Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

This video may change your life

kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 8:44:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's a lovely thought, but it didn't change mine I already knew it. It won't change the life of a bigot because they are a bigot.

But nice try.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:36:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well made, interesting to watch. I fail to see whose opinion it will change though.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:51:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

WOW, I CAN STRAWMAN TOO, ALL ATHEISTS SUPPORT COMMUNISM

STEREOTYPING SURE IS FUN
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 5:08:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sigh. I'm not stereotyping, and neither is the video. The video is showing what it is like to be homosexual, by instead having the roles be reversed and having heterosexuals be the minority. I just hope people think before they tell a nonstraight person that they are sinful or that they are destined for hell.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 6:53:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:51:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

WOW, I CAN STRAWMAN TOO, ALL ATHEISTS SUPPORT COMMUNISM

STEREOTYPING SURE IS FUN

Called it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
eNo
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 7:46:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

Powerful stuff.... thanks for posting!
"Scholarly opinion, even well informed scholarly opinion, is not evidence."
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 7:57:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

All anti-gays much watch this...
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 8:23:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 6:53:46 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:51:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

WOW, I CAN STRAWMAN TOO, ALL ATHEISTS SUPPORT COMMUNISM

STEREOTYPING SURE IS FUN

Called it.

You sure did lol =D
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 8:40:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Homosexuality is a behavior, not something like being black or left handed. If you choose to act a certain way and you know everyone's going to make fun of you for it, well, in a way you chose to be treated that way. I'm not saying that the bullies are justified, because they're not, but you could end your suffering by ceasing that certain behavior or at least keeping it a private matter.
At the same time, I do agree that homosexual people should not be bullied or mistreated. However, how conservative Christians typically view homosexuals doesn't fit the criteria of bullying.
Telling somebody their behavior is sinful isn't bullying, provided you don't shove them against the wall or start insulting them or threatening them. For instance, if you call them a "f*g" then you've crossed the line. If you simply tell them God dislikes homosexuality and you don't do it in a mean way, that's not bullying. Call it whatever but it's not bullying.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 8:57:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 5:08:17 PM, kbub wrote:
Sigh. I'm not stereotyping, and neither is the video. The video is showing what it is like to be homosexual, by instead having the roles be reversed and having heterosexuals be the minority. I just hope people think before they tell a nonstraight person that they are sinful or that they are destined for hell.

I greatly respect your seeming intent for posting this. No one should be condemned to Hell, no matter their "transgression." In fact, I don't believe in Hell - or Heaven, either. It breaks one's heart to see such a video, which is why it was made in the first place. It is highly philosophically-charged, even if the intentions are good. This is a drop in the bucket of an argument which has gone-on for centuries, and will go-on for centuries longer. Personally I don't like to see anybody hurt. I would love the world to embrace in one gigantic hug of comfort. But people will never see eye-to-eye on certain issues, no matter how right or wrong they may be. The best that could happen would be for everyone to focus on their own lives and consciously choose not to judge the lives of others. It was brave of you to bring the problem to the fore.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:01:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Contrary to what you may think, most conservative Christians do not wish to bully homosexuals. We do not believe their unions should be considered marriage, and we believe their behavior is sinful. We say their behavior isn't natural, and we believe it. But it is not our desire to push them into a corner and threaten them. It is not our desire to make their lives a living nightmare.
People often misconceive what the conservative agenda on this matter is. Preventing gay unions from being considered marriage is not synonymous to bullying and threatening their lives. The last conservative lynchings of blacks was about 50 years ago, at least for the most part, and homosexuals never suffered what the blacks suffered, the only exception being Hitler's concentration camps. Outside of Nazi Germany, they were never turned into slaves and forced to work on plantations for 15 hours a day. They were never put in cages and considered apes or subhumans, except maybe in Nazi Germany.
Accepting their lifestyle as normal is not the same as defending their basic fundamental rights, and denying that their lifestyle is normal is not the same as threatening their basic fundamental rights.
If you're going to advocate homosexuality, at least don't compare it to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The two things are different and unrelated.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:04:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 8:57:59 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 2/5/2014 5:08:17 PM, kbub wrote:
Sigh. I'm not stereotyping, and neither is the video. The video is showing what it is like to be homosexual, by instead having the roles be reversed and having heterosexuals be the minority. I just hope people think before they tell a nonstraight person that they are sinful or that they are destined for hell.

I greatly respect your seeming intent for posting this. No one should be condemned to Hell, no matter their "transgression." In fact, I don't believe in Hell - or Heaven, either. It breaks one's heart to see such a video, which is why it was made in the first place. It is highly philosophically-charged, even if the intentions are good. This is a drop in the bucket of an argument which has gone-on for centuries, and will go-on for centuries longer. Personally I don't like to see anybody hurt. I would love the world to embrace in one gigantic hug of comfort. But people will never see eye-to-eye on certain issues, no matter how right or wrong they may be. The best that could happen would be for everyone to focus on their own lives and consciously choose not to judge the lives of others. It was brave of you to bring the problem to the fore.

What was brave about it? About 90% of society is supporting the gay people's "right to marry." It's the 10% that doesn't who are branded bigots and hate mongers. I am aware of several people on this site who are gay, and I never called any of them "f*gs."
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:11:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:01:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Contrary to what you may think, most conservative Christians do not wish to bully homosexuals. We do not believe their unions should be considered marriage, and we believe their behavior is sinful. We say their behavior isn't natural, and we believe it. But it is not our desire to push them into a corner and threaten them. It is not our desire to make their lives a living nightmare.
People often misconceive what the conservative agenda on this matter is. Preventing gay unions from being considered marriage is not synonymous to bullying and threatening their lives. The last conservative lynchings of blacks was about 50 years ago, at least for the most part, and homosexuals never suffered what the blacks suffered, the only exception being Hitler's concentration camps. Outside of Nazi Germany, they were never turned into slaves and forced to work on plantations for 15 hours a day. They were never put in cages and considered apes or subhumans, except maybe in Nazi Germany.
Accepting their lifestyle as normal is not the same as defending their basic fundamental rights, and denying that their lifestyle is normal is not the same as threatening their basic fundamental rights.
If you're going to advocate homosexuality, at least don't compare it to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The two things are different and unrelated.

I don't suppose you've ever had a family member consider suicide for being non-straight.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:12:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:04:31 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/5/2014 8:57:59 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 2/5/2014 5:08:17 PM, kbub wrote:
Sigh. I'm not stereotyping, and neither is the video. The video is showing what it is like to be homosexual, by instead having the roles be reversed and having heterosexuals be the minority. I just hope people think before they tell a nonstraight person that they are sinful or that they are destined for hell.

I greatly respect your seeming intent for posting this. No one should be condemned to Hell, no matter their "transgression." In fact, I don't believe in Hell - or Heaven, either. It breaks one's heart to see such a video, which is why it was made in the first place. It is highly philosophically-charged, even if the intentions are good. This is a drop in the bucket of an argument which has gone-on for centuries, and will go-on for centuries longer. Personally I don't like to see anybody hurt. I would love the world to embrace in one gigantic hug of comfort. But people will never see eye-to-eye on certain issues, no matter how right or wrong they may be. The best that could happen would be for everyone to focus on their own lives and consciously choose not to judge the lives of others. It was brave of you to bring the problem to the fore.

What was brave about it? About 90% of society is supporting the gay people's "right to marry." It's the 10% that doesn't who are branded bigots and hate mongers. I am aware of several people on this site who are gay, and I never called any of them "f*gs."

What's brave about it is not what it says, but that kbub is taking a very public stand. There seems to be way too little of that on DDO and similar sites, where the members display a certain penchant for hiding behind the comfort of their online anonymity.
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:21:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

I'm in support of both hetero and gay marriage by the way.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:45:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:01:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Contrary to what you may think, most conservative Christians do not wish to bully homosexuals. We do not believe their unions should be considered marriage, and we believe their behavior is sinful. We say their behavior isn't natural, and we believe it. But it is not our desire to push them into a corner and threaten them. It is not our desire to make their lives a living nightmare.
People often misconceive what the conservative agenda on this matter is. Preventing gay unions from being considered marriage is not synonymous to bullying and threatening their lives. The last conservative lynchings of blacks was about 50 years ago, at least for the most part, and homosexuals never suffered what the blacks suffered, the only exception being Hitler's concentration camps. Outside of Nazi Germany, they were never turned into slaves and forced to work on plantations for 15 hours a day. They were never put in cages and considered apes or subhumans, except maybe in Nazi Germany.
Accepting their lifestyle as normal is not the same as defending their basic fundamental rights, and denying that their lifestyle is normal is not the same as threatening their basic fundamental rights.
If you're going to advocate homosexuality, at least don't compare it to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The two things are different and unrelated.

Then do not focus on the situations with the children. Rather, look at the adult reactions to the situations, they can be very similar in real life. I am lucky to be from a more accepting area, but in many places it can be as bad as it is in the video.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:47:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:11:47 PM, kbub wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:01:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Contrary to what you may think, most conservative Christians do not wish to bully homosexuals. We do not believe their unions should be considered marriage, and we believe their behavior is sinful. We say their behavior isn't natural, and we believe it. But it is not our desire to push them into a corner and threaten them. It is not our desire to make their lives a living nightmare.
People often misconceive what the conservative agenda on this matter is. Preventing gay unions from being considered marriage is not synonymous to bullying and threatening their lives. The last conservative lynchings of blacks was about 50 years ago, at least for the most part, and homosexuals never suffered what the blacks suffered, the only exception being Hitler's concentration camps. Outside of Nazi Germany, they were never turned into slaves and forced to work on plantations for 15 hours a day. They were never put in cages and considered apes or subhumans, except maybe in Nazi Germany.
Accepting their lifestyle as normal is not the same as defending their basic fundamental rights, and denying that their lifestyle is normal is not the same as threatening their basic fundamental rights.
If you're going to advocate homosexuality, at least don't compare it to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The two things are different and unrelated.

I don't suppose you've ever had a family member consider suicide for being non-straight.

I think the statistic is that about 50% of people who are gay, or come out in a suicide note (this increases the statistic slightly, as it doesn't account for closeted homosexuals who do not commit suicide or do and do not write it in their suicide not) attempt, or successfully commit suicide.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:53:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 8:40:39 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Homosexuality is a behavior, not something like being black or left handed. If you choose to act a certain way and you know everyone's going to make fun of you for it, well, in a way you chose to be treated that way. I'm not saying that the bullies are justified, because they're not, but you could end your suffering by ceasing that certain behavior or at least keeping it a private matter.
At the same time, I do agree that homosexual people should not be bullied or mistreated. However, how conservative Christians typically view homosexuals doesn't fit the criteria of bullying.
Telling somebody their behavior is sinful isn't bullying, provided you don't shove them against the wall or start insulting them or threatening them. For instance, if you call them a "f*g" then you've crossed the line. If you simply tell them God dislikes homosexuality and you don't do it in a mean way, that's not bullying. Call it whatever but it's not bullying.

when did you choose to be heterosexual?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
xftrev
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 6:48:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:01:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Contrary to what you may think, most conservative Christians do not wish to bully homosexuals. We do not believe their unions should be considered marriage, and we believe their behavior is sinful. We say their behavior isn't natural, and we believe it. But it is not our desire to push them into a corner and threaten them. It is not our desire to make their lives a living nightmare.
People often misconceive what the conservative agenda on this matter is. Preventing gay unions from being considered marriage is not synonymous to bullying and threatening their lives. The last conservative lynchings of blacks was about 50 years ago, at least for the most part, and homosexuals never suffered what the blacks suffered, the only exception being Hitler's concentration camps. Outside of Nazi Germany, they were never turned into slaves and forced to work on plantations for 15 hours a day. They were never put in cages and considered apes or subhumans, except maybe in Nazi Germany.
Accepting their lifestyle as normal is not the same as defending their basic fundamental rights, and denying that their lifestyle is normal is not the same as threatening their basic fundamental rights.
If you're going to advocate homosexuality, at least don't compare it to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The two things are different and unrelated.

You seem to believe gay people should be grateful to be patronised rather than kicked in the head.

What do mean by "it's a behaviour"? How do you KNOW? I'll answer for you - you do NOT know, you are merely projecting your own prejudices based on nothing more than a belief system as fact. As is the usual tactic.

I can answer with facts that I know to be true. Because I have lived them. Because I have experience, as opposed to stuff I just happen to choose to believe without a shred of evidence. Homosexuality is neither a "behaviour" nor a choice. Could you change your "behaviour" to be homosexual? What about those who live in such hell holes as Iran or Nigeria and suffer unimaginable retribution for their sexuality? Why would they CHOOSE to "behave" in that manner?

It is not something which can be influenced by the individual so in that regard repression of homosexuals has an absolute relevance with the Civil Rights movement.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 9:57:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've encountered far more intolerance from the pro-gay marriage lobby towards the anti- lobby than I ever have the other way around... I've never once seen or heard bigotry towards a gay person or gay people and I live in rural, conservative NC. Every conservative I know despises groups like Westboro.

Do bigots exist? Sure. But there's plenty of bigotry the other way. Bigotry lies in actions, not words - you can support gay marriage and be bigoted towards gay and vice versa.
SkepticalStardust
Posts: 117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 10:27:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

Is the video trying to show how unfairly homosexuals were treated in the 1940s?
I joke, but this is an extreme exaggeration. The only realistic thing about this is possibly the parents freaking out. Coming out as gay in today's society is something most of society praises and supports. There are still unequal marriage rights in a lot of places, but I'm sure that will change soon.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 10:29:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/6/2014 10:27:21 AM, SkepticalStardust wrote:
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.


Is the video trying to show how unfairly homosexuals were treated in the 1940s?
I joke, but this is an extreme exaggeration. The only realistic thing about this is possibly the parents freaking out. Coming out as gay in today's society is something most of society praises and supports. There are still unequal marriage rights in a lot of places, but I'm sure that will change soon.

If only that were so. It is fairly easy some places. Others: not so much.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 10:33:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/6/2014 6:48:16 AM, xftrev wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:01:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Contrary to what you may think, most conservative Christians do not wish to bully homosexuals. We do not believe their unions should be considered marriage, and we believe their behavior is sinful. We say their behavior isn't natural, and we believe it. But it is not our desire to push them into a corner and threaten them. It is not our desire to make their lives a living nightmare.
People often misconceive what the conservative agenda on this matter is. Preventing gay unions from being considered marriage is not synonymous to bullying and threatening their lives. The last conservative lynchings of blacks was about 50 years ago, at least for the most part, and homosexuals never suffered what the blacks suffered, the only exception being Hitler's concentration camps. Outside of Nazi Germany, they were never turned into slaves and forced to work on plantations for 15 hours a day. They were never put in cages and considered apes or subhumans, except maybe in Nazi Germany.
Accepting their lifestyle as normal is not the same as defending their basic fundamental rights, and denying that their lifestyle is normal is not the same as threatening their basic fundamental rights.
If you're going to advocate homosexuality, at least don't compare it to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The two things are different and unrelated.

You seem to believe gay people should be grateful to be patronised rather than kicked in the head.

What do mean by "it's a behaviour"? How do you KNOW? I'll answer for you - you do NOT know, you are merely projecting your own prejudices based on nothing more than a belief system as fact. As is the usual tactic.

I can answer with facts that I know to be true. Because I have lived them. Because I have experience, as opposed to stuff I just happen to choose to believe without a shred of evidence. Homosexuality is neither a "behaviour" nor a choice. Could you change your "behaviour" to be homosexual? What about those who live in such hell holes as Iran or Nigeria and suffer unimaginable retribution for their sexuality? Why would they CHOOSE to "behave" in that manner?

It is not something which can be influenced by the individual so in that regard repression of homosexuals has an absolute relevance with the Civil Rights movement.

Let's see...how do I know it's not natural?
When two gay guys reproduce naturally with each other I'll take it all back.
Since the whole purpose of sexual activity is reproduction, any sexual activity that does not have the capacity for resulting in reproduction is unnatural.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 10:52:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:11:47 PM, kbub wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:01:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Contrary to what you may think, most conservative Christians do not wish to bully homosexuals. We do not believe their unions should be considered marriage, and we believe their behavior is sinful. We say their behavior isn't natural, and we believe it. But it is not our desire to push them into a corner and threaten them. It is not our desire to make their lives a living nightmare.
People often misconceive what the conservative agenda on this matter is. Preventing gay unions from being considered marriage is not synonymous to bullying and threatening their lives. The last conservative lynchings of blacks was about 50 years ago, at least for the most part, and homosexuals never suffered what the blacks suffered, the only exception being Hitler's concentration camps. Outside of Nazi Germany, they were never turned into slaves and forced to work on plantations for 15 hours a day. They were never put in cages and considered apes or subhumans, except maybe in Nazi Germany.
Accepting their lifestyle as normal is not the same as defending their basic fundamental rights, and denying that their lifestyle is normal is not the same as threatening their basic fundamental rights.
If you're going to advocate homosexuality, at least don't compare it to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The two things are different and unrelated.

I don't suppose you've ever had a family member consider suicide for being non-straight.

Nope, but I had a relative who was a child molester.It strikes me as odd that all of his victims were boys.
xftrev
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 11:44:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/6/2014 10:52:17 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Nope, but I had a relative who was a child molester.It strikes me as odd that all of his victims were boys.

Statistics prove the vast majority of child abusers are heterosexual, so if your personal experience is actually true, it proves absolutely nothing.

Never let evidence get in the way of good old prejudice, eh?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 11:57:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 7:58:16 AM, kbub wrote:


https://www.youtube.com...

Feel free to respond! Try to watch to the end if you can; it's a beautiful but very sad short film! And in a sense, it is based on a million true stories.

God created this film to show us His strong delusion that we're living under during this age. But don't worry, He planned on destroying this world to end His strong delusion that makes us believe that everything that we see in this world as being real. He will show us our real existence in the next age that all us saints understand in this age.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 12:15:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/6/2014 11:44:05 AM, xftrev wrote:
At 2/6/2014 10:52:17 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Nope, but I had a relative who was a child molester.It strikes me as odd that all of his victims were boys.

Statistics prove the vast majority of child abusers are heterosexual, so if your personal experience is actually true, it proves absolutely nothing.

Never let evidence get in the way of good old prejudice, eh?

That would seem to make sense, considering heterosexuals are the majority of the population, the same way you'd expect most criminals to be white. But how do you get these figures? Do you ask them whether they're gay or straight? Would they probably tell the truth about their "sexual orientation?"
Here's how to tell whether a child molester is gay or straight. Probably about 95% of sex offenders are male, if not more. Now, if their victims consist primarily of boys, they're gay. If their victims consist primarily of girls, they're straight. If their victims consist of both boys and girls, they're bisexual, which fits in the GLBT category.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 1:01:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/6/2014 11:44:05 AM, xftrev wrote:
At 2/6/2014 10:52:17 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Nope, but I had a relative who was a child molester.It strikes me as odd that all of his victims were boys.

Statistics prove the vast majority of child abusers are heterosexual, so if your personal experience is actually true, it proves absolutely nothing.

Never let evidence get in the way of good old prejudice, eh?

You can't be heterosexual and be sexually attracted to or have sex with males.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 1:08:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/6/2014 12:15:12 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/6/2014 11:44:05 AM, xftrev wrote:
At 2/6/2014 10:52:17 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Nope, but I had a relative who was a child molester.It strikes me as odd that all of his victims were boys.

Statistics prove the vast majority of child abusers are heterosexual, so if your personal experience is actually true, it proves absolutely nothing.

Never let evidence get in the way of good old prejudice, eh?

That would seem to make sense, considering heterosexuals are the majority of the population, the same way you'd expect most criminals to be white. But how do you get these figures? Do you ask them whether they're gay or straight? Would they probably tell the truth about their "sexual orientation?"

We must look at incentives to lie, and the reprecussions of such. If someone was openly gay, and they molested a child, they would have no reason to lie about being gay. (By the way, we do keep track of sexual orientations in police records and other places) Why should they have to lie? Does it make them look worse? Do they really care about public opinion enough to lie?

Most psychologists will tell you that there are deep psychological factors involved in molestation and rape, that often include sexual repression, dominance, a system with a strong hierarchy, and power. Child molestation can also be somewhat of its own paradigm, and many of its causes remain a mystery. Here are some popular theories among people who know what they are talking about.

1. The person was sexually repressed and is expressing this through molestation.
2. The person should be more defined under the causes of rape, and molests children because they report it less often, repress it more often, and are easier to get to.
3. The person is in a strict hierarchal setting, and uses it to become psychologically dominant. This can be attributed to our history as tribal groups where this was more common.
4. The person did not have a complete childhood, and they are doing this because they feel like they are regaining their youth.
5. The person was molested or raped often in their childhood, and came to believe that this behavior was normal or correct.

Your right though, the numbers for gay people molesting probably are slightly higher then we see. This can be attributed to cause #1, where the person was sexually repressed and is now lashing out. However, these people are irrelevant when discussing whether homosexuality causes molestation, because they are preventable by accepting homosexuality. If these people were not afraid to look at their own gender, it is less likely that their psyche would be harmed and they would rape/molest.

Here's how to tell whether a child molester is gay or straight. Probably about 95% of sex offenders are male, if not more. Now, if their victims consist primarily of boys, they're gay. If their victims consist primarily of girls, they're straight. If their victims consist of both boys and girls, they're bisexual, which fits in the GLBT category.

Wrong. It is theorized that the male/female ratio is closer, but more girls report sexual harassment/rape/molestation then guys are. I will give you that the numbers probably are not 50/50, but they are not so far away as you would like to think.

As for just looking at what is between the legs of the victims to determine sexuality, this too is false. Someone who rapes indiscriminately of gender may be a repressed bisexual, bisexual pedophiliac, but might also be a narcissist or have something wrong with them psychologically. (Not to nitpick, but it is LGBT, not GLBT. And in this situation we should probably drop the T, because we are talking about sexuality and not gender identity) And like I said, someone might molest boys instead of girls, because they are simply easier to get.

Look, if someone is molesting someone who has no real sexual maturity, then there is something wrong with them, they are a pedophiliac, a narcissist, or have some psychological complex. Someone who is gay, lesbian, straight or bisexual is someone who is attracted to a sexually mature person of a certain gender(s).

I would have looked through the psychiatrists desk reference for extra help, but until I become desperate, I'm not going out to the car to get it. (Too much snow) I trust my other sources.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved