cannot be so wrong to trust in a God or gods!

Argument ad Populum; it doesn't prove God exists; it proves lots of people believe(d) in him.

Dogknox
No they haven't. Not a single verified miracle has occurred that violates the laws of physics.

I reply: Check out the Miracles in "Lourdes France" whole limbs have grown back! YOU CAN'T..

theta_pinch you can't take my word for it.. You have to do your own homework!!

Well for one I couldn't find any source for it other than blogs (so it's probably an urban legend.) Two if it did happen it didn't violate the laws of physics (salamanders regrow limbs all the time) and if it did happen you'd think there would be more than blogs reporting it.

Try Google "Lourdes"

I did that and I got blogs that talked about and some that call it an urban legend.

Okay try this one.. "Miracle of the Sun"!
Google it... Then maybe click on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

"Not surprisingly, perhaps, Sun Miracles have been reported at other Marian sites"at Lubbock, Texas, in 1989; Mother Cabrini Shrine near Denver, Colorado, in 1992; Conyers, Georgia, in the early to mid-1990s; the dancing effects witnessed at F"tima may have been due to optical effects resulting from temporary retinal distortion caused by staring at such an intense light.[23]"--Joe Nickell; literary investigator and paranormal investigator

Auguste Meessen, following the work done before him by the Belgian skeptic Marc Hallet,[24] has stated sun miracles cannot be taken at face value and that the reported observations were optical effects caused by prolonged staring at the sun. Meessen contends that retinal after-images produced after brief periods of sun gazing are a likely cause of the observed dancing effects. Similarly Meessen states that the color changes witnessed were most likely caused by the bleaching of photosensitive retinal cells.[25] Meessen observes that Sun Miracles have been witnessed in many places where religiously charged pilgrims have been encouraged to stare at the sun. He cites the apparitions at Heroldsbach, Germany (1949) as an example, where many people within a crowd of over 10,000 testified to witnessing similar observations as at F"tima.[25] Meessen also cites a British Journal of Ophthalmology article that discusses some modern examples of Sun Miracles.

Steuart Campbell, writing for the an edition of Journal of Meteorology in 1989, postulated that a cloud of stratospheric dust changed the appearance of the sun on 13 October, making it easy to look at, and causing it to appear to be yellow, blue, and violet, and to spin. In support of his hypothesis, Mr. Campbell reported that a blue and reddened sun was reported in China as documented in 1983.


Joe Nickell, a skeptic and investigator of paranormal phenomena, claimed that the position of the phenomenon, as described by the various witnesses, is at the wrong azimuth and elevation to have been the sun.[32] He suggested the cause may have been a sundog. Sometimes referred to as a parhelion or "mock sun", a sundog is a relatively common atmospheric optical phenomenon associated with the reflection / refraction of sunlight by the numerous small ice crystals that make up cirrus clouds or cirrostratus clouds.

Paul Simons, in an article entitled "Weather Secrets of Miracle at F"tima", stated that he believes that it is possible that some of the optical effects at F"tima may have been caused by a cloud of dust from the Sahara.


Doesn't seem to miraculous anymore does it?
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
theta_pinch
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:50:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 4:34:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Also, a self-collapsing wave-function is itself a conscious experience. As consciousness is self-observing, and observations collapse wave-functions. Thus, a self-collapsing wave-function is a conscious experience (to say otherwise would be to appeal to Dualism). However, the universe has a wave-function. What collapsed it? Well, it couldn't be another physical system, as any causally connected physical system would share that wave-function. Thus, it must have been self-collapsing. Thus, the beginning of the universe actually was a conscious experience. This is also known as The Big Wow.

There's also the possibility of the many worlds interpretation which would negate the conclusion that the universe was a conscious experience. Also the universes wave function hasn't collapsed; the double slit experiment is proof of that.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:55:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/4/2014 4:50:01 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 2/4/2014 4:34:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Also, a self-collapsing wave-function is itself a conscious experience. As consciousness is self-observing, and observations collapse wave-functions. Thus, a self-collapsing wave-function is a conscious experience (to say otherwise would be to appeal to Dualism). However, the universe has a wave-function. What collapsed it? Well, it couldn't be another physical system, as any causally connected physical system would share that wave-function. Thus, it must have been self-collapsing. Thus, the beginning of the universe actually was a conscious experience. This is also known as The Big Wow.

There's also the possibility of the many worlds interpretation which would negate the conclusion that the universe was a conscious experience. Also the universes wave function hasn't collapsed; the double slit experiment is proof of that.

You are confusing the universal wave-function, with the wave-functions inside of it. Regardless, collapse is relative to the observer. Also, no, the many-worlds interpretation cannot be true, as that entails naive realism. Zeilinger and his team debunked naive realism in 2012:

"(Naive Realism) veridical experiential episodes have mind-independent objects and features as constituents." [http://intl-analysis.oxfordjournals.org...]

**Quantum Erasure With Causally Disconnected Choice**

By physicists: Xiao-song Ma, Johannes Kofler, Angie Qarry, Nuray Tetik, Thomas Scheidl, Rupert Ursin, Sven Ramelow, Thomas Herbst, Lothar Ratschbacher, Alessandro Fedrizzi, Thomas Jennewein, Anton Zeilinger

"No naive realistic picture is compatible with our results because whether a quantum could be seen as showing particle- or wave-like behavior would depend on a causally disconnected choice. It is therefore suggestive to abandon such pictures altogether." [http://arxiv.org...]

So, science vindicates the orthadox interpretation of Quantum Mechanics.