Jump to topic:

If the God of the Bible isn't Real

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 2:18:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How come the Jews (1.3% of the world's population) have survived 1000 years of persecution?

Clearly at least some of their beliefs about the world must be accurate otherwise they would have been genocided off the face of the Planet long ago.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 4:27:45 PM
At 2/5/2014 2:18:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
How come the Jews (1.3% of the world's population) have survived 1000 years of persecution?

Clearly at least some of their beliefs about the world must be accurate otherwise they would have been genocided off the face of the Planet long ago.

The faults of this logic are too many to count.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
tcpanter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 3:32:28 PM

You have a very narrow minded view of how the world works if that is your logic. The Jews have survived because not everyone in the entire world is xenophobic to the point of genocide.

They only found themselves the target of such genocide because of their religious beleifs.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 4:48:29 PM

How do you know that they would have been "genocided" off the face of the planet? Is the 1000 years the actual number? What happens next year when we get to 1001 years? Do we then get to call BS?
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 5:04:16 PM

The fact that they only make up 1.3% of the population is a good indicator that they HAVEN'T survived very well.

Seriously, this has to be one of the top twenty dumbest things I've ever read.
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
aasib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 6:11:56 PM
Because, seeing as the creator of the Universe is watching over them they managed to survive the Holocaust, medieval persecution, Roman persecution, and Muslim persecution with "minimal" losses. This of course brings up the question of why an omnipotent yet benevolent God would let these things happen. Yahweh has truly honored his covenant, allowing only six million of his chosen people to die (in one particular era of a long history of Jewish persecution).

Also, the God of the Bible would be the Christian God, so the argument doesn't work either way you look at it.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 7:34:42 PM

They haven't, they've survived 2,600 years of persecution.

"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 7:46:39 PM

Not necessarily; a person's beliefs can be so strong that even death won't make them give them up even if they're beliefs aren't accurate.
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 10:07:34 AM
Us Jews survive and will survive any and all persecutions by Gentiles because we are the appointed "salt" of the earth, the "flavoring" that makes food good to eat. But Gentiles have taken Jewish salt and strewn it all over the ground to poison it with too much salt so the Gentile supposed Jewish meals are awful and make people puke out the most vile guck and call it of God. Not that us Jews have been any better at obeying God's guidance any better so we screwed up the Torah quite royally. But still, Salvation truly is of us Jews and spiritual guidance is back on track with the recovery of the Celestial Torah lost in the earthly Torah man-made polluted version produced by the ancient priests and scribes of Judah. One can easily tell the spiritual mistake of the earthly Torah because it failed to recognized the heavenly Messiah model that must be a Humanitarian Archetype as Jesus Christ was and David was not.

The true God Most High is found in the Bible but one must research the ancient history to do so, especially the Canaanite/Egyptian/Sumerian/Babylonian histories where the Jewish gods came from and were melded into one man-made YHWH which explains a lot why us Jews suffered so much for placing the wrong god on top of our spiritual values as Yahweh was always the war god until the Jesus Christ paid the price for the Lucifer stunt of Judah priests falsely elevating our tribal god, Yahweh, to EL Elyon's position as God Most High. This is why EL killed Yahweh through the Jesus as his proxy taking the fall. EL is also Saturn and it's in the Greek mythos too what Saturn does to his children. But Saturn ("EL was the Canaanite name for the planet Saturn as well as their God Most High) has a good side and is the Father of the Messiah and Ruler of Aquarius, the Humanitarian Archetype Sign of the Man in the heavens God has placed there for our spiritual guidance. On earth Jesus Christ fulfilled the "Son of Man", i.e he represented the Man Face of God seen in Aquarius which is the Man Face of Ezekiel's Chariot of God which is composed of the Four Fixed Signs of the Zodiac, Man (Aquarius), Bull, (Taurus), Leo (Lion), Scorpio (Eagle), but the Messiah is represented by two of these: Aquarius-Leo, the Lion-Man, the Sphinx and the Jewish invisible Ariel, the Angel of Jerusalem and Angel of Peace and the Lion of God.

Jesus is the spiritual Son of EL Elyon, God Most High, and therefore cannot be Yahweh, who was EL's son. This is why Jesus Christ calls out Psalm's words, "My EL, my EL, why hast thou forsaken me?" He does not call out to Yahweh but to his true Father, Saturn. Our representative of the Father Face of the Godhead or Elohim, Holy Family.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 10:30:30 AM
At 2/9/2014 10:07:34 AM, biomystic wrote:
Us Jews survive and will survive any and all persecutions by Gentiles because we are the appointed "salt" of the earth, the "flavoring" that makes food good to eat. But Gentiles have taken Jewish salt and strewn it all over the ground to poison it with too much salt so the Gentile supposed Jewish meals are awful and make people puke out the most vile guck and call it of God. Not that us Jews have been any better at obeying God's guidance any better so we screwed up the Torah quite royally. But still, Salvation truly is of us Jews and spiritual guidance is back on track with the recovery of the Celestial Torah lost in the earthly Torah man-made polluted version produced by the ancient priests and scribes of Judah. One can easily tell the spiritual mistake of the earthly Torah because it failed to recognized the heavenly Messiah model that must be a Humanitarian Archetype as Jesus Christ was and David was not.

The true God Most High is found in the Bible but one must research the ancient history to do so, especially the Canaanite/Egyptian/Sumerian/Babylonian histories where the Jewish gods came from and were melded into one man-made YHWH which explains a lot why us Jews suffered so much for placing the wrong god on top of our spiritual values as Yahweh was always the war god until the Jesus Christ paid the price for the Lucifer stunt of Judah priests falsely elevating our tribal god, Yahweh, to EL Elyon's position as God Most High. This is why EL killed Yahweh through the Jesus as his proxy taking the fall. EL is also Saturn and it's in the Greek mythos too what Saturn does to his children. But Saturn ("EL was the Canaanite name for the planet Saturn as well as their God Most High) has a good side and is the Father of the Messiah and Ruler of Aquarius, the Humanitarian Archetype Sign of the Man in the heavens God has placed there for our spiritual guidance. On earth Jesus Christ fulfilled the "Son of Man", i.e he represented the Man Face of God seen in Aquarius which is the Man Face of Ezekiel's Chariot of God which is composed of the Four Fixed Signs of the Zodiac, Man (Aquarius), Bull, (Taurus), Leo (Lion), Scorpio (Eagle), but the Messiah is represented by two of these: Aquarius-Leo, the Lion-Man, the Sphinx and the Jewish invisible Ariel, the Angel of Jerusalem and Angel of Peace and the Lion of God.

Jesus is the spiritual Son of EL Elyon, God Most High, and therefore cannot be Yahweh, who was EL's son. This is why Jesus Christ calls out Psalm's words, "My EL, my EL, why hast thou forsaken me?" He does not call out to Yahweh but to his true Father, Saturn. Our representative of the Father Face of the Godhead or Elohim, Holy Family.

None of the Jews except for those chosen by our Creator as prophets and saints know who our Creator is. They are as deceived as all other religious people that are blinded by God's Old Covenant "veil".

Here's what will happen after all flesh has perished from this world on the "Lord's Day", when everything we see ( illusions ) will be destroyed. Not even the Jewish prophets understood the prophecies they wrote. Only us saints were chosen to read the prophecies so that God could interpret them for us and learn about the future age to come after this one is destroyed.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

The" house of Israel" in the prophecies mean ALL God's people in the flesh.